Info on He-man.org

Answers to WTFWTK 2.3!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.

Check out his answers to your Round 3 questions!

1. For characters who were in both the classic toy line / mini-comics and the MYP cartoon, which style will you use for the new figures?

(eg: Queen Marlena)

All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines form the 1980s. Characters like Marlena who did not have a toy will be designed to look like an update if she did have a toy in the 1980s. Exactly what her look will be has yet to be determined.

2. Will the figures have removable body armor or accessories like the vintage toy line? (eg: belts, arm bands, wings, etc)

Yes.

3. With the announcement of an online store only, will there be chase variants? If so, will we be able to order them separately or will we have to order multiples of one figure with the hopes that one of them will be the chase variant?

From SDCC 2008, it sounded like fans do not want chase figures in this line. If the figures take off, we will look at doing repaints as an additional figure per month in time.

4. Do the licensing problems you have with the Filmation characters apply to the New Adventures of He-Man cartoon as well or is it possible for NA characters to show up in this line that were never toys?

Only the NA characters who were made as toys in the 1980s are currently available for the new MOTU Classics line.

5. To help put out more characters faster, would it be possible for smaller figures such as Orko and Gwildor to be pack-ins as accessories with other figures?

This is something we are looking into but do not have details to announce yet.

6. Will Mattel's new online-webshop have a "Collector's Club" for just MOTU or in general? If so, what sort of benefits could we expect from such a club?

Mattycollector.com will offer exclusive toys, photo galleries and news for many of Mattel’s current, past and upcoming toy lines including DC Universe, CARS and MOTU Classics.

7. If the bodies are going to be shared, does this eliminate the potential for size variation between figures? If not, how much size variation could we expect?

The current plan is for all characters to be 6” in scale much like all the figures from the classic line were in the same scale.

8. If the online store sells out of the stock produced for a figure, will Mattel make more? Otherwise, will Mattel consider telling us the production run of each figure so we know how quickly we need to order?

It is too early for us to comment on this precisely. If we do sell out of key characters quickly it is likely we will go back into production but change the packaging slightly to keep the character collectable. (think of it as a “second printing”) Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.

9. Since a new figure will come out once a month, How far in advance and how often will Mattel release news of upcoming product?

About 3 to 4 months. A new upcoming figure will be revealed on the 1st of every month just as a new figure will go on sale on the 15th.

10. Is there any chance of a MOTUC/DCUC crossover with a 2-pack or something else? (eg: Superman / He-Man)

Not in the immediate future but we are looking into this.

I saw this earlier today. I liked the answer to question number 3 about maybe doing repaints as additional figures as long as it doesn't replace another figure (Say, in a few months they offer Tri-Klops and a repaint of Beast Man in mini-comic red or something). I'm glad they're also looking to make sure everyone who wants a figure can get one with "second printing" re-releases.

I saw this earlier today. I liked the answer to question number 3 about maybe doing repaints as additional figures as long as it doesn't replace another figure (Say, in a few months they offer Tri-Klops and a repaint of Beast Man in mini-comic red or something). I'm glad they're also looking to make sure everyone who wants a figure can get one with "second printing" re-releases.

I wonder if this will apply to Grayskull.

I know many companies are reluctant to re-release exclusives. Given how much people are paying for Grayskull on eBay and what they paid on MattyCollector.com, I kind of don't think Mattel would put Grayskull back out there. I think they should find a way to do it, though. Change him up enough that he's not like the exclusive (which might be difficult). Or put him in a two-pack with a different color scheme. Or find some other way entirely. I know a lot of people would like to get a KG, but the unfriendly price-point (which means eBay prices run even higher), high demand, and problems with ordering made it even tougher for them, so hopefully Mattel can hook them up.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE