Who would win in a fight He-Man or Captain Marvel aka Shazam?

Superpowers1980

I am very

I am very excited about the new Masters of the Universe line and that it is very close to the DC Universe line. I always liked the debate about He-Man versus Superman but I decided to do a little different. Can the most powerful man in the universe beat the mightiest mortal? I have my pick for different reasons but I am curious who fans think would win.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how I missed this when it was 1st posted. Any way my vote I for Captain Marvel! & here is why.

Now I don't read He-Man comics & have not check out any of his new toons. I only know the chacter from the 80ies toon, & let's face it, yes dude was strong as hell but no where near Capt. Marvel's level. Here my lil fighting seniero.

Both are going at it, but He-Man can't match the Capt's mite. In a last ditch effort to beat the Capt. He-Man snatches up Mavel in a few IFL wersteling moves. & like so many times in IFL both of them end up in the missionary postion (is it any wonder why I love this sport). Any way He-man is on top in the missionary & is chokeing the sh*t out of Marvel or at least he thinks he is.

Just then The Capt. is able to wisper one word...................shazam.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Orco the floating elf is left mopping up Prince Adam's remains for the next 3 days. end of story.

Well they would be fighting and fighting and then all of a sudden when He-man has the upper hand Iron Man flies in and just repulsor blasts the hell out of both of them. Shooting the sword away from Adam reverting him to a mere prince and Batson can't sustain his power anymore leaving Stark as the ultimate victor having murdered two humans. Long live alcoholic rich men everywhere!

He-Man for me. He's the strongest in the Universe. Captain Marvel is just Earth's Mightiest Mortal, not the universe's.

So. women are crowned Miss America or Miss Universe with the presumption that they are the most beautiful in either America or the Universe, but we never get to see every woman in America or the Universe.

So He-man's title is IMO nothing more than a self appointed glorified bar bells for brains sword swinging n00b. hehe. I mean come on the Capt can fly, while He-man rideing his kitty.LOL

Didn't Superman beat the Captain in Kingdom Come by just covering his mouth? In that case-- Orko could beat him! @loll@

There is nothing "self-proclaimed" about the Champion of Eternia. The upper limits of his power have never been quantified, for Grayskull is always there to insure that He-man is as powerful as he needs to be! Besides, Adam is a brave and clever warrior, a true son of Randor. If He-man can prove a match for Superman and still has his wits about him, I doubt the Captain will have much to grin about.

well honey y'all talkin about Grayskull this & son of that. I'm not gonna stand here & pretend to be a wiz on MOU mythos but I do remember He-man was no where near Capt's level of power.

& no it was not as simply as covering Capt's mouth to beat him. He-man would 1st have to know about Captain Marvel's magic word. & 2nd He-man would have to over power him so the bolt of magic lighting hit him & not He-man. & let's face it Mr. fury speedo just aint got the chops to man handel the Captain.

Matter of fact all Capt. has to do is b*tch slap that tin foil sword out of that WWE wanna be's hands & it's a all over for the prince. You know the wors SHAZAM does stand for the kind of power he has. The "M" alone in it gives the Capt the speed of Mercury. That's right hot shot, not even that leather holster wareing knock off of a "S&M" fetish can cope with the speed of the gods.

So while he's holding that silly ass sword & waiting for it to give him his so called "powers" & let's not forget turn "Tony the Tiger" in to "battle catt" (that is if the poor thing doesn't wet him self & have a fatel M.I.), Captain Marvel will have snatched up the prince by his (shall we say "albert") & chuck him all the way back to that magic play house of his, so the bird witch can fix him up like new.

LMAO!

I knew there was a reason I like the DC board much more than the Marvel board and its these kind of discussions RIGHT HERE!

Now really it depends on if either characters discover each others weaknesses. If Shazam figures out the sword is source of Adam's power then its all over for He-man but if He-man figures out the word and the lightening bolt then its over for Captain Marvel. So it depends on who figures the weakness out first. But we also know that both characters only have so much power before they are forced to change back. So who wins depends on a few factors. But I think the more interesting fight would be 2002 Prince Adam versus Billy Batson.

I can't believe this one came back, I was so dissapointed he got no attention when I posted it..lol

I believe Captain Marvel can take He-Man, based on the diversity of his powers alone.

H - for the strength of Hercules, he is as strong as Superman, (though Superman is way stronger thatn Hercules, it is through the power of Zeus that he reaches Superman level strength)

Z - for the power of Zeus, that alone is more powerful than the power of Greyskull

M - for the speed of Mercury, he is as fast as the Flash

He-Man would prove difficult when the match first started, but eventually Marvel would win,...I think

Sorry fellas I'm going with He-Man on this one.....First off people seem to forget in an episode of She-Ra He-Man did a Tug of war with Horde Primes Flag ship in space from the ground on Etheria and was winning on his own. Greyskull was more than mortal which is often overlooked as his spitir filled the elders upon his passing.Don't get me wrong I love Capt Marvel but he is a distant second to He-Man whom if you recalled did a pretty good job matching power with Superman in "From Eternia with Death" Granted it was a bad early 80's comic but still....But my match would have to be King Hulk/He-Man!!!

Look, I know that all these chacters go thru all kinds of incarnations over the decades. But both Superman & Captain Marvel have been bench pressing mountains WAY LONGER than Adam. & all of you who are pro He-man in this dissicussion must admit, that He-man's powers were greatly over hauled & re-vamped to step him up to match the power of the DC gods or even the Son Of Krypton him self.

All I know is when I last watched He-man in the 80ies (& for me that's what defines He-man), all dude was strong enough to do was chuck some big ass boulders, & maby smash up Skelitors lates weapon of doom. & as its already been establised Captain Marvel has WAY MORE POWERS than that mussel bound "Chipin Dale"!

I knew there was a reason I like the DC board much more than the Marvel board and its these kind of discussions RIGHT HERE!

Now really it depends on if either characters discover each others weaknesses. If Shazam figures out the sword is source of Adam's power then its all over for He-man but if He-man figures out the word and the lightening bolt then its over for Captain Marvel. So it depends on who figures the weakness out first. But we also know that both characters only have so much power before they are forced to change back. So who wins depends on a few factors. But I think the more interesting fight would be 2002 Prince Adam versus Billy Batson.

There is no doubt in my mind that Captain Marvel would discover He-man's power weakness 1st. Think about it for a second & see the logic. If a person is chargeing at you with a sword, would not logic & common sence tell you to disarm the attacker!

Also there no way in hell for He-man to learn Capt. weakness (at least not while lock to gether in the heat of battle). The word SHAZAM is a secreat word that Capt/Billy speak only when he's total alone. Matter of fact while I'm on this point let me address nonsence about calling him Shazam! There is no way in hell he could speak this "so called name" & not switch back & forth from Billy to Capt. Marvel. picture it: "hello I'm Shazam (BOOM!!!) *speaks in high pitched undesended testi voice* oops, I mean I'm Billy, that other guy is my friend shazam (BOOM!!!!).

get my point yet. Don't aske me how or why, but some where along the way people started calling him Shazam & it just kinda stuck. Any way Capt still can mop the floor with his Royal "Hind-ass". LOL

There is no doubt in my mind that Captain Marvel would discover He-man's power weakness 1st. Think about it for a second & see the logic. If a person is chargeing at you with a sword, would not logic & common sence tell you to disarm the attacker!

Also there no way in hell for He-man to learn Capt. weakness (at least not while lock to gether in the heat of battle). The word SHAZAM is a secreat word that Capt/Billy speak only when he's total alone. Matter of fact while I'm on this point let me address nonsence about calling him Shazam! There is no way in hell he could speak this "so called name" & not switch back & forth from Billy to Capt. Marvel. picture it: "hello I'm Shazam (BOOM!!!) *speaks in high pitched undesended testi voice* oops, I mean I'm Billy, that other guy is my friend shazam (BOOM!!!!).

get my point yet. Don't aske me how or why, but some where along the way people started calling him Shazam & it just kinda stuck. Any way Capt still can mop the floor with his Royal "Hind-ass". LOL

He started being called Shazam b/c of the Marvel Captain Marvel, the Mavelman (Miracleman) and several other comic book characters that also have the word Marvel in there name. I know his name is Captain Marvel but also to me its also like calling Superman Clark or Kal-El or Man of Steel or Last Son of Krypton. I know Captain Marvel would never identify himself as Shazam but I use it interchangeably for the character since its the name of the comic book. Besides Shazam is the only name he has that is 100% different from other characters, if you say Marvel you could be talking about DC or Marvel's character or the entire company of Marvel. Also if you refer to him as Cap or Capt. you could be referring to Captain America. You say Captain Marvel and people might ask which one, you say Shazam they know who you are talking about even if its not his name.

Just then The Capt. is able to wisper one word...................shazam.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Orco the floating elf is left mopping up Prince Adam's remains for the next 3 days. end of story.

I never bought this use of Captain Marvel's magic lightning as an offensive power. I think this is just some sort of fan boy fantasy Alex Ross dreamed up when he was a kid and because he had the painting skills to sell it, now everybody thinks that this is how the Shazam bolt works. There's just too much history contradicting this. Billy Batson has used his magic work underground, in doors, inside vehicles etc many times and in none of these instances were the roofs of these buildings blown apart.

In fact, there was one story where a villain ...It might've been Sivana... devised a way to deflect the lightning from Billy so that whenever Billy shouted "Shazam" the lighting would swerve away from Billy and strike an innocent bystander turning them into a Captain Marvel! If this is how the lightning works than He-Man in the example above would just gain the strength of Hercules, etc... and a red suit!

Hmmmm,.....I love Heman but I'm going to have to go with Shazam on this one. It would be a great battle royale but Shazam has more powers and he can fly and Heman can't fly. :huh:

he man because people like him better & more :P

Hmmmm,.....I love Heman but I'm going to have to go with Shazam on this one. It would be a great battle royale but Shazam has more powers and he can fly and Heman can't fly. :huh:

he man gets other things to fly for him while shazam tires him self out doing the flying by him self :D:P

Not sure where the idea came from, but He-Man doesn't lose his power if he loses his sword. There have been times when he's He-Man and has become separated from his sword but remained He-Man.

In the original mini-comics, he was always He-Man, but it was the armor, weapons, and clothing that upped his level to The Most Powerful Man In The Universe. Speaking of that, the key word is "powerful" in that sentence. It's not strongest man; he's not that limited. There's almost nothing he can't do.

Not sure where the idea came from, but He-Man doesn't lose his power if he loses his sword. There have been times when he's He-Man and has become separated from his sword but remained He-Man.

In the original mini-comics, he was always He-Man, but it was the armor, weapons, and clothing that upped his level to The Most Powerful Man In The Universe. Speaking of that, the key word is "powerful" in that sentence. It's not strongest man; he's not that limited. There's almost nothing he can't do.

such as?

such as?

Tell his parents about his double life in a furry bikini and leather belts.

such as?

Tell his parents about his double life in a furry bikini and leather belts.

LMAO!