Temple Of Doom Figures

indyjones101

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion actually sold out around here before the sale even hit. (and no; I didn't buy them all. heh.) Right now all that's lying about is the Monkey Man, Sallah, German Soldiers; and anything from the Crystal Skull. Though my friend in Kentucky did grab me 2 Henry Sr.s at his local Wal-Mart and my friend in GA did find all the Last Crusade stuff on clearance at TJ Maxx; so I guess it depends on the area.

I wou;d think that all wal-mart have left is left overs from Raiders and Crystal Skull

Considering the way Hasbro packed their later waves, that's probably true.

Actually from what I've been seeing for the last two weeks are a lot of the revised TLC cases, the one that included only Henry Jones, Young Indy and TLC Indy. I've been seeing a lot of those figures lately and this is after NOT seeing them weeks before and during Christmas time meaning that Wal-Marts were still receiving stock from the warehouse or had it in the back. I don't know, but I was hoping that some ToD cases would ship out.

I've been seeing Henry Jones a lot at both Target and Toys R Us too, so I think Indy toys are still getting shipped.

Actually from what I've been seeing for the last two weeks are a lot of the revised TLC cases, the one that included only Henry Jones, Young Indy and TLC Indy. I've been seeing a lot of those figures lately and this is after NOT seeing them weeks before and during Christmas time meaning that Wal-Marts were still receiving stock from the warehouse or had it in the back. I don't know, but I was hoping that some ToD cases would ship out.

I've been seeing Henry Jones a lot at both Target and Toys R Us too, so I think Indy toys are still getting shipped.

I'm sure they're still being shipped, a lot of these toys are simply becoming saturated on the pegs, that's why we're starting to see them. Initially, I saw tons and tons of Indy and Young Indy figures, now I'm starting to see a few Grail Knight and Henry Jones figures too as people have bought them. I've still only seen a single Vogel (I bought it) and never saw an Elsa yet.

The local Walmart has 2 full pegs of Young Indy and 2 more of TLC Indy, not to mention 8-10 pegs of ROTLA and Crystal Skull crap that isn't moving at all.

I couldn't hold out any longer and I got a complete set loose of the Temple of Doom figures for 60 bucks in total with shipping. What do you guys think is that a good price 10 bucks per figure? I'm comfortable with it provided that they don't turn up on clearance in the USA any time soon.

This is what i don't get... HASBRO manages to get everyone's hopes up on the TOHT wave making all the major Cool Characters, then YANKS that line and cancels the FINAL wave??? but NOOOOO they had to make dozens of German & Cairo henchmen figures warming the pegs not to mention a few too many INDY figures and hardly noticable TEMPLE OF DOOM FIGURES. did you notice that the TEMPLE wave had basically the BEST figures in that WAVE???

Right now i'm burning up with HASBRO and lower myself on going to EBAY to get the TEMPLE wave and probably spend the extra dollars on shipping and high prices for these FIGURES... i tell you fellow collectors... collecting figures are not what they used to be... this really SUCKS

Oh, I agree entirely. I'm really disgusted at a lot of the crap that Hasbro, in particular, has pulled recently. This is just the worst of the worst. I've already said that if I can't pull those figures off a store shelf, I simply won't ever have them and I'm perfectly satisfied to go through with that.

On another note, the local Walmart reduced all of their Indy figures to $3 and they still have nothing worth buying. I might stop by a different Walmart to see if they have anything better, but I'm not holding my breath. Hasbro completely screwed the pooch on this one. Anyone surprised?

We all know that the KOTCS wave was aimed at the kids, hence why there's so many Mutts and Indys in the wave. However, they aimed the Raiders, Last Crusade and Temple waves at us collectors, since we'd know them more.

However, sales just weren't that great. We all did our best to help save the line, I know I did. To me, its a damn shame we won't see the Raiders wave slated for this month, or the ToD Club Obi-Wan wave which was slated for 2009 as well.

This is what i don't get... HASBRO manages to get everyone's hopes up on the TOHT wave making all the major Cool Characters, then YANKS that line and cancels the FINAL wave??? but NOOOOO they had to make dozens of German & Cairo henchmen figures warming the pegs not to mention a few too many INDY figures and hardly noticable TEMPLE OF DOOM FIGURES. did you notice that the TEMPLE wave had basically the BEST figures in that WAVE???

Right now i'm burning up with HASBRO and lower myself on going to EBAY to get the TEMPLE wave and probably spend the extra dollars on shipping and high prices for these FIGURES... i tell you fellow collectors... collecting figures are not what they used to be... this really SUCKS

You said it.Hasbro at Comic Con last year:"oh look at the latest wave of Indy figures for 09.Woops the line is not selling well and we have to cancel the line and only send out a small number of TOD figure,we are so sorry".Badly managed toy line you bet.

Your right, I am a casual Indy fan and only wanted figures from the TOD movie only to learn they were cancelled. It seems toy makers and retail places are entirely dumb. The pegs have had the same crappy figures for months while the best ones never saw retail or at least I never saw them.