DCD or DCUC? which do you like?

pooda

DCD has been making figs for a while now, and i know that alot of you have spent alot of time and money on these figs. now, alot of the same figures are being made into DCUC figures. my question is......do you perfer one over the other? maybe certain figs look beter..lets hear it.

DCD(CLICK IMAGE)

8578_180x270.jpg

DCUC

DCUC3Deathstroke007.jpg

DCUC hands down. I started collecting DCUC figs with the first series. I've never owned a DCD figure, but from what I know the articulation is very poor and there's a lot of scale issues. DCUC may have some quality issues every once and a while, but other than Lobo and shrimpy Sinestro the DCUC figures are superior.

DCUC hands down. I started collecting DCUC figs with the first series. I've never owned a DCD figure, but from what I know the articulation is very poor and there's a lot of scale issues. DCUC may have some quality issues every once and a while, but other than Lobo and shrimpy Sinestro the DCUC figures are superior.

(quoted from SANDER T.)

After rereading this thread I'm inclined to thinking that the taller Sinestro is a myth, as was pointed earlier on by SCB, and nothing more than a longer pegged Sinestro vs. a shorter pegged one. On the other hand I have to insist that Sinestro is clearly on-scale to his earlier exploits. He is a vengeful, opinionated, hard-a$$ed midget tyrant who always wants his way. My will be done! His height and slimness was intended by his creator to symbolize his shortsighted egomaniac view of the world. He has a Napoleonic complex as opposed to Hal Jordan, whose will is always at the service of truth and the greater good. Its comic symbolism from Comics 101 you guys!

5084-2013-5536-1-green-lantern_supe.jpg

262010-104683-sinestro_super.gif

2045972268.jpg

It varies for me from figure to figure. Like I love the detail on the pic you put up the DCU Slade. But I like my DCD Nightwing better than the DCU Nightwing. But again the Robin for DCU looks better. hahaah I know I'm weird.

I like them both and display them both side by side. I do admit that often when I get the DCUC version of a character, I will replace the DCD version.

HOWEVER, DCD has been around for 10 years and has made over 300 figures! I have (almost) all of them! And I LOVE the fact that DCD has made some characters that are so obscure they shock me that they got made! Seriously, I never thought I'd get a Psycho Pirate or an Uncle Sam or a Hoppy the Marvel Bunny or Chameleon Boy. Of course, Mattel is making some interesting choices too for all of their lines with Killer Moth for DCUC, Gentleman Ghost for JLU, and Weather Wizard for Infinite Heroes. It's a great time to be a DC action figure collector!

I think DCD is one of the worst toylines ever done with a major license.. I hate them. I hate their articulation style, how one wave will be different scale than another, how their scultping is so drasticly different from wave to wave so you can never have a universal collection....

I like DCSH/DCUC but they have alot of flaws in my eyes too. I don't like the crotch articulation at all because it is ugly. I would have rather them had the standard t-crotch than that odd one they have now. I also don't like the 4Horsemen's muscle stylings... Its like they told each figure to take a deep breath, suck in their tummy, stick their chest out, shoulders forward, and say cheese... it is very unatural. And also, because DCUC shares so many bodies, they don't fit. Even in wave 3, Nightwing and Robin are both too bulky, the DCD figures got their sizes right. Hal is probably too bulky as well, he looks like Superman. Yet, for the most part, these figures look nice, and you can have a cohesive collection of DC characters with decent articulation.

The winner, hands down for me, is still DCUC

dcu all the way cuz of articulation..........but i still love that hush /jim lee nightwing better than the dcu

I think DCD is one of the worst toylines ever done with a major license.. I hate them. I hate their articulation style, how one wave will be different scale than another, how their scultping is so drasticly different from wave to wave so you can never have a universal collection....

I like DCSH/DCUC but they have alot of flaws in my eyes too. I don't like the crotch articulation at all because it is ugly. I would have rather them had the standard t-crotch than that odd one they have now. I also don't like the 4Horsemen's muscle stylings... Its like they told each figure to take a deep breath, suck in their tummy, stick their chest out, shoulders forward, and say cheese... it is very unatural. And also, because DCUC shares so many bodies, they don't fit. Even in wave 3, Nightwing and Robin are both too bulky, the DCD figures got their sizes right. Hal is probably too bulky as well, he looks like Superman. Yet, for the most part, these figures look nice, and you can have a cohesive collection of DC characters with decent articulation.

dude...you are a hater. 1st..that T crotch looks worlds better than those ball joints....period. you just said that you think DCD figs articulation sucks....give DCU a standard T crotch, and you have DCD all over again. 2nd..most DC comics characters(the main ones) look alike as far as build especially the 80's/90's versions.(which were very unaturally muscular. how is robin to bulky? he's not too tall, overly muscular, and his likeness is on. my thing is....you better not be a ML collector! the complaints about DCU figs sound like ML problems as well, to me. hey....lets use Ironman's body to make Magneto(???), hey!...lets make our 1st wolvy taller than the rest of the characters, lets make Cap. Brittian and Black Panther the same size, or....we can discuss at what point in time has DD been the same size as Deadpool....youre nik piking........and it sounds a little "HATER" motivated.

DCUC. When DCD first came out, I bought them (because there was nothing else to buy, except maybe Total Justice) and I wasn't too impressed with them then. The sculpting was good, but there was no articulation and they'd fall down a lot. And without articulation, I really couldn't adjust the center of balance.

I love DCUC. It's the best DC line since Super Powers.

dude...you are a hater. 1st..that T crotch looks worlds better than those ball joints....period. you just said that you think DCD figs articulation sucks....give DCU a standard T crotch, and you have DCD all over again. 2nd..most DC comics characters(the main ones) look alike as far as build especially the 80's/90's versions.(which were very unaturally muscular. how is robin to bulky? he's not too tall, overly muscular, and his likeness is on. my thing is....you better not be a ML collector! the complaints about DCU figs sound like ML problems as well, to me. hey....lets use Ironman's body to make Magneto(???), hey!...lets make our 1st wolvy taller than the rest of the characters, lets make Cap. Brittian and Black Panther the same size, or....we can discuss at what point in time has DD been the same size as Deadpool....youre nik piking........and it sounds a little "HATER" motivated.

With all due respect Pooda, you solicited the man's opinion. You can disagree with it all you like, but he's entitled to think it and there's no need to beat him up for answering your question.

I like them both and display them both side by side. I do admit that often when I get the DCUC version of a character, I will replace the DCD version.

HOWEVER, DCD has been around for 10 years and has made over 300 figures! I have (almost) all of them! And I LOVE the fact that DCD has made some characters that are so obscure they shock me that they got made! Seriously, I never thought I'd get a Psycho Pirate or an Uncle Sam or a Hoppy the Marvel Bunny or Chameleon Boy. Of course, Mattel is making some interesting choices too for all of their lines with Killer Moth for DCUC, Gentleman Ghost for JLU, and Weather Wizard for Infinite Heroes. It's a great time to be a DC action figure collector!

This is almost verbatim my feelings. I have amassed a LOT of DCD figures over the years. How else was I supposed to make a collection of DC characters? I also tend to replace the DCD figure when I get the equivalent DCUC. I also love some of the truly obscure characters that even the Horsemen will take a while to get around to (but will SOMEONE make me a Kate Spencer Manhunter already?!).

The only part I don't agree with at all is about character selection for the other lines. I'm a greedy 6" collector and I want all the characters in MY preferred scale! @loll@

I like to pose them next to my Marvel guys so just for that DCUC would be the winner for me.

There are a lot of DCD figures that I like, however. I can't see myself replacing Power Girl (one of my favorite action figures period). And someone here mentioned Psycho Pirate......yes! I also love that figure!

This September will be the one year annerversry sence I bought my very 1st DCD fig (Dark Victory Batman), & to tell the truth I didn't even buy it FOR me. It was supose to be for a buddy of mine, but on the train ride home I found my self wanting..............needing it more & more.

So, like I said here I am one year later & about $15,000 worth of DCD! The last time I counted I have some where in the neigborhood of 360 DCD figs. & as for the question of the thread........im TOTALY down with DC Direct!!! yes, they do drop the ball from time to time w/ a bad paint job or put out a fig with nearly no articulatin at all (i.e. Sandman figs). But POA has & never will be that big of a deal with me cause I'm totaly MOC.

& I like the fact that the DCD figs are put out useing differant artis styles. That way not only do my friends who come over get treated to a viewing of a "toy gallery", but also an "art gallery". Wheather is Alex Ross or the 4Horsemen, its cool to see & learn about the differant tecniques used by the differant artis.

But like I said, my vote is for DC Direct! I'm totaly in love with the sculpt & art work that goes in to it.

I'm amazed no one's mentioned one key piece of appeal between DCD and DCUC figures: the price!

DCD figures average about $15, DCUC about $10. With DCUC you get better articulation, comparable sculpting and detail (sometimes better, sometimes worse), a consistent "style" and usually more accessories (even if both lines are usually minimal on accessories, but what's there is usually good)...plus a build-a-figure piece.

DCD gets you more limited articulation, sometimes-better sculpting (but not always, and often subjective as to whether you like the artist the work is based off of), completely inconsistent styles, usually no accessories, and no BAF piece.

DCD I tend to think of more like Mcfarlane Toys. They're more display pieces and "collectibles" than toys. They have their merits and and I can totally see why some people would dig 'em (great character selection if nothing else), but for my money, I definitely prefer DCUC.

Or to put it another way: I never really collected DCD, but I'm definitely collecting DCUC.

I know I'm most likely alone in this, but I never liked BAF. It creates open figs in my MOC collection. I end up stuckw/a gorilla, a zombie, & a dude that's being a REALY GOOD SPORT about how effed up he got working for a bio-company.

I'd much perfer the MOC sculpt & art work of DCD over DCU any day.

I know I'm most likely alone in this, but I never liked BAF. It creates open figs in my MOC collection. I end up stuckw/a gorilla, a zombie, & a dude that's being a REALY GOOD SPORT about how effed up he got working for a bio-company.

I'd much perfer the MOC sculpt & art work of DCD over DCU any day.

Well, I'd say for a MOC collector DCD is definitely the way to go, anyhow. Not only are they more of a "display collectible" they're also less heavily produced/rarer (and thus more likely to retain value over time).

With all due respect Pooda, you solicited the man's opinion. You can disagree with it all you like, but he's entitled to think it and there's no need to beat him up for answering your question.

im not getting upset. CALM is one of the great debaters.....he just comes off odd at times.

DCUC is better on a lot of fields; articulation, paint, SCALE! though ask anyone who has ever bought a DCD, and they will say they are really artist specific.

i personally love DCUC, though i can see why someone would like DCD.