Where Do You Buy G.I.Joes?

KillyourIdols

I'm pretty sure most collectors are getting their 25th Anniversary Joes from the big retailers [Target. Wal-Mart. ToysRUs.], but are there other places that you've been finding them?

The prices have risen quite a bit over the last few months, but I've found that it's only at the aforementioned stores. I've actually been going to a local chain of grocery stores [i'm assuming, at least, that Stop N Shop isn't national. It could be], because the figures are marked at a reasonable $5.88 for single-carded. And even better, there's been a promotion for the last month plus where if you purchased three figures, you'd receive a fourth for free [so long as you had a Stop N Shop card]. Plus, they actually have a decent selection of figures-- I picked up several figures from the last two waves. It isn't just Buzzers haunting the pegs all the time.

So, anyone else know of places that are selling the Joes at lower prices?

I usually go to the stores that have a "Hide now..pay LATER" policy!

@smilepunch@ jeeeest kiddin'! Remnants from another topic.

I hit ALL the retail outlets I can, and living in the city, I have a lot of options, yet the fruits of my searches are usually empty and void.

Walmart has been the best.

TRU for their exclusives only.

Target is sad and pathetic, not to mention the most EXPENSIVE, but I have managed a measly payload on few occasions.

Meijers is cheap, but also very sparse in their stock.

Besides the big retailers, there's a chain of stores called Hastings where I found a Snake Eyes with black Timber. Other than that it's online stores for me.

LOL Smartass :P

Target is sad and pathetic, not to mention the most EXPENSIVE, but I have managed a measly payload on few occasions.

True...And I work there

But

I find Kmart very expensive

LOL Smartass :P

True...And I work there

But

I find Kmart very expensive

really? they (k-mart) were the cheapest around here. 5.88 a figure and 14.99 for the vehicles.

Does Walgreens sell Joes?

I've never seen them there or at CVS.

Does Walgreens sell Joes?

I've never seen them there or at CVS.

i used to find 2001 two packs a few years ago at ekerds before the single vvv packs came out. they were 14 bucks though.... now that rite aide bought out eckerds they don't even have the single pack figures anymore :(

BIG BAD TOY STORE.

I seldom have problems with them - heck, even if you're not the first to pre-order something, I have seen every figure appear on their site at least a couple times before becoming completely unavailable everywhere else.

Tom

I've found and bought everything released so far at retail(Target, WM, TRU, K-Mart). But have used ebay and board members to Troop build and BBTS to get some of the older releases, when they have sales, as I'm going back to MOC collecting.

I'm really not a fan of bbts. or other online joe retailers for that matter. They preorder everything and its all gone before they even get any instock. and even when they do get it in stock its gone within the next couple days. and their shipping chargers are way out there. I just bought a loose desert scorpion from them (that's one figure) and it cost over $9 to ship it. the only reason i even got it was because i still had some store credit there so instead of it costing $12 it only cost me 3 something. oh and i ordered it on the 17th and it just shipped out today >.<

walmart and target

Over here, it's expensive to go anywhere. All our good stores are on the other side of the island (Oahu), and with gas so high, I have to stick to my side. The Windward Mall KB Toys carries the single packs ($8.99) whenever they get in. No vehicles or anything other than the SOTW figures from Formative Inc.

Since I haven't found much anywhere, I go to the ROSS store here near the Mall. They had a lot of Sigma 6 vehicles for the 2.5 inch figures I've converted to 3 3/4 because of lack of credit card for mail order. Also over the many months I've been able to army build from ROSS. So far I have 18 LEGION sets and 6 GI Joe Sets (@ $12.56 each including tax), and also rounded out my Sigma Six force. Hey! From the LEGION Set, if you use your Cobra Air Trroper, since you can't see his face, trade it w/Black Uniformed CC's silver head, and "Voila!" you got another set of troopers!

SkyBuzz :)

BIG BAD TOY STORE.

I seldom have problems with them - heck, even if you're not the first to pre-order something, I have seen every figure appear on their site at least a couple times before becoming completely unavailable everywhere else.

Tom

I also use BBTS, almost my entire collection is from there. With some exceptions that I've found in store, or traded for.

The only exception to a figure being available for order is BATs, they've been sold out on the day the preorder went up and I've never seen them re-list. I'm not saying it hasn't, I'm just saying I've never seen it, and really, who's surprised?

The main places I've been getting them are GOOD Wal-marts (Because some Wal-marts do not get $#!t) and Target Super Stores. As far as Toys R Us retail stores,... well I recently received the Cobra Night Watch Pack from BBTS. Even with a TRUs on my way home from work, I bought these off the net. That Toys R Us gets hit so hard, it should have bruises. I rarely stop in, because I KNOW it's been rand-sacked.

Toys R Us should employ some marketing strategist that actually knows the trends of toy buying.(As in one of us) That is what I think this company needs to boast their sales. IMO.

After reading this post, i stopped in my local Stop & Shop, those arent national i dont think,anyway saw some joes there which was a surprise to me seeing as its a grocery store and even my local TRU doesnt have anything, this store is only on wave 7 (which ever wave had the Vipers) but still i snagged a few more vipers and they had the Roadblock from that wave and i havent seen him anywhere