Unexpected peg warmer

Darklon

Hey guys. I happened to stop by my two local targets today and was suprised to see no less than 15 black snake eyes (the one with the daggers on his chest) warming the pegs (15 per target). How in the world did they get so many? I understand why the viper was there in mass but why SE?

Not sure myself. That one is the only 25th mold that I genuinely like. What 25th joes I do get is usually only for the accessories and F@#$ the figs unless I can part them out toward customs.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised I haven't seen more 25th Paine Bros customs. That would be a good use for all these. :rolleyes::)

Well, the Vipers and Silver-Logo troopers (both of which have done a fair bit of pegwarming in my area along with Serpentor, Hooded CC, Buzzer, and now Wild Bill and Bazooka look like they might be joining them) both had certainly flaws that caused some army builders (like myself) to turn away: The weirdo wrists/hands on the Viper, and the silver logo on the trooper).

Hooded CC, Buzzer, Cobra Officer and Cobra Trooper with silver logo. The CG's are starting peg warm. I think it is time to back off of some of these older troops for awhile and crank out the newer ones like BATs and stuff.

Besides the usual MULTITUDES of endless pegs of COMIC PACKS nobody seems to want (hint to Hasbro...nobody likes them, nobody is buying them, so STOP making them and make more room for the single packs) the two biggest offenders of the "peg warming" dilema are THESE bozo's...

pegwarminbitchesoi2.png

Now for all the stores that have THESE.....just hanging there, unwanted, unloved and worst of all, not even HIDDEN by those rotten-ass, toy-stasher hider-types (that should tell ya something) I have to wonder MAN...does EVERY figure have as many available, in each case? If so..I couldn't imagine how every collector (here in Ohio) couldn't possibly have everything, every figure, they'd ever want or need? There's just tons of'em everywhere.

I was just thinking. Why is it called "peg warming"? If something sells good it is hot. So why not say if it sells bad and the pegs are not being touched call it peg freezing. If the stuff flies off the pegs that should be peg warmers or peg heaters.

I could say my pegs are hot and empty from everything selling out or my pegs are cold and there are a ton of Buzzers on them.

Where did the term peg warming originate from anyway?

Well, anything that's BARE...is more likely considered to be "cold"?

Take for example...a womans legs. When BARE, she complains about them being COLD, however, add a pair of LEG WARMERS, and she's all comfy cozy. If those pegs at the store are like those womans legs, they're nice and warm because those damn Wild Bills are keeping'em covered. They never move or go away and therefore just continue to warm the legs...I mean PEGS!

I was just thinking. Why is it called "peg warming"? If something sells good it is hot. So why not say if it sells bad and the pegs are not being touched call it peg freezing. If the stuff flies off the pegs that should be peg warmers or peg heaters.

I could say my pegs are hot and empty from everything selling out or my pegs are cold and there are a ton of Buzzers on them.

Where did the term peg warming originate from anyway?

its like BENCH-WARMER

a player that doesn't get off the bench (because he sucks) and put into the game, just keeps the bench warm

Well, anything that's BARE...is more likely considered to be "cold"?

Take for example...a womans legs. When BARE, she complains about them being COLD, however, add a pair of LEG WARMERS, and she's all comfy cozy. If those pegs at the store are like those womans legs, they're nice and warm because those damn Wild Bills are keeping'em covered. They never move or go away and therefore just continue to warm the legs...I mean PEGS!

if woman's legs (or men's legs if you prefer) were pegs than i'm sure more people would be trying to take the pegwarmers away ;)

also, if that's the case than wild bill is one lucky man :D

I once saw about five Cobra Vipers hanging out with the Jet Pack Dukes on the otherwise bare pegs at the local Wal-mart. It was kind of unsettling... :) Then some amy-builder came to their senses and all the Vipers were gone the next day before I could come back and get one. Poor Duke was so lonely again.

I bet Falcon and the Nemesis will be the next comic pack 'warmers, once they aren't 'new' anymore.

Not surprised that a Snake Eyes finally became a peg-warmer. This is like the 10th version. How many do we need?

Well, according to the Hasbro design team, we need just as many as it takes for them to get it RIGHT, darn it!

Oh...and it's because it's all in the name of satisfying the collectors, so as long as we b!tch and complain, you can expect MORE Snakes Eyes. Bless their wittle hearts....they TRY so hard to please and are willing to make MORE just to do it. atissuesd3.gif

we have lots of pegwarmers here.. Buzzer can still be found with ease, wave 4 Scarlet has been hanging around a few months... but as for newer figures:

Wave 7 Snake Eyes, Jetpack Duke, and Wild Bill (actually, there are more WildBills than anything in my town, its terrible).

Wave 9 has been sitting now too which is a surprise.. but I think its more because they ordered a ton of it. My nearest walmart has 5 pegs FULL of wave 9... all except the BATS and Serpents.

oh, and of course we still have loads of comic packs.. mostly Hawk/Scarlett still