Future Collect and Connect (BAF) ideas

Valo487

So far I think all the choices for the Collect and Connect Build-a-Figures have been good, whether allowing an obscure character to see release as in Metamorpho or utilizing the bigger scale for larger characters such as Grodd. I think there are many more that this would suit, who would you guys like to see?

Personally my top 5 would be:

1. Doomsday - He should be bigger than Superman, and I have no use for the miniature one we got a while back. Please give us one in scale!

2. Arkillo

3. Bane - A bigger, more poseable Bane would be awesome, the one we have is forever bending his knees.

4. Darkseid - Kalibak looks to be bigger than his own father, which shouldn't be.

5. Blockbuster

One I thought about was the Anti-Monitor, but he might be too big for this, how large is he supposed to be?

1. Colossal Boy

2. Mammoth

3. Validus

4. Kilowog

5. Arkillo

I like everyone on your list but I think we are short changing ourselves with people like Kilowog, Mammoth and Arkillo, these should be standard figures, in scale with ML's Hulk figures and others in his scale. DCUC has us a little brainwashed to accept this scale as a BAF's. Now a prime example is Colossal Boy, and Validus, those dudes are huge and I want a HUGE BUTT Anti-monitor.

Also I think a perfect idea for the CC thing is that if you have a CC character that grows ex. Giganta, Colossal Boy, Apache Cheif, then include the basic figure in the same line as part of the wave. I don't like the fact that we are getting Atom Smasher in his big form without a standard size. Anyone agree??

I dont really know should Darkseid be a C&C. I don't really think he needs to be that big.Maybe a few years later when the really large characters like Collossal Boy or Giganta all received the C&C treatment, then we can revise the old figures that needs an upgrade in size.

But I don't think Bane needs to be a C&C though.

1. Colossal Boy

2. Mammoth

3. Validus

4. Kilowog

5. Arkillo

I like everyone on your list but I think we are short changing ourselves with people like Kilowog, Mammoth and Arkillo, these should be standard figures, in scale with ML's Hulk figures and others in his scale. DCUC has us a little brainwashed to accept this scale as a BAF's. Now a prime example is Colossal Boy, and Validus, those dudes are huge and I want a HUGE BUTT Anti-monitor.

Also I think a perfect idea for the CC thing is that if you have a CC character that grows ex. Giganta, Colossal Boy, Apache Cheif, then include the basic figure in the same line as part of the wave. I don't like the fact that we are getting Atom Smasher in his big form without a standard size. Anyone agree??

I agree. If we're getting a giant-sized Atom Smasher, I'd like a normal sized AS as well, but we have to realize this is only wishful thinking. We're lucky to be getting a single AS let alone to ask for two.

As to your earlier point, I'm not sure Mattel has limited the C&C characters to only the giants of the DCU. Look at Metamorpho for example. I believe Plastic Man is another C&C contender. I think the C&C format is the launch pad for figures who could use a little extra be it stretchable limbs, transforming body parts, or just a larger than normal size. I'd rather see Mammoth as a C&C for example than to see him done as a regular figure but disappointingly small. Look at Bane and Doomsday.

I Kilowag should be made with an entire wave of Green lanterns. We can finally get John, Guy, Kyle, Ganthet/guardian two pack and Salaak.

i'm all for a GL wave, but keep the humans out of it, at least not all 3 obviously they'd need 1 but i want some aliens. a nice mix of 2 GL's and maybe 2 Sinestro Corps would be cool. i still however say Killowog doesn't need the BaF treatment, he's big but not that big and he's also popular enough that he could stand on his own as a figure. and for the last time people Darkseid doesn't need to be redone, put the current figure of him next to one of the hero figures, he's go a good couple inches on them which translates into a good couple feet.

I really like the ideas posted so far.

I also think there NEEDS to be a Doomsday figure, and he needs to be as hulking and menacing as possible. The DCSH version didn't get the circulation it needed and there hasn't been a DCD version in quite a long time (besides the 2-pack with the Death of Superman), so the demand from collectors is really there. Plus he's one of the lead characters in the best selling comic of all time and the guy that killed Superman, so the appeal to regular fans is there.

I'd like to say I'd personally buy every figure in a wave that has a Doomsday build-a-figure. We need one!