The New JLU Releases

Neutron

What's happened to the JLU line??

The Captain Atom and the Galatea (or if you prefer, Power Girl) three pack have been out for a while, but now I'm starting to see them pile up. I also saw the Question three pack and the Fire & Ice set. A couple of thoughts hit me. I haven't seen this talked about anywhere so I don't know if this has been brought up before or not.

1. Captain Atom is UGLY! He's got a giant head with a crude, ugly face. To make things worse, his oversized noggin makes his arms look short and stubby. Instead of being silver, he's a pale blue. I guess this was some sort of well-intentioned but poorly executed attempt to stay true to the JLU cartoon. To top it all off, his chest logo is wrong. It should be a solid red atom. I can't remember if it was left open in the cartoon or not, but it really was the icing on a very ugly figure. I was among the many who've been anticipating this figure but I honestly couldn't bring myself to buy it ...especially since I'd have to drop ten bucks for it, a figure I already have, and the even uglier Supergirl figure that I passed up when she was single-carded.

2. Galatea also has a hideous head. It really looks like a crude custom job. It doesn't have that cute pixie-ish quality of all the previous female figures. It looks almost insectile and from the ones I've seen, they all seem to be poorly painted. You really have to hunt for a Galatea that doesn't have a horribly twisted leg but that's been a negative for this line since Day One and I've long ago have given up that they're ever going to correct this. This is another one that I just couldn't bring myself to drop ten bucks on.

3. The good news here is the Question! He looks very sharp. He fits right in with the rest of the JLU line but has enough detail to distinguish himself as well. They really pulled out all the stops for this one.

I'm seeing these three-packs pile up. As far as the single-cards go, I see, strangely enough, Kilowogs warming the pegs and usually mixed in with fellow peg-warmers, that stagnant Infinite Heroes line. I don't know how well this line is doing. I guess it's not a good sign that it's only available through an exclusive outlet. I do have to admit however that I've been pessimistic about this line from the beginning and I would've bet that each wave would have been the last. I hope we get to see all those figures shown at Toyfair and San Diego, but I don't know if we will. I hate to be pessimistic again but when I look at poor attempts Captain Atom and Galatea, all the desire to keep buying these figures just leaves me.

What I hate is the fact they put the newer figures with the umpteenth milionth version of Bats and Supes or any of the origional 7

It like with Star Wars with Darth Vader

Build a droid

Battle Packs

when I need a figure from the and Vader is included that means more Vaders pile up

I quit collecting the line......but I saw the new 6 pack at target with Forager, Mantis, Darseid, Mr Miracle, and the girl who's name escape me......and I have to say I felt some regret about letting the line go

They also had the new "Neal Adams" single carded Batman and that figure was super cool too......Oh well cuts in figure collecting have to be made...sigh....

I don't know what is going on in the series either, Galatea is crappy all together, everyone I saw of her has a twisted left eye, like she has a wandering eye and her hair is horrible. I haven't found the Question set yet, that is the only one I need.

I have an unjustified problem, I can't help collecting this line but I hope it dies out SOON, so it can take its hold off of me.

as for Infinite Heroes, again poor distribution, why is Target and TRU stocked with multiple cases and each store only gets one and maybe two cases of DCUC??? its the dumbest thing yet.

I heard that Galatea was being re done because it turned out so crappy.

I agree that Captain Atom's head is out of proportion, but remember Shining Knight? It's nothing new lol.

I hope that's true about Galatea. Maybe if she ever gets to be released on a single card...

I never had a problem with Shining Knight. I actually like that figure. When I saw Catain Atom though, I said, "Awww...Not him! Not the Captain!"

I guess I'm the only one that thought there was nothing wrong with Galatea (is'nt this just Power Girl without a cape?).This one and the new Batman were the only new ones I grabbed so far,because I already own all the other single card figures.Has anyone seen a new batman where the yellow was'nt sticking out of the bat-symbol?I could'nt find one and I saw about 20.

My main irritation is getting only 1 new figure in a 3 pack.If they have to pack in 2 old figures,why not at least make it someone who was relatively rare,like Volcana or Obsidian.What the hell do i do with another Superman & Huntress?I've given so many of these doubles to the kids that they have doubles.Pretty soon,I'll have to start giving them away as Halloween treats.I would venture to guess that anyone who has been collecting JL for a few years has at least 5 of the same Batman,Superman & Flash.Mattel did great with "Fire & Ice", "Deadshot & Barda" and the Justice Lords.Hopefully,we can get back to that.

at least they chnged the gl to on with a diffrent head....and they are the straight arm versions....I never understood y they made bats, supes, flash, gl, with articultaed arms and legs but others with none

• 3 weeks later...
I heard that Galatea was being re done because it turned out so crappy.

Unfortunately, this is not true. Check it out here:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/

Scroll down for the "Ask Matty" Q&A segment.

To quote "Matty"... "We do not have plans to re-do her in the future because this would mean taking tooling away from another original head for a different new character. This will be the Galatea for the line."

I thought there were supposed to be quite a few new JLU figures released this fall, but I've only seen these three. What happened to that?

I was looking at that 3 pack today

Doesn't Mettel care that the legs are bent so it lookslike there curved up when it stands straight?

Personally I liked the articulation on Flash, GL, Batman etc and I wish they would have continued it with the entire line. It drastically improves the playability of the figures and makes them better suited for action poses.

As far as selection I'm still annoyed that we've yet to see any more Flash rogues, even after having an entire episode dedicated to them. We need a box set immediately with The Flash(gotta have an easily recognizable character), Weather Wizard (preferably a redesign for the terrible design they stuck him with on the show but it's no biggie if that is it), Captain Boomerang, Trickster, Captain Cold and Mirror Master(or Orion/Batman) if they definitely have to pack in another character to save money and get some use out of the sculpt. If would be amazing if they included the weather wand, some boomerangs, a cold gun and some laser pistols but I wouldn't hold my breath.

To be honest this is really the only thing I'm still waiting for in the line is for them to finish the Rogues.

Also what is the deal with the Power Girl name change? I never quite got that...