Who would win in a fight He-Man or Captain Marvel aka Shazam?

Superpowers1980

Not sure where the idea came from, but He-Man doesn't lose his power if he loses his sword. There have been times when he's He-Man and has become separated from his sword but remained He-Man.

In the original mini-comics, he was always He-Man, but it was the armor, weapons, and clothing that upped his level to The Most Powerful Man In The Universe. Speaking of that, the key word is "powerful" in that sentence. It's not strongest man; he's not that limited. There's almost nothing he can't do.

such as?

Whatever the situation has called for. Moving mountains, creating tornadoes, making a clever remark to make evil-doers feel bad about themselves.

Tell his parents about his double life in a furry bikini and leather belts.

You mean like this?

kvjoiern.jpg

And I won't be eating dinner tonight.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

all captain marvel has to do is pretend that he is defeated and wait for he-man to look at the camera and tell all the little kiddies what the moral to his violent attack was, then the captain of marvel can shazam a lightning bolt up he-mans he-hole. killing him instantly...much blood in your saturday morning cereal.

Shazam01.jpg

gay-heman.jpg

He-Man is the strongest man in his universe. But Captain Marvel? He doesn't even need to be clever with his lightning anymore. He doesn't need to A) say the magic word out loud or B) aim for himself and doge. The mightiest mortal can effectively rain lighting on the Eternian champion in silence.

He-Man is the strongest man in his universe. But Captain Marvel? He doesn't even need to be clever with his lightning anymore. He doesn't need to A) say the magic word out loud or B) aim for himself and doge. The mightiest mortal can effectively rain lighting on the Eternian champion in silence.

Who says lightning can even hurt He-Man? When he turns into He-Man, there are some pretty impressive bolts of lightning that come down from above. And I'm sure he's channeled it through his sword before as a defense tactic, so if that's all Captain Marvel's got, maybe he's not as tough as he's being made out to be.

Hadn't thought of that. I still give Captain Marvel the "weakness analysis" bonus. He has a complete knowledge of magic. That means if He-Man has a weakness, the Big Red Cheese knows it.

We also need to factor in how many people are sharing the power of Shazam. He splits it evenly with his family.

Hadn't thought of that. I still give Captain Marvel the "weakness analysis" bonus. He has a complete knowledge of magic. That means if He-Man has a weakness, the Big Red Cheese knows it.

We also need to factor in how many people are sharing the power of Shazam. He splits it evenly with his family.

realy. has all this been covered in comics, or mabe one of thoes "Offical DC Captain Marvel" hard cover books?

Even if He-Man has a strength advantage, I don't think it'd be by much. Captain Marvel has much more going for him than his strength. He's got the power of gods at his disposal, and his speed alone would leave He-Man a beaten-down, quivering mess. He's not landing a punch against someone using the speed of Mercury.

Not sure where the idea came from, but He-Man doesn't lose his power if he loses his sword. There have been times when he's He-Man and has become separated from his sword but remained He-Man.

In the original mini-comics, he was always He-Man, but it was the armor, weapons, and clothing that upped his level to The Most Powerful Man In The Universe. Speaking of that, the key word is "powerful" in that sentence. It's not strongest man; he's not that limited. There's almost nothing he can't do.

such as?

You mean like this?

kvjoiern.jpg

OH MY GOD THAT'S SOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!! @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

This is a fun topic, everyone's comments have been halarious!

realy. has all this been covered in comics, or mabe one of thoes "Offical DC Captain Marvel" hard cover books?

Well, the thin about splitting his power with his family has been true since the Ordway series "Power of Shazam!," so it's probably in the DC Universe Encyclopedia. The rest are his new powers since "Trials of Shazam!" It may not be in an encyclopedia, but that's just because the encyclopedias are out of date.

I also think this thread is fun. I can't believe, as a fan of both characters, this match-up never occurred to me.