Christopher Reeves Superman figure

yojoebro82

I know there have been a few threads fantasizing about Superman movie master figures but I thought I'd stream line it and talk about the ONE figure I really want to see. In fact, out of all the toys I collect (GI Joe, Star Trek, and super hero figures), the Christopher Reeves Superman figure tops a very, very short list of figures that have not yet been made, and that I actually CARE about ever seeing.

IMO, Superman The Movie is one of the few Supes stories I've ever seen-in print or on film- that actually gets the cahracter. There isn't a single preson who doesn't feel that Reeves imbodies Superman. They have to make this figure!

What features should this toy have?

Dead-on Reeves likeness (a must)

Cloth cape (if it's going to be plasic, you may as well not make it) and it being removable would be a plus.

No rippling muscles! Reeves was fit but you didn't see every cut of muscle or buldging bicep on his body. Make it realistic.

6 inches

Cryptonite rock.

Interchaneable hands (would be nice)

That's about it. There is your ultimate super hero action figure.

Go!

That would be awesome!

For now, we may have to settle for the upcoming DC Direct Christopher Reeves Superman Statue. If it's half as good as the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman statue, it'll be brilliant!

I want a Christopher Reeves figure. Brown hair, no glasses because he didn't ware them in real life, & wareing some kind of trendy attire from Hugo Boss or Calvin Kline.

& just like with the "unmasked Superman/Clark Kent, I want Chris' shirt to be nearly unbuttoned & exposing the iconic crest from the house of EL, "S".

Chris wanted nothing more than to walk again. The best way I can think is to give him his wish is to capture him as a real man & give him his very own action figure that shows him as not only the real man, but also the iconic superhero that changed our world & gave so many hope & a much needed moral compass.

I know there have been a few threads fantasizing about Superman movie master figures but I thought I'd stream line it and talk about the ONE figure I really want to see. In fact, out of all the toys I collect (GI Joe, Star Trek, and super hero figures), the Christopher Reeves Superman figure tops a very, very short list of figures that have not yet been made, and that I actually CARE about ever seeing.

IMO, Superman The Movie is one of the few Supes stories I've ever seen-in print or on film- that actually gets the cahracter. There isn't a single preson who doesn't feel that Reeves imbodies Superman. They have to make this figure!

What features should this toy have?

Dead-on Reeves likeness (a must)

Cloth cape (if it's going to be plasic, you may as well not make it) and it being removable would be a plus.

No rippling muscles! Reeves was fit but you didn't see every cut of muscle or buldging bicep on his body. Make it realistic.

6 inches

Cryptonite rock.

Interchaneable hands (would be nice)

That's about it. There is your ultimate super hero action figure.

Go!

cloth capes are wack! they dont fall right. if anyone should have a cloth cape, its bats.(seeing he spreads it alot)

I want a Christopher Reeves figure. Brown hair, no glasses because he didn't ware them in real life, & wareing some kind of trendy attire from Hugo Boss or Calvin Kline.

& just like with the "unmasked Superman/Clark Kent, I want Chris' shirt to be nearly unbuttoned & exposing the iconic crest from the house of EL, "S".

Chris wanted nothing more than to walk again. The best way I can think is to give him his wish is to capture him as a real man & give him his very own action figure that shows him as not only the real man, but also the iconic superhero that changed our world & gave so many hope & a much needed moral compass.

unmasked supes? hell...i wanna see the masked one.

It would be a dream come true if Reeve Superman figure has a cloth cape. I hated the fact that Mattel isn't listening and at least consider cloth capes for variants, maybe using cloth capes for 2 pack re-releases?

It would be a dream come true if Reeve Superman figure has a cloth cape. I hated the fact that Mattel isn't listening and at least consider cloth capes for variants, maybe using cloth capes for 2 pack re-releases?

I'm not a huge fan of cloth capes b/c the material they usually use never seems to look right on the figure, its either stiff as a board and might as well be plastic or they seem to kind of bunch together and it never looks right being posed. I love the idea of the Reeves Superman, he needs to look just like the dvd rerelease with him above the words Superman with that stoic look on his face. As for the cloth cape idea maybe two pieces of material and a flexible joint or 3 in the cape so that you can pose it the way you want without it falling or bunching up.

I'm not a huge fan of cloth capes b/c the material they usually use never seems to look right on the figure, its either stiff as a board and might as well be plastic or they seem to kind of bunch together and it never looks right being posed. I love the idea of the Reeves Superman, he needs to look just like the dvd rerelease with him above the words Superman with that stoic look on his face. As for the cloth cape idea maybe two pieces of material and a flexible joint or 3 in the cape so that you can pose it the way you want without it falling or bunching up.

I too hate cloth capes, they look lifeless and cheap. 9 of of 10 times the edges have threads unraveling from it.

Man, you got me all excited. I thought this was a thread announcing a Christopher Reeve Superman.

I'd want it DCUC in articulation, but sans super-body like in the movie. Molded plastic cape, please (to match the other DCUC figures). Maybe a kryptonite medallion from the first movie... but nothing from the next 3 movies. I don't even care if it's an exclusive to benefit the Christopher Reeve foundation. Just make it happen.

If they do a good job with that, we'll talk about a George Reeves version. That would be cool.

Mattel really missed the boat on this one; I'd have gone a step further than Movie Masters and released an entire "S:TM 30th Anniversary" wave for DC Universe Classics:

- Superman [torso]

- Jor-El (white robe, w/black 'Trial' variant) [left arm]

- 'Oval Office' Lex Luthor w/removable hair (yeah, I know that really came from SII, but then both movies were filmed at the same time) [right arm]

- General Zod [left leg]

- Ursa [right leg]

With the Build-A-Figure being Non.

I suppose if you wanted other characters from the first two movies, they could have made some exclusive multi-packs (ex: "Here For A Reason" Jonathan and Young Clark, "Swell" Clark and Lois 2-pack, "Son Becomes The Father" Jor-El and Lara w/baby Kal-El, and "Father Becomes The Son" Holographic Jor-El [semi-translucent] and Bloodied Clark). Heck, I'd even have DC Direct toss in some 6-inchers from Frank's ACTION run.

But that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...

i could accept a non cloth cape sups but i keep mostof mine in package but id really like to see a cloth cape for superman and batman for that matter so i could get 2 one for keeping and one for display they could run a small wire along the capes edge to pose it maybe some diff hands but a flag would be nice and i have to say it i want to see a unclear man too along with non and zod and ursa and a miss tesmocker would be hot along with lois and hackman luther with ned baitty maybe in a 2 pack has any one seen the bats scarecrow 2 pack i havent seen it anywhere but back to sups id like to see a clark with open shirt showing his s too thats a good idea and maybe just a clark kent news room fig

Plastic capes; stiff, motionless, can't make the figure sit, and can weigh the figure down.

Cloth capes; much better!

I just never was a fan they never sat right and would start unravel to quick too. But they do make it impossible for the figure to sit down.

i could accept a non cloth cape sups but i keep mostof mine in package but id really like to see a cloth cape for superman and batman for that matter so i could get 2 one for keeping and one for display they could run a small wire along the capes edge to pose it maybe some diff hands but a flag would be nice and i have to say it i want to see a unclear man too along with non and zod and ursa and a miss tesmocker would be hot along with lois and hackman luther with ned baitty maybe in a 2 pack has any one seen the bats scarecrow 2 pack i havent seen it anywhere but back to sups id like to see a clark with open shirt showing his s too thats a good idea and maybe just a clark kent news room fig

Go back to English class, for the love of God.

Cloth cape is still what I prefer but I would still buy a rubber cape movie Superman and Batman figure. It just means that my customizing skills are challenged again :P

His name is REEVE

not Reeves.

George Reeves played Superman in the 50s, the man who played him in the films from the 70s and 80s (and later championed the rights of the disabled) was Christopher REEVE.

no "S" at the end, though he had one on his chest.

I think there is suppose to be a apostrophe after the "e" in Reeve in the title of this thread. Christopher Reeve's Superman figure.

I wanted to see DC Direct make a Reeve figure as one of their 13" toy lines. It would look AWESOME! I also kinda wanted to see them have at least a portion the profits of the figure donated to Reeve's foundation to find a cure for Spinal Cord injuries. If they did that, I'd buy two!

His name is REEVE

not Reeves.

George Reeves played Superman in the 50s, the man who played him in the films from the 70s and 80s (and later championed the rights of the disabled) was Christopher REEVE.

I think there is suppose to be a apostrophe after the "e" in Reeve in the title of this thread. Christopher Reeve's Superman figure.

I don't, because the OP uses the name "Reeves" several times in the body of his initial post as well.

His name is REEVE

not Reeves.

I don't, because the OP uses the name "Reeves" several times in the body of his initial post as well.

SO.....who cares. and dont start with the whole "superman isnt supermans" crap. reeves, reeve, whatever! lets just get on with the discussion.

This would be a dream figure for me. I've been wanting one for years. I gotta agree with those who want a molded cape. I'm just not a fan of soft goods in this scale, at least for capes.

Well I want to see a Chris REEVE Superman but I don't care to see a George REEVES Superman. Also don't want to see an Otis figure either...Idk why I threw that in but why not?

Heh. I agree, no Otis. Ever. :P

Well I want to see a Chris REEVE Superman but I don't care to see a George REEVES Superman. Also don't want to see an Otis figure either...Idk why I threw that in but why not?

Oh, c'mon...who doesn't want an Otis figure? They could give it a voice chip to spout such classic lines as "COMING, MISTAH LUTHOAW!" or "Are we going to Addis Ababa, Mistah Luthoaw?" or "Slasher Fogelstein's a bedwetter! Pass it! Oh...uh, hi, Mr. Fogelstein." :P

Oh, c'mon...who doesn't want an Otis figure? They could give it a voice chip to spout such classic lines as "COMING, MISTAH LUTHOAW!" or "Are we going to Addis Ababa, Mistah Luthoaw?" or "Slasher Fogelstein's a bedwetter! Pass it! Oh...uh, hi, Mr. Fogelstein." :P

Otis IS funny as hell, I'll give him that. He needs to come with a map with "Otisburg" written on it.