2 unrelated questions

Mr Nobody

Didn't want to start 2 different threads back-to-back so I thought I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Question #1 - Is the 'Turk' circus performer guy from the Red Shadows supposed to Taurus from the Renegades? (I never read those issues so I wouldn't know)

Question #2 - Why isn't there any decent older CORPS stuff showing up anywhere anymore? I don't mean the military weapons and such, but like the construction workers/tools accessories and the WOW girls stuff. I never saw any of this stuff on the pegs back in the day and I've never seen hardly anything on the secondary market either. Anyone have any of this stuff extra or know where I can look?

All responses welcome :)

i loved the corps stuff!! now they all suck!!! i think you can still find the patrol boat and the tank though. they just have those ugly figures with them. They were so cheap too. I'd buy one of those 9 packs of figures every time my mommy took me to the store. and now they're all lost or broken lol

You know... if you have a Big Lots in your town you are ready to roll in Corps whenever Christmas rolls around. You are also bound to find knock offs of old Transformers and some toys that you've never even heard of (yet are still cool). And I just saw some construction worker figures at my Wal Mart.

I am stumped on your Red Shadows question.

I am pretty sure that Red Shadows guy was not Taurus. alot of poeple really liked the Red Shadows and talked about them alot and I do not recall Taurus being brought up. This is the first time I have heard that. I could be wrong though because I do not even remember a Turk circus performer being in the Red Shadows. I remeber the leader, the woman and the big guy.

The Red Shadows member you're thinking of was Artur Kulik, who was Russian and had tattoos all over his face. He bore no resemblance to Taurus, and as a bad guy, he was not meant to evoke anything except being absolutely evil.

The reason, I think, no one puts Corps figures on e-bay and the like is *because* they're bootleg, one-off wannabe Joes. in the 80s, no one collected them. Your mom might've bought you some, thinking it was a cheap alternative. But no one really ever thought "Hey, these'll be worth money!" The fact that most of them were probably bought by low-income families who simply couldn't afford Joes is telling of the condition they would be kept in, or the ease at which they might have been thrown out.

In the late 90s, Joe Collectors like me we fascinated by Lanard's output, and hailed them as the Alterna-Joe of record. Even then, finding older Corps figures on e-bay was rare. They were worth two dollars the store charged, and no more.

Personally, I still have my Construction Worker 10-pack, MOC, because Lanard used to post on the PIT Mailinglist at YoJoe.com, and when their Straight Edge figure showed up looking very much like I did back then... well, you gotta save that for posterity!

Otherwise... honestly, when G.I.Joe came back in 2000 and especially in 2002, Lanard fell out of favor again. They're back to being the red-headed stepchild of 3 3/4" military figures, with Cap-Mei being the ugly cousin you make out with when your 14 because she's got big jugs.

my first gi joe was a night creeper.. the blue and pink one...i still have it actually hes missing a hand, very loose, and missing a a thumb and has clay caked in certain areas :) anyway i loved the little guy and i didn't really even know what it was. Some time in the following years i see these corps figures at the store and holy crap they're awesome!! sure they broke easily and i lost a lot of them but they were awesome! and they were the only 3 3/4" figures i had for a long time. Then I see a cobra commander and chameleon two pack at walmart and it was all downhill from there :D i still bought corps figures though right up until they disappeared and were replaced by the POS ones they have now

Didn't want to start 2 different threads back-to-back so I thought I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Question #1 - Is the 'Turk' circus performer guy from the Red Shadows supposed to Taurus from the Renegades? (I never read those issues so I wouldn't know)

Question #2 - Why isn't there any decent older CORPS stuff showing up anywhere anymore? I don't mean the military weapons and such, but like the construction workers/tools accessories and the WOW girls stuff. I never saw any of this stuff on the pegs back in the day and I've never seen hardly anything on the secondary market either. Anyone have any of this stuff extra or know where I can look?

All responses welcome :)

You want corps?

Try our store, the Collector Toy Dominion

Our E-Mail is ctdominion@hotmail.com

or

sunshinevalley@bellsouth.net

QUOTE (Mr Nobody @ Aug 26 2008, 10:48 PM) *

All responses welcome smile.gif

You want corps?

or

really though how are these guys' posts different from those recent nikes, jordans and w/e from china that get deleted so quickly? he's pretty much using these forums for free advertising.... over and over again

really though how are these guys' posts different from those recent nikes, jordans and w/e from china that get deleted so quickly? he's pretty much using these forums for free advertising.... over and over again

I'd concur, it does seem awful shady. Worse that there isn't even a store website or anything. Just an e-mail address. This should definitely have been sent thru PM. It's a strictly B/S/T post in a discussion forum.

That said, I'd be *very* cautious even contacting someone via a blind e-mail.

Even if it's a legitmate store, what are the chances he has the late-90s era Corps figures the initial poster is looking for? Likely its the Same non O-Ring crap none of us are buying from the stores.

You want corps?

or

Off-topic for a minute:

Dude, I'm not looking for people who want me to 'browse their store'. I'm usually only doing trades here. You wanna talk trading, fine. If so, bring something to the table, not a link or an email. I have to say, it bugs the living sh!t outta me when people don't have what you want to trade for but want you to look though a longass list of crap you're not even interested in. If you want to trade for something I have, have something I want in return. How hard is that to comprehend, seriously?

Back on point, maybe I need to talk to Chad & Matt and any other customizers who use this stuff too. I'm really more of a madass about the accessories moreso than the figures (except for the WOW stuff. That would be customizing gold if I could find any.)

off topic as well lol: its not really even a store... you have to call, or email the guy a want list.... the site only has the history of gi joe.. ( i didn't look at the other categories of toy lines though)

i've always thought the corps accessories were kinda bleh. i mean besides the awesome vehicles of course. now if i could get my hands on those ones with the turbans and some of the police officer corps guys... man o man would they fit in perfect with my joes :)

I didn't really mean the weapons per se (though the long-barreled Uzi is among my favorite '3-3/4' weapons ever). I'm interested in the more 'mundane' (for lack of a better term) accessories like the tools, where they had wrenches and such. I mentioned guys like Chad & Matt and Evilface since I noticed they had used CORPS accessories for their customs and I thought 'Hey, I never saw that one before/Hey, I don't have that one!'.

I guess I'll keep hunting, then. :rolleyes:

P.S.: If anyone thinks they might have something (pics would help) and are willing trade them away, hit me up on PM ;)