SAVE INDIANA JONES!!! buy pegwarmers for charity

milesflex

Personally, I am sick of reading Hasbro's Indiana Jones Q&A every week. I'm tired of reading the weekly list of things they're not going to produce. Yeah, there are pegwarmers out there. Deal with it, Hasbro. What if they had killed the Star Wars line after the pegwarmers from Episode 1? Take the loss and focus on smaller, collector oriented waves. They were all, for the most part, great figures, and deserved to be made at some point. But not every kid wanted or could afford all 17 basic figures you released on one day.

I am an adult collector and I love the Indiana Jones line. I have every basic and deluxe figure, as well as multiple army builder figures, all the vehicles, and I've even started buying figures for customs. The only reason I don't own the temple playset is because I haven't found it yet.

I want this line to continue. I think it is a great line done in a great scale. It can't go on for as long as Star Wars, and I know that, but there should be at least 2 or 3 more years of new figures. I'm very angry with Hasbro because they said before the figures were released that they planned on doing this line for several years - not just as a movie tie-in. Now, everything they tell us sounds like they have totally given up and written the line off as just a movie tie-in.

If this line is going to be saved, WE, the collectors, will have to save it.

Christmas is coming up. I encourage everyone to start buying pegwarmers (as their budget allows) and donating them to Toys for Tots or some other charity so that we can:

a. clear the shelves of pegwarmers that are killing our line

b. introduce younger fans to a line they may know very little about and make life-long fans out of them, and

c. help someone less fortunate have a great holiday.

I encourage everyone to buy 1 pegwarmer figure a week, 1 every two weeks, once a month, whatever your budget will allow you to do, to donate to charity to help us clear our shelves and make room for Last Crusade and Temple of Doom waves, as well as future waves. Keep your receipts and write them off on your taxes. Help the less fortunate, help Hasbro see there is a demand for these figures, and help yourself keep the line you love going for many years, like it deserves. I know I will be. I started buying extras for charity in May when they came out, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

The only thing we would be saving is the last Raiders wave. Beyond that it sounds like Hasbro has already decided to pull the plug. If they are not even planning to mass produce that last wave I doubt we will see it either.

I think retailers are mostly to blame because of overordering too much of the first few waves.

Even if we wipe out the stock now in stores they will just get more of the same thing again from warehouses.

there's only two figures that are out that I MUST have.

Vogel and Elsa.

there's only three figures announced that I MUST have.

Mola Ram

Short Round

Toht

everything else would be gravy.

I don't yet have Sallah or Marion, I need to grab both of them, as well as a couple Russkies.

so I guess I should be able to pick up a few here and there to do my part.

I certainly don't mind donating a few to charity, but what kid would want "The Monkey Man" over Indy?, or Mutt?

Personally, I am sick of reading Hasbro's Indiana Jones Q&A every week. I'm tired of reading the weekly list of things they're not going to produce. Yeah, there are pegwarmers out there. Deal with it, Hasbro. What if they had killed the Star Wars line after the pegwarmers from Episode 1? Take the loss and focus on smaller, collector oriented waves. They were all, for the most part, great figures, and deserved to be made at some point. But not every kid wanted or could afford all 17 basic figures you released on one day.

I am an adult collector and I love the Indiana Jones line. I have every basic and deluxe figure, as well as multiple army builder figures, all the vehicles, and I've even started buying figures for customs. The only reason I don't own the temple playset is because I haven't found it yet.

I want this line to continue. I think it is a great line done in a great scale. It can't go on for as long as Star Wars, and I know that, but there should be at least 2 or 3 more years of new figures. I'm very angry with Hasbro because they said before the figures were released that they planned on doing this line for several years - not just as a movie tie-in. Now, everything they tell us sounds like they have totally given up and written the line off as just a movie tie-in.

Christmas is coming up. I encourage everyone to start buying pegwarmers (as their budget allows) and donating them to Toys for Tots or some other charity so that we can:

b. introduce younger fans to a line they may know very little about and make life-long fans out of them, and

I encourage everyone to buy 1 pegwarmer figure a week, 1 every two weeks, once a month, whatever your budget will allow you to do, to donate to charity to help us clear our shelves and make room for Last Crusade and Temple of Doom waves, as well as future waves. Keep your receipts and write them off on your taxes. Help the less fortunate, help Hasbro see there is a demand for these figures, and help yourself keep the line you love going for many years, like it deserves. I know I will be. I started buying extras for charity in May when they came out, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

You have the right idea but its a little late

I think that is a wonderful idea! I think the less fortunate children out there would love and adore some of these action figures. On a more positive note, look at it from this perspective these Indiana Jones figures will probably become rare and more collectable in the near future after Hasbro has cancelled the line.

I do this, but the fact that charity shops have stopped take stuff without reciepts and the fact they NEVER have the toy donation bins in any stores. It sucks. I'd love to do it...I really would.

Maybe it'd help the indy solution in the long run, but then again....it might not help here, cause there's barely any Indy here in stores

I went to the local Wal-Mart last night and at least 75% of what they had were the two versions of Mutt and the Cairo, Idol, RPG, and Crystal Skull versions of Indy. Kids would love those figures and it would make some room for Last Crusade and Temple of Doom figures. You couldn't find a Ugha, Cemetery Warrior, Russian Soldier, Monkey Man, Sallah, or even Marion around here to donate to save your life because Indy and Mutt are choking the shelves.

If all we saved was the next Raiders wave, I could live with that. People want LC, TOD, and the next Raiders wave. If Hasbro could see how well they would sell, maybe they would keep the line going. Take it one wave at a time from there. They need to get to the point where they can start doing repaints whenever possible so they can start making some money back on all the molds they've had to create from scratch. The German Uniform Indy from the next Raiders wave is a good example of that. I'd love the leader of the tomb raiders from Last Crusade (an easy Indy retool with a new head), some more German and Russian soldiers, and a black uniform Vogel. That would be easy money for Hasbro. They need to reuse that body from the SDCC Cobra Commander / Toht to make a bunch of suited versions of different characters, especially Marcus Brody.

Wal-Mart here had also dropped the price of basic Indy figures to $5.44. It didn't look like they were clearancing them out, but I don't know if that's a good thing for the line overall or not.

I'm satisfied with what we've gotten out of the Indy line, which is all the main characters from all four movies. Think about it, how much longer can the line really go on, after the Temple of Doom wave hits, there really is only a small amount of characters they could make. We definitely do not need 20 different versions of Indy. If the line has to end, let it end on a good run, too much b*tching here about the Indy line since it came out.

I absolutely love this post. I also think it is not only fantastic that you are trying to help out less fortunate kids, but also that your passion for this toy line is apparent. I for one share your exact same sentiments.

I can't even being to explain how much I love this action figure line. These movies were so very special to me growing up and have always wanted and dreamt of being able to get some decent toys out of these movies. Hasbro has delivered....but not to the full potential.

I agree we can't have wave upon WAVE of figures. I agree kids wouldn't probably want to buy 'Underwater Scuba Gear Jet Pack Indy' or 'Time Travel Missle Gear Sapito'. But there is just a huge list of other figures, vehicles and playsets that should be on the shelves.

I myself have literally spent way over a thousand dollars on these figures. Buying multiple of theses figures deluxe figures and vehicles.

The Hasbro Q&A is really becoming annoying because yeah....they have literally been saying in not so many words that the line is dead. Which is really depressing.

Now over at cooltoyreview.com message boards there is some neat debate of this line and how Hasbro bunked the line with their crappy case assortements...or if it really is dying because no one wants to buy them? I personally would hope it was Hasbros fault and maybe they'll see how passionate fans are and try their best to rectify the problem.

.....however like in this thread http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?...3396957#3396925 I think it is all about $$$ in the end.

:( This line was amazing, and don't get me wrong I am extremely happy with what we've gotten...my eyes jumped out of my head and my heart beat so fast the day I walked into Toys R Us at the beginning of May and saw that wonderful display of Indiana Jones action figures, deluxe figures vehicles and accessories. It was a magic moment for me that no one can ever take away from me. :)

Maybe it IS time to just take what you can get, and (silly) walk away.

conneryfunnywalk.gif

That was so wrong. @loll@

yeah, but I'm glad I made it.

everybody seems to like it! :D

and for the record, I bought two Russian Soldiers today, because my local TRU has the IJ figures for a pretty decent price (I got 'em to pricematch Wal-Mart).

$5.44, I believe.

so, that's two pegwarmers off the shelves.

I usually don't buy more than two fo any given army builder (the Germans are no exception, though I did buy one twopack, and two singles).

I bought only acouple at Wal-Mart today for 5.44 but I'm not really going to pay anymore for the Cystal Skull waves they are just overprice for the quality to me. Is it hopeless to catch the Temple of Doom or Last Crusade ones now??? With every retailer I go to overstock with these and no sales in site I don't see much hope for the other waves. :(

I’m sure everyone out there is doing what they can to support this line, but can I make a plea to all Indiana Jones collectors?

Please buy as many figures as you can. You could always keep some figures mint to sell at a profit in the future. There are a lot of army-builder figures in the line. I’m sure it would help if everyone buys multiple sets of these. For example, I initially bought five each of the German Soldiers, Ugha Warriors and Russian Soldiers, but because of this problem with sales I’ve now got ten of each. If I ever find the Temple of Doom figures I’m going to buy at least ten Thuggees.

If we buy a lot of figures now Hasbro get decent sales and we still have time to send off for the Crystal Skeleton figures (I’m up to five so far). I really want this line to continue, so please do what you can to support it.

I went to Wal-Mart this morning and all they had was Mutt and Indy overflowing from the pegs. 4 pegs packed as full as they could be and a few laying on the shelf under them.

This is why the line is dying. I can't support it any longer if that is all there is in the stores to buy. There is no way they will get restocked with all that sitting there and nowhere to put new product.

The case assortments were crap and stores restocked the first couple of waves too many times.

I bought only acouple at Wal-Mart today for 5.44 but I'm not really going to pay anymore for the Cystal Skull waves they are just overprice for the quality to me. Is it hopeless to catch the Temple of Doom or Last Crusade ones now??? With every retailer I go to overstock with these and no sales in site I don't see much hope for the other waves. :(

there are still a few Connerys and Rivers at my local WM.

I went to Wal-Mart this morning and all they had was Mutt and Indy overflowing from the pegs. 4 pegs packed as full as they could be and a few laying on the shelf under them.

This is why the line is dying. I can't support it any longer if that is all there is in the stores to buy. There is no way they will get restocked with all that sitting there and nowhere to put new product.

The case assortments were crap and stores restocked the first couple of waves too many times.

You're right in everything you say, but I'm just trying to do everything I can. I can't believe we're going to let the line die.

Can't you buy figures online? Hasbro's online store has the Akator playset. Amazon has almost everything you could want. So does Toys R Us.

People are saying the line is already dead, but it sounds to me that the next few months are critical. Hasbro are hoping sales will pick up with the DVD release and Christmas. Collectors can help by buying army-builders or extra figures for customizing.

People are saying the line is already dead, but it sounds to me that the next few months are critical. Hasbro are hoping sales will pick up with the DVD release and Christmas. Collectors can help by buying army-builders or extra figures for customizing.

There aren't enough of "us" to save this line. That's kind of the whole point. It's also hard to buy more army-builders when the only figures on pegs are Mutt Williams', and it doesn't help to buy extra figures for customizers if you're not a customizer (or you want to customize something other than teenage boys in T-shirts).

Your idea is a decent one, but it's far too little, far too late, and assumes that there's a large enough "collector base" for the Indiana Jones line to keep it alive...something Hasbro has flat-out stated isn't the case (Just look at the activity of sites and boards dedicated to the line, and compare them to more successful lines and you'll see what I mean). Unless there's a mad rush that completely clears the pegs of these figures around the DVD release (unlikely, as they couldn't even clear the pegs for the movie release), this line is dead, dead, deadski.

It's a shame, really. I really wanted a toy of that flying wing.

You're right in everything you say, but I'm just trying to do everything I can. I can't believe we're going to let the line die.

Can't you buy figures online? Hasbro's online store has the Akator playset. Amazon has almost everything you could want. So does Toys R Us.

I don't think any of us are to blame for the line ending. The blame lies with Hasbro and the retailers. Hasbro made some cools tuff and we baught what we wanted. We wanted more but Hasbro made crappy case ratios and retailers restocked what we did not want.

We did what we could. This line failed because of the same reasone the 2002 MOTU line failed. Too many Mutts and Indys just like MOTU had too many He-Man and Skeletors.

We can buy all we want from Amazon and other online stores but Hasbro is only going to pay attention to the retail stores sales. If Wal-Mart and Target can't sell them then they are considered a failure.

There is no way the DVD will save the toys either. The DVD will not generate more interest than the actual film did when first released in the theatre. If we are lucky we would see 1/5 of the figures sell that are already sitting in stores. That might help finding the Temple Of Doom wave but beyond that it will not help anything.

Hasbro already does not have plans beyond the second Raiders wave. If there was the slightest chance of the line continuing past that Hasbro would need to be planning something now. Even if by some miracle Hasbro decided to continue we would not see anything newer until late next year.

It's noble of you to care about the line this much and want to help is but I'm afraid it is too late.

Okay, I guess you're right. I don't mean to blame anyone for the line ending, it's just a hell of a shame that's all. I badly wanted Indiana Jones toys when I was a kid and to finally get them in 2008 was like a minor miracle to me. To see them dead within six months is really depressing.

I don't know much about how the toy industry works, but I do accept that the line couldn't last forever.

Even so, I've been buying as many as I can (and they're twice the price here in England) in the hope of supprting the line.

Hasbro have said that the Wave 2 Raiders figures are dependant on sales picking up. I at least want to be able to get these figures because an Indy line without the German Mechanic and Toht is just wrong.

Technically it isn't too late. If one of us buys say 2 or 3 troop builders per day, then multiply that by everyone else doing it. It would be enough to save the line, but it all depends on how much effort some collectors are willing to put in to it.

I'm all for saving the line

Is there some reason you don't understand that it's not the figures people are buying that are the problem? It's not Russian and German soldiers that are hanging off the pegs. It's Monkey Man and Mutt Williams figures...neither of which are troop builders.

Not to mention, it's a pretty rare individual that can afford to consistently drop $150+ on action figures every week. Which is about what it'd cost to buy 3 Indiana Jones figures per day every week.