Target ML wave is out!!!

Draven79

Stopped at two Targets today, one had nothing, and the other had four of the six figures. I grabbed Warlock, Spidey, Wolverine, and Spiral. I searched all over the aisle to see if someone had hidden UJ and Silver Savage, but no luck. Another thing is I noticed that Target raised their price to $14.99! Even the series 3 Danger figure they've had for months was more expensive, I think that's outrageous. I did buy them, but may return them later if they're that expensive. Maybe it was a fluke because I called a few other Target's looking for the rest of the wave and was told that they still sell them for $9.99.

Has anyone else experienced this, paying $14.99 for a basic ML?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone beat me to Spiral (the one I wanted most!) and the black Wolverine variant by mere miniutes. He actually had them in his hands as I walked up. Luckily, He didnt want Adam Warlock so he gave it to me. Union Jack, Wolverine (blue/yellow), and Silver Savage were in the stockroom still. I had them pulled as soon as he left. Sooo... my Red Hulk is headles for now. I havnt seen any more since.

DSC00087-1.jpg

Update: They showed up again at the same Target!! I now have them all, includint the Wolvy variant!

More annoying, the Targets in my area have seemingly just started recently carrying the previous wave. The one with Cap, Bucky, etc. There is, however, a ton of space devoted to Hulk and Iron Man (not to mention the Dark Knight) so if you're into that, come on and buy them out so they can restock!

ALL the Targets here have changed their price for regular Marvel Legends to 14.99!!!!!!!!!

the same old DCPI for Marvel Legends, now rings up 14.99, not the Hulk Legends one, they are different.

What a load of crap. I guess everybody who found the Red Hulk series already are lucky because they got them for 9.99 each... now it will cost 90 bucks to get the dang set!!!!

they started to show up here a couple days ago....and i noticed the ticket price change today at target too

Wow. At $15 each I'm glad I only want two from this wave. Actually at that price I don't think I'll be getting any at all. It's a rip off.

Wow you guys are paying what we use to pay for ML figures now ... welcome to @can@ biat**es! :P LOL Though our prices seems to have doubled as well now ... frankly it looks like I'll be stopping collecting marvel legends figures at this point because its just not worth the price ...

found the entire set at targets yesterday-allen park michigan- excepct for the x-force wolvie and ad them in my hands wheni saw the price- and decided that maybe i should only purchase a few and then pick up the rest as i see them- that alone was hard- so i chose union jack, which is a nice looking figure and it containes the torso- well i kept second guessing myself all the way to the car and decide to go back and grab spiral and wolvie AND THEY WERE ALL GONE!! WTF! i will NEVER NEVER do that again

found the entire set at targets yesterday-allen park michigan- excepct for the x-force wolvie and ad them in my hands wheni saw the price- and decided that maybe i should only purchase a few and then pick up the rest as i see them- that alone was hard- so i chose union jack, which is a nice looking figure and it containes the torso- well i kept second guessing myself all the way to the car and decide to go back and grab spiral and wolvie AND THEY WERE ALL GONE!! WTF! i will NEVER NEVER do that again

passing up on any toy you are even thinking about can b e a bad bad thing :D but thats just crazy!! Just be glad some lucky jerk who beat ya is cursing ya for getting the one lone figure from the set :P

As I posted on the Marvelousnews.com forum this morning I found the Rulk wave a few days ago but was completely outraged by the price. They went from being $9.99 to $14.99, that's a 50% price increase which is crazy expensive. So I had the idea after inspecting the receipt that since Target scans the same SKU you could return any Marvel Legend figure with no problems.

My local Wal Mart has six Blob series Jean Greys on clearance for $5 each so bought those today and returned them to the Target using the Rulk wave receipt. Essentially I paid about $30 for $90 worth of figures. Go me!

Some people may see this as dishonest or immoral, but Target is crazy if they think I'm gonna pay out the wazoo for these figures. I just wanted to pass this along to my fellow collectors out there!

I've seen that idea posted on the fwoosh, lots of people think collectors will get screwed in the long run because target will end up with a bunch of old stock they wont be able to sell, so they wont order more new stuff. I say go for it though, we dont have any targets in Canada, so we get screwed anyway, and the price increase at target just means higher prices on ebay and the like.

So Cal is pretty dry. The scalpers are unbeatable in these parts. Really want this wave though...

Tell me about it. I did manage to find a lone Spidey today at a Target in Seal Beach. It was $14.99, but oh well. The figure is pretty cool.

I thought that most people didn't like Hasbro Marvel Legends (at least that's the impression I get from this board). If so, then why are these figures so hard to find? I'm also having difficulty finding DC Superheroes figures also. Are superhero toys the "in" thing all of a sudden (maybe because of the Batman and Ironman movies)?

PharmV

So Cal is pretty dry. The scalpers are unbeatable in these parts. Really want this wave though...

Tell me about it. I did manage to find a lone Spidey today at a Target in Seal Beach. It was $14.99, but oh well. The figure is pretty cool.

I thought that most people didn't like Hasbro Marvel Legends (at least that's the impression I get from this board). If so, then why are these figures so hard to find? I'm also having difficulty finding DC Superheroes figures also. Are superhero toys the "in" thing all of a sudden (maybe because of the Batman and Ironman movies)?

PharmV

because they are finally starting to get some what decent again compared to the first three or so ish waves... the two packs and this target wave are some of the best hasbro has put out thus far ....

got 2 sets today for 9.99 each fig yay!!!!

rigfht now no, but if you want I can keep an eye out, if you have anythign to trade lmk in a pm