Looks like the superman franchise is going the way of batman

Scott

supes wont be dark, just his bad guys. lex luthor was an evil man....darkseid and alot of others were too. im intrested in seeing how evil his bad guys are going to be.

I think that is what they are looking for is dark villains and stories. It says nothing about Superman himself or Clark Kent being dark.

If Doomsday shows up we would see a very violent Doomsday. Superman would still be the Superman we know. Just because you hear "dark", "Superman" and "film" in the same sentence does not mean that Superman himself is going to be dark.

It looks like they want all the future DC films to be darker or as dark as they can be. If a Plasticman film was made it would not be dark because it can't be. On the other hand a Green Arrow or Green Lantern film could be pretty dark.

We won't see Superman cussing or ripping bodies apart but we could see Doomsday, Luthor or Brainiac doing that. Metroplolis won't be a copy of Gotham either.

Superman's world is not perfect or pretty and the darkness would show just why the world does need him.

Good news. Superman has needed to have a good movie for a LONG time. If Warner Brothers chooses to not use Brandon Routh again I hope they use an actor who's physically much larger.

Dude... Brandon Routh was 6'4". Hoew much larger do you need?

Good news. Superman has needed to have a good movie for a LONG time. If Warner Brothers chooses to not use Brandon Routh again I hope they use an actor who's physically much larger.

Dude... Brandon Routh was 6'4". Hoew much larger do you need?

I think he meant more built and bulky, not lengthwise. Personally Superman

doesn't need to be that bulky since thats not even a factor in his strength levels, Routh was a decent build.

Reboot... yes! I would love to see darker, more twisted Lex (that's a supervillian that runs a corporate empire and not a low-level thug).

But I want Routh back as Superman. I think he did a good job with the role and deserves the chance to make it his own. As for his bulk... he's a big guy. I remember when he used to swim for my high school and he was bigger than most of the other guys. And he's gotten bigger in the last 10 years. Hopefully WB will stick with him.

Reboot... yes! I would love to see darker, more twisted Lex (that's a supervillian that runs a corporate empire and not a low-level thug).

But I want Routh back as Superman. I think he did a good job with the role and deserves the chance to make it his own. As for his bulk... he's a big guy. I remember when he used to swim for my high school and he was bigger than most of the other guys. And he's gotten bigger in the last 10 years. Hopefully WB will stick with him.

I highly doubt Routh returns, he's intrinsically linked to SR, personally I would like for him

to return since I liked him as Supes but he may be a casualty especially since WB is taking Superman into another

direction. Its almost as if Singer and Routh are a package deal and if Singer doesn't return (which is very likely) then Routh may not either.

I think you can set a darker tone and darker villians but still keep Superman the same. I think the biggest challenge for a Superman movie is coming up with a formadible villian for such a powerfull character. Lex is a great villian but doesn't make for great action scenes. I think Superman II was the best Superman movie cause you had villians that really could go toe-to-toe with Superman and were interesting.

I'm glad they will do a reboot simply for the fact that I think the whol Lois having Superman's kid was just a bad idea all around and couldn't see them taking that anywhere good. That being said I think Routh did a great job as Clark and Superman and think they should get him back to reprise the role for the next movie even if it's a total reboot.

supes wont be dark, just his bad guys. lex luthor was an evil man....darkseid and alot of others were too. im intrested in seeing how evil his bad guys are going to be.

You're right I think they mean the bad guys not Supes. They would be dumb to try and makes Supes into a watchmen character.

Really I think that they need a brutal type character, either Darksied or Doomsday or even a Zod or Zod type character. Just someone with a lot of powers that will make for a great action scene. B/c really in Superman movies and even Smallville Kal-El does not get to really fight anyone. Especially if he is going up against Luthor. I want to see Superman pound the crap out of another character (and not see a ton of footage of Supes getting beat up on b/c they already do that too much).

Well I've already stated I personaly don't have a prob with sups having a kid out of wed lock. for me it kinda sets up a nice original back story on how superboy comes along. BUT! I do agree with JayC on this one in terms of the Singer plot set up is sloppy as hell. Superboy can be brought in later after the continuity gets established.

Normaly I say yes to bringing back Routh too, but because he's been shackeled (thanks again to Singer), with that dead weight of a sub plot "love child", that it makes bringing back Routh very very difficult. I mean what do you say to explain away a super kid? Channel the spirit of Gilda Radner's SNL chacter Roseanna Roeanna Danna to say "NEVER MIND"!

SO, IMO a new Superman is called for. & yes one that lots more musscular (not body builder mind you), but at least be able to ware the "S" with out the need of mussle padding the way Routh needed. Ok, now for this "darker business". Did I not tell you so! I saud it said it! About how Hollywood would start scrapping what ever was on their drawing boards in light of the epic success of TDK. but the prob as I see it is how do you add the so called "dark element" with out coming off as just a lame ripp off of TDK styling???

I guess i'd start with the one good thing Singer did RIGHT! & that compair Superman to the Saviour Jesus Christ him self. The world has ever sence the start of time & there being a concept of God(s) has either taken their power for granted or blamed them for all the wrong (& sometime rights) of the world. Superman gets satteled w/this burdon quite offten. For many people he is as close to God as there ever gonna physicaly get. So its more than just what he does for people with his super powers, its what he does for their souls..............even if it is unintentional.

& as for dark, I guess that's ok. But remember, at the end of the day its Superman that's gotta clean it all up. So have a care when writing. Bruce might not have a problem w/crossing the ethical line i.e. wire tapping........BRB

Ok I'm back. where was I, oh right. Bruce might not think twice about hacking a spy sattlelight & spying on the world. But a "corn feed hok'em farm boy" will. Clark believe in right & sees the world in terms of black & white. He'll back the President Of the United States. WHY, because that what folk form the "Bible belt" do here in the U.S. Hmmm, hay! Now that I think about it that might just be your story right there.

If Darside is still being look at as being "too far out there & Si fi-ish", then why not have George wind him up & set him loose on a few 3rd world goverments. Yeah yeah, I know that's a real ruff idea. But what the hell do you expect at *looks over at alarm clock*, 2:30am! yikes!!! look gang i'll finish this later. If I wanna look my adorable self for work tomorrow I'm gonna need my beauity sleep.

What can I say, we can't all roll out of bed looking as good as Superman. tah tah kiddies sleep tight.

Well I've already stated I personaly don't have a prob with sups having a kid out of wed lock. for me it kinda sets up a nice original back story on how superboy comes along. BUT! I do agree with JayC on this one in terms of the Singer plot set up is sloppy as hell. Superboy can be brought in later after the continuity gets established.

Normaly I say yes to bringing back Routh too, but because he's been shackeled (thanks again to Singer), with that dead weight of a sub plot "love child", that it makes bringing back Routh very very difficult. I mean what do you say to explain away a super kid? Channel the spirit of Gilda Radner's SNL chacter Roseanna Roeanna Danna to say "NEVER MIND"!

SO, IMO a new Superman is called for. & yes one that lots more musscular (not body builder mind you), but at least be able to ware the "S" with out the need of mussle padding the way Routh needed. Ok, now for this "darker business". Did I not tell you so! I saud it said it! About how Hollywood would start scrapping what ever was on their drawing boards in light of the epic success of TDK. but the prob as I see it is how do you add the so called "dark element" with out coming off as just a lame ripp off of TDK styling???

I guess i'd start with the one good thing Singer did RIGHT! & that compair Superman to the Saviour Jesus Christ him self. The world has ever sence the start of time & there being a concept of God(s) has either taken their power for granted or blamed them for all the wrong (& sometime rights) of the world. Superman gets satteled w/this burdon quite offten. For many people he is as close to God as there ever gonna physicaly get. So its more than just what he does for people with his super powers, its what he does for their souls..............even if it is unintentional.

& as for dark, I guess that's ok. But remember, at the end of the day its Superman that's gotta clean it all up. So have a care when writing. Bruce might not have a problem w/crossing the ethical line i.e. wire tapping........BRB

Idk for me the dark tone could be Superman having to take down a character that doesn't care about anything except hurting people. Where the Joker did his thing to try to bring anarchy to the world whoever Supes is versing doesn't care about anarchy or anything else, the character just loves killing people. And for Superman he has to decide do I kill this person for the greater good or do I save my own alien soul and try to take him down without killing him but am I leaving myself open to future attacks. As for who the Superman baddie is Idk. But that is my take on the darker tone.

But I agree Queen, bring in someone with a better physique. Usually I don't care how actors looks in a movie but in a super hero flick you want the character to look like they have been hitting the gym. And Routh didn't exactly look like the Man of Steel more like Guy of Aluminum. He just did not have the physically imposing look to make you say, He is a Super Hero! instead he was just a guy in suit.

The more I think about SR the more I realize that Routh played a very good Clark and Superman, but he was really weighted down by a bad script. It was a bad movie, and Routh did his best but wasn't enough to save the flick. So even though he was good he is going to be looked at as the Superman who knocked up Lois Lane. So I do think WB should bring in a new Kal-El.

you can't make Superman dark... you can make a Superman movie thats dark... they just need to get the right villain. And yes, it is time for a Superman movie with a physical villain that Supes actually has to fight, instead of Superman having to defeat some sort of plan.

Who can this be??? Darkseid would be especially cool. Brainiac would be fantastic. Bizarro would be a decent choice. I don't think its time for Doomsday yet.

Every time I watched Superman Returns and see Brandon Routh, I don't see Superman I see a regular guy, Routh doesn't seem to have the screen presence to play Supeman. I don't have any problem with Brandon Routh's height, but he does need to bulk up significantly if he decides to return. I support the idea of making the next Superman movie darker than it's predecessors because it could emphasize the idea that he is the brightest light in an otherwise dark world.

you can't make Superman dark... you can make a Superman movie thats dark... they just need to get the right villain. And yes, it is time for a Superman movie with a physical villain that Supes actually has to fight, instead of Superman having to defeat some sort of plan.

Who can this be??? Darkseid would be especially cool. Brainiac would be fantastic. Bizarro would be a decent choice. I don't think its time for Doomsday yet.

If they ever do Bizarro i think they should take him into a whole different direction, perhaps how he is depicted in Smallville, which

would make him alot edgier, instead of making him a backwards dullard. A twisted and warped Superman with his own agenda and ambition would make for an interesting

villain against the straight laced Superman, also give him Zod like qualities and traits.

I don't care for the Smallville Bizarro. He's just too different. The whole point of him is to be the opposite and backwards version of Superman. I don't think he should be the villain of a film alone. Maybe if there was a second villian who was the brains and influenced Bizarro to do whatever he does.

Doomsday is too soon like Clam said. Maybe in a third film. The first film should introduce us to the new Superman in the new series and have a good villian. The second should be just more of the first but bigger.

I'd have maybe Lex as a minor villian just to reintroduce him but not have him and Superman go at it yet. Have maybe Brainiac first as the main villian and Livewire as a minor one.

In the second I would have Luthor start causing trouble and get Bizarro to do his dirty physical work with Superman. A distraction from whatever Lex is doing.

In the third I would have Doomsday and have him really beat the crap out of Superman like never before. I'd have a suprise ending there. Does Doomsday kill Superman like in the comics? Does Superman win? Will there be a fourth film? If so, and Superman is dead, what will happen? Will Superman return? Having questions like that would make the film exciting and worth going to just to see what happens.

If there was a fourth film I would have Superman take on Darksied, Kalibak and Parademons. Go all out in a huge scale. Big battles, weird worlds, space battles and do things never done before with Superman.