Been Gone 4 A while

Agrevane

Hey Everyone

I have been gone for a long time, got devorced was the main reason. Stop collecting joes for a while,and gave all that i had to my kids. The other day picked up a couple of 25th aniversary packed an was hooked again. It gives me and my kid something to talk about when we see each other. If there one thing that has kept me and my boys close is collecting toys even if my ex does not like it.lol. I have to thank Hasbro for keeping G.I.Joe alive and wale. I would also have to thank devils due. Realy miss this forum had not been her for almost a year. this devorce stuff has realy killed me. Yet it happens allot these days never thought it wold happen to me. For all those joe fans out there going threw a hard time this "YO JOE" is for you.

Hey Everyone

I have been gone for a long time, got devorced was the main reason. Stop collecting joes for a while,and gave all that i had to my kids. The other day picked up a couple of 25th aniversary packed an was hooked again. It gives me and my kid something to talk about when we see each other. If there one thing that has kept me and my boys close is collecting toys even if my ex does not like it.lol. I have to thank Hasbro for keeping G.I.Joe alive and wale. I would also have to thank devils due. Realy miss this forum had not been her for almost a year. this devorce stuff has realy killed me. Yet it happens allot these days never thought it wold happen to me. For all those joe fans out there going threw a hard time this "YO JOE" is for you.

Welcome back man and sorry to hear of the reasons for your absence, but TRUST me.....been there and done all that. ;)

I separated from my wife a couple years ago now, ill advisedly took up with another gal I'd known for years, thought i knew her, but really didn't and found out the hard way how MUCH I didn't. Was put thru royal HELL, lost my job of 14 years due to the growing depression building up from my initial separation from my wife, my screwed up NEW relationship, having bought a house with her, trying to help raise her severly problem'd child, getting snubbed and treated like crap for having lost my job and being depressed and then it only gets WORSE, but in the end, I'm single (well legally separated anyway) trying to sell the house before foreclosure becomes a possible threat and working a new (less paying) job, but working nevertheless.

It's been tough. life can sure SUCK at times.

I did buy myself a new computer and got back on board here, and it's been nice and even comforting as there are some true pals on here and I enjoy the commradary over a shared interest...being G.I.Joe! ^_^

Hey Everyone

Welcome back man and sorry to hear of the reasons for your absence, but TRUST me.....been there and done all that. ;)

I separated from my wife a couple years ago now, ill advisedly took up with another gal I'd known for years, thought i knew her, but really didn't and found out the hard way how MUCH I didn't. Was put thru royal HELL, lost my job of 14 years due to the growing depression building up from my initial separation from my wife, my screwed up NEW relationship, having bought a house with her, trying to help raise her severly problem'd child, getting snubbed and treated like crap for having lost my job and being depressed and then it only gets WORSE, but in the end, I'm single (well legally separated anyway) trying to sell the house before foreclosure becomes a possible threat and working a new (less paying) job, but working nevertheless.

It's been tough. life can sure SUCK at times.

I did buy myself a new computer and got back on board here, and it's been nice and even comforting as there are some true pals on here and I enjoy the commradary over a shared interest...being G.I.Joe! ^_^

Damn, Dan :( I guess I was too busy, but I didn't know your current predicament as far as significant others. Anyway, if you need to unload some concerns, just PM me. I mean if you want to gripe or argue about anything woman-related, I'm sure I have a story to compare. :) Believe it or not, I've been there, just with not as much real-estate attached. ;)

Agrevane, that goes for you too.

Damn, Dan :( I guess I was too busy, but I didn't know your current predicament as far as significant others. Anyway, if you need to unload some concerns, just PM me. I mean if you want to gripe or argue about anything woman-related, I'm sure I have a story to compare. :) Believe it or not, I've been there, just with not as much real-estate attached. ;)

Well, I haven't really shared as much of it as I just did there. ^_^

I don't want to take over Agrevane's personal post with my own issues going on, just wanted to let him know he's in good company and we've all had our bad times.

I'll hit ya here in a bit with a pm. ;)

Well, I haven't really shared as much of it as I just did there. ^_^

I don't want to take over Agrevane's personal post with my own issues going on, just wanted to let him know he's in good company and we've all had our bad times.

I'll hit ya here in a bit with a pm. ;)

Looking forward to it old friend.

Hey guys,

It's interesting hearing a little bit about things that go on outside of the hobby. As most of us will simply retort about our collecting troubles and such.

In any case, I hope all goes well for you guys and wish nothing but the best in trying times (past, present and future).

Heathtown

Yes being single/ having non live in girlfriend certainly seems the way to go. We had talked about getting married/settling down/ having kids for a while (I'm 25, she's 30) but I was fortunate enough to see my brother get married first.

Single man with a dog and a huge star wars collection suddenly became a father of two (third on the way) and a husband. Here we are a year later (minus the dog and the majority of his star wars collection (the evil one made him sell)) and he hates his life. No I definitly see a few more years of bachelor life for me.

YIKES.. thanks for reminding me to never get married guys!

I'll be happy single.. just me and my toys @lol@

Yes being single/ having non live in girlfriend certainly seems the way to go. We had talked about getting married/settling down/ having kids for a while (I'm 25, she's 30) but I was fortunate enough to see my brother get married first.

Single man with a dog and a huge star wars collection suddenly became a father of two (third on the way) and a husband. Here we are a year later (minus the dog and the majority of his star wars collection (the evil one made him sell)) and he hates his life. No I definitly see a few more years of bachelor life for me.

I'm with you guys.

I got as far as an engagment ring when everything ended. I guess I am lucky it ended then and not after being married and having to go through dealing with kids and homes. My family is cursed anyway with marraiges. My mom is on her third and my sister just ended her third. My current stepfather is on his fourth and my former one had two that ended.

Welcome back man, glad to see you back, hate to here about your divorce but glad your kids and you are enjoy Joe together.

Hey if you every do deside to get married just shoot your self in the foot its less painfull and not as much trouble.

Hey if you every do deside to get married just shoot your self in the foot its less painfull and not as much trouble.

If he goes so far as to GET married...

I say just shoot yourself in the head and get it over with!

At 46 years of age and two divorces under my belt now, and numerous crappy relationships in between...I have to say I'm OVER it, DONE and pretty much tired of the love game. I'm getting too independent and selfish with my time and interests, and don't feel like giving of myself or being tolerant of somebody else's DEMANDS upon me, in order to coexist with the female persuasion and "WORK" at a relationship. <_<

It pushes me towards thinking prostitution might as well be LEGAL...seeing how men always PAY for it eventually, somehow, someway and none of it's truly FREE.

If there was a "right one" for me....I've missed it. That window has closed, and I'm getting pretty darn comfortable with being single and slowly growing even more confident in who I am, without naggy, bitchy ridicule and judgement upon me as a man, a person, a provider, a lover, a Father, a companion and whatever esle it is we have to measure up to in a womans eyes.

There isn't a female I've ever been around or worked with, that didn't rundown or ridicule their men, especially in the company of OTHER women, where that seems to be the thing they do? How caddy!

ANYWAY....

hemanem8.png

I'm an official member now....and membership is, FREE! @loll@

This is just my opinion, but it always seems to me that the majority of us toy collectors are kind hearted and have a hard time telling a woman NO. I mean as in "No, you are NOT going to get your way by crying and calling your daddy." We want women to treat us as we treat them, but you have to have some bite to your personality, or else they will not respect you.

It blows me away, really. In today's world women are empowered and in control. They know the laws are bent in their favor and they will not hesitate to abuse them. They want it all and they want to keep shopping, but they can't figure out what is MISSING in their lives.

I'll tell you exactly what it is. They want a father figure as their man, they want security wrapped in a Gold Card, and being a man that collects toys scares them. They confuse HOBBY with self-motivation and maturity. That's why most other men collect tools and guns as their hobby (However I collect those as well) because those kinds of hobbies are masculine, and give a false sense of security.

Good women to find are women with hobbies of their own. Also, if they are the kind that prefer to keep what they have instead if selling it or giving it away. Some women are always "cleaning out the closet". That is bad for us.

Last but not least, they have love EVERYTHING about you. If they want to change you, then they care more about themselves than they care about you, and women like that you can NEVER make happy.

Shawn just told me about this thread so I thought Id chime in. I was married to a woman who didnt care for me spending the amount I did on toys but she let. Eventually we divorced and now get along fine. Just remember everything doesnt have to be horrible in divorce.

Since then Ive met a wonderful woman named chuck. Shes really cool. She can even pee standing up.

HAHA

Seriously her names Kristin and she wasnt sure what to think about my collection at first but got a little involved and now loves it. There are women out there that can be cool with you collecting and even join in. Just keep your eyes open and search "female, your city, GIJoe" on myspace and see what comes up.

Here's a interesting site (for laughs)

WHY WOMEN SUCK

hemanem8.png

Hey Agrevane, glad to see you back man. I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. If it means anything I'll be praying for ya bud...

I keep flip-flopping on whether or not I'll ever collect Joes again. I may eventually. I found a VAMP today but I was broke so I had to pass it up.

And VH, I was only vaguely aware of your situation. Just hang in there bud. I think you're a good man and you'll make it just fine.

Concerning wives and all that stuff, my own wife has been wonderful concerning my hobby. Just to give you an example, back in 2006 I planned on going to Botcon that year; I had never been and it was gonna be in Lexington KY, which is relatively close to where I live. But come time to go that Friday night, I got a virus or food poisoning or something...I still think it was the sickest I had ever been before or since. And we kinda went back and forth over whether or not we'd go. (I briefly considered going to the emergency room it got so bad...) We had booked a room months in advance and I had been so excited. So it was gonna be a huge disappointment if we didn't get to go. But in the end my wife offered to drive me all the way to Lexington since I was so sick and wanted to go so bad. And that was a big deal since she's never confortable driving long distances. It was just a really wonderful gesture. (She did drive me there, and even the restaurant signs along the interstate made me nauseous!) (lol) She even buys me stuff from time to time. She's really great.

Will Have to look into myspace Female G.I.Joe thing. My space has help we deal with allot of things. Meeting old friend lost relatives ect. I said once if Myspace can help me meet the woman of my dreams I will get married on My space. LOL.

I am kinda sorry if this post was kinda personel yet stands to the truth once a Joe fan no matter what happens in life always A Joe fan. Yojoe!

Been with my girl going on 9 or so years, told he I didn'y believe in marriage when we 1st started dating, things are going fine, and I still have a toy room/office! There'shope guys, jut don't get married!

Here's a interesting site (for laughs)

WHY WOMEN SUCK

hemanem8.png

Awesome post! I just love that Little Rascals avatar! :D

Wow! How much of THAT stuff was true?! The guy who wrote that 'color code' list must have (had) a life similar to mine! LOL

I guess I've been semi-fortunate that I have been able to avoid (ignore, actually) that kind of relationship drama for the most part by acting just as mature as the women I've split with (meaning, in one case anyway, I changed the locks on her and threw all of HER $hit out in the yard! ;) {Yes, I've actually done that}).

Sorry to hear about of the tribulations you guys are going or have been through, though. Even as casual as you try to let things resolve themselves, it's never a totally smooth transistion.