Batman 3 Rumors

Wheeljack35

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, silly me to use a public fourm to express my thought & opinions.

Please save the melodrama, not once did I say don't express your opinions! Oh yeah, let me add a LOL!!

You know what could work for Catwoman, if she were done as a brief cameo, a la Scarecrow!! Let her get into a fight with Batman while tring to say rob, Wayne Manor/Tower in the beginning, only to be interrupted by the police!! It could be a well known actress, or an unknown!! That way the character is introduced, but doesn't take away from the main movie!! Just a way to have her in the movie! She can leave Batman with a reference to you missed me yet again or something to show this is ongoing, kind of playing on what was said in the last movie!!

first off i guess im missing something i dont see how you can compare joker to riddler. id like to see riddler done like deniro in cape fear have question marks tatted all oer his body. and spiderman 3 failed not because of how many villian but lack of a real story for them raimi didnt even want to put venom in the movie it was a last minet add for the fans saimi has said he wasnt even a big fan of venom. but its all just up in the air for now. but i dont know if dummy or some other less know villin would fly for mass market. and as for depp being to big i dont see it i mean freeman is huge and he did just fine. i mean were talkin about depp he can pretty much do anything. but mainly i just want to see a good to great movie good story good acting and interesting am i right?

Please save the melodrama, not once did I say don't express your opinions! Oh yeah, let me add a LOL!!

You know what could work for Catwoman, if she were done as a brief cameo, a la Scarecrow!! Let her get into a fight with Batman while tring to say rob, Wayne Manor/Tower in the beginning, only to be interrupted by the police!! It could be a well known actress, or an unknown!! That way the character is introduced, but doesn't take away from the main movie!! Just a way to have her in the movie! She can leave Batman with a reference to you missed me yet again or something to show this is ongoing, kind of playing on what was said in the last movie!!

I agree, Johnny Depp doesn't strike me as one of those guys who would say he was too big for it. Remember, he got his start opposite the campy, over-the-top freddie krueger, and has played an eccentric character in Pirates, so I would be all for him as Riddler.

That said, here are some ideas of my own:

Deathstroke - Christopher Meloni or John C. Mcginley ( idk why, but something about his Dr. Cox character just says to me that he could pull it off.)

Penguin + Philip Seymour Hoffman : Love it.

Catwoman: Famke Jannsen or Milena Govich (law and order)

Kirk Langstrom/Man-Bat - Jeremy Sisto

Mr. Freeze - Robert Patrick (what can I say, I still love T-1000)

Poison Ivy - Here is Where Angelina Jolie would work better. They could do a biological warfare type of plot where the paranoia either plunges Gotham into further chaos, or finally helps to unite it.

yup...........your a woman all right.

I agree, Johnny Depp doesn't strike me as one of those guys who would say he was too big for it. Remember, he got his start opposite the campy, over-the-top freddie krueger, and has played an eccentric character in Pirates, so I would be all for him as Riddler.

Deathstroke - Christopher Meloni or John C. Mcginley ( idk why, but something about his Dr. Cox character just says to me that he could pull it off.)

Poison Ivy - Here is Where Angelina Jolie would work better. They could do a biological warfare type of plot where the paranoia either plunges Gotham into further chaos, or finally helps to unite it.

I think that Depp is too big for it now. Maybe back when he started with Freddy he would have worked but Nolan doesn't like to use actors that have started in a very successful trilogy before coming to Batman. And also I think the Riddler will be too close to the Joker. Psycho or not he will have just have the crazy/funny motif about him that Joker did and everyone will look at the performance in comparison to Ledger's Joker. Also he was in Batman Forever and there was a rumor supposedly from David Goyer that said that Nolan doesn't want characters who would make it campy (pretty much everyone on that list above) and he wants characters that have never been in a Batman movie before. Joker was his one big character.

I think that Depp is too big for it now. Maybe back when he started with Freddy he would have worked but Nolan doesn't like to use actors that have started in a very successful trilogy before coming to Batman. And also I think the Riddler will be too close to the Joker. Psycho or not he will have just have the crazy/funny motif about him that Joker did and everyone will look at the performance in comparison to Ledger's Joker. Also he was in Batman Forever and there was a rumor supposedly from David Goyer that said that Nolan doesn't want characters who would make it campy (pretty much everyone on that list above) and he wants characters that have never been in a Batman movie before. Joker was his one big character.

joker was in the first ever batman so by u sayin he wants to use other villins not seen voids that comment. and so was two face he was played by billy d williams in the first keaton movie and we all know tommy jones played two face already. and it seems no matter what, people will compare anything to the joker from the blogs i read. lets remember by the time another batman movie is made will be a while so the jokeraka ledger wont be fresh in peoples minds.plus the new bat movies are kinda like the others were never made its a fresh start. who knows he may even bring in robin for the next movie. and i dont see depp thinking hes to big for any move hes always just liked to act from freddy to the barber of fleet st. to edward scissorhands to21 jump st screat window to nick of time the man likes to act.but most of all get away from this whole ledger thing it was a great acting job yes but theres no way in hell riddler is any compareson to joker other than they both wear green. riddler can be done miles away from joker or even any riddler befor him. with the right actor and great writeing

joker was in the first ever batman so by u sayin he wants to use other villins not seen voids that comment. and so was two face he was played by billy d williams in the first keaton movie and we all know tommy jones played two face already. and it seems no matter what, people will compare anything to the joker from the blogs i read. lets remember by the time another batman movie is made will be a while so the jokeraka ledger wont be fresh in peoples minds.plus the new bat movies are kinda like the others were never made its a fresh start. who knows he may even bring in robin for the next movie. and i dont see depp thinking hes to big for any move hes always just liked to act from freddy to the barber of fleet st. to edward scissorhands to21 jump st screat window to nick of time the man likes to act.

Joker was Nolan's big villain that has been in another movie and while you are right Two-Face was in Forever but I'm telling what Goyer supposedly said. Also Depp might not see himself as being too big for the role but I directors and casting will. And while I can't speak for Depp or Nolan I think Nolan will see him as too big for the role. But to tell the real truth no one truly knows who the next big bad will be or if Nolan will come back on board for a third movie. But as for Robin, Bale said he will not be in another Batman movie if Robin is in it.

joker was in the first ever batman so by u sayin he wants to use other villins not seen voids that comment. and so was two face he was played by billy d williams in the first keaton movie and we all know tommy jones played two face already. and it seems no matter what, people will compare anything to the joker from the blogs i read. lets remember by the time another batman movie is made will be a while so the jokeraka ledger wont be fresh in peoples minds.plus the new bat movies are kinda like the others were never made its a fresh start. who knows he may even bring in robin for the next movie. and i dont see depp thinking hes to big for any move hes always just liked to act from freddy to the barber of fleet st. to edward scissorhands to21 jump st screat window to nick of time the man likes to act.

Joker was Nolan's big villain that has been in another movie and while you are right Two-Face was in Forever but I'm telling what Goyer supposedly said. Also Depp might not see himself as being too big for the role but I directors and casting will. And while I can't speak for Depp or Nolan I think Nolan will see him as too big for the role. But to tell the real truth no one truly knows who the next big bad will be or if Nolan will come back on board for a third movie. But as for Robin, Bale said he will not be in another Batman movie if Robin is in it.

i must agree i dont think i want to see robin while i like robin where the movies are going bale is just fine by himself. but what about maybe givein him some help by another hero what are your thoughts on that? who may you guys like to see give him some help weather it be advice or something weapons or just a few kicks here and there. iv got it batman teams up with blade lol

And also I think the Riddler will be too close to the Joker. Psycho or not he will have just have the crazy/funny motif about him that Joker did and everyone will look at the performance in comparison to Ledger's Joker. Also he was in Batman Forever and there was a rumor supposedly from David Goyer that said that Nolan doesn't want characters who would make it campy (pretty much everyone on that list above) and he wants characters that have never been in a Batman movie before. Joker was his one big character.

Jim Carrey's Riddler was based on the 60's Batman TV show, but The Animated series and most of the comics from the 80's on portray a very serious Riddler. Nolan has sighted Jeph Loeb/ Tim Sale's graphic novels as the basis for the Joker and the over all mood for his films. In the Long Halloween and Dark Victory, the Riddler is closer to Dustin Hoffman's Rainman, a rather timid man always talking in riddles even during "normal" conversations. Jonny Depp wouldn't even have to try to nail that part down.

As far as Nolan choosing a no-name actor OVER Depp, I wouldn't think so. JD has proven over his career that he is a joy to work with and brings a level of enthusiasm to the films he's worked on. I think IF Nolan chooses to use the Riddler in B3, he needs Depp.

I think some of the folks thinking "most" of Batman's rogues are "too unrealistic" need to remember that this is still a fictional world where a billionaire dresses up like a giant bat to go beat up crooks every night. A guy that paints himself like a clown and openly commits a massive crime spree isn't all that "realistic" either. Or the guy that wears a Scarecrow mask, or a guy who's remotely functional with half of his face burned down to the bone. Not to mention the modern day ninja doomsday cult. I mean, you hear about those in the news all the time, right?

Basically, the only Bat villains that are "too unrealistic" for the already established atmosphere of Nolan's Bat-Verse are those with blatantly inhuman deformities (though again, take one look at Two-Face) or superhuman abilities, and a good three-quarters of those could probably be reworked into "non-Superhuman" versions (or based off of incarnations that didn't have any powers, like the original Clayface for example) pretty easily.

I think some of the folks thinking "most" of Batman's rogues are "too unrealistic" need to remember that this is still a fictional world where a billionaire dresses up like a giant bat to go beat up crooks every night. A guy that paints himself like a clown and openly commits a massive crime spree isn't all that "realistic" either. Or the guy that wears a Scarecrow mask, or a guy who's remotely functional with half of his face burned down to the bone. Not to mention the modern day ninja doomsday cult. I mean, you hear about those in the news all the time, right?

Basically, the only Bat villains that are "too unrealistic" for the already established atmosphere of Nolan's Bat-Verse are those with blatantly inhuman deformities (though again, take one look at Two-Face) or superhuman abilities, and a good three-quarters of those could probably be reworked into "non-Superhuman" versions (or based off of incarnations that didn't have any powers, like the original Clayface for example) pretty easily.

So Man-Bat would become like a guy who wears bat armor and can fly like a bat. Clayface would be a guy who is just good at disguising himself as other people? Actually the old horror movie Clayface is not a bad idea at all. But I have no idea how Mr. Freeze could be reworked he is kind lives and dies by shooting ice.

So Man-Bat would become like a guy who wears bat armor and can fly like a bat. Clayface would be a guy who is just good at disguising himself as other people? Actually the old horror movie Clayface is not a bad idea at all. But I have no idea how Mr. Freeze could be reworked he is kind lives and dies by shooting ice.

Of course you pick the most extreme examples. Man-Bat in particular I would say is one of the few that would be nigh-impossible to do in Nolan's Bat-verse, along with the shapeshifter Clayface (but you already answered that with the non-powered "classic" version), and Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy would be difficult to rework in forms that remain recognizable enough to still be called by those names (though Ivy would probably be a little bit easier). Like I said, plenty of them would have to be changed/altered, but most of Batmans' rogues' gallery isn't any more inherently unrealistic than the Batman, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul (and his ninja doomsday cult) or Joker that we've already seen in the films. Some of them obviously work easier than others, too (particularly the crimelord-based characters), but that doesn't rule out the other possibilities out of hand.

Of course you pick the most extreme examples. Man-Bat in particular I would say is one of the few that would be nigh-impossible to do in Nolan's Bat-verse, along with the shapeshifter Clayface (but you already answered that with the non-powered "classic" version), and Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy would be difficult to rework in forms that remain recognizable enough to still be called by those names (though Ivy would probably be a little bit easier). Like I said, plenty of them would have to be changed/altered, but most of Batmans' rogues' gallery isn't any more inherently unrealistic than the Batman, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul (and his ninja doomsday cult) or Joker that we've already seen in the films. Some of them obviously work easier than others, too (particularly the crimelord-based characters), but that doesn't rule out the other possibilities out of hand.

Hahah just trying to help jk. Well actually a lot of the crime lords and in fact tons we haven't seen in movies would work. Batman has plenty of shadowy hitman and just down right murderer characters that would work fine without having to alter much if any of the backstories. We just tend to remember the more outlandish characters but check out his extended rogues gallery and there is plenty to choose.

Ok

Your telling me that in the direction this series is going they would allow the likes of Clayface and Mr Freeze in?

I could see Bane and Killer Croc...being that he is a circus freak

But Clayface is a shapeshifter and Frees with a cold gun

I could see this if Batman wasn't in the realistic place the producers have him in

Michel Keatons Batman... yeah

Christian Bales ....no

I've changed my mind (woman's perogotive), & my pick for the 3rd movie are Deadshot & Cat Woman.

I'm thinking the new crime boss hires Deadshot to kill the bat once & for all (kinda like the short n Gothem Knights). I want this man to grip Gothem in absolute fear with sniper killings. I want it to be a warm fall day as the new school year is starting. The bell has rung & Gothem elementry has just setteled down for the 1st day of class.

Ms. (fill in the blank) turns to the black board to write the days lesson on it (the camera is position at waist level as she turns). Just then a loud pop. Ms. (fill in the blank) drop to her knees totaly headless! what use to her head is spread accross the black board.

before grade 5 can even take a breath to scream, a large package is thrown throught the window, it lands on the desk of a lil girl who's eyes are filling with water.

BOOM!!!!!!!! & just that fast, there's not enough flesh left to do a DNA test.

As for Cat Woman, she's still the self serving thing she's always been. The Bat is a MAJOR PAIN in her ass but she has made it her business to steal the crime bosses money & drop both his & Dead Shot's heads off at the Gothem Zoo's Lion pit.

MEOW!!!

i could see mr freeze as a guy who deals with dry ice or the stuff they use to freeze people today (cryogenics). and i like the idea of clay face and as master of disguise. kinda like the guy from smokein aces if you have ever seen it. killer croc could be a guy who is into gnetic stuff and shoots himself with a toxin and maybe files his teeth to points. there is a desise where it looks like scales on the skin today in the real world. man bat coule be like bizzaro to superman. there are ways to make the changes and to comment on real world villians. were not litterly sayin its a real world but real word possable. i could see a guy doing what bruce/batman does in the real world. along with a real joker. yes it is a fantisy world but the possabilty is there and thats what people mean by realistic i think. and to supreamqueen you have a bit of a drak side dont you lolol....

My money is on Mr. Freez & Cat Woman. sorry guys I don't realy pay enough attention to hot babes to be able to say who I want for Cat Woman, just not Anjolina Jolie. she's to old IMO.

I don't think Catwoman works for the overall dynamic. The series has been about saving Gotham and Catwoman is more in for herself and not for the overall welfare of the city. Also I think Freeze would be too hard to not make campy. I have a feeling it will be someone we haven't seen in a Batman movie before, I think Nolan taking a character we don't have much if any preconceived notions about and taking it and just doing something amazing with it would make for a fitting finale to series..

I hope we get the Catwoman, but I hope she doesn't die... because then it would give BAtman an dher a chance at love. I think they illed Rachel to open up for this.

Ok

Your telling me that in the direction this series is going they would allow the likes of Clayface and Mr Freeze in?

I could see this if Batman wasn't in the realistic place the producers have him in

Christian Bales ....no

Re-read that bolded portion in my original quote again.

I said the blatantly superhuman/inhuman ones are the only ones that wouldn't work (which to my mind basically equates to Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Clayface II as well as a few more obscure villains), but many of those have "human" incarnations (Clayface I) or could be reworked into "non-superhuman" versions that are still recognizable (Poison Ivy, possibly). The basic point I was trying to make was that MOST of Batman's rogues are perfectly workable in Nolan's Bat-verse, especially since the genuinely inhuman/superhuman ones are actually a minority of his overall rogues' gallery...it just so happens that some of them are among his better-known villains thanks to the various animated series, et al....

Another way to put it would be that many of them wouldn't require much more "reimagining" than Ledger's Joker or Eckhart's Two-Face or particularly Neeson's Ra's al Ghul to be perfectly acceptable within the level of "realism" (which I re-iterate isn't nearly as "realistic" as some people make it out to be) that Nolan's Bat-verse enjoys.

Personally, I think you could have a bald, intellectual mob hitman nicknamed "Mr. Freeze." But that'd be a more drastic re-imagining than I'd prefer.

I also think Deathstroke/Slade Wilson is a possible contender for a shot in a Bat-Movie. Instead of making him superhuman they could really just tweak him to be a dark reflection of Batman: A guy that's just as skilled (or even more skilled) a fighter with the resources, gadgetry, and tactical genius that makes him a match for Bruce on seemingly every level. But that's likely just my personal preference that the next main villain be someone more "orderly/sane" than the Joker, to provide a contrast and to show that Gotham really has the full gamut of villainy running amok within it.

That, and Slade is probably wrapped up in the licensing rights to "Teen Titans." Though I know there was originally a plan to have Deathstroke appear in the Dark Knight videogame that mysteriously never materialized. Supposedly there is/was going to be an action figure version in the 5" movie line, too.

Ok

Christian Bales ....no

I said the blatantly superhuman/inhuman ones are the only ones that wouldn't work (which to my mind basically equates to Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Clayface II as well as a few more obscure villains), but many of those have "human" incarnations (Clayface I) or could be reworked into "non-superhuman" versions that are still recognizable (Poison Ivy, possibly). The basic point I was trying to make was that MOST of Batman's rogues are perfectly workable in Nolan's Bat-verse, especially since the genuinely inhuman/superhuman ones are actually a minority of his overall rogues' gallery...it just so happens that some of them are among his better-known villains thanks to the various animated series, et al....

Another way to put it would be that many of them wouldn't require much more "reimagining" than Ledger's Joker or Eckhart's Two-Face or particularly Neeson's Ra's al Ghul to be perfectly acceptable within the level of "realism" (which I re-iterate isn't nearly as "realistic" as some people make it out to be) that Nolan's Bat-verse enjoys.

Personally, I think you could have a bald, intellectual mob hitman nicknamed "Mr. Freeze." But that'd be a more drastic re-imagining than I'd prefer.

I also think Deathstroke/Slade Wilson is a possible contender for a shot in a Bat-Movie. Instead of making him superhuman they could really just tweak him to be a dark reflection of Batman: A guy that's just as skilled (or even more skilled) a fighter with the resources, gadgetry, and tactical genius that makes him a match for Bruce on seemingly every level. But that's likely just my personal preference that the next main villain be someone more "orderly/sane" than the Joker, to provide a contrast and to show that Gotham really has the full gamut of villainy running amok within it.

That, and Slade is probably wrapped up in the licensing rights to "Teen Titans." Though I know there was originally a plan to have Deathstroke appear in the Dark Knight videogame that mysteriously never materialized. Supposedly there is/was going to be an action figure version in the 5" movie line, too.

I saw a pic of that a while back, the Slade 5 incher. I didn't know that was supposed to be Slade though people kept saying it was a badly done Two-Face in a mask. I thought it looked like Slade but couldn't figure out why Slade was in TDK. But if he was supposed to be in the video game then that makes sense.

Ok

Christian Bales ....no

I saw a pic of that a while back, the Slade 5 incher. I didn't know that was supposed to be Slade though people kept saying it was a badly done Two-Face in a mask. I thought it looked like Slade but couldn't figure out why Slade was in TDK. But if he was supposed to be in the video game then that makes sense.

Yep, it was Slade/Deathstroke. However I'd definitely hope for a better design if they did decide to use him for a movie...because that figure looked very silly.

I think the Slade was a 5'' and they aren't made to be accurate or decent in the least, they are made to sell to kids.

I dunno, the Batman figs in the line look fairly decent in terms of sculpt. The colors and accessories are ridiculous in most cases, of course, but still...

I just meant that there seemed to be so little imagination or thought put into the Slade design itself. It was like...a dude in black pants and a blue sweatshirt with Slade's mask on, and a sword. From what I remember, anyway. Would've been better off trying to make a "realistic" version of his Teen Titans cartoon incarnation.