Is Hasbro going to switch to 3.75" Marvel figures completely?

TeenWolf

Why does Hasbro think that this is what fans want?  I know I don't want any 3.75" Marvel Legends.  Do you know how much money I've spent on my 6" figures?  Thousands and thousands of dollars.  For them to switch over just shows how little they care about their customers.

Now, I might be jumping into this too soon.  Maybe they will continue with 6" Marvel Legends...as long as these 3.75" figures don't make it.  But the way a lot of fools are clamoring for them, it worries me.

And then what if they start making vehicles for the 3.75" figures, and playsets?!  I love vehicles and playsets for my figures.  If they started making vehicles and playsets, I might have to buy them, which is something I really don't want to do.

Is anyone else outraged about this?  I haven't really seen many people expressing their opinion on this subject.

In other news, I got my Savage Land box set about a week ago, and it is awesome.  I open all my toys, but haven't opened this set yet.  I can't wait to, but I've been busy with work and my 1 year old daughter is always around, so she makes it hard to really enjoy opening the package when she's all in my stuff. Ka-Zar, Shanna and Zabu are going on a hunt for the elusive Sasquatch when I get some time to play with these figures!

The answer is.........probably not. With no official statement that the 6" Marvel Legends scale is ending ( and only idle rumours about it doing so, at that) there is no indication that the scale is in danger.

People begin assuming and fabricating nonsense when they are bored, and that is what we can chalk this up as.

No way they would do that. They are too ingrained in 6'' scale. I could see all there major buyers (being collectors since we are talking about Legends) turning there backs on Marvel. I would say 0% truth to it.

It doesn't seem like they are going to do completely away with them, but more likely we'll see more two packs and more exclusives. Wave three didn't seem to sell really well and with the cost of plastic raising they will probably have to raise the price to somewhere around $12. The smaller figure would be an easier sell to stores because they would cost less and take up less shelf space.

I'm not sure how I really feel about it. I haven't bought a full wave of ML figures since Hasbro got the license and I have only picked up 7 of the last 22 figures (or 7 different figures from the last three waves of HML's and none of the FFML or Spidey figures). I was all set to start selling them off until I saw pics of the upcoming two packs, Target and Walmart waves. But I wouldn't really mourn the death of the ML brand. All things end and we got quite a few really cool Marvel characters in the 6" scale. Of course I also look at it the same way I did after spending five years collecting 5" Toy Biz Marvel figures. I hate seeing it end but the future looks bright.

I was at the panel at comic con 08 when the question was asked about the 6" line. The question was answered as " WE ARE RETHINKING THE LINE AT THE PRESENT TIME".

The Hasbro panel didnt seem to be that excited about the line. They were more excited about the 3.75 line. They were all a buz about it like it was the second coming.

The panel was also asked about the 12" icons line and they said the two lines / last years lines would be the last of this line.

I asked if Storm would be made. I was told no it would not be. We had a chance to vote on it and we voted for Sunfire.

this 3.75 line is going to be bad-ass. i will continue to get both 6 inch and 3.75 scales cause IM BALLLLIINNN!!!!

i kind of regret taking my 6" figures out the pachage so im going to start a MIB collection with the 3.75. hopefulley, they have the same price guide prices as there 6" inch counterparts, that way i can buy all the colossus, deadpools, juggernauts on the shelves, just to make some people mad.

i think the 6 inchers are going away. Hasbro said at SDCC that keeping it going is a real challenge. They just aren't selling. They can make all the exclusives they want, but unless they improve their product, they won't sell either.

I mean, lots of people keep saying that they like the Hasbro figures just as much as Toybiz.. but I gotta believe if it was Toybiz that was making all these great characters that Hasbro has done, Marvel Legends would still be at the top of the toy mountain.

As for the smaller ones... The 25th Joes are very successful... I am not so sure about the small marvel figures. I actually like the arm articulation on the Marvel figures MUCH better than the Joes' stupid "Elbro." And the Marvel figures torso joint isn't ugly like the Joe one is. I will probably grab a few of them, but probably not ones that I already have from SuperHero showdown. I hope that these figures fit in with the Joes, that would just be common sense.

The 6" are going down hill. The hip articulation is really annoying. The ball jointed hip only attaches into the waist, not the crotch. Which means the legs cant move forwards backwards etc. They are also getting smaller and smaller and less 6".

I hope they don't completely take away 6'' figures completely. Really that is the best size IMO for figures. But yeah the hip joints suck. But it would kind of a terrible thing to quit making the 6'' line because they can't make a hip joint. Almost sounds like a conspiracy. "We can't make decent joints so instead we are just not going to make 6'' figures anymore."

6 inch figures are great for kids, but i havent gotten in to ML based on the fact all the other toylines that are my favorites are 3.75 inch.

i wish Playmates, Mattel and hasbro would make all DC and Marvel Characters in that scale.

Heck i still want a Accurate release of the Tumbler, and even the 90's Batmobile.

That won't happen if the lines are 6 inch. Id really love a Joe sized Iron Man to race agaisnt this Thunderwing F22 i have :P

Hasbro said they were going to shift their 6" line to two packs, and discontinue the BAF's. So don't worry Marvel fans, they'll be supplying both 6" and 3.75" figures for us all. Personally, I'm not that impressed so far with the Fury File Figures and I have a feeling that it'll take a few waves for them to hit their stride.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tell you what Hasbro is going to do to us.  All this time, they're going to just make it a rumor that the 6" line is ending, so they can continue pushing out the rest of the products they have available and people will still buy them.  Then when Toyfare comes around next year, they won't have any 6" toys on display.  That's how they'll do it.  They're gonna do their customers dirty!

Another thing, they still haven't made Jubilee or Dazzler.  WTF?!?!?!?

Because they SUCK!!!!!

"Maybe they will continue with 6" Marvel Legends...as long as these 3.75" figures don't make it. But the way a lot of fools are clamoring for them, it worries me."

What would make you think they won't make it?

There's going to be a lot of characters that won't get made in 6".Because it's been done to death.How many repaints are you willing to buy before you admit that this line is done already?Sadly,anyone freaking out about 3rd rate characters not being made is part of the group of fools in the 1% of the collecting world.

Hilarious that of all the Marvel Universe,the 1st 2 characters you could come up with are among the lamest(pretty much putting the nail in the coffin).Let's put it this way,all the characters that Hasbro could make money on are made already.

If somebody actually wants Jubilee,Dazzler or the Wrecking Crew for that matter,they could easily hit up a customizer instead of blasting Hasbro and everyone who welcomes the 3-3/4" line.

I've been collecting Legends since the beginning and i can easily admit that the 6" line has run it's course for lack of characters that people will pay $10-12 each for.

Bring on the Fury Files!!!!!!

• Like 1

Go to any board here and you'll find someone complaining about scale or figure selection. If (since it's only been heavily suggestested and never actually outright said) the 6" scale is done with oh well. Yeah it will suck that we didn't get "insert characters name here" but that's how it goes. Show me one toy line that is completely complete from a fanbase perspective. There just isn't one and the closest I think you'd ever come across is Star Wars.

I'd be a little annoyed with it my self because they are just starting to get looking decent again I actually want to buy hasbro figures by darn near complete waves for the first time ever ... & more importantly NOT just for the BAF figure!

You guys are dirty, man....dirty.  All the money I've put into these toys.  Am I the only one who's actually upset about what might happen?  F**K 3.75" figures.  Queer ass Star Wars sh*t.  They're just trying to be cheap.  "Hey, we've got all these Star Wars molds.  Why don't we see if we can make Marvel characters using some of them?"

You guys are dirty, man....dirty.  All the money I've put into these toys.  Am I the only one who's actually upset about what might happen?  F**K 3.75" figures.  Queer ass Star Wars sh*t.  They're just trying to be cheap.  "Hey, we've got all these Star Wars molds.  Why don't we see if we can make Marvel characters using some of them?"

Then I and a whole lot of others should stil be really pi$$ed about the switch from 5" to 6". It happens. Heck even a lot of the ML figures are wildly all over the place when it comes to scale.

Please,  we all know that the 5" figures from the '90s sucked balls.

And if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be where we are now. My basic point was that no line is ever complete and there will always be something new they can do to make figures look better (just look at the improvemnets that happened from TB ML wave one until now, specificly the Captain America's in wave 1, 8 and face off).