25th Anniversary HEAT-Viper

invisiblewraithbeta

Heatviper.jpg

Heatviper2.jpg

Heatviper3.jpg

Heatviper4.jpg

Heatviper5.jpg

This figure almost didn't happen. Seemed as if everything that could go wrong did. Paint scraped and didn't cover right, elbows gunked up, parts broke... It took me 9 months to finish him.

The HEAT-Viper was always one of my favs, so I knew I had to make him. I found an old HEAT-Viper helmet I made back during the JvC series and decided to make the 25th version of the HV. The hair is actually sculpted onto the head, not just painted on. I know the base color is off, but it is the closest I could mix that would stick to the figure.

I sometimes wonder WHY the HEAT Viper is so loved by someone like myself, who complains at the slightests use of race car yellow, lime or easter egg blue on a figure... and the only answer I can come up with is that I grew up with him as a kinter.

He looks sweet, Wraith - there's no figure out right now that can pull off that puffy, padded look the old HEAT Viper had, but this looks perfect. He looks functional, whereas the old one looks like he might waddle out onto the battlefield, fire a rocket and trot away to safety.

The orange is PERFECT, and considering it's one of those impossible colors it must make you happy to see it came out so nicely. The addition of the pouch to his leg (where the sheath used to be) is an excellent touch.

Amazing work!

Tom

PS - Good job painting the Tele-Viper's teeth. He looks like he's all gums on the regular toy. XD

I like the balance you struck between remaining true to the old figure and updating it. In particular, the gray chin- the exposed chin of the original never made any sense at all to me. I kinda miss the rockets on the legs, even though they were kind of ridiculous.

I never minded the colors of the original, as I figured they were the guys who WANTED you to see them coming so they could fire off a few rockets while their targets were busy soiling themselves... but I have to admit, the more muted tones on this one are very attractive.

Very nice work, it looks great! Also good work on the Tele-Viper.

WOW! You actually gave some credibility to an otherwise gruesome figure from the past! (:) sorry..I hated those things)

If Hasbro was to release these again, in just the same awesome style as you've customized for yourself here, i'd definitely be adding them to my Cobra ranks in my usual army-builder number of at least 6-8.

Looks damn good!

Looks just like a HEAT Viper. I never cared for them either. I never could figure out a reason why they would be carrying a vaccum cleaner around. @smilepunch@

One minor thing is left to fix on the Tele-Viper. Hasbro oversprayed the silver paint from the goggles. @hmmm@

What arms & hands did you use to fix him?

wait i missed that tele viper earlier!!! that is a great job too--the way they should look! actually, he looks too MEAN to be a tele viper lol! awesome job man.

Looks just like a HEAT Viper. I never cared for them either. I never could figure out a reason why they would be carrying a vaccum cleaner around. @smilepunch@

One minor thing is left to fix on the Tele-Viper. Hasbro oversprayed the silver paint from the goggles. @hmmm@

What arms & hands did you use to fix him?

The Tele-Viper arms are modified Duke arms.