Snow Job's Laser Rifle

KamenDreda

Hey guys. I've always been a big fan of the old sunbow cartoon and I always tend to think with a cartoon mindset whe I'm "playing" Joes. As such I have always been a huge fan of the laser gun that all the joes from the toon carried around with them. So I twas thinking how cool would it be for ALL my 25th joes to be out fitted with that gun... Unfortunately I can oly find about 12 of them in my collection. Anyone have some spare guns they wouldn't mind shipping my way? If you can hook me up with a LOT of them (30 or more) I have 2 big plastic baggies full of random weapons and gear (JvC, SpyTroops, VvV, DTC era weapons) I wouldn't mind trading for them.

Just out of curiosity (and to try to avoid having this thread move to the trade forum @smilepunch@ ) what do you guys think about the laser rifles from the toon, aka snow job's gun? I personally have always loved his design.

I'll see what I have, but I just boxed up a lot of my stuff, so it might be a bit before I can find them in the chaos that is my house right now, so if someone else helps out first, by all means, jump on it.

I also use the cartoon laser rifle as one of my Joes' "standard" weapons, so several of them carry it (and I don't have any extras). My other two standard Joe guns are the M16a2 rifle and HK G36C commando rifle made by Marauder.

I'll see what I have, but I just boxed up a lot of my stuff, so it might be a bit before I can find them in the chaos that is my house right now, so if someone else helps out first, by all means, jump on it.

Thanks Joe! No rush. I'd appriciate whatever you can do!

I also use the cartoon laser rifle as one of my Joes' "standard" weapons, so several of them carry it (and I don't have any extras). My other two standard Joe guns are the M16a2 rifle and HK G36C commando rifle made by Marauder.

Cool. I'm not alone in my cartoon laser rifle obsession! :) I have been trying to figure out what sort of laser rifle i want to arm my Cobra troops with but i can't seem to find anything I'm crazy about. Marauder has some good stuff but I'm not really "in love" with any of their options. Any one have any suggestions? I love the cartoon rifles that came with Tomax and Xamot but as far as I know that rifle was only available with them. (I also think the same rifle came in brown with one of the DVD packs).

Just out of curiosity (and to try to avoid having this thread move to the trade forum @smilepunch@ ) what do you guys think about the laser rifles from the toon, aka snow job's gun? I personally have always loved his design.

I've always loved the "Snowjob Gun" too. As a kid, I never knew if it was a real weapon or something designed by Hasbro. I'm glad it's among the few to be carried over from the original line. Another plus for this gun is that I find its among the very few pieces that those much-reviled Duke arms can actually hold with both hands!

Cool. I'm not alone in my cartoon laser rifle obsession! :) I have been trying to figure out what sort of laser rifle i want to arm my Cobra troops with but i can't seem to find anything I'm crazy about. Marauder has some good stuff but I'm not really "in love" with any of their options. Any one have any suggestions? I love the cartoon rifles that came with Tomax and Xamot but as far as I know that rifle was only available with them. (I also think the same rifle came in brown with one of the DVD packs).

I also use the cartoon rifle as my Joe "default weapon" unless the figure came with something more appropriate to that character.

As for Cobra Troopers, I always thought they'd look cool with some AK-47's I never ordered anything from Maurader inc but I've been sorley tempted many a time.

webakw12.jpg

Sure, they're not cartoon acurate but I think they'd look good with them.

Yeah, I used to do that too after watching the original cartoon. i don't have any extras left though, sorry.

One thing that's always bothered me (semi-OT): I would've sworn I used to have a green Snowjob gun a long time ago, but have never been able to find another. It was the same color as Firefly's gun & phone. I never found anything on the Yojoe archives about one and it's driving me nuts. Does ayone have any idea what I'm talking about? (not trying to hijack your thread, KD. It just reminded me of this little 'unsolved mystery' of mine.)

I have some. By the way not a new member,I used to go by bekker. Couldnt get into my old account.

Would cast copys work also? I have both.

Are the cast copies decent? I think they'd be fine. How many you got? What do you want for them?

KD you're definitely not alone on this. I'm also a HUGE fan of the Sunbow Cartoon series...yes I know we are a rare bunch, and my play-style back when I was a kid followed the cartoon strongly.

I know a lot of fans like to portray G.I. Joe as very real and gritty, with the cussing and the killing/bloodshed but I liked the innocence back then. Nothing against G.I. Joe resolute, I think it's cool and a nice nod to those fans who like it hardcore!

Anyways, I love the Snowjob rifle, and while I'm a purist with my ARAH collection (figures have the accessories they were issued) I would definitely load up my 25A's with this rifle but the ARAH version of the rifle has the handle quite large which stretches the hands of my 25As. Hope they reissue a smaller version for these guys.

I know a lot of fans like to portray G.I. Joe as very real and gritty, with the cussing and the killing/bloodshed but I liked the innocence back then. Nothing against G.I. Joe resolute, I think it's cool and a nice nod to those fans who like it hardcore!

Every single one of my Joes and COBRAs is a lousy shot.

Every one.

Even when the broadside of a barn is the target.

But any ONE of them can grab an enemy by the belt, throw their foe into a crowd and knock 50 down in one go.

It has to be that way, it just has to.

Every single one of my Joes and COBRAs is a lousy shot.

Every one.

Even when the broadside of a barn is the target.

But any ONE of them can grab an enemy by the belt, throw their foe into a crowd and knock 50 down in one go.

It has to be that way, it just has to.

I think I understand where you're coming from, each one of my joes are able to pilot any land, sea, or air vehicle in the motor pool!

And the only casualties of war I have are heaps and heaps of blown up BATS - that's honest to goodness G.I. Joe to me! :)

The cast copys are great, the plastic we use is on par to hasbros. I can work something out,just pm me,cool?

when you say "we" who is we and can you make me mass amounts of 86 viper heads? @firedevil@

anyway. i like that little gun too, but i now lean more towards using m16s for my gi joes just because it looks more real and i have more of them to go around.

ive been collecting that gun for years now. its my favorite weapon in all of joedom. i grew up on the cartoon and didnt get into the comics til i was much much older. the first extra one i got i gave it to my gung ho figure to replace the one they melted with the mass device ;) i have a ton of them. vintage and new but i dont think i could part with any cause i freaking love em!

TM