Anyone catch the Giganta C&C Reference?

MrBear

I wish I had my account set up last week when I saw this, but someone here had posted a link to an article about the Collect-and-Connect figures for DCUC. In the article they talked about scale and how Grundy was accually about 1/2" taller then they wanted. They said that the biggest C&C would be 10", like Giganta, while a character like Atom Smasher should be around 9".

I just thought the Giganta reference was interesting since there was no mention or sign of her at SDCC recently.

I have a source who is working in the toy industry. I don't want to say any more about him/his work because I don't want him to get into trouble for leaking any of this information.

He says there is a New God character in every wave and confirmed Forager. He must have mentioned more New Gods, but I can't remember.

C&C figures he mentioned were Giganta, Imperiex and Chemo. He didn't say anything about Colossal Boy as was rumored elsewhere.

He mentioned Green Arrow, Black Canary, John Stewart, Katma Tui, Wildcat, Deadshot, Beast Boy, Robotman, Cyborg Superman (in his Sinestro Corps outfit), Deadman, Gentleman Ghost, and the Shark (in his original purple outfit, with the human/shark face).

Those are all the ones I can remember.

Atom Smasher has already been announced. He's the C&C with the Flash, Kid Flash, Captain Cold, blue Aquaman, Big Barda, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle wave. I think I got all of those right...wait, is Killer Moth in that wave too? That's too many figures...hmmmmm...

I have a source who is working in the toy industry. I don't want to say any more about him/his work because I don't want him to get into trouble for leaking any of this information.

He says there is a New God character in every wave and confirmed Forager. He must have mentioned more New Gods, but I can't remember.

C&C figures he mentioned were Giganta, Imperiex and Chemo. He didn't say anything about Colossal Boy as was rumored elsewhere.

He mentioned Green Arrow, Black Canary, John Stewart, Katma Tui, Wildcat, Deadshot, Beast Boy, Robotman, Cyborg Superman (in his Sinestro Corps outfit), Deadman, Gentleman Ghost, and the Shark (in his original purple outfit, with the human/shark face).

Those are all the ones I can remember.

If this guy has any pull at all, tell him that Trigon and STRIPE C&Cs would not go unappreciated by this fan. A monstrous Titans villain and a big robot... come on Mattel, you can smell my money...

I hope that's not true. I can't think of any New God characters that deserve to be made besides the ones already or Mattel's planning on.

I hope that's not true. I can't think of any New God characters that deserve to be made besides the ones already or Mattel's planning on.

I can think of several New God characters that would be cool:

Mantis (SuperPowers version)

Desaad

Steppenwolf

Tyr

Forever People (I can't recall the name of who they combine to be)

Forever People (I can't recall the name of who they combine to be)

Infinity Man. But I dunno, I think getting the most popular New Gods is good enough already, after those they become more obscure and I'd rather see other characters get created instead.

Tyr isn't actually a New God. He was originally a Legion of Super-Heroes villain! I never quite understood why he was picked to be in the Super Powers line of toys/comics.

I'd personally like to see DeSaad and Granny Goodness, but I'm guessing we'll see Steppenwolf, a Parademon or Kanto before Granny. The Female Furies would be cool...Lashina, Bernadeth, Stompa and Mad Harriet.

Honestly, neither can I, but I'll fully admit that I'm not a huge New Gods fan. However, the DCAU and the Super-Powers line of the 80s are still strong with the DC toy collectors. I'm not one to deprive another fan of the character they want, lest they try to tell me that my wants aren't worthy. Also, I figure that anything that gets us new characters rather than the same old Batman and Superman with new paint jobs is a great idea. Characters I'm not familiar with I can find out more about and maybe grow to like, but a nonsensical repaint is just that.

Are Flash and Kid Flash separate figures, or is one a variant of the other?

Nope...Two separate figures.

The waves will soon have 7 characters in them. 6 of the 7 will have C&C parts, the 7th (the headlining, A-lister) will have a base with their name on it. So in wave 7, Flash has the base. Kid Flash, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold w/ Skeets (modern variant w/Skeets that opens to reveal Mr. Mind inside!), Big Barda (a variant without her helmet--possibly wearing her red bikin??? We have only seen her hair a separate piece for the variant), Captain Cold, and blue Aquaman will each have a piece of C&C Atom Smasher.

The Killer Moth figure is in wave 6 with Hawkman, Mr. Miracle (variant Dr. Impossible), Regeneration Suit Superman (variant regular Superman), and Shazam. The C&C is Kalibak.