DARKSEID Vs THANOS

Capt.S.G.Wiseman

These two are supposed to be the best evil heavy hitters in either league, as far as tangible characters go. They have been compared as being counterparts for one another between the DC & Marvel universes. The REAL question is WHO WOULD WIN ?

Darkseid: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkseid

Thanos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos

Pretty evenly matched, of course, but I think Thanos is just a bit tougher, smarter, and has much more experience fighting beings with as much or more power than he possesses. I may be a bit biased, though. :D

I remember the Amalgam Universe where these two merged to become Thanoseid

Really?? Wow, I need to do my homework. :blink:

Besides Wikipedia, are there any other references off hand?

This is from the who's who in the amalgam universe

http://www.io.com/~woodward/chroma/amalgam.html

Thanoseid [Darkseid / Thanos]

Ruler of Apokolips, father of Orion. Most meaningless portmanteau. Since Thanos comes from the Greek for "death", maybe "Deathseid" would have been better? B&B JLX LOB THO XPT

I wish I could find a picture

Ok, Darkseid wins hands down!! Darkseid is naturally more powerful as a base character. Darkseid is also physically stronger, Thanos is matched by people in the Marvel universe that Superman would wipe the floor with and Darkseid is as strong as Superman. Darkseid and Thanos have displayed equal levels of intelligence but just overall Darkseid would win, considering the latest year in the DC universe, Darkseid fooled the Source and went toe-to-toe with it and managed to trap it and his victory was upset only by Orion,

Darkseid is KING!!!

Thanks. :)

The biggest question I think is, can THANOS ABSORB DARKSEID'S OMEGA BEAMS?. This is where I think the scale tips. Thanos is capable of absorbing "Cosmic Energy". Are Darkseid's Omega blast considered cosmic energy?? If so, then Thanos has the upper hand. If not, then Darkseid has it.

Thanks. :)

The biggest question I think is, can THANOS ABSORB DARKSEID'S OMEGA BEAMS?. This is where I think the scale tips. Thanos is capable of absorbing "Cosmic Energy". Are Darkseid's Omega blast considered cosmic energy?? If so, then Thanos has the upper hand. If not, then Darkseid has it.

Its more than Omega Beams, Darkseid is just plane stronger, and is a trained warrior though he prefers not to fight. Also Darkseid has a host of other powers he has displayed throughout the years, if my memory serves right, Thanos doesn't have extra power, its his technology that he uses.

Darkseid may have more raw power, but that isn't something that would deter Thanos. He's stood up to Odin, gone toe-to-toe with guys like Thor and Champion (who had the power gem), and outsmarted the Elders of the Universe. He devised a way to take down Galactus, and has conquered the universe several times. It would be the toughest fight of his life, but I think Thanos takes it. Barely.

This is the Hypothetical Thanos that didn't have his heart ripped out by Drax during Annihilation and became the new "Death", right?

Heh, i was gonna bring that up...if Thanos can be killed by a weakened Drax, then Darkseid wins hands down. Ah hell, Darkseid wins wither way. :P

Superman can do anything. Captain Marvel can do anything. Darkseid can do anything.

YAWN.

DC characters seem boring, and these threads comparing any of them to non-DC characters are pointless because the consensus always seems to be that DC Character X is superior to Non-DC Character Y. I realize it's a DC board, but sheesh.

Superman can do anything. Captain Marvel can do anything. Darkseid can do anything.

YAWN.

DC characters seem boring, and these threads comparing any of them to non-DC characters are pointless because the consensus always seems to be that DC Character X is superior to Non-DC Character Y. I realize it's a DC board, but sheesh.

Spoken like a true Marvel fan. @smilepunch@

YAWN.

@firedevil@

YAWN.

@firedevil@

@loll@ I love it. ;)

YAWN.

dude that is the same ignorant comment Marvel fans have made for years, Dude is the question was Thor versus Captain Atom, or Guy Gardner, then I would go with Thor, but most Dc counterparts are stronger. Marvel has made Sentry and Hulk stronger and stronger as the days go by. DC is far from boring, if you have been reading both for the past 15 years, DC has had better stories and better character development. Marvel is stuck in their own mess, too cool to change huh?

dude that is the same ignorant comment Marvel fans have made for years,

Hey pal, no offense but that is EXACTLY what we do NOT want in debates like this. ;)

The "REAL" answer may never be resolved. The point is to have fun discussing it. :)

I like your style superpowers1986, and I love the user name (1986, do you know what I was doing that year? @loll@ ). Let's keep thing civil. #US1#

Do not underestimate the power of (the) Darkseid.

20fchvb.jpg

I'd rather pit Darkseid versus Apocalypse. I honestly think Apocalypse could beat Thanos. So, Darkseid vs Apocalypse would be a better fight, to me. They both have grey skin and wear blue.

20fchvb.jpg

I'd rather pit Darkseid versus Apocalypse. I honestly think Apocalypse could beat Thanos. So, Darkseid vs Apocalypse would be a better fight, to me. They both have grey skin and wear blue.

Now there is a NEW match up. @lol@ However I always felt that Apocalypse was a wanna be just like Mongol. He came close, but not close enough.

20fchvb.jpg

Now there is a NEW match up. @lol@ However I always felt that Apocalypse was a wanna be just like Mongol. He came close, but not close enough.

See, to me, "Darkseid vs Apocalypse" and "Mongul vs Thanos" are better match ups.

20fchvb.jpg

See, now I could see Darkseid vs Apocalypse and Mongul vs Thanos as better match ups.

Jesus, If only I wish Bruce Timm would be the director.

...However, Mongol always was and always will be a WANNABE!!

So, after that, we know the big player's are.

Who would win? DARKSEID or THANOS?