DC Universe Classics "Collect-To-Connect" Series 7 Figures

JayC

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like this lineup. The Flash and Captain Cold are must-haves for me, and Kid Flash and Blue Beetle aren't far behind. I like Atom Smasher, too. Even the Aquaman looks kind of slick.

Does anyone know why there are seven figures in this lineup? Atom Smasher is only a five-part figure, right (left and right arms, left and right legs, torso w/head)? If each figure comes with a body part like it says, what are the extra parts?

The 6th and 7th figures are probably Flash and the Aquaman repaint, and they come with stands instead of C&C parts. They said at SDCC that they'd be doing the "flagship" characters and rehashes with stands, letting the newer characters have the C&C parts. Basically a nice way for collectors to not have to buy the 200th version of Superman to get their build-a-figure.

I remember Mattel saying they were going to 10 figures a case or something and they'd be reshipping flagship characters with stands, but isn't this the first release of The Flash? That's what threw me.

* Edit to say nevermind. I realized it doesn't matter that this is the first shipment of The Flash (helps to think things through before posting ;) ). He can still come with a stand since he's an important character, and that would save the trouble of having to ship him later with a stand since they can get it over with, so to speak, with his first shipment.

I am so happy that it is the classic Flash costume. I really like when the lightning bolt belt just goes straight around his waist. I also really like that kid flash costume and who would have ever though we would get that Aquaman outfit from the 80's (now thats a great repaint)! Ted Kord Blue Beetle and Booster Gold too I love this line-up.

The 6th and 7th figures are probably Flash and the Aquaman repaint, and they come with stands instead of C&C parts. They said at SDCC that they'd be doing the "flagship" characters and rehashes with stands, letting the newer characters have the C&C parts. Basically a nice way for collectors to not have to buy the 200th version of Superman to get their build-a-figure.

Devil's advocate: How do we know that Aquaman and Flash won't have C&C parts? I don't wanna get excited and then find out I have to buy another Flash and Aquaman just so I can have my Atom Smasher.

The best news here is modern Booster is the only one with Mr.Mind. It's fitting.

Devil's advocate: How do we know that Aquaman and Flash won't have C&C parts? I don't wanna get excited and then find out I have to buy another Flash and Aquaman just so I can have my Atom Smasher.

The best news here is modern Booster is the only one with Mr.Mind. It's fitting.

I've confirmed with Mattel that the Flash will come with a figure stand and all the others will come with Atom Smasher parts.

It would be reeeeeal interesting to see Batman-related figures released in same way as this setup and each "Collect to Connect" pieces would make 1 huge Bane figure. Oh well, I'm sticking with G.I.Joes. I'm just commenting. LOL. #US1# #US1# #US1#

i dunno about you guys, but i'll be pushing for a superfriends Captain Cold variant :D

ae4j6a.jpg

Actually, I think a Superfriends version would be pretty cool.

I don't know why we should even propose it or get excited about this wave, we'll never see it!! @hmmm@

i dunno about you guys, but i'll be pushing for a superfriends Captain Cold variant :D

ae4j6a.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing a Mr Freeze one day in this line so I can have Cold and Freeze

Mr. Freeze is one of my favorite characters, and I'd like to see a new one, too. I don't know if it'll happen, though, given the two or three versions released in the DC Superheroes line, most recent being the Comic Con exclusive (the one I chose to buy).