25th Slaughter's Marauders Barbeque

AirborneRigger

Blech. Garbage.

Tom

I'm just messin! Ha ha 'felt I had to capitalize on my newfound 'custom hater' status ; D

I love this, ABN! The colors look like they were painted on by one of Hasbro's very own machines (aka Chinese slave) and the blue is so appropriately uncompromising in it's blue-ness. I never had the Slaughters Marauders as a kid, but I would definitely pick this up if I saw it on a toy store shelf... are you planning on doing the others (that are available) ?

Tom

Nice painting, looks good!

Blech. Garbage.

Tom

I'm just messin! Ha ha 'felt I had to capitalize on my newfound 'custom hater' status ; D

I love this, ABN! The colors look like they were painted on by one of Hasbro's very own machines (aka Chinese slave) and the blue is so appropriately uncompromising in it's blue-ness. I never had the Slaughters Marauders as a kid, but I would definitely pick this up if I saw it on a toy store shelf... are you planning on doing the others (that are available) ?

Tom

I'm already working on Spirit and when Mutt comes out I'll go ahead and do him too.

When I started this custom I had every intention of selling it, and I still may, but the more I look at the final product I don't know if I can! lol He turned out awesome and the lines where the different paints meet are about as perfect as a factory one would be and they are straight as an arrow. I hope my Spirit comes out this well.

Hey ABN, what paints did you use? They look perfect, like I said before... factory fresh!

Tom

Testors Model Masters Acrylics on this particular figure but I do use Citadel and Tamiya Acrylics occasionally.

Man! You RUINED it!

It was bad enough when HASBRO did this, but you did it yourself...on PURPOSE? :o

@smilepunch@

I was never into the color scheme for Slaughter(ed) Marauders, so while I don't like the colors (STILL) I can agree with Tom, that your paint job on it, is excellent work, and you accomplished what you wanted. Looks factory made.

still fugly though.

Man! You RUINED it!

It was bad enough when HASBRO did this, but you did it yourself...on PURPOSE? :o

@smilepunch@

I was never into the color scheme for Slaughter(ed) Marauders, so while I don't like the colors (STILL) I can agree with Tom, that your paint job on it, is excellent work, and you accomplished what you wanted. Looks factory made.

still fugly though.

Thanks VH. @smilepunch@

That paint detail is absolutely amazing? As others have said, it looks right off an assembly line. How did you get the lines where the colors meet to be so perfect?

Steady hands.

great job man. i bet we will see hasbro do the Marauders line with out the srg as they lost the rights to him.

I'm guessing the only reason we haven't seen SM repaints is because they don't have Slaughter.

I'm also waiting for someone at Hasbro to remember that Funskool called him 'Sgt. Smasher'. He could get that 'international' tag and be made anyway. :)

I'm also wondering if Hasbro not doing Slaughter is sheer laziness. There's no reason I know of that he wouldn't be able to sign off on it.

That paint detail is absolutely amazing? As others have said, it looks right off an assembly line. How did you get the lines where the colors meet to be so perfect?

Steady hands.

that look great!

can you do that same thing for 25thA Spirit and the modern era mutt?

I've already started on Spirit. There will be a more noticable difference on the Spirit due to the webgear compared to the original.