Confirmed(?) Donovan,motorcycle sidecar?

Fraggus

Alright....so I've been doing some research and apparently Donovan is (...or was :() going to be released

http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbr...wers_115506.asp

Cool Toy Review: Checking out the SDCC exclusive Cobra Commander for G.I. Joe, the body looks suspiciously like the outfit worn by Donovan at the end of The Last Crusade. Is this in fact a sneak peek at this potential figure?

Hasbro: Sharp, sharp observation! Indeed it is, indeed it is. We have negotiated the first three way figure trade in the history of toy lines, loaning Donovan's body to the GI Joe team, who sent the Crystal Ball tooling to Star Wars to become Talon Karrde, and who in turn sent real Stormtroopers to Indy to replace the bumbling German ones. OK, we kid about the last two. Anyway - great catch!

And the sidecar from Last Crusade info:

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?catego..._articleid=1916

ActionFigs.com: This question comes up quite a bit, so here goes. With the Indiana Jones line, will you be making another deluxe German Motorcycle, one that comes with a sidecar and perhaps Henry Jones sr.? Good way to reuse a few molds and get something new and desired into collectors hands, and it looks like the motorcycle we currently have was designed to accommodate a sidecar.

Hasbro: We do have plans for a sidecar version in 2009, but Henry Jones will be coming on a basic figure card later this year so we wouldn't include him with the motorcycle.

Now what with all the talk/speculation of Hasbro's Indy line not doing so hot (which really blows :( ) I can't believe both of the articles ran in June, a mear like...month and a half or so and BOOM! We may never get these.

Also I didn't hear about this before but now that I have I'm even more depressed....apparently a Flying Wing vehicle from "Raiders" with a price point of about $20 was going to be released...

Will someone please tell me all of this is a bad dream and we actually ARE going to be getting all of these figures....I really want a Dietrich and Rene Belloq in white suit as well.

So here is the supposed Donovan body from "The Last Crusade"

It is also used for the Cobra Commander SDCC Exclusive this year

http://cooltoyreview.com/story/events/Phot...ders_116559.asp (more pics)

IMG_7514.jpg

Sweet sculpt...however I do remember Donovan having knee high combat boots in the film at the end....did he not?

MAN I really hope we get a Donovan action figure :(

I dunno. I think the 2nd Raiders wave will hit, because everywhere I've seen and even asked Hasbro, They've confirmed it for a Jan release. So I reckon we'll have to wait and see past that

If they have confirmed it for January, then maybe the Toht Wave will hit big time... because maybe some of the pegs will be cleared after christmas. I also think that Toht comes with the melting head as a pack-in, not as a variant. Now all we need is a melting Belloq.

I dunno. I think the 2nd Raiders wave will hit, because everywhere I've seen and even asked Hasbro, They've confirmed it for a Jan release. So I reckon we'll have to wait and see past that

If they have confirmed it for January, then maybe the Toht Wave will hit big time... because maybe some of the pegs will be cleared after christmas. I also think that Toht comes with the melting head as a pack-in, not as a variant. Now all we need is a melting Belloq.

• 2 weeks later...