Got My Rattler

slewis

This came from UPS today. I ordered on July 21 and while I did get an email about a delay in shipping, it didn't say anything about November like some other guys are saying. It did ship seperately from the Conquest that I ordered, which should be here later this week. I took a few pics, but my battery ran out. I'll try to snap a few more after dinner when I put the stickers on.

rattler001.jpg

rattler003.jpg

rattler004.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild Weasel is a bit of a tight fit in the cockpit, I had to take the front part of the canopy off to get him in, but he does fit. I put an officer in the turret and he sits fine once you get his legs through the hole, though I doubt you could get any of the broader figures to fit in there, such as Snow Serpents or BATS. I'll add some pics later to show you how they fit.

Wild Weasel is a bit of a tight fit in the cockpit, I had to take the front part of the canopy off to get him in, but he does fit. I put an officer in the turret and he sits fine once you get his legs through the hole, though I doubt you could get any of the broader figures to fit in there, such as Snow Serpents or BATS. I'll add some pics later to show you how they fit.

Wow

Cool, can't wait to find one for myself!

Quick question about the landing gear? The original Rattler is notorious for the landing gear breaking off (especially the nose) so has this been retooled slightly, or did they just use a different plastic to accomodate the stresses? Also, does it include the removable and battle damage panels or did they do away with these? Thanks, and your a lucky devil!

Here's some more pics, including a couple of shots of the front landing gear. I never had an original, so I don't know if its a new tooling or just stronger plastic, but it seems pretty sturdy to me.

The damaged panels are included, but I forgot to take pictures of them. They are easy to miss in the box, tucked under the plastic that supports the wings. Keep an eye out!

rattler2021.jpg

rattler2022.jpg

rattler2025.jpg

rattler2019.jpg

rattler2001.jpg

i hated those jvc rattler wheels in the middle!!! they fell out all the time >.< it looks kinda purple-ey in the later pics. is that just the flash doing that or is it more on the purple side? lol and the cockpit and such are the same? they should fit the arah figures in pretty well then?

The landing gear seems pretty sturdy, but it's only been out of the box for 12 hours :P .

Phoenix- Yeah, it does have a bit of a purple tone to it, and arah figs should fit pretty well, though I haven't tried yet.

I got a notice saying they would be delayed as well, but got the shipping notice the next day.

Got mine today as well...

Two rattlers in one box. Two Conquests in individual boxes...

Which leaves me with one question... Ken? Want the extra Rattler and Conquest? (Just want the file cards and Slipstream!)

-Kevin

Got the two I ordered today. Woo Hoo!

I noticed the purple like color too and hoped I wasn't color blind. Wow...never realized how many stickers go on these guys. The ARAH figs fit pretty good, though I wish the turrent seat would swivel with the canopy. Oh well...minor detail considering.

I got a notice saying they would be delayed as well, but got the shipping notice the next day.

Which leaves me with one question... Ken? Want the extra Rattler and Conquest? (Just want the file cards and Slipstream!)

-Kevin

Moi??

I have the Spytroops Conquest, and the Rattler is not one I'm all that interested in...........besides, I've been told by the missus I have to hold off on toys since we are buying a house........I hope.

-Kevin

Moi??

I have the Spytroops Conquest, and the Rattler is not one I'm all that interested in...........besides, I've been told by the missus I have to hold off on toys since we are buying a house........I hope.

No problem! I'll just move on to the next poor sap! :-X (VH!!!!)

-Kevin

I went to 6 Target stores in the last two days and I found zero planes but the employees were friendly enough to look for them for me. One thing that was encouraging was that all the stores had open spaces on their shelves for them!!!