Question about Indiana Jones toys

Viper Hunter

So what (if any) figures and other stuff is everyone supplementing in with their Joes?

I really liked the German Soldiers and some of the hooded, sword welding arabs they've got in the line, but I'm noticing a few figures are rather vacant from the shelves and are fetching rather high dollars on eBay or even Amazon for that matter, so that leads me to believe there's a collective interest in these specific items and usually that means from Joe fans looking to supplement their forces?

u know there's an indy forum here right? @smilepunch@

i want a sean connery figure in joe scale (an old sean connery so the indy one would be perfect but i can't find it at retail) and i've always thought the russian soldiers would go in with the october guard guys.

Yeah, but I'm partial to this one. @lol@

There's still a tie-in with the Joes though, like CORPS...they come in handy as an accessory or two.

Here's a pic of the ones that seem to be disappearing quickly, Hard to Find...or not released yet?

indianajonesle8.png

I don't see anything particular in these that would elevate them above the rest of the characters (or figures)...that is, if your just a straight forward Indy action figure collector, so that's why i wondered if us OTHER action figure collectors are creating the shortage for our own "needs" or use for them?

my theory is that they're not selling well enough. the other indy figures have been sitting on the pegs here and other places as well. why buy/put out new waves if the ones you have aren't selling? too bad too because i like the figures from the above wave the best

There's still a tie-in with the Joes though, like CORPS...they come in handy as an accessory or two.

Here's a pic of the ones that seem to be disappearing quickly, Hard to Find...or not released yet?

indianajonesle8.png

I don't see anything particular in these that would elevate them above the rest of the characters (or figures)...that is, if your just a straight forward Indy action figure collector, so that's why i wondered if us OTHER action figure collectors are creating the shortage for our own "needs" or use for them?

I have yet to find the Last Crusade wave myself and the Temple of Doom wave isn't out yet

I would consider using some of the motorcycles... maybe the horse.. but that's about it.

the figures dont mix well in my opinion because of the obvious differences in articulation

That is true but don't be surprised if a mod moves it to the Indy forum

I'm directing the subject matter here to the G.I.Joe collectors though as my question is to THEM, regarding the Indy toys. It's no different than when Star Wars or Transformers mingle their way into our G.I.Joe discussions, so I'd hope a mod wouldn't be THAT trigger happy to move a topic?

Well anyways

If you compare the figures especially to the 25th anniversary Joes the Indy figures Joes are taller

VH

@hmmm@ hey!

Why are you signing off with my intials? Your WJ35...I'm VH!

@smilepunch@

My topic is more for the dio builders and such who accessorize a lot, and my thinking is that certain items out of this Indy stuff might be attracting more than an average share of interest amongst the Joe collectors who do dio's and whatnot, something I'd like to do myself one day, as i do buy certain items with that kind of stuff in mind. Might end up being a waste, but we all gotta have aspirations, right?

i have the troop truck, and the german motorcycle. The driver makes a great German officer to make plans with Cobra Commander,

The Motorcycle is a great bike to customize into a nok' bike. and the accerssories from the line work great with the joes figures.

Im waiting to find the Last Crusade figures. I might pick up the jungle cutter to customize into a cobra vehicle.

All in all they fit together pretty well.

the Russians seem to complement well with the Joes and/or Oktober Guard characters.

th_DSC01114.jpg

th_DSC01111.jpg

th_DSC01120.jpg

pictures courtesy of topnotch97 (hisstank)

i guess it would really depend how you want to mix them in your own Joe universe.

Those look pretty cool don't they.

indianajonesle8.png

lol.. I'm totally gonna make a Joerhyno Mod out of that Nazi guy, lol...

I think really the vehicles can work, and I've seen people using the russians for OGs and I've thought of getting some of the guys with the head wraps for some real world terrorist(sorry if that's offensive).. I really wanna get a couple of those troop trucks, but I dunno, you'd think Cobra would get something a little more modern, lol

If only they had chosen to do these with the new Joe articulation. As is, I've got no interest (and that includes the SDCC Cobra Commander).

Yeah I think if they were like the 25th Joes they could of sold more

I have been thinking about army building the germans and possibly the russians but I hardly have the room anymore