Temple Of Doom Figures

indyjones101

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found all but two of the Temple of Doom figures at Forbidden Planet (in the UK). They were all £6.99 each. They didn't have Willie or the Thuggee Guard, but I bought all the others.

Don't want to make anyone jealous, but they look like the best wave yet in my opinion. Mola Ram and the Big Thuggee are fantastic. Looks like Mola Ram's headress is definitely removable.

I got mine in the mail yesterday from BBTS. Funny thing is, it looked like one of the "Raiders" Indys had a new face-sculpt. But...I gave it to my brother since I already had one. So I can't confirm that. (Sorry guys!!)

I can try to do pics but my pc had a weird filter on it that restricts some pictures. I have a photobucket.com account, but I'm not sure it will work. I might try and get back with you all.

I'll agree with others though; this may be the best wave yet. I LOVE the Temple of Doom Indy. Willie is really detailed, Short Round really looks like the actor that played him, Mola Ram looks great as well. They all have great detailing. The only complaint I have is the fact that they package these things in the factory case on the side that has those little edges from the wording on the packaging that is so hard to find in great shape. You guys know what I mean, where the edges of the lettering stick-out or are cut out on the side of the cardback? Yeah...they pack them down on that side. Sorry...it's just that I'm a MOMC collector first, and the only real mint one I got out of my case was Mola Ram; the rest had bent word egdes. But I digress...

I recieved mine in the mail yesterday from BBTS. I decided to order a whole case instead of just a set, In hopes of a few extra sells might change Hasbros mind. I opened them all up played with them a bit. "YES, I said played big whoop wanna make something of it!!" I waited 23 years for some good Indy figs. They are nice and possibily my favorite set. I really hope the SDCC wave makes it out. If they are anything like this wave they will be amazing. But unfortualy I have lost all hope of ever seening the SDCC wave.

Chopz

I hate to play the villain, but here goes. So here’s my question…people are claiming to have these all over the net now…yet we don’t get a shred of information or pictures anywhere. Not a single freaking person's done what every freaking collector does when they get home with new stuff: Post loose shots. Yet it's the best wave yet! No confirmation as to whether Mola Ram’s headdress is removable. No confirmation on whether or not Indiana has Sankara stones in his pouch. Nothing! So…good lord. Today! So I hate to play by the book, but the obligatory “This thread is useless without pictures” comes to mind. But then you’re not even giving us information. So…what’s even the point!?! Ugh! Frustrating! Stop posting if you're going to keep pushing back photos. I'll post them tonight. I'll post them tomorrow. I'll post them next week. I'll post them next year! GAH! @smilepunch@

I will try and anwser your questions Mysterio, At this time I do not have access to my camera and home computer.

1. the headress does come off of Mola Ram and his head is painted.

2. Indys pouch is no different from the other Indy pouches. Its a solid piece of plastic.

Hope these anwser your questions until some pics get posted.

Chopz

I will try and anwser your questions Mysterio, At this time I do not have access to my camera and home computer.

1. the headress does come off of Mola Ram and his head is painted.

2. Indys pouch is no different from the other Indy pouches. Its a solid piece of plastic.

Hope these anwser your questions until some pics get posted.

Chopz

Thank you kindly sir and please forgive my lack of patience.

time for an Exulted Unicron mini review:

Temple Indy: This Indy figure is based off the way Indy looks in the final half of the movie. He's been battered and bruised thanks to Mola Ram and his Thugs. Very nice sculpt on Indy, torn shirt, one sleeve missing and the shirt wapped around his palm. Oddly enough, the package calls his accessory a sword, yet its a Machete. The accessories are really spot on with nothing extranous, just a simple coiled whip for his hip and a machete in hand.

Short Round: Very nice figure, lots of detailing on the backpack and outfit. Reasonable likeness Jonathan Qe Qwan (who surprisingly is nearly 40 these days). Accessories are a knife, torch and a backpack. Knife is something I don't remember Shorty using in the film. My only real gripe with Shorty is that he has to be displayed like he's moving forward, he cannot be displayed standing straight, since he looks odd. If you're gonna display him, use a stand.

Mola Ram: Easily my fave of this wave. Mola is alive with sculpted detail and an amazing paintjob. His accessories are a removeable headdress, knife, sash, burning heart and kali goblet. Of course, he suffers from 2 problems. The first is his left hand is always forced open, thanks to Hasbro placing the goblet in his hand and securing it with a rubber band. The other is like the other robed figures, he can't pose or stand up very well. But other than those 2 minor gripes, he is the most amazing figure of this entire wave.

Giant Thuggee: Our first Pat Roach figure, we all know this guy...the thug who fought Indy tooth and nail on the conveyor belt and ended up being squished in those giant rollers. He's tallest of the figures and wide too. He really does look alot like his onscreen counterpart. The whip is there, along with the first usuable holster outside of the Raiders wave, yep thats right...you can actually sheath his sword in the sheath on his hip. He looks amazing

All in All, Hasbro's done alot better on this wave than the previous 2. Things have come a long way since May 22nd, when Raiders hit the stores, followed by KOTCS. These sculpts are really on par with their on screen counterparts and are really worth picking up from wherever you can snag them from