JayC

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

whoa, big barda looks good, seems like you could take that helmet off. that aquaman sure looks awful, is that what he is wearing these days in the comics? sorry, i'm far behind, i've just finished the 52 series. that final crisis looks confusing.

whoa, big barda looks good, seems like you could take that helmet off. that aquaman sure looks awful, is that what he is wearing these days in the comics? sorry, i'm far behind, i've just finished the 52 series. that final crisis looks confusing.

No, the blue costume is one he wore in the mid-80's.

Aquaman1_(1986).jpg

No, the blue costume is one he wore in the mid-80's.

Aquaman1_(1986).jpg

whoa! i never knew bout that one, didn't see that one in the dc encyclopedia. i heard there's two aquaman's now, a geezer and a youngster.

I thought these new sets were NOT going to include a BAF piece in with the re-released/new version/repaint 'big name' heroes? I really don't want that horrible blue Aquaman. I guess I'll have to go to EBay for my Atom Smasher torso.

he might just be an extra. you still have flash and kid flash in the wave too.

I thought these new sets were NOT going to include a BAF piece in with the re-released/new version/repaint 'big name' heroes? I really don't want that horrible blue Aquaman. I guess I'll have to go to EBay for my Atom Smasher torso.

Perhaps. I certainly hope so. :)

Perhaps. I certainly hope so. :)

well...it usually only takes 5 figs to build. so thats barda, flash, kid flash, cap cold, and blue beetle.(thats all im getting)

I don't get all the camo Aquaman hate. I really like the costume. It certainly can't beat the classic orange and green costume and while I never saw this version until Mattel decided to make this figure I must say it is aesthetically pretty appealing at least to me with the white, black and aqua blue color combination.

I don't get all the camo Aquaman hate. I really like the costume. It certainly can't beat the classic orange and green costume and while I never saw this version until Mattel decided to make this figure I must say it is aesthetically pretty appealing at least to me with the white, black and aqua blue color combination.

i just feel that he should've come with the stand, and not flash.

I am alway excited about new DC figures but come on, why am I the only one on these boards complaining about the addition of 2 extra figures in the wave. Figure prices have increased and the average price is 12.00 a figure, now we have to get 7, not to mention Mattel wants us to get exclusives from Mattycollector. Granted my problem truly comes in because I buy 4 cases, but this is really hurting my pockets...OWWW Mattel needs to go back to 5 figures a wave, eliminate chases/variants, maybe offer up 6 waves a year and keep the exclusives soley to Mattycollector! This increase has to be a hit for those who buy multiple sets?

I am alway excited about new DC figures but come on, why am I the only one on these boards complaining about the addition of 2 extra figures in the wave. Figure prices have increased and the average price is 12.00 a figure, now we have to get 7, not to mention Mattel wants us to get exclusives from Mattycollector. Granted my problem truly comes in because I buy 4 cases, but this is really hurting my pockets...OWWW Mattel needs to go back to 5 figures a wave, eliminate chases/variants, maybe offer up 6 waves a year and keep the exclusives soley to Mattycollector! This increase has to be a hit for those who buy multiple sets?

i rather have 5 figure waves too, but i think atom smasher is a bit bigger than most of mattel's c&c figs. i wonder why flash's hands arent in fists?

Well since I buy all DCUC figures it doesn't bother me. It is as broad as it is long as they say. Being obsessive completists, most collectors are going to want every figure in order to have complete sets plus they'll want that stand too. So no problem. And for those that pick and choose they are most likely not going to be interested in the BaF anyway so whether Flash comes with a stand or piece of AS is irrelevant.

Mattel obviously knows The Flash will sell but the less known version of Aquaman might be left on the shelf so to encourage its purchase they wisely from a sales standpoint chose to include a key piece of Atom Smasher with him. This is one time I think Mattel made the correct decision.

Well since I buy all DCUC figures it doesn't bother me. It is as broad as it is long as they say. Being obsessive completists, most collectors are going to want every figure in order to have complete sets plus they'll want that stand too. So no problem. And for those that pick and choose they are most likely not going to be interested in the BaF anyway so whether Flash comes with a stand or piece of AS is irrelevant.

Mattel obviously knows The Flash will sell but the less known version of Aquaman might be left on the shelf so to encourage its purchase they wisely from a sales standpoint chose to include a key piece of Atom Smasher with him. This is one time I think Mattel made the cor

rect decision.

i agree with you. smart and sneaky mattel!