DVD Pack #2 (Revenge of Cobra) Error?

firestongue

What is up with the three DVD packs I saw at Walmart tonight with Cobra Commander instead of Lady Jaye? Ive never seen this before, and dont see it online. Is this a triple packing error, or did somebody VERY carefully tamper with these packs?

That was my first thought (that someone replaced LJ) but these dont look tampered with at all. Plus, why would they put a CRIMSON GUARD body with a blue CC Hooded head? I could understand if they put a crappy Duke or CC comic pack figure in, but the body is either crimson CC or a Crimson Guard, and the head on all 3 was hooded Cobra Cmdr.

Very odd. i will work on putting a pic up.

Probably. im going to compare the tape thats on the DVD sets 1 and 2 I have here at the house. once you get past the tape, its probably not that hard to pull off.

Seems like they would have went after the baroness figures in the number 1 pack though.

Here are the pics. Sorry if they are small--Ive been working on them to see if I could get them larger.

Try this slideshow first:

Slideshow of Cobra Commander error?

Comparison of Lady Jaye set vs. CC set:

http://shutter04.pictures.aol.com/data/pic...RhoTIUY0060.jpg

6V4d-%20fVttR1de-iU1G%20YOCm1RhoTIUY0060.jpg

Close up of Cobra Commander:

http://shutter03.pictures.aol.com/data/pic...MUIc70O0060.jpg

1NBycxdzZViXVG-wTycj6exWNMUIc70O0060.jpg

Closeup of CC's File Card inside box:

http://shutter07.pictures.aol.com/data/pic...5HB2gbg0060.jpg

jR7o9czRYGZ4ho%206HxgMmr08B5HB2gbg0060.jpg

another shot of CC's file card:

http://shutter05.pictures.aol.com/data/pic...eJ1uXu60060.jpg

7lxHqM8LGs5b6FRxK3agoe7opeJ1uXu60060.jpg

Showing Cobra Commanders file card AND figure stand:

http://shutter05.pictures.aol.com/data/pic...-6t-98t0060.jpg

jEFQaSaMQXDRnIT3dzoM5Lkeb-6t-98t0060.jpg

I know those pics are jacked up...still working on them.

after comparing this set with the one that has Lady jaye, I am convinced that this was put out by hasbro and was NOT tampered with by some customizer/collector/scoundrel.

For one, the figure actually comes with 2 weapons: a sword with a cobra on the handle, and a pistol in his holster.

2. The tiny, almost invisible rubber bands are in place holding him in

3. The tape on either end does NOT look tampered with, nor is there any indication that this box was tampered with.

4. When looking through the back space where the MASS device piece is, you can see a Cobra Commander figure stand and Cobra Commander filecard. If you look on the original, you can see Roadblock's card and stand.

5. The body for CC appears to be that of Crimson guard v9 (according to Yojoe.com), however v9 has black shoulder pads. The one in this pack has gold, and there is no V on the belt.

6. The back of the box mentions Cobra Commander, so it seems Hasbro may have done a production change. Very very interesting.

If a customizer did this, they are very talented, yet also a bit stupid for including all these goods. I have come across several items that have been tampered with in the GVC line, and I just dont see a scumbag going through the trouble that would have to take place to make this happen.

yeah really gonna need some better pictures to give you my opinion

upload them to photobucket or something similar and then post the .... [ /img] here

yeah those pics were awful, but the slideshow should be better. try that:

Slideshow

upload them to photobucket or something similar and then post the .... [ /img] here

Slideshow

Those are just repacks.

The CC hood, sword & gun is from the Tripwire/CC comic pack. It appears the switcher wanted to make a blue CG(cadet).

Slideshow

Those are just repacks.

The CC hood, sword & gun is from the Tripwire/CC comic pack. It appears the switcher wanted to make a blue CG(cadet).

That adds up...EXCEPT for the clear, tiny rubberbands inside. I just refuse to believe that anybody would go through the trouble of putting those in the pack. It even connects behind the figure the exact same way they do behind the Lady Jaye figure.

Blatant figure swapping. Why are people still amazed when they find this stuff and refuse to believe it's not a rare variant? Get over it. Some figure swapper's are so afraid they will get caught they will do whatever they can do make it look like the figure they switched out is supposed to be there. I suspect that is why this guy also included Cobra Commander's filecard.

Blatant figure swapping. Why are people still amazed when they find this stuff and refuse to believe it's not a rare variant? Get over it. Some figure swapper's are so afraid they will get caught they will do whatever they can do make it look like the figure they switched out is supposed to be there. I suspect that is why this guy also included Cobra Commander's filecard.

Well you guys are probably right. I noticed the tape on the OTHER end of the box seems to have two smaller (narrower) pieces of tape over the original.

BUT, the shoulder pads on CC are gold where every other CG Ive seen have BLACK, and then theres the issue of the rubber bands.

No, this isnt entirely impossible, especially to a customizer, however these shoulder pads have not been tampered with.

Honestly whoever did this is quite stupid--and probably has a bit of OCD--as it is not necessary to go through all that trouble in order to pull this off. With some of the crap I've seen when it comes to swapouts, the Walmart employees do not care enough to inspect these packages that close.

That is why I was so 'amazed'--so many different factors that just didnt add up. To use the body of an army builder when you are trying to build a custom army? just plain dumb.

it is very weird that someone would go through all the trouble to do that but that's what it looks like. just put it up on ebay as a variant and i'm sure it will sell for somewhere around $50-100 @smilepunch@

heh heh. I halfway considered that when I bought it. The fact that there were THREE of these led me to believe that maybe Hasbro either goofed or was doing a production run.

Ill probably just return it to a different walmart & let someone else marvel over it.

BUT, the shoulder pads on CC are gold where every other CG Ive seen have BLACK, and then theres the issue of the rubber bands.

No, this isnt entirely impossible, especially to a customizer, however these shoulder pads have not been tampered with.

Honestly whoever did this is quite stupid--and probably has a bit of OCD--as it is not necessary to go through all that trouble in order to pull this off. With some of the crap I've seen when it comes to swapouts, the Walmart employees do not care enough to inspect these packages that close.

That is why I was so 'amazed'--so many different factors that just didnt add up. To use the body of an army builder when you are trying to build a custom army? just plain dumb.

Actually those shoulder pads are again from the Cobra Commander vs Tripwire comic pack. That Cobra Commander has a blue CG body with gold accents. Those rubber bands are pretty easy to put back too.

Actually those shoulder pads are again from the Cobra Commander vs Tripwire comic pack. That Cobra Commander has a blue CG body with gold accents. Those rubber bands are pretty easy to put back too.

Ah yes, i see that now.

well, its all good. I returned the pack today to walmart, and in doing so found a Sgt Flash and BATS on the pegs!!! Obviously I am quite happy. Ive missed the BAT figure(s) at least 10 times. And I NEVER expected to find Flash (needed him since I didnt start collecting 25th figures until late)

so it looks like this tampered pack will end up with someone else. or back to hasbro?