Green Lantern: The Motion Picture....at least you HOPE.

Capt.S.G.Wiseman

I have had many visions about Green Lantern Movies. IMO, they can rival any sci-fi series out there, even Star Wars if it was done right.

Geoff Johns had the WORST TASK IMAGINABLE. Resurrecting a hero from a pathetic self-destructing story-line. He did it. Period. ;) Way to go Geoff!!

Now there is a chance to KEEP this DC property in good standing. If the movie was done right.

What would you like to see in a Green Lantern Movie?

...and maybe more importantly, what would you NOT want to see?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, no stupid constructs.

Owning a Green Lantern Ring means having the resources of a STARSHIP, and I'm talking having a whole Star Trek Starship at your command. The ring is capable of responding to anything that you can think of, but it has many moral restriction, which is good.

Personally, I want to see what the ring does in Sinestro's hands on the BIG screen.

1st: The cockiest but most believable Hal they can cast.

2nd: I would just want the right mix of action, imagination, and realistic character development (TDK worthy)

3rd As tempting as it would be, I would stay away from the full blitz Lantern Corp for the 1st offering, maybe just tease and elude to it...

4th: Just 1 freakin' GA cameo :D

Owning a Green Lantern Ring means having the resources of a STARSHIP, and I'm talking having a whole Star Trek Starship at your command. The ring is capable of responding to anything that you can think of, but it has many moral restriction, which is good.

Personally, I want to see what the ring does in Sinestro's hands on the BIG screen.

I think that is something we need to see is the massive power of the ring but again that needs to be careful too, last thing we want is Hal or John or Kyle or whoever they choose to make the movie about to all of the sudden make like a floating Titanic drop on the villain. GL is a hard character to do b/c since the ring is so powerful it could come off cheesy really easy.

I think that is something we need to see is the massive power of the ring but again that needs to be careful too, last thing we want is Hal or John or Kyle or whoever they choose to make the movie about to all of the sudden make like a floating Titanic drop on the villain. GL is a hard character to do b/c since the ring is so powerful it could come off cheesy really easy.

Too cheesy would be catastrophic to this film franchise. The director and the actor MUST make it believable, however in a world with Transformers and Superman, just how far can you push the envelope ? Like I said, this could be better than Star Wars, if done right.

I want something like the Last Starfighter. Only instead of playing a video game Hal Jordan is a fighter pilot who gets picked to be a Lantern instead of a Starfighter and goes into space and fights the baddies as a rookie and has a more experienced mentor, Sinestro. Keep the weird aliens as fellow Lanterns. Skip the ships but have some interesting uses of the power rings. Hal save the day and ends up being the most beloved Lantern and has the respect of the others. Have them fight Manhunters. That way they can just blow thge heck out of thousands of them.

I just wouldn't want it to be stuck on earth the whole movie, it should be epic, based in space, following around not just one green lantern but the whole corps (though focused on just a few).

I just wouldn't want it to be stuck on earth the whole movie, it should be epic, based in space, following around not just one green lantern but the whole corps (though focused on just a few).

I think the Earth would work for the first movie and if the flick does well they could move the sequels into space.

& there it is. The sound of the second "shoe" falling. I was waiting for something like this, with everyone having gone TDK crazy (me included), the public is reaponding to the felt need for more realistic heros.

& the only problem for GL that this new trend in superhero movies is the construct issue. How to demonstrate the truly distructive nature of the ring with out it looking cartoony as hell.

1st i'll say that I mos def want the 1st movie to be earth based, but I do want it demonstrated that the ring has the power to sustaine him in the vaccume of space. 2nd I want the ring to not be so restricktive. what I mean by that is let Jordan (of corse there gonna cast a jordan for the 1st movie), make his own choices. If the ring has all these built in restricktions then ANYONE could be given a ring. there's no need to hunt for that "one special person" with integrity to whield a power so awsome.

& that point brings me to my 3rd item I want addressed in the film. With so much hinging on the resolve of one man who has been given a truly incrediable power (near goodhood if you will), then a realy good sub plot would be the issues Jordan faces coming to trems with his blessing/curse. IMO the man will get a good dose of what the Man of Steel has to struggle with on a day to day basis. I want Jordan to have passion about what he's doing. only with passion & resolve does the ring show the full scope to either kill or save.

& the only problem for GL that this new trend in superhero movies is the construct issue. How to demonstrate the truly distructive nature of the ring with out it looking cartoony as hell.

I always imagined that the energy from the ring would look as cool as a Lightsaber. When people see it, they say "Wow!!" I know Hal Jordan is more to the point, so his energy would be a little more basic than the others.

I know I'm probably a minority when I say this, but I want them to hit this one out of the park from the start. Have him train on Oa. That way people will get a better sense of what the ring IS. Have Sinestro start out being a Lantern that turns rogue, and the rookie Hal Jordan defeats him.

That's what I want to see.

Quote SURPREMEQUEEN - "2nd I want the ring to not be so restricktive. what I mean by that is let Jordan (of corse there gonna cast a jordan for the 1st movie), make his own choices. If the ring has all these built in restricktions then ANYONE could be given a ring. there's no need to hunt for that "one special person" with integrity to whield a power so awsome."

I totally agree with that. How else would Sinestro go from being the greatest of the lanters to the mad dictator of Koragar?

What I don't want: NO GIANT GREEN POWER RING INDUCED FLY SWATTER! Or just weird stuff made with the power ring that is suppose to be taken seriously.

thats what my problem is. all of the stupid crap that they come up with for those rings

What I don't want: NO GIANT GREEN POWER RING INDUCED FLY SWATTER! Or just weird stuff made with the power ring that is suppose to be taken seriously.

thats what my problem is. all of the stupid crap that they come up with for those rings

Yeah like I said this movie could go either way without a decent writer to keep it serious. You have a ring that can make nearly anything last thing we all want to see is old school Animaniac type cartoon stuff where kitchen sinks and anvils fall out of the sky and Hal is zapping dresses on Sinestro

Yeah like I said this movie could go either way without a decent writer to keep it serious. You have a ring that can make nearly anything last thing we all want to see is old school Animaniac type cartoon stuff where kitchen sinks and anvils fall out of the sky and Hal is zapping dresses on Sinestro

@lol@ They might drop an anvil just for some comic relief, but hopefully after a lot of serious action.

......"zapping dresses on Sinestro." @loll@

Capt. if the training is on Oa, then the movie becomes a space flick. & as you said your self, the green energy of the ring is gonna look very simmilar to light sabers. & the movie will then become very SW-ish. The struggel Jordan faces is rooted in the human soul, so it would have more emotional weight if baced on earth.

And whynot?

I have no idea why some of you think like this

What the power ring should have no power eminating from it?

Or will you chase off the people who will see it but the power is invisible becaue you all complain?

Capt. if the training is on Oa, then the movie becomes a space flick. & as you said your self, the green energy of the ring is gonna look very simmilar to light sabers. & the movie will then become very SW-ish. The struggel Jordan faces is rooted in the human soul, so it would have more emotional weight if baced on earth.

I agree with that as well, it's just I'm terribly impatient. @lol@

As a Sci-fi geek, I think he could face those issues battling Sinestro. Hal has been just given the job of guarding Sector 2814, which means he's responsible for more than just Earth. Establishing him exclusively here on Earth first sets up too many roadblocks for me in the future.

For me, it no longer about the Lone Ranger act, as if there are no other heroes around on Earth, especially if they really plan to do a Justice League in the future.

Ok then tell me what should eminate from a ring that takes whatever you think of and makes it a weapon to help you?

Force feilds and strings of light?

Ok then tell me what should eminate from a ring that takes whatever you think of and makes it a weapon to help you?

Force feilds and strings of light?

To tell the truth......Idk. I just would have a hard time accepting a hero using Looney Tune-esque weaponry. The force field isn't bad, creating weapons to use...I'm not sure but I'm not the writer I just don't like the old fly swatter, anvil, and kitchen sink gags used in a serious movie.

Dude its a superhero movie

We have seen shapeshifters ,people who can fly,people who crawl on walls... a dude who flies while on fire, A Rock man and invivible girl who has force feilds mind you...

Hal Jordan has been doing this for years

I even seen Kyle Ranier use a makeshift transformer

Its a popcorn movie layback have fun while watching it its supposed to at least for 2 hours take us away from our regular world lifes

I have a question for those who thing the first GL movie should take place exclusively on Earth.

Who would you have him fight? Bank robbers? Some crime boss? That is really for Green Arrow or Batman. As much as The Dark Knight has given us, all DC superhero movies can not exist in TDK Universe where everything is real and gritty. Sci-fi movies have done very well for decades, and that is the path GL needs to take, not Hal Jordan meets the Godfather.

We have seen shapeshifters ,people who can fly,people who crawl on walls... a dude who flies while on fire, A Rock man and invivible girl who has force feilds mind you...

Its a popcorn movie layback have fun while watching it its supposed to at least for 2 hours take us away from our regular world lifes

no matter what perspective you put it in, giant fly swatters, rolls of tape, or whatever is just dumb. i would think that they could come up with something better than that.

no matter what perspective you put it in, giant fly swatters, rolls of tape, or whatever is just dumb. i would think that they could come up with something better than that.

No its not

...and if this is ever done and there is a GL movie sometime in the future I bet if they used a flyswatter you will all change your tunes

Because CGI can do wonders