WHY DCUC will be CANCELED

CLAM

While yes Mattel is going through the growing pains of giving us a quality 6" line, they are trying to make adjustments as they go. At my count, Orion, Penguin, Detective Batman, Red Tornado, Harley Quinn, Aquaman, Black Manta, Firestorm, and Electric Superman all came with accesories. With Walmart picking the line up, I'm sure Mattel will start to crank the waves out with more regularity.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the line is doing great. Mattel explained the delay with series 2 because of them switching to a new company. The case ratios are good, only one duplicate in a case is really good.

agreed.

I don't post here so much anymore so I hope I'm still allowed!! First, I'd like to say Superman Blue is cool!

In any case, I've never really had an issue with paint apps from Mattel. At all. I've usually been pleased, but am glad they are looking into it for those of you that have had issues. I just want the plastic to be high quality.

Articulation? Same as it's always been, perfect. Or near perfect. I never liked the "Let's cram as much articulation into a figure as we can" attitude at Toy Biz. These guys can move and maintain the sculpt/appearance.

Price? Just that time for prices to go up on many items.

Accessories? Not sure what you mean here. Even Firestorm came with those cool atomic wrist pieces. Wait til you get Deathstroke. If a character should have an accessory, his figure has had it so far.

Just my two cents. I'm all about some new molds and longevity. I want the line to keep trucking. Look at the upcoming waves, some great pieces are in there.

For anyone who expressed that they haven't been able to fine these, Big Bad Toy Store has the wave 1 and 2 cases in stock for 64.99 and 69.99, respectively, ao they are still available at a decent price. If you're looking to get them, pick them up now before wave 3 and 4 hit, as they'll most likely pick up some new collector's once they start appearing at Walmart.

For anyone who expressed that they haven't been able to fine these, Big Bad Toy Store has the wave 1 and 2 cases in stock for 64.99 and 69.99, respectively, ao they are still available at a decent price. If you're looking to get them, pick them up now before wave 3 and 4 hit, as they'll most likely pick up some new collector's once they start appearing at Walmart.

thats good.. I wouldn't mind picking up a case of wave 2... but then how would I make sure that I get figures with good paint? The DCUC figures have surprisingly sloppy paint, which I dont remember being a problem with the DCSH figures.

and also, what would I do with those electric supermen figures I hate? lol

Clam34 states: 1. There is no way these figures are worth 12 bucks. (no articulation, no accessories, lack of paint).

Sorry bud, you lost all credibility with this one alone!

"no articulation"? Then how come DCUC Slade is able to do this pose while the DCD version can't! I believe you meant DCD has no articulation.

DCUCSladeDCDSlade4.jpg

Why can DCUC Slade hold this pose with a shotgun while this is the best I can get out of DCD Slade?

DCUCSladeDCDSlade3.jpg

Lack of POA? Then why can DCUC wave 1 Bats do this pose?

BatsvsNinja14.jpg

No accesories? Have you seen that Slade comes with 4 freakin weapons!

Far as scale issues are concerned, the only 2 major issues have been Lobo & Sinestro. I'm not gonna freak out cuz Orion is the same scale as Bats. Orion is around 6'3-6'4 while Bats is 6'2 in the comics, not a huge size difference. Now if Orion was 7 ft tall in the comics, that'd be an issue.

Far as I'm concerned, characters in the 6'2-6'4 scale can be the same size as figs, not gonna be a deal breaker for me. Now when they make Martian Manhunter, he's gotta be at least half a head taller than Bats, Supes, etc cuz he's 6'7 in the comics & Jonn being the same scale as Bats, GL , Flash, etc, just won't cut it!

Based on DCD's pathetic showing or should I say lack of showing, at SDCC, the title of this topic should be, "why DCD will be cancelled".

Clam34 states: 1. There is no way these figures are worth 12 bucks. (no articulation, no accessories, lack of paint).

"no articulation"? Then how come DCUC Slade is able to do this pose while the DCD version can't! I believe you meant DCD has no articulation.

DCUCSladeDCDSlade4.jpg

Why can DCUC Slade hold this pose with a shotgun while this is the best I can get out of DCD Slade?

DCUCSladeDCDSlade3.jpg

BatsvsNinja14.jpg

Far as scale issues are concerned, the only 2 major issues have been Lobo & Sinestro. I'm not gonna freak out cuz Orion is the same scale as Bats. Orion is around 6'3-6'4 while Bats is 6'2 in the comics, not a huge size difference. Now if Orion was 7 ft tall in the comics, that'd be an issue.

Far as I'm concerned, characters in the 6'2-6'4 scale can be the same size as figs, not gonna be a deal breaker for me. Now when they make Martian Manhunter, he's gotta be at least half a head taller than Bats, Supes, etc cuz he's 6'7 in the comics & Jonn being the same scale as Bats, GL , Flash, etc, just won't cut it!

Based on DCD's pathetic showing or should I say lack of showing, at SDCC, the title of this topic should be, "why DCD will be cancelled".

slade without his mask looks really slick. DCD figs suck for the most part.

DCUCSladeDCDSlade4.jpg

Where did those sweet dio backgrounds come from? WWE?

i too would like to know.

Thanos, where'd you get that soldier on the ground? I'd like a little squad of them.

As for people looking for Wave 2, don't go online now is my advice. The other half of Wave 2 with Firestorm variant is coming. You will get a chance to get them in stores!!

Wave 3 looks great, between that and The Dark Knight, I'd really like to see new fans happily hop on board. It's a fun line. Very fun.

Thanos, where'd you get that soldier on the ground? I'd like a little squad of them.

That is a PLAN B Special Forces SWAT figure. They can still be had through various means--mostly on-line.

The company also had some on their web-site, I placed an order last year with no problems.

DCUCSladeDCDSlade4.jpg

DCUCSladeDCDSlade3.jpg

BatsvsNinja14.jpg

did that shot gun come with your slade? mine looks like a machine gun

Hey guys. No, that's a shotgun that I can't remember where I got it. The background is from a WWE diorama set called 'House of pain". Got it of ebay a yr ago.

Where you at clam34? Plz post some great awesome pics of higly articulated DCD figs in some cool action poses plz?

About the only line that surpasses DCUC in terms of POA is SOTA's street fighter line, I believe ML has the same if not a few less POA than DCUC.

Hey guys. No, that's a shotgun that I can't remember where I got it. The background is from a WWE diorama set called 'House of pain". Got it of ebay a yr ago.

Where you at clam34? Plz post some great awesome pics of higly articulated DCD figs in some cool action poses plz?

About the only line that surpasses DCUC in terms of POA is SOTA's street fighter line, I believe ML has the same if not a few less POA than DCUC.

i like the shotty anyway.

why the hell would I do that? As if I own any DCD figures... I think DCD is one of the worst lines ever.

As for your pictures, I still think that they have poor articulation. They may have many POA, but they look awkward to me doing anything other than standing. I think your Slade looks wacky with his legs all spread out in a jumping pose like that.

As for ML, there is no way that they have less POA than DCUC, and I am talking about the Hasbro stuff... The Toybiz stuff blows DCUC outta the water.

why the hell would I do that? As if I own any DCD figures... I think DCD is one of the worst lines ever.

As for your pictures, I still think that they have poor articulation. They may have many POA, but they look awkward to me doing anything other than standing. I think your Slade looks wacky with his legs all spread out in a jumping pose like that.

As for ML, there is no way that they have less POA than DCUC, and I am talking about the Hasbro stuff... The Toybiz stuff blows DCUC outta the water.

they can do better poses...he just chose to do them like that.

I wonder if Mattel has forgotten the Targets in my area

NONE of them have wave 3 and as I have stated many times before I haven't seen anything since april when I seen wave 2

i got my set today from target. there was a full set(no variants)and an extra GL. i bought it for my uncle. now all i need are the variants and a robin and nightwing for unc.....then im done.

Picture463-1.jpg