DCUC SERIES 4 in stores now !!!!

Shanks

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distribution for this line still sounds like a complete mess. If Wave 4 is trickling out, I'm skeptical about ever seeing Wave 2 again. Thus, my hopes of ever getting a Classic Aquaman are sinking! (Get it? Aquaman? Sinking?) As it stands, my collection is a complete Wave one and fragments of Waves two and three. My Grodd and Grundy look like multiple amputees.

Distribution for this line still sounds like a complete mess. If Wave 4 is trickling out, I'm skeptical about ever seeing Wave 2 again. Thus, my hopes of ever getting a Classic Aquaman are sinking! (Get it? Aquaman? Sinking?) As it stands, my collection is a complete Wave one and fragments of Waves two and three. My Grodd and Grundy look like multiple amputees.

2.5 will be here soon (jason wave)

I stopped at 18 different stores in two days and most of them don't even have pegs for the DCUC figures! I would love to actually buy these figures but I can't buy what no one seams to have!!!

No kidding. I lucked out and found wave 2 by the masses at this grocery store I live by!! But now they are stuck with the same red/blue Supes and Black Manta!! I was hoping they'd be the place to get wave 3, but so far nothing!!! Forget about Target and Wal Mart, only one Wal Mart has a peg for em, and they have wave 1, The 2 Targets I went to, only one had any, and that was a refresh of wave 1!!!! @grumpy@

lartdog your images arent working anymore.. however i saw the first image you uploaded last night but not the close up of batman beyond.. .. rats.

Well I opened my figures with the help of my four year old and together we built Despero. I thought I would share some pictures and some thoughts on the figures!

100_2197.jpg

I can't believe it but Batman Beyond is my favorite. he is so sleek and cool. and his head is awesome. I have never been one for shiny figures but it really really works here.

100_2199.jpg

Ares is my second favorite. I am a huge George Perez fan so I am very happy with this Ares. The costume detail is amazing. Again the head is so cool. Weapons are great but I wish they weren't so rubbery.

100_2200.jpg

I thought Despero would be may favorite and he is great! Love love love the costume detail! One minor thing is his hands aren't very cool if he is not holding something, but I like the way his weapons attach to him.

100_2201.jpg

I think it is really hard to make a good Wonder Woman figure. This is probably the best one I have ever owned. She is pretty and shapely and that goes a long long way. Her weapons are sturdy too!

100_2202.jpg

Captain Atom is plain, but thats how he is. If your a fan you couldn't ask for more he looks great but up against such great competition he is probably the weakest in the wave.

100_2204.jpg

Cyborg is very nice. Again I am a huge Perez fan so I already thought he looked cool from the comics and once again the 4 horsemen knocked it out of the park with costume detail. His attachments are very cool as well. In fact all the accessories in this wave are spot on.

100_2198.jpg

100_2203.jpg

Final note: My plastic on all the figures seems very high quality and my paint apps are all near perfect. 100% thrilled with this wave. I believe this is the best wave to date. :D

This is one line of action figures where even the scalpers are getting scalped! That's why its near impossible to find these in Targets, Walmarts, Kmarts, & TRU or KB. every body wants their slice of the pie. & we'er the ones left paying the price!

Mattel had their excuses during wave1 & maby even wave2. But come on people, WERE UP TO WAVE FREAKIN FOUR!!!!!!!!! Mattel should have long sence work out its bugs. which means this skimmpy disribution is deliberate. They'er getting a kick out of watching us squirm & twist in the wind. Mattel is reveling in delight over holding us by the "short & curlies" making sure they benifit from built up antisapation...................only to let me down.

I hate you butter cup..........i realy do.

i just checked the computer at work (TRU) again today. still no new shipment to the warehouse. I can be patient on this wave though since i pre-ordered a case online.

Where do you work?

I know the Tampa TRU's shut down and the only TRU's that are still open are in Port Richey 019 which I frequent and there is one in Brandon

100_2200.jpg

I thought Despero would be may favorite and he is great! Love love love the costume detail! One minor thing is his hands aren't very cool if he is not holding something, but I like the way his weapons attach to him.

Nice pics, lartdog. I have a request. Can you take a pic of Despero with his harness removed?

Whaaat?????? I have yet to see friggin wave 3, at all!!! Damn!!! I gots to get on this line!!

The main reason that these are hard to find is that people are buying the case except the figure that is packed two figures per case. I am in Tennessee and have seen two cases at my Target of wave 3. I can try to help you out. Are there certain figures that you are looking for?

you know, i found wave 3 except Robin ONCE! i picked up GL and nightwing and left the other 2. i have since been searching for the rest but NOTHING! and that was over a month ago. i mean what happened to wal-mart carrying this line? starting with wave 3?? non of the walmarts have these figures where i live. and neither does target. hell my target doesn't even have the exclusive ML red hulk wave.

sometimes i hate toy collecting.

oh and if anyone has an extra Robin, i don't have much to trade but i will buy it and pay the shipping!

Target & Walmart receive plenty of these figs & other kinds of figs. Its just that they'll never see the light of day. The boxes are immeadiately pulled from the conveyer belts & set aside by Flow emplyees who are on the take.

Scalpers(the realy serious ones) all have the south Jersey area in ther hip pocket. My scalper roomate gets paid by bigger scalpers, $20 per DCU fig & $30 per MMs fig.

its very sad.

Target & Walmart receive plenty of these figs & other kinds of figs. Its just that they'll never see the light of day. The boxes are immeadiately pulled from the conveyer belts & set aside by Flow emplyees who are on the take.

Scalpers(the realy serious ones) all have the south Jersey area in ther hip pocket. My scalper roomate gets paid by bigger scalpers, $20 per DCU fig & $30 per MMs fig.

its very sad.

SQ, I'm sure your roommate has some redeeming qualities, but what I'm about to say next is strictly tongue in cheek.

I think you should walk up behind your roommate and clap one of his ears with a pair of Vise-Grips, twist his head into a lit gas stove burner, crank the heat, and then proceed to break atleast one side of all of his ribs. Then work on his limbs. Snapping elbows are my favorite. ^_^

After you have atleast broken one of his arms, knock him out with a kick to the head.

Now for the messy part. Take what ever steak knives you have handy and [EDITED]

That's what I think ALL scalpers deserve. :)

its very sad.

SQ, I'm sure your roommate has some redeeming qualities, but what I'm about to say next is strictly tongue in cheek.

I think you should walk up behind your roommate and clap one of his ears with a pair of Vise-Grips, twist his head into a lit gas stove burner, crank the heat, and then proceed to break atleast one side of all of his ribs. Then work on his limbs. Snapping elbows are my favorite. ^_^

After you have atleast broken one of his arms, knock him out with a kick to the head.

I'm not sure that's quite brutal enough for those scum bag scalpers.

its very sad.

I'm not sure that's quite brutal enough for those scum bag scalpers.

@loll@ I had to EDIT my statements about how to deal with scum like this. What I originally wrote was way above "brutal enough". :)

Not bad Captin. Keep it up & u'll be a full fleg sick-o like me in no time.

Let's just say my sinerio involves 30ft of black nylon cord, KY jelly, car battery w/jumper cables, & my favorite, vasiline & a curling iron.

only thing I'm undesided on is should I stick it in at full temp or wait till its all the way in & then plug it in. Hmmm.........

Not bad Captin. Keep it up & u'll be a full fleg sick-o like me in no time.

Let's just say my sinerio involves 30ft of black nylon cord, KY jelly, car battery w/jumper cables, & my favorite, vasiline & a curling iron.

only thing I'm undesided on is should I stick it in at full temp or wait till its all the way in & then plug it in. Hmmm.........

I would say that is your decision, because at this point YOU are in command. If you stick it in, then plug it in, you will have to come up with some sadistic speech about why he will never see the light of day. @twisted@

Collecting in Central Ohio is slowing down.

I have been out trying to find figs for people posting on the board and I ain't finding squat. There are a bunch of empty pegs in stores.

The craziest thing is finding the Red Hulk Marvel Legends Series at Target ... To be honest, I am totally not interested ... I am actually getting rid of Marvel Legends Variants on Ebay now to afford my DCUC habit.

To top it off ... POWER IS OUT EVERYWHERE ... Stores have been shut down due to the remnants of Hurricane Ike and winds reached in excess of 75mph. Currently I am without power ... had to drive to my parents house 1 hour away to do laundry.

I will get back out and start hunting as soon as I can. I am keeping an eye out for all waves. If you have made a request and you find it yourself ... please message me and tell me. I don't want to pick up something that noone wants.

Happy hunting ... time to drive back to my powerless house.