Downey Jr.: 'The Dark Knight Is Too Smart For Me'

Wheeljack35

Now your talking Ccav!!! I love it when people keep it real. dhoonib, once again I feel you've chimed in with a good pice of logic. DJR mostly likly is under a sort of "gag order" not to give TDK any more press than it already has.

But what I don't get are the people who say they don't "get" TDK. I mean what's not to get??? In these days none of us are total stranger to terorizum, demestic of forgin. & to me its pretty clear the Joker manipulates both the greedy & the insane to cause as much terror as humanly possible.

I could get all professional here w/alot of talk about the Joker's actions reflect a black soul, but I thought most of us here knew that already. But! that's just me for you. I love movies that make you think on multipul levels. Its how I stay sharp as the Gov tried to "hood wink" its people.

When I watch a movie called "Fracture" staring Anthony Hoppkins, I was so proud of myself for having cracked the entire case a mear 20mins in to the film (the last clue is when he at the opra & get the bullistics report on the gun).

But TDK is very straight forward in terms of plot. how ever the starts are the only complex elements in the film IMO. Bruce, who's already a broken & changed man after witnessing his parents murder. & GOD ONLY KNOWS what the hell happen to the Joker to send him down the path of total & unredeemable insanity!!

I wanna commit a crime..................its just that good!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I suggest you don't openly say you will flame another

would you rather the diamondback rattlers of your world be without their RATTLES! Dude got a fair warning of the firestorm he was about to walk in to.

Normaly I just blast ignorant people like that with out a moments notice.....................i guess the Queen's getting soft in her old age.

Wow. I didn't know you were a lady since I always glance at your screen name and mistake it as "Super McQueen." My bad.

Iron man was a great movie

Dake Knight was a even greater Movie.

Downey JR. is lucky he got a role.

Tropic Thunder is bad comedy... add Will Ferrel and you could have a catastrophe.

l seen the film and l agree that it is not as funny as it was hyped.

Now your talking Ccav!!! I love it when people keep it real. dhoonib, once again I feel you've chimed in with a good pice of logic. DJR mostly likly is under a sort of "gag order" not to give TDK any more press than it already has.

But what I don't get are the people who say they don't "get" TDK. I mean what's not to get??? In these days none of us are total stranger to terorizum, demestic of forgin. & to me its pretty clear the Joker manipulates both the greedy & the insane to cause as much terror as humanly possible.

I could get all professional here w/alot of talk about the Joker's actions reflect a black soul, but I thought most of us here knew that already. But! that's just me for you. I love movies that make you think on multipul levels. Its how I stay sharp as the Gov tried to "hood wink" its people.

When I watch a movie called "Fracture" staring Anthony Hoppkins, I was so proud of myself for having cracked the entire case a mear 20mins in to the film (the last clue is when he at the opra & get the bullistics report on the gun).

But TDK is very straight forward in terms of plot. how ever the starts are the only complex elements in the film IMO. Bruce, who's already a broken & changed man after witnessing his parents murder. & GOD ONLY KNOWS what the hell happen to the Joker to send him down the path of total & unredeemable insanity!!

I wanna commit a crime..................its just that good!

Well personally if you are going to attack the movie going after its more cerebral elements is the easiest way. Its not just the straightforward comic/action movie we are used to. Its the Godfather of comic movies. Its in there with Goodfellas (not as funny but still a great multi-layered movie) and Heat, and other great crime movies and since you can''t attack the movie's acting (since it was great by everyone) without people starting to say "Hey RDJ hates Heath Ledger!" (b/c that is one its down to, you hate the acting you hate the Joker). I think that is the only way he could attack the movie without looking like an idiot (by making himself look like an idiot if that makes sense). I think RDJ is just trying to keep people from forgetting about Iron Man and Marvel and how he needs to get his ass out there to do some press for Tropic Thunder and Iron Man dvd which is coming out next month. Since the world is wrapped up in a TDK frenzy he is trying to remind us of the other million dollar comic book movie of this year. Which even though I love TDK and think RDJ is acting nuts for trying to attack it I'm still buying Iron Man next month.

Jack black is not funny. he's just big & loud & WAY over animated.

RDJ wasn't makeing a joke that I could see. The man is just jelious that his "come back" movie is being dwarfed by TDK. RDJ also played in "Good Night & Good Luck" & yes I've already seen the for mentioned movies with him in it. Scanner Darkly was cool, but how could he not do good in that kind of film.

Its practiculy autobiographical!

If you think anyone is "jealous" that their movie made $300+ million while another made $400+, you're either insane or an idiot.

They were both highly successful films. Yeah, TDK may be wildly successful, but its' success doesn't hurt Downey's career or livelihood in the least. Did you "see" him make the statement, or just read the text of the article? Since, y'know, print doesn't exactly convey tone of voice, facial expression, or any of the other things that imply a "joke" particularly well. Even then, it isn't like say, Downey's particularly known for deadpan humor, either. Oh wait....He is! Hell, even if it's an honest opinion...who cares? Here's an absolute fact for the fanboys: THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT DIDN'T LIKE THE DARK KNIGHT. You know what? Most of them didn't like it for perfectly valid reasons. You might not agree with them, but believe it or not, they have every right to not like it, and it doesn't make them idiots, unintelligent, or otherwise "defective" for doing so.

Seriously, you got your virtual panties in a bunch over something that ultimately means nothing. Both movies were big hits, and neither "stole any thunder" from the other. Iron Man was practically out of theaters by the time TDK hit anyway.

(PS: I liked The Dark Knight just fine, but I don't think it was the flawless masterpiece some people try to make it out to be)

Well no one said it was flawless, there is no such thing as a flawless film and as far as it being a master piece, well that is

subjective to each individual. I'm just wondering why blow up over what a few people think? Not all quote on quote fanboys

think that what RDJ said was out of spite or jealousy, and then again it could have been, point is why generalize especially

based off a few responses in this thread? Everyone has different taste in films and no one was calling anyone an idiot or unintelligent.

for not liking TDK, despite the fact that it wasn't hard to follow. Its also not surprising that TDK does have its share of over zealous

fanboys, but on the flip side it also has its share of bashers that only want to bash and criticise the film because its fashionable. I even

heard someone claim it was the worst film ever which is absurd.

Tropic Thunder is bad comedy... add Will Ferrel and you could have a catastrophe.

I don't know what you were expecting but to me it was pretty damn funny. Downey Jr. stole the show.

Ok now all together........................I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!! This film screams wack & gimmick! RDJ doesn't have the chops to pull off roles like the leads in TDK.

So all he left with is making passive agressive snide remarks just like that Anderson chick from the X Files movie "boo hoo, TDK stole all our viewers" blah blah blah. I supose next "The Mummy" will cry fowel LOL!

Ok now all together........................I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!! This film screams wack & gimmick! RDJ doesn't have the chops to pull off roles like the leads in TDK.

So all he left with is making passive agressive snide remarks just like that Anderson chick from the X Files movie "boo hoo, TDK stole all our viewers" blah blah blah. I supose next "The Mummy" will cry fowel LOL!

Did you see Tropic Thunder?

Yeah, because the opinions of two people on the internet clearly form a concensus of the entire population.

Please.

And yes, Downey has the "chops" to play just about any role in TDK that isn't Batman/Bruce Wayne (and he's only inappropriate for that because of his general temperament and appearance). He's one of the best actors in the business. He'd likely do a phenomenal job as anyone Nolan would care to cast him as in a Batman film (Hmmm, Downey Jr. as the Riddler?). Not that it'll likely happen, but even so.

I'm not sure why certain folks feel that they have to "tear down" something/someone else to "pump up" the other. Iron Man and Dark Knight were both good films. TDK was better, sure, but that doesn't mean Iron Man is "bad". Likewise the cast of both films was pretty darn good in their roles, though both had weaker links (Terence Howard in Iron Man, Maggie Gyllenhal in TDK).

You're allowed to like (or not like) both of them, really, you are!

Yeah, because the opinions of two people on the internet clearly form a concensus of the entire population.

Please.

And yes, Downey has the "chops" to play just about any role in TDK that isn't Batman/Bruce Wayne (and he's only inappropriate for that because of his general temperament and appearance). He's one of the best actors in the business. He'd likely do a phenomenal job as anyone Nolan would care to cast him as in a Batman film (Hmmm, Downey Jr. as the Riddler?). Not that it'll likely happen, but even so.

I'm not sure why certain folks feel that they have to "tear down" something/someone else to "pump up" the other. Iron Man and Dark Knight were both good films. TDK was better, sure, but that doesn't mean Iron Man is "bad". Likewise the cast of both films was pretty darn good in their roles, though both had weaker links (Terence Howard in Iron Man, Maggie Gyllenhal in TDK).

You're allowed to like (or not like) both of them, really, you are!

i agree. ironman was great....and downey is a good actor

haha TDK did not steal any viewers from Scully and Mulder. I saw the X-Files movie and it sucks. It really did. Boring, slow, bad mystery, and the worst part Scully has not changed at all. After over ten years together you would think she would start seeing Mulder's POV but no she is just as skeptical as ever. I liked several eps from the tv show but gees Idk how after seeing all the stuff she was suppose to have seen over the years she could still deny aliens and whatnot. Bad and lazy writing makes a bad movie. TDK didn't steal viewers away it saved them, like a hero should, from a big budget pile of crap. God Bless You Batman!

haha TDK did not steal any viewers from Scully and Mulder. I saw the X-Files movie and it sucks. It really did. Boring, slow, bad mystery, and the worst part Scully has not changed at all. After over ten years together you would think she would start seeing Mulder's POV but no she is just as skeptical as ever. I liked several eps from the tv show but gees Idk how after seeing all the stuff she was suppose to have seen over the years she could still deny aliens and whatnot. Bad and lazy writing makes a bad movie. TDK didn't steal viewers away it saved them, like a hero should, from a big budget pile of crap. God Bless You Batman!

that is stupid. "hey, i seen 100 aliens, 50 ghost, and a yettie, and im still as nieve as i was when i started"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN! & for the person who asked if I saw Tropic Thunder, the answer is NO! I don't have to eat poop to know it taste like..........POOP! in other words I'm REALY REALY good at spotting a wack movie.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN! & for the person who asked if I saw Tropic Thunder, the answer is NO! I don't have to eat poop to know it taste like..........POOP! in other words I'm REALY REALY good at spotting a wack movie.

thats funny. i feel you on that one.

Well Im new around here, but I figured I would add my 2 cents. I agree with RDJ for the most part. And Im going to put up a few spoilers for anyone who hasnt seen the movie. You can stop reading now and go back under your rock lol.

There was about an hour and a half of TDK that was slow, boring, and ultimatly pointless. Nearly 20 minutes was wasted to set up a rather lame action scene where Batman goes to China and abducts a man. Batman would never do this. Its a crime. None of that made any sense. The Gotham PD decides they have no jurisdiction in China, So they send Batman. Serioulsy WTF? To make it worse this scene, as well as all the others involving the abductee, have no bearing on the overal plot of the movie. Yes you could argue that he was stealing the money from mob. But honestly that could have been anyone. Why send Batman to China? Wasnt there any tall buildings in Gotham he could have jumped off of? Obvioulsy that is my biggest gripe with the movie but there are a few others.

At the end of Batman begins, Batman is handed a Joker card and we all know the Joker is coming. Batman says he will look into it. Scarecrow is on the run. Seemingly out of his mind from the fear toxin. But as TDK begins its a year later. Batman dosnt seem to know anything about the Joker, and Scarecrow is still loose. Granted Scarecrow is delt with in the first few minutes. But it wouldnt have taken a year for Batman to find him. Gotham isnt that big. Same with the Joker. Oh heres this crazy maniac ont he loose dressed like a clown and killing lots and lots of people. Robbing banks and so on. But Batman is more concerned with just slowly picking away at the mob. For a year he lets this go on, untill the Joker makes it personal. Batman fights crime in general, not just the mob. There is no way Batman would have let Joker run around doing what he does for a whole year.

One last thing, Batman killed. Again. Batman dosnt kill. Its like the one thing about the character that you can not change. Yes I know in the comics Batman started out killing bad guys, but once the character got develpoed more, that was forgotten and the basic rule of Batman was estalished. He dosnt kill. I could live with what happened to Ras in begins. But here he flat out kills Two face. He saves the Joker who over the corse of the movie kills more people than Polio, but Two Face who hadnt really done anything, he kills. Why? There were at least 10 other options he Batman would have had. Thats what Batman does. Hes never without a plan. Just tackeling a guy off a building is what I would call not having a plan. And to add to that, how did Two Face die? He only fell like 20 feet onto soft dirt. He landed flat on his back. He should have just had the wind knocked out of him. But no Hes dead. If they had to kill him, couldnt they have thought of a better way? ANd have Batman become the bad guy at the end? They cought the Joke,r blame him for destroying Harvy Dent. He did it after all. They cought him so its not like anyone would blame them for not doing anything. I guess its better to have a would be murderer running around the city rather than just putting the blame on the real murderer who is already locked up. That just makes no sense. Like the city is going to fall apart if they find out Harvey Dent was Killed by the Joker? And yes I look at Harvey and Two Face as 2 seperate characters.

Now I know people are going to jump to conclusions and think I hate the movie. I dont. I like it a lot. But a lot of people seem to think this is the greatest movie ever made, and its far from it. I appreciate them trying to make a crime movie that just happens to have Batman in it. That is a fantastic idea. They just didnt pull it off imo. For me and apparantly RDJ there was a lot of head scratchign going on during this movie. as well as some yawning whenever Joker Batman or Har vey/Two Face wernt on screen. Iron Man was better :P

Well Im new around here, but I figured I would add my 2 cents. I agree with RDJ for the most part. And Im going to put up a few spoilers for anyone who hasnt seen the movie. You can stop reading now and go back under your rock lol.

There was about an hour and a half of TDK that was slow, boring, and ultimatly pointless. Nearly 20 minutes was wasted to set up a rather lame action scene where Batman goes to China and abducts a man. Batman would never do this. Its a crime. None of that made any sense. The Gotham PD decides they have no jurisdiction in China, So they send Batman. Serioulsy WTF? To make it worse this scene, as well as all the others involving the abductee, have no bearing on the overal plot of the movie. Yes you could argue that he was stealing the money from mob. But honestly that could have been anyone. Why send Batman to China? Wasnt there any tall buildings in Gotham he could have jumped off of? Obvioulsy that is my biggest gripe with the movie but there are a few others.

At the end of Batman begins, Batman is handed a Joker card and we all know the Joker is coming. Batman says he will look into it. Scarecrow is on the run. Seemingly out of his mind from the fear toxin. But as TDK begins its a year later. Batman dosnt seem to know anything about the Joker, and Scarecrow is still loose. Granted Scarecrow is delt with in the first few minutes. But it wouldnt have taken a year for Batman to find him. Gotham isnt that big. Same with the Joker. Oh heres this crazy maniac ont he loose dressed like a clown and killing lots and lots of people. Robbing banks and so on. But Batman is more concerned with just slowly picking away at the mob. For a year he lets this go on, untill the Joker makes it personal. Batman fights crime in general, not just the mob. There is no way Batman would have let Joker run around doing what he does for a whole year.

One last thing, Batman killed. Again. Batman dosnt kill. Its like the one thing about the character that you can not change. Yes I know in the comics Batman started out killing bad guys, but once the character got develpoed more, that was forgotten and the basic rule of Batman was estalished. He dosnt kill. I could live with what happened to Ras in begins. But here he flat out kills Two face. He saves the Joker who over the corse of the movie kills more people than Polio, but Two Face who hadnt really done anything, he kills. Why? There were at least 10 other options he Batman would have had. Thats what Batman does. Hes never without a plan. Just tackeling a guy off a building is what I would call not having a plan. And to add to that, how did Two Face die? He only fell like 20 feet onto soft dirt. He landed flat on his back. He should have just had the wind knocked out of him. But no Hes dead. If they had to kill him, couldnt they have thought of a better way? ANd have Batman become the bad guy at the end? They cought the Joke,r blame him for destroying Harvy Dent. He did it after all. They cought him so its not like anyone would blame them for not doing anything. I guess its better to have a would be murderer running around the city rather than just putting the blame on the real murderer who is already locked up. That just makes no sense. Like the city is going to fall apart if they find out Harvey Dent was Killed by the Joker? And yes I look at Harvey and Two Face as 2 seperate characters.

Now I know people are going to jump to conclusions and think I hate the movie. I dont. I like it a lot. But a lot of people seem to think this is the greatest movie ever made, and its far from it. I appreciate them trying to make a crime movie that just happens to have Batman in it. That is a fantastic idea. They just didnt pull it off imo. For me and apparantly RDJ there was a lot of head scratchign going on during this movie. as well as some yawning whenever Joker Batman or Har vey/Two Face wernt on screen. Iron Man was better :P

1st. EVERYTHING about bats is illegal.(hes a vigilante)

2nd. the abductee is the link between the mob. bats would definatly go and get a criminal of that importance.

3rd. everything has to be explained. setting up was 20 mins that was worth it.

he didnt kill two-face. but having several wounds led him to make a decision...two face or the boy.(good call by bats)

i can disect this...but its not worth it. oh yeah....dropping 200lbs from 20ft makes a hard thump!

pooda I never said that RDJ was a bad actor, just that I don't think he has the acting chops to take on a role as deep & complex as the Joker (Ledger's version that is). But if it makes you feel any better I think he might be able to pull of a Nickelson Joker.

Oh yeah, Barrack. I felt the need to confess & get the record straight. Now it is true that I have uncanny skills at spotting crap movies from the movies that will change cinnimatc history (i.e. 1st time I saw Crash's trailer in theators, it grabbed my soul & I knew then & there I must see this film.)

BUT! every once in 10,000 great blue moons I will screw up & pass on what would later become a movie icon for all ages (i.e. Fight Club. When I head about it I blew it off as just another lame ass "blood sport" re-hash. but when I was given a copy of it 2years ago WOW WEE!!!!!!! boy-o-boy was I ever wrong!)

But like I said, its not very offten I screw up & the thought of ignoring my "built in early warning crap movie sensors" just because I might miss that one in 10,000 is just too much for me. Besides if the film REALY is that good it always makes its way back to me. After all that's how I found out Fight Club was so great.

& finaly jmacq1, hello. Just because me & another member happen to be in agrement dose not make me think we make up the entire world population. hay man it is what is that's all. its just a friendly convo about a drunk who shot his mouth off at the wrong damn movie, that's all. But I'm glad to see your still with us, just maby loosen the neck tie just a tad *smile*

2nd. the abductee is the link between the mob. bats would definatly go and get a criminal of that importance.

he didnt kill two-face. but having several wounds led him to make a decision...two face or the boy.(good call by bats)

i can disect this...but its not worth it. oh yeah....dropping 200lbs from 20ft makes a hard thump!

Bats may be a vigilante but he opperates for the most part within the law. There were otherways to get him. Just because the GPD couldnt didnt automatically meen Batman HAD to do it. The buildup for the scene being worth it is a matter of opinion. In my opinion seeing batman pulled out of a window by a plane wasnt worth the wait. Id rather have seen him investigating the Joker. Something important to the overall movie. They wasted a lot of time with the Mob when ultimatly they did nothing for the overall story. And yes he killed Two face. If he wasnt dead then the whole Batman being the bad guy plan would fail. They set him up for the murder of Harvey Dent. If there is a villain running around with half of Harveys face then obviously Batman didnt kill him, and there is no reason for him to become the bad guy. And if there was another reason for Batman to become the bad guy then please explain it to me. If Batman didnt kill him then Gordon had ot put a bullet in his head as Batman ran away. And no the fall wouldnt have killed him. They already established that he didnt feel pain like normal with his refusal of pain killers. So I doubt he would have felt much of anythign from the fall. And again he landed on soft dirt. And flat onhis back. Watch wrestling sometime, those guys fall off 20 foot ladders and land on concrete and they are fine. hell I fell nearly 30 foot out of a tree when i was 12 and landed on big rock, and I was fine after I woke up.

Bats may be a vigilante but he opperates for the most part within the law. There were otherways to get him. Just because the GPD couldnt didnt automatically meen Batman HAD to do it. The buildup for the scene being worth it is a matter of opinion. In my opinion seeing batman pulled out of a window by a plane wasnt worth the wait. Id rather have seen him investigating the Joker. Something important to the overall movie. They wasted a lot of time with the Mob when ultimatly they did nothing for the overall story. And yes he killed Two face. If he wasnt dead then the whole Batman being the bad guy plan would fail. They set him up for the murder of Harvey Dent. If there is a villain running around with half of Harveys face then obviously Batman didnt kill him, and there is no reason for him to become the bad guy. And if there was another reason for Batman to become the bad guy then please explain it to me. If Batman didnt kill him then Gordon had ot put a bullet in his head as Batman ran away. And no the fall wouldnt have killed him. They already established that he didnt feel pain like normal with his refusal of pain killers. So I doubt he would have felt much of anythign from the fall. And again he landed on soft dirt. And flat onhis back. Watch wrestling sometime, those guys fall off 20 foot ladders and land on concrete and they are fine. hell I fell nearly 30 foot out of a tree when i was 12 and landed on big rock, and I was fine after I woke up.

First of all there is no way in hell that Gordon could blame Joker when Batman and Dent was both there at the site. That would be like saying "Hey guys, you, me and Pooda was all at the circus. Even though I let the elephant loose lets blame Santa Claus." Also in the script book for the movie Two-Face landed and broke his neck. And if memory servers they landed on gravel not dirt. Sorry you landed on a big rock but Dent is dead. I personally loved the movie and didn't think that twenty mins was wasted. The mob was an essential element and getting Lau back (who was the accountent) was something important to the story as well as the Joker wanting him dead as well. And yes Dent being the bad guy would break the city, they believed him, they trusted him, he is a bright light in a dark, dark town. That is why Batman had to take the blame he is the only one who can save the city and be hunted by everyone. I like Iron Man but I have stated before that Iron Man is a comic action movie and TDK is a crime movie. Its a movie you can't just wait for the action scenes you got to pay close attention to. Sorry you didn't like it but most the world did.

I don't know what you were expecting but to me it was pretty damn funny. Downey Jr. stole the show.

l was expectin it to be funny like the viral video. Most of the time, it was pretty boring. I began to really laugh near the end of the movie, which is not a good sign.

l think the film based most of the humor on mentally disabled ppl, which doesn't seem to work for me. Other parts like *spoiler* Tom Cruise dancing *end spoiler has been seen before on the BET channel. However, this is my opinion.

Down ey is good in the film, but I didn't laugh at most of his lines. Sorry

that is stupid. "hey, i seen 100 aliens, 50 ghost, and a yettie, and im still as nieve as i was when i started"

I know right, it is so stupid to me how she can be on the show and the movies and keep pretending that the junk don't exist. Mulder was abducted by aliens at least twice and she still don't believe that aliens exist. Its like damn what you think he is doing? Traveling around in a bright light for the hell out it? No, he is being looked at by gray dudes with big heads and prolly getting probed and maybe losing part of his kidneys but lets just pretend it didn't happen. TDK kicked X-Files ass, Scully can shut her mouth!

Dont get me wrong, RDJ is a phenominal Actor... but with his occasional drug problems he is lucky to get a chance at good flicks anymore.

I hope this is his wake up call, To me TDK was more of a "Godfather" movie.. nearly a perfect story with great entertainment. Iron Man was more of just a great entertainment flick not as serious or as story driven as special effects and action.

two different movies.. apples to oranges.

RDJ could play any character you told him to play, but i think he will be busy enough with the Marvel Franchise to deal with DC wanting in. Lets keep these guys only playing one person from the storys.

No confusion needed.

Fisto1 I think it was you who said "Batman operates with in the limits of the law". Well I gotta go with pooda's take on that one. Batman does adhear to the fundamental principals of "Law & punishment", but he know that Gothem must 1st be gutted & referbished with honest people to hold Office like Dent.

Which is why Bats & Gordon knew it was vital for him to take the wrap for the homiside. Hell if you wanna split hairs then even Gordon was a criminal at that point. Tampering with evidance, fileing false homiside reports. But everything Bats, Gordon & Dent did was for the greater good. For a short while they watched each other's back making sure the other stayed honest & not start to abuse power & lee way.

Now for this business about Bats going to Japan to snag a crime boss. WHY THE HELL NOT! or to be more accrate maby the real question we need to ask our selves is why does Batman do what he does & what's he's agenda? The answers are simple. He does what he does to avenge his parents, & his agenda is to sterilize Gothem of crime & coruption. If you remember the movie right, u'll know that The Joker was such a formatable foe for bats, because Joker is pure caos & mayhem.

Up till then Bats knew the standard criminal's mind (& I guess that's what Joker ment by "giving this town a better class of criminal"). We don't know what the Joker's activity was like in this year time span that Bats 1st knew of him. But even in the mist of Joker terrorizing the city, Bats is always looking to rid Gothem of crime. & the best way of doing that is wip out there money.

I'd say Batman & the Joker did a hell of a job of doing that! To understand the movie correctly you must 1st understand Batman/Bruce Wayne. & let's be real here people, there have already been FIVE MAJOR MOTION FILMS establishing who & what Batman is. If your not on board & up to speed by now, then I don't know what to tell you!!!

Fisto1 I think it was you who said "Batman operates with in the limits of the law". Well I gotta go with pooda's take on that one. Batman does adhear to the fundamental principals of "Law & punishment", but he know that Gothem must 1st be gutted & referbished with honest people to hold Office like Dent.

Which is why Bats & Gordon knew it was vital for him to take the wrap for the homiside. Hell if you wanna split hairs then even Gordon was a criminal at that point. Tampering with evidance, fileing false homiside reports. But everything Bats, Gordon & Dent did was for the greater good. For a short while they watched each other's back making sure the other stayed honest & not start to abuse power & lee way.

Now for this business about Bats going to Japan to snag a crime boss. WHY THE HELL NOT! or to be more accrate maby the real question we need to ask our selves is why does Batman do what he does & what's he's agenda? The answers are simple. He does what he does to avenge his parents, & his agenda is to sterilize Gothem of crime & coruption. If you remember the movie right, u'll know that The Joker was such a formatable foe for bats, because Joker is pure caos & mayhem.

Up till then Bats knew the standard criminal's mind (& I guess that's what Joker ment by "giving this town a better class of criminal"). We don't know what the Joker's activity was like in this year time span that Bats 1st knew of him. But even in the mist of Joker terrorizing the city, Bats is always looking to rid Gothem of crime. & the best way of doing that is wip out there money.

I'd say Batman & the Joker did a hell of a job of doing that! To understand the movie correctly you must 1st understand Batman/Bruce Wayne. & let's be real here people, there have already been FIVE MAJOR MOTION FILMS establishing who & what Batman is. If your not on board & up to speed by now, then I don't know what to tell you!!!

it was pretty dumb to say bats wouldnt go to hong kong, when hes been alot further. the chinese guy was the link be tween everyones motives(bats/police wanted him, he had ALL of the mobs money/info, and joker wanted to kill him because he was a squeeler/punk, and MR. NAPIER JUST DIDNT LIKE HIM.) the crazy thing is, people try to compare this flick to Ironman. like someone said....apples and oranges. OH....and i read him saying something about the mob.....dude....they were the gas that fueled the main characters(bats, dent, gordon, daws, mr. hong kong, and the joker.....all of their reasons revolved around the crime/mob)

dhoonib, Thank you for explaining how Two Face died. Seriously. I didnt read the book, or the script, but in the movie he seems to have landed flat on his back. And they may have landed on gravel, but to me it looked like dark dirt. The fact that it wasnt mentioned in the movie that he broke his neck still leaves me to question it though. You see int he movie they dont actually say hes dead, but the way the end goes he has to be dead. By the way the book for Batman forever made it seem like the greatest movie ever, but boy was it just not. And after Batman and Robins book made it seem like an actual good movie, I stoped reading book adaptations of movies. The book is always better lol. And I already said I liked the movie. It is a great movie. But just because I like something dosnt meen I cant pick at it. I still wear my Why so serious shirt at least once a week. And about the X-Files thing, Scully never actually saw any Aliens. She saw a lot of wierd thigns over the cours eof the show, but most oculd be explained as genetic mutations and other random acts of science gone wrong. In th emovie she just had the same stance she always had, her mind is open to it but she needs to actually see it before she can belive it. She now works as a Doctor, what she always wanted to do. Shes older, and just dosnt want to go back to a life that constantly made her question her faith. Or a life that took her son away. But thats got nothing to do with TDK lol.

SUPREMEQUEEN, I understand Batman/Bruce Wayne perfectly. And seriously if you consider the first four Batman movies the deffinition of the character then well I dont know what to tell you lol.

Pooda I dont appreciate being called dumb when Im just stating my opinion. I didnt come here to start a fight. And now I task you with naming one instance where in the comics, cartoons or movies( Before TDK.) where batman went to a forigen country and brought a forigen citizen back to Gotham to go to jail. If you can find one then I will concede the point about him going to China. But I dont think you will. Im not talking about something he has done wiht the Justice League where they go to another planet or something. Or going to another country and sending someone to jail there. I meen going to another ocuntry to bring a citizen of siad country back to Gotham to go to jail. If there was a criminal of such great importance where somehting like this would be considered then the government would have to do it. Otherwise they wouldnt be able to even hold Lau in prison legally. This makes Batman and especially Gordon look just as dirty as the criminals. And the plane he used, the Chinese government could easily track it back to him, or it would have been shot down when it entered Chinese airspace. This wasnt a stealth jet like the batwing. And he wasnt going into some backwoods country to get Lau. He was in a huge city. And your crazy if you think any city in any country in the world would let a plane fly that close to buildings after 9/11. There are so many problems with that scene. But please Pooda, Im not trying to fight with you, I meent what I said about finding an instance of this in Batmans past.