G.I.Joe Resolute

Spike

"It's animation."

Apparently it's a new Joe toon that will be airing on Cartoon Network ("I'd assume Adult Swim) in small mini-episodes similar to the original Clone Wars. Looks pretty bad ass. Lots of violence (video on YouTube). In this the Joes use the Flagg as their floating base. Some of the characters have been redesigned though. Notably Stalker's dreadlocks. he show has nothing to do with the previous cartoons and has it's own continuity though the footage on Youtube has the Sunbow opening (sort of).

Perhaps it will be based on ratings and all around reviews. The Clone Wars mini-series spawned another so it's possible that the more popular the show gets we may see something more long term. From the little we've seen it looks pretty badass, though I've heard - correct me if I'm wrong fellow posters - that some characters may be killed off thus making a longer series less probable. Then again it depends on who bites the bullet. Whatever happens, it isn't happening soon enough. I think I heard word that there would be some figure tie-ins as well....

I really doubt we'll get a sequel to Resolute just becuase of the time frame involved. Resolte is not suppossed to start until next spring (atleast thats what I remember hearing). By the time its all aired and they have decided to do a sequel the movie will be beginning it's hype and I'm sure Hasbro would rather have a half hour show set within the movies universe so they can tie it to the movie than some stand alone cartoon like Resolute.