Batman 3 Rumors

Wheeljack35

And why do you think that?

In almost every incarnation of Batman it is usually Robin with him

Robin is a boring, teenaged version of Batman. Barbara Gordon at least adds something else to the mix as she has to hide her Batgirl identity from her family. Also, her overall story from Batgirl to Oracle is more interesting than the cheap knock off of Batman that Robin is. I like Robin, but I like Batgirl more.

Well this is your own personal subjective feelings. Robin may have started off campy but these days he's evolved into much more interesting character

in general, both Grayson's evolution from Robin to Nightwing and Drake as Robin.

Oh he just wants to see a sexy young girl in a tight leotard :P :P

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin is a boring, teenaged version of Batman. Barbara Gordon at least adds something else to the mix as she has to hide her Batgirl identity from her family. Also, her overall story from Batgirl to Oracle is more interesting than the cheap knock off of Batman that Robin is. I like Robin, but I like Batgirl more.

Well this is your own personal subjective feelings. Robin may have started off campy but these days he's evolved into much more interesting character

in general, both Grayson's evolution from Robin to Nightwing and Drake as Robin.

Oh he just wants to see a sexy young girl in a tight leotard :P :P

@loll@

As opposed to Robin, who doesn't have to hide his identity from anyone and parades around without a mask, right?

Come on. I realize she has boobs and that's all it takes for many people, but Batgirl pales in comparison to Robin, who's probably the greatest superhero sidekick out there.

As opposed to Robin, who doesn't have to hide his identity from anyone and parades around without a mask, right?

Come on. I realize she has boobs and that's all it takes for many people, but Batgirl pales in comparison to Robin, who's probably the greatest superhero sidekick out there.

Robin is the greatest superhero sidekick out there? How is he so different from Aqualad or Bucky? There are very few great Dick Grayson stories, at least Barbara Gordon has had something interesting happen to her since she was introduced. Yeah, so Dick changed his costume and moved to Gotham's suburb, but he's still Robin. Robin's story is virtually the same as a teenager moving out of his parent's house and moving across the street, changing his clothes, and thinking he's some incredible person for it.

Drake is my favorite Robin and Nightwing stands on his own as sidekick. While I like Batgirl she is either there for her looks or standing next Batman going "So he robbed the bank and left this clue?" She becomes such a second banana she is cooler as Oracle and I never could connect with the other Batgirls. But I doubt we will ever see any of the sidekicks in the Nolanverse......is this what we calling this series, the Nolanverse?

Robin is the greatest superhero sidekick out there? How is he so different from Aqualad or Bucky? There are very few great Dick Grayson stories, at least Barbara Gordon has had something interesting happen to her since she was introduced. Yeah, so Dick changed his costume and moved to Gotham's suburb, but he's still Robin. Robin's story is virtually the same as a teenager moving out of his parent's house and moving across the street, changing his clothes, and thinking he's some incredible person for it.

Well for one he has had a great deal of solo series that alone puts him way higher than Bucky or Aqualad. And the only thing interesting that happened to Barbara was the fact that she got

shot by the Joker and confined to a wheelchair, if you find that interesting then you should have really enjoyed the fact that Jason Todd (2nd Robin) was beaten with a crowbar and then blown

up. Although you're entitled to your own opinion its pretty evident you do have an intrinsic bias towards Robin, especially if you still consider Grayson to be another version of Robin despite the

fact that he's not, he grew up from among his mentor's shadow and proved his own self worth rivaling Batman in many areas. If thats your view regarding Robin then it should be the same with Batgirl since she herself has undergone change of her own.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of any Robin, he is THE most popular sidekick in the DC universe and Nightwing is a popular stand-alone character. Like them or hate them, it's the plain truth proven by the fact that each of them has their own ongoing comic series. Whether you believe they have good stories or not, they sell. Batgirl shares the same story. She has her own book and following in all of her incarnations. Oracle is very popular spreading all across the DC Universe and Cassandra has her own title.

Regardless... None of them will appear in the next movie so the speculation is pointless. Sure fans may like to see them, but they aren't even 'rumor' as is the title of this posting.

At this point the only new characters we may or may not see are Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman and they are all speculative at best.

Regardless of who the next villian(s) is going to be, my concern will be the plot. What new and fresh threat can be utilized to give us an exciting "Gotham is in trouble and Batman needs to save the day" kind of story?

The story, to me, won't be the hard part. Joker riled up the city he was an out and out terrorist. He was like Osama except he lived in the same city he was terrorizing and he frankly he was just downright creepy. One more villain on the heels of the Joker (possibly connected somehow, maybe being recruited by someone to hurt Gotham?) will just drive Gotham into a frenzy. I think the story (at least the outline) will the be easy part.

He sure is and he is the most well known even by Marvel fans and non comic fans

Well, the simple aspect of it is that Robin is pretty much the first teen-sidekick character. I think there may have actually been one or two before him, but they didn't "stick" (nor did the characters they were attached to, really). It's pretty common for the first "archetype-bearer" that sticks/becomes particularly popular to end up being a major part of comic-circles.

Again, as much as I like the characters and think that they could be done in interesting and "semi-realistic" ways, I don't think Nolan's Bat-Verse is ever going to go the "Bat Family" route. However....

Well then do you have any ideas how it could be done without making Bruce look creepy and not losing the audience?

That much is simple: Good writing and good acting. Something that the folks involved with these films have already proven themselves capable of.

The audience will understand that Bruce's relationship with Robin is "not creepy" because they see it on-screen. The people in-universe might think it's a little odd, but the out-of-universe audience knows better. Of course, there's always going to be that segment of people that see two males alone in a room together and scream "ZOMG TEH GHEY!" But you can't do anything about that.

The same goes for "losing the audience." Please note: Losing you individually is not "losing the audience." If people can buy a guy with half his face burned to the bone running around, talking normally, and otherwise being perfectly functional, I think introducing Robin has little chance of "losing the audience." The average moviegoing audience isn't nearly as discriminating as you seem to think they are.

In short: All it takes to make Robin "palatable" is a bit of creativity, and some good writing and acting. I can't get any more specific than that, because if I were that creative, I'd be writing mega-million dollar Hollywood movie scripts myself.

Well, the simple aspect of it is that Robin is pretty much the first teen-sidekick character. I think there may have actually been one or two before him, but they didn't "stick" (nor did the characters they were attached to, really). It's pretty common for the first "archetype-bearer" that sticks/becomes particularly popular to end up being a major part of comic-circles.

Again, as much as I like the characters and think that they could be done in interesting and "semi-realistic" ways, I don't think Nolan's Bat-Verse is ever going to go the "Bat Family" route. However....

Well then do you have any ideas how it could be done without making Bruce look creepy and not losing the audience?

That much is simple: Good writing and good acting. Something that the folks involved with these films have already proven themselves capable of.

The audience will understand that Bruce's relationship with Robin is "not creepy" because they see it on-screen. The people in-universe might think it's a little odd, but the out-of-universe audience knows better. Of course, there's always going to be that segment of people that see two males alone in a room together and scream "ZOMG TEH GHEY!" But you can't do anything about that.

The same goes for "losing the audience." Please note: Losing you individually is not "losing the audience." If people can buy a guy with half his face burned to the bone running around, talking normally, and otherwise being perfectly functional, I think introducing Robin has little chance of "losing the audience." The average moviegoing audience isn't nearly as discriminating as you seem to think they are.

In short: All it takes to make Robin "palatable" is a bit of creativity, and some good writing and acting. I can't get any more specific than that, because if I were that creative, I'd be writing mega-million dollar Hollywood movie scripts myself.

I know losing me isn't losing the whole audience, to me losing the audience is like in Spiderman 3 where Peter starts dancing for some reason......you literally hear the crowd in the theater start laughing before grumbling. A friend of mine who isn't a big comic book fan leaned over to me and said, "So evil mind control space goo makes you dance?" That is losing the audience to me.

Wow I never knew saying those few words could spark such a debate:)Oh well, I don't see why they could not add him. I think The introduction of Dick Grayson would be a good addition. If they did it right. And I think Nolan could pull it off. Besides, How do we know Nolan is not already planning on it?

Besides, He doesn't have to stay at the Manor, there is always the townhouse in the city.

Wasn't the original story of robin almost a mirror to Batman? a young boy losing his parents and wants revenge and Batman helps teach him the ways to do that?

I still say it could work. The only problem we have seen is the Batman forever robin and the Burt ward robin. I say Nolan is the man to bring Robin back to his True glory and that is by the side of Batman.

In short: All it takes to make Robin "palatable" is a bit of creativity, and some good writing and acting.

Amen.

Suspension of disbelief is something Nolan knows how to work. We've bought into everything else, and I don't think Robin would be any different.

In short: All it takes to make Robin "palatable" is a bit of creativity, and some good writing and acting.

Amen.

Suspension of disbelief is something Nolan knows how to work. We've bought into everything else, and I don't think Robin would be any different.

robin is garbage and does not belong in live action film. ESPECIALLY the nolan-verse. anyone who does not see that can just enjoy his little dick..... grayson.

Batman%20Kiss.jpg

Amen.

robin is garbage and does not belong in live action film. ESPECIALLY the nolan-verse. anyone who does not see that can just enjoy his little dick..... grayson.

Batman%20Kiss.jpg

Wow that was a very mature post :rolleyes:

Amen.

Batman%20Kiss.jpg

Wow that was a very mature post :rolleyes:

Indeed

Amen.

Batman%20Kiss.jpg

Good things come in small packages. I think Robin (any of them) could be done in a very cool way to fit Nolan's Batverse.

well i recently found out today that Johnny Depp signed on to Pirates of the Carribean 4....maybe means no riddler for him ?

Prolly won't be the Riddler doesn't really matter though since he was never offered the part and there is no script or villain and Nolan is still on vacation and preproduction won't start till at least 09 if Nolan signs on one more time. And while I think Depp could do a good job he is signed up with Disney till like 2015. Pirates 4, the Lone Ranger, and Alice in Wonderland. He has quite a bit on his plate from the Mouse.

While I think Depp could do a good job he is signed up with Disney till like 2015. Pirates 4, the Lone Ranger, and Alice in Wonderland. He has quite a bit on his plate from the Mouse.

Speaking of Alice in Wonderland, I think the Mad Hatter could be done in a realistic and very dark way!!!

well i recently found out today that Johnny Depp signed on to Pirates of the Carribean 4....maybe means no riddler for him ?

Theres going to be a Pirates 4?! :rolleyes: They need to just give it a rest, a trilogy was fine.

Hollywood sure knows how to milk anything and everything.

Speaking of Alice in Wonderland, I think the Mad Hatter could be done in a realistic and very dark way!!!

I heard a few people suggest making him a pedophile, even though they would never take him that route, it would

sure as hell make him alot more creepier and very dark.

In the villian column, how about Red Hood or Black Mask? Keeping with the powerless, more realistic villians. Both could be done.

Theres going to be a Pirates 4?! :rolleyes: They need to just give it a rest, a trilogy was fine.

I heard a few people suggest making him a pedophile, even though they would never take him that route, it would

haha Pirates 4: Sparrow in Space

I think the Mad Hatter would be a strange character. I don't know how you could pull it off without making him kind of laughable, not funny on purpose kind of laughable. Or just a crazed killer in a top hat which actually could work for me.

haha Pirates 4: Sparrow in Space

I think the Mad Hatter would be a strange character. I don't know how you could pull it off without making him kind of laughable, not funny on purpose kind of laughable. Or just a crazed killer in a top hat which actually could work for me.

Sparrow is Space? @loll@

Personally Nolan doesn't seem like the kind of director that would do Mad Hatter, he's just not one of those characters thats that compelling especially

when there are alot more better villains to choose from.

In the villian column, how about Red Hood or Black Mask? Keeping with the powerless, more realistic villians. Both could be done.

Black Mask would perhaps be the ideal route. Him and Wayne have some commonality, not to mention it would be an interesting

spin to have a freak take over the mob. IMO I don't think Red Hood would work without watering him down to being unrecognizable.