Any questions for Shocker Toys we are here to help

ShockerToysHelp

We can safely say that Series1 Indie Spotlight will be out before 2009.

Translation: You will be able to buy the product before the end of the year.

Series1 hits in December see ya then!

Translation: You will be able to buy the product before the end of the year.

As far as Dec as we said product ships to U.S. in December.

Translation: As we've said before, we'll have the figures before the end of the year, so you will be able to buy the products eventually.

One of these things is not like the others. @grumpy@

This is EXACTLY the sort of thing I told you would happen above. You're telling everyone you've been saying one thing, and it is crystal clear to anyone with five minutes to browse this very thread that that you said and what you claim you said are two very different things.

It's almost like you're daring people to call you on it... which isn't really much of a dare. When dealing with fanboys on the internet, the challenge generally lasts only seconds.

But I want to thank you. It was almost a sure bet that I would have bought every figure in this line a couple years back. Now the trend is shifting to 3 3/4" again, and so am I. Even if you DO make these figures, I'm not in the market for them anymore... and I'm not alone here. It's taken you so long to get product out that you're now left catering to a fanbase that's growing smaller every single day, and STILL don't have product out for them.

I agree 3 3/4 is the best thing ever we give you less plastic and charge you the same as a 6" line. Man hasbro is going to make out like a bandit and the shift was not for you but for kids, the ones who collect toys without the BS that is going on in this thread.

I agree 3 3/4 is the best thing ever we give you less plastic and charge you the same as a 6" line. Man hasbro is going to make out like a bandit and the shift was not for you but for kids, the ones who collect toys without the BS that is going on in this thread.

Nice. Way to address the very real concern that these will not see store shelves this year as promised.

@loll@

Wow. Allow me to lay out why this is one of the most ignorant statements ever made by a toy company representative:

1. You ignore everything that is an actual, addressable issue and instead give a flippant retaliation to criticism, going completely against the very idea of 'help' that is in both your SN and the title of this thread.

Let me put it bluntly: Someone who actually had any idea how public relations works would have said something along the lines of "I'm sorry that you're no longer interested in our upcoming offerings. We don't feel that the 3 3/4" scale gives you enough quality for the price. However, if there is enough demand and we feel we can deliver a high-quality product, perhaps we'll take a look at a smaller scale in the future."

Hey, look at that. Nice, polite, and still manages to slip out an insult at Hasbro without insulting potential customers.

2. I never said 3 3/4" is the 'best thing ever'. I said that's where the trend in toys is shifting. One of the (many) holdups on Indie Spotlight figures has been a desire to sell them through mass-market retailers. It doesn't take a genius to look at a toy aisle and toy sites and see that Star Wars, Indiana Jones, GI Joe, DC Infinite Heroes, and a whole slew of upcoming properties (Marvel being only one of them) are all at the same size. The push of the GI Joe movie next summer is only going to add to it, as other companies try to get their slice of the pie. The current direction of toys in general is 'smaller is better'.

What's still going in 6" at mass retail? Unposeable McFarlane figures, DC Universe Classics, and... Power Rangers. Plain and simple, you have neither the characters nor the clout to change the market, but yet you expect to sell at mass retail. Instead of capitalizing on trends of what is selling, you're instead tossing out insults in the general direction of the people making the trends.

3. Marvel Legends retail for $10-15, depending on the retailer and sometimes even the waves in question. Pricing on Marvel Universe is (according to reports) going to be roughly the same as other 3 3/4" lines. Only rarely does one see a single-packed figure in 3 3/4" scale with a $10 price tag, and even then it usually has to do with the specific chain rather than any sort of MSRP. The usual retail is $6-8. Yeah, that's the same as a 6" line... about 5 years ago.

4. You say the shift in scale was 'for kids' as though Hasbro were not trying to sell adult collectors on it as well (which they are), and as though it MATTERS why the shift is happening. It IS happening, and as a result of dismissing that shift out of hand, you're losing customers every day. A quick browse of this thread and general trends in toys says that collectors like to have as much product at the same scale as they can get. For small companies and largely unknown characters, the ability to serve as a 'companion' line promotes greater sales. There is a reason that LCBH followed the established 'Marvel Legends formula' that you're trying to (without, apparently, noticing that ML and 6" is withering away) instead of putting out 5" toys or something equally incompatible with what was selling in the marketplace.

As I noted previously, your line will be 'companion' to a scale that is clearly being phased out. A lot of fans who would have otherwise bought your toys have moved on, and will now resist the once-popular 6" scale simply because it won't "go with anything". Your attitude towards alternatives or additions doesn't say much for your potential to cater to a wider market.

5. Not only do you continue to show little to no comprehension of what the collectors you're targeting want, you seem completely unaware even how to act around them. If you paid any attention at all to your competition, you'd recall that one of the biggest storms Jesse Falcon had to weather was the time he publicly called the complaints of some Marvel Legends fans 'BS'. Whether or not it was valid for him to say so (and I personally think it was) is irrelevant, because any time he makes a post to or about his customer base, he speaks as a representative of the company he works for. It's just bad form for him to make any disparaging comment about any portion of the customer base, no matter his reasoning, as it's likely that he would turn away not only that portion, but others who weren't targeted by his words yet were nonetheless offended by his treatment of those customers.

Why do you feel that you're exempt from that same ethic?

Assuming that your final statement intones that kids are "the ones who collect toys without the BS that is going on in this thread", which is how it reads, then you've just insinuated that adult collectors (who are the majority of your potential customer base) generate 'BS' simply by trying to get you to state yourself clearly, admit your mistakes/changes, and... oh yes, PRODUCE SOME PRODUCT. Instead of offering the answers and help that you claim to be here for, you're continuing to insult and turn people away from you.

Not to put a fine point on it, but your mouth is probably costing you as many customers as market trends are. Perhaps you should put less focus on being providing 'help' and direct it toward turning your theoretical product into reality while you still have customers left.

I usually don't like to post twice in a row, but there's an interview that's just too chalk-full of 'whoops, shouldn't have said that'... I couldn't pass it up.

Here's the link.

ToyCyte : And these Indie guys are going to come out in December, yes? Because if they don’t, the nerds are going to find you and remove your organs, it would seem.

The phrase 'come out in December' does not mean 'ships to the US in December'.

Geoff Beckett: That is correct - the line is set to ship in December. Diamond Comics will be stocking [local comic shops], Big Bad Toy Store and Toys ‘R’ Us. Oh, and yes, we have made sure this is it - we would like to keep our organs. We could always throw them our interns.

In no uncertain terms, the reply to the question of whether the figures will be OUT in December is "That is correct".

This doesn't match the statement made four days later. It simply does not add up.

I also like the part that claims that Shocker came up with the entire idea for Indie Spotlight and Toy Biz stole it from them, as though the concept was stored in a vacuum, when anyone looking at one of the numerous Marvel Legends custom galleries all over the net would have stumbled across hundreds of other people who also 'stole' the idea from Shocker.

The fact that Toy Biz put their plans into motion around the same time probably has nothing at all to do with the problem in a company 'competing against itself', and that the Marvel license going to Hasbro would have solved that issue... no, of course not. That's crazy talk! It's almost as crazy as having indy creators more willing to sign their properties over to a company with an established track record!

ToyCyte : Action figure collectors are a fickle people, I like to think that designer toy collectors are a far more mellow, balanced people.

GB : True, but this industry could accomplish much more by kicking out the trolls and giving a company a chance and proper feedback. If you have a toy company who can make a good toy line with their ear to your floor, you tell them what you would like to see. You don’t tell them they suck.

I like how this sidesteps the fact that yes, action figure collectors are fickle, and yes, Shocker Toys claims to be making action figures, and yes, they've been given several years of 'chance', and yes, they have yet to prove they have any idea how to make a toy line (let alone a good one), and yes, people are telling them what they want to see: PRODUCT, and finally, yes, it's because of frustration with all the other stuff that Shocker is being told they suck and not getting the 'proper feedback' that they would like. I would think that someone who 'was always a collector of toys' should probably have a better idea of how the fandom works and not be so surprised when claiming a lot and producing nothing makes people upset.

To borrow and paraphrase: Make toys, then you can talk.

Gail Simone is my new hero. She rips Shocker to shreds for his antics:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showt...1&page=3191

(bottom of the page)

I'm so happy to see someone stand up to the BS legal threats that Shocker makes. Other sites could learn a lesson from how she has dealt with him.

Wow. Just wow. And I thought this thread was angry.

If anyone wants a laugh check out the fake Shocker add at the bottom of the link. Actually that whole page had me laughing my @ss off. http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&start=1215

Wow. Just wow. And I thought this thread was angry.

Yeah, but it's a righteous anger :)

If anyone wants a laugh check out the fake Shocker add at the bottom of the link. Actually that whole page had me laughing my @ss off. http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&start=1215

That whole thread cracks me up. SWH put the perfect cherry on top with that fake Shocker add.

The interview that Magic 8 Ball is talking about is so full of FAIL.

http://www.toycyte.com/the-shocking-geoff-beckett-interview

I love how Beckett talks about his "design team in Singapore" and his "GFX designers th3rdworld.com." They aren't part of Shocker Toys. They are subcontractors. Shocker Toys hasn't the slightest claim of ownership or control over either. They are separate entities that are (hopefully) getting paid to do a job. They are no more a part of Shocker Toys than the factory he hopes one day will make his figures.

Who is willing to bet that his "people" in New Jersey and New York are just interns, relatives, or one of the half dozen posters on his forum?

By the first comment made by the interviewer, I'm thinking it was done mostly to generate some traffic for the site.

Man, I can't wait until Schlocker goes out of business, I really want to piss on that company's grave.

And it's obvious what's going on here. He's drumming up criticism now, because he doesn't have anything coming (AT ALL), and therefore, he's stalling for time, AND Sowing discord.

when the house of cards falls, he'll be able to blame dissident fans on driving away potential sales, and therefore not making the investment and toys economically viable.

he's gonna try to lay the blame on us.

Again.

he's gonna cut and run. THERE IS NO PRODUCT, THERE NEVER WILL BE ANY PRODUCT, AND THERE NEVER WAS GOING TO BE ANY PRODUCT. It's the same hollow lies that he's always promised, and the sooner we WISE UP and tell him to sell his BS Walking, the better off this community will be.

Fwoosh already sent him packing, when are the rest of the fans gonna do likewise?

the sooner we stop entertaining this assclown's rich-boy notions, and stop expecting a leopard to change his spots, the sooner he will disappear, and we won't have to worry about any more of his lies.

or his crap toys. Seriously, any company that touts those lameass Shockinis as some kind of triumph should never be taken seriously in the first place.

we also need to do OUR PART, in educating indie creators to his falsehoods, and outright lies (not to mention the way he treats his potential customers).

so that those licenses will go to a better company (hopefully his competition, in the hopes that he will go out of business).

We already have Gail Simone on our side, it's only a matter of time before the word is out to other creators, and licenses, and we can shut this company down for good.

I also highly recommend we report this company to the Better Business Bureau, this thread specifically. I would make sure to quote all of his posts, so that if he cuts and runs, they are saved as evidence.

Maybe we need to speak to him in a language he can understand.

Dear Geoff Beckett.

This letter represents The Disaffected Toy Buying Community, and we have been

asked to write this letter to you. Many of your statements Towards your fans in your internet postings are untrue and defamatory. You made them maliciously to injure your potential customers in Their Hobby, Trade, and Profession. As such, they are defamatory, this letter constitutes a demand for immediate retraction in writing of these false and libelous statements. We, the fans you have duped, and lied to demand that your retraction and correction be accompanied by an editorial in which you specifically repudiated your libelous statements.

Your web postings and conduct also constitute tortuous interference with the business and

contractual relations of Certain Licensors. Who, in good faith sold the rights to produce product your company never intended to create. As such, they are actionable and expose you to the imposition of compensatory as well as punitive damages. Below, we have noted some of the more patent, malicious, and libelous comments made by you in your internet postings; some of them also evidence your tortuous interference.

1. In your postings, you repeatedly stated that Geoff Beckett of Shocker Toys LLP cares about his consumers. This is a lie, as evidenced by the way your consumers are treated on TNI.com, as well as Fwooshnet.

2. In your postings, you consistently and falsely stated that Shocker Toys had intention of producing more than prototypes, and promises. The history of the company, combined with current falsehoods indicate that you have never had, or would never produce any product whatsoever in any form other than a few showpieces.

3. In your postings you state that the product would be available in December, you now claim that you always meant it would be shipping in December. This is an outright lie.

4. In your postings you say you were working with new vendors, sculptors and distributors, and that this wouldn't be like last time. In that regard, I suppose it is true, It's worse than last time.

5. Shocker Toys LLP does not condone spamming, but continues to practice it nonetheless.

6. In one of your postings you say the reason Shocker Toys LLP’s Exclusive Dethklok set is a 'bargain at $80'. Due to it's price compared to other exclusives. The problem being, other Exclusives are professionally produced, and represent actual product and lines that those companies actually bring to market.

7. In your postings you have insulted and defamed your potential (and previous) customers, in a bid to paint yourself a victim.

8. Shocker Toys LLP has no care for his consumers. This causes Shocker Toys LLP to be looked badly upon by its new customers or future customers. This is Shocker's own fault, and they have nobody to blame but themselves.

9: Suggesting to the fans that you were in negotiations to produce an "Invincible" Figure, in an effort to generate sales for your other figures from fans, in hopes that they would get an Invincible Figure.

Many of these errors have been previously brought to your attention. Also, on occasion you have removed your postings when you were proven to be comitting falsehoods and outright lies. Your failure to correct your erroneous and false statements and their repetition after notice of their falsehood continues to alienate any potential customers you might have generated with your false hype.

If you do not immediately publish the requested retraction within 30days of this letter, and cease and desist from making false and malicious comments about Your customers and potential customers, , remove all internet forum signatures with libel and false remarks we will file complaints with the BBB Against you, and contact licensors and potential business partners, with recommendations to avoid opening business relations with you. Please govern yourself accordingly.

Sincerely yours,

The Combined Toy Collecting Community

Maybe we need to speak to him in a language he can understand.

Dear Geoff Beckett.

This letter represents The Disaffected Toy Buying Community, and we have been

asked to write this letter to you. Many of your statements Towards your fans in your internet postings are untrue and defamatory. You made them maliciously to injure your potential customers in Their Hobby, Trade, and Profession. As such, they are defamatory, this letter constitutes a demand for immediate retraction in writing of these false and libelous statements. We, the fans you have duped, and lied to demand that your retraction and correction be accompanied by an editorial in which you specifically repudiated your libelous statements.

Your web postings and conduct also constitute tortuous interference with the business and

contractual relations of Certain Licensors. Who, in good faith sold the rights to produce product your company never intended to create. As such, they are actionable and expose you to the imposition of compensatory as well as punitive damages. Below, we have noted some of the more patent, malicious, and libelous comments made by you in your internet postings; some of them also evidence your tortuous interference.

1. In your postings, you repeatedly stated that Geoff Beckett of Shocker Toys LLP cares about his consumers. This is a lie, as evidenced by the way your consumers are treated on TNI.com, as well as Fwooshnet.

2. In your postings, you consistently and falsely stated that Shocker Toys had intention of producing more than prototypes, and promises. The history of the company, combined with current falsehoods indicate that you have never had, or would never produce any product whatsoever in any form other than a few showpieces.

3. In your postings you state that the product would be available in December, you now claim that you always meant it would be shipping in December. This is an outright lie.

4. In your postings you say you were working with new vendors, sculptors and distributors, and that this wouldn't be like last time. In that regard, I suppose it is true, It's worse than last time.

5. Shocker Toys LLP does not condone spamming, but continues to practice it nonetheless.

6. In one of your postings you say the reason Shocker Toys LLP’s Exclusive Dethklok set is a 'bargain at $80'. Due to it's price compared to other exclusives. The problem being, other Exclusives are professionally produced, and represent actual product and lines that those companies actually bring to market.

7. In your postings you have insulted and defamed your potential (and previous) customers, in a bid to paint yourself a victim.

8. Shocker Toys LLP has no care for his consumers. This causes Shocker Toys LLP to be looked badly upon by its new customers or future customers. This is Shocker's own fault, and they have nobody to blame but themselves.

9: Suggesting to the fans that you were in negotiations to produce an "Invincible" Figure, in an effort to generate sales for your other figures from fans, in hopes that they would get an Invincible Figure.

Many of these errors have been previously brought to your attention. Also, on occasion you have removed your postings when you were proven to be comitting falsehoods and outright lies. Your failure to correct your erroneous and false statements and their repetition after notice of their falsehood continues to alienate any potential customers you might have generated with your false hype.

If you do not immediately publish the requested retraction within 30days of this letter, and cease and desist from making false and malicious comments about Your customers and potential customers, , remove all internet forum signatures with libel and false remarks we will file complaints with the BBB Against you, and contact licensors and potential business partners, with recommendations to avoid opening business relations with you. Please govern yourself accordingly.

Sincerely yours,

The Combined Toy Collecting Community

Uh, you are not "speaking to him in a language he can understand" because you are using the language badly.......and not making a very clear or logical point.

Where does one begin here...

Well, let's keep it simple: you cannot go to the BBB because if he only SAYS he is going to offer something, and then does not actually do so in circumstances where there's no loss to you, then there is no loss and thus no grievance. There's no law about broken promises on product that do not appear, especially when money has not changed hands in this.

As far as agreements with other parties......that's not the consumers concern-its the business of those parties actually involved.

You cannot make a claim of libel in this case, because libel involves specific harm against specific individuals, and not a general comment against a community.

Making a claim of libel means you are making a LEGAL statement against the guy, which means you need to have a legal argument with legit examples and evidence handy of genuine transgressions. Nothing has been written yet here that would constitute this in a court of law.

Seriously, if you want to make a statement that represent the "combined toy collecting community" you really need to have all the facts straight and have a legit point to make. Otherwise you are blowing as much smoke out your ass as he is.

Here's the only salient points in all this:

- The guy comes across as a jerk.

- He comes across as someone who clearly tries to butter our bread.........A LOT, but has very little to show for it.

- He's promising product, and making claims......and there's nothing in hand yet.

- He treats people who disagree with him, who are critical of him, very badly.

- He's clearly not running a very solid business and is gaining a worse and worse reputation every time he posts.

- He seems set on performing career suicide by pissing off as many people as he possibly can, while also making his business acumen look like it was gained out of a crackerjack box.

Sorry, you cannot go to the BBB and tell them the guy is not nice and runs his business badly--which is all the fellow is really guilty of.

Understand that I'm NOT on his side--I just think that if you are going to make that kind of communal statement and declaration, you'd better have clear grounds to do so, and to say it properly so it does what its supposed to do.

You have obviously missed the point of this post, so I will explain it to you.

it's a simply reworded 'legal threat' he sent to so many people over the years.

this threat is hollow, and means NOTHING.

I merely reworded something that HE, HIMSELF created, under the guise of a legal body that DOESN'T EVEN EXIST.

You have obviously missed the point of this post, so I will explain it to you.

it's a simply reworded 'legal threat' he sent to so many people over the years.

this threat is hollow, and means NOTHING.

I merely reworded something that HE, HIMSELF created, under the guise of a legal body that DOESN'T EVEN EXIST.

Yea, I've clearly missed the point.

I really don't even get the point of using the same "empty threats" against him--even as a parody.

For me, though.........I have no empty threats to make toward Mr Beckett......I'll make a promise instead.......that carries a genuine, sincere threat: I'll simply never buy his products. Ever.

I'll share and express my disdain for his company and products with collectors I meet , and influence them to follow suit.

Its my right as a consumer, because the principle governing idea in commerce is "caveat emptor"--let the buyer beware.

I am doing just that, and also letting others beware as well.

And Mr. Beckett cannot do a thing to stop me. ;)

that too, is what I am attempting here, I merely posted the 'legal claim' as a joke.

anybody who has recieved one of these bogus threats over the years should recognize it instantly, and get a good chuckle out of it.

but he should be more worried about ME being the 'dog without a leash', as I've followed him to almost every toy board imaginable, and pretty much educated them to his bull.

mostly by pointing them to the trail of lies he has posted here, and elsewhere, along with the Gail Simone, and Robert Kirkman laugh riots (seriously, Geoff, you really think they're not gonna tell EVERYBODY to avoid your company like the plague?).

when you have industry professionals who are calling you an effing joke, it's time to call it a day.

Alvatron, that was hilarious!

Well, let's keep it simple: you cannot go to the BBB because if he only SAYS he is going to offer something, and then does not actually do so in circumstances where there's no loss to you, then there is no loss and thus no grievance. There's no law about broken promises on product that do not appear, especially when money has not changed hands in this.

Money has changed hands. Or at least that's clearly Geoff Beckett's intention whenever he posts spam trying get people to place pre-orders for his imaginary product.

That's my biggest problem with Shocker Toys.

Any possibility of having an Usagi Yojimbo figure done?

Lol, that's even funnier than Alvatron's post.

I haven't posted here much, and I really don't know much about indy figures, but I was aware that this was supposely coming out at some point, and I don't really care for most of these figures, however I was VERY interested in the Tick. Now, after reading this post and about all the history Shocker has had, I'm not even going to bother looking. The fact that a toy company, like this, whose bread and butter is the collector community and not kids (kids won't want a figure of someone they haven't heard of) is so willing and easy to insult the people who give them money is just stupid. It seems everyone here has an axe to grind with shocker, and rightfully so.

They should not be so easily offened by us 'nerds' for asking general questions about a product. Any collector worth their salt would know that message boards and forums are full of assholes (not that any of you are) and you need to have a thick skin, ESPECIALLY if you are a smaller company who depends on 'nerds' for sales (nerds, what is this third grade?) I've never really heard of shocker toys till they did Dethklok toys (which look like crap) and I was more than willing to buy series two, just to get the BAF Tick. Now, after reading all this and the different posts you guys linked, I will be passing on this. Not because I am switching to 3 3/4 scale (definately not switching) but because of the general poor attitude of the company. Maybe, if these ever came out, I might buy the Tick BAF on ebay, but I doubt these will come out, and I am pretty much not interested anymore.

I'm glad that you have been convinced to not buy any toys from Shocker.

I hope other fans can be convinced as well. We as fans need to spread the word, so that Shocker doesn't get another dime from us.

because there are people who still don't know, and who will give them their money. The only way to STOP Shocker, and PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS FOR GOOD is to educate the public, the licensors, and the creators of Geoff's unprofessionalism, and outright lies.

I won't rest until Shocker goes under. Taking money for something they never actually plan to produce is CRIMINAL.

We can safely say that Series1 Indie Spotlight will be out before 2009.

Boy, how did anybody manage to misinterpret that as meaning that these WILL be AVAILABLE in December? Oh... maybe because THAT'S WHAT YOU SAID.

It should be abundantly clear to even the most optimistic of Shocker supporters at this point, that this "toy line" and all of the pre-orders are nothing but a scam.

And no, I won't look silly for ever doubting Shocker if these somehow ever get made after 3+ years of pure lies and deception from this company.

HA!!!! Good to see SWH over here!!! let me tell you reading you ripping Shocker over a fwoosh was great!!!! Just be careful you don't get accused of stalking them from fwoosh to TNI!! 2 word though....."sic em!!!" @loll@

I love how Beckett talks about his "design team in Singapore" and his "GFX designers th3rdworld.com." They aren't part of Shocker Toys. They are subcontractors. Shocker Toys hasn't the slightest claim of ownership or control over either. They are separate entities that are (hopefully) getting paid to do a job. They are no more a part of Shocker Toys than the factory he hopes one day will make his figures.

Who is willing to bet that his "people" in New Jersey and New York are just interns, relatives, or one of the half dozen posters on his forum?

I believe you are right since I remember readin his posts on a-f.com(before they deleted his section,) he said that the Metalpocalypse were goin to be painted in house by him and several ppl. I think he did said in house as in his house, which is a bit strange. The result or so l have reead on OAFE was that the toys were painted badly. I understand some legit small companies do have things done at their own house (one of the employees at telltale games volunteered to packed contents in brown envolopes for their sam and max game. However, the content was bonus stuff that was sold to be put in with the dvd case and was done to please fans.

Also, it is weird how Shockertoys, a new company, to hire customizer Kyle Robinson to do all the proto paint. Not to bash the guy, but his paintin in regards to the shocker protoypes are simplistic and lack the advance airbrush techinques like professional prototype painters. I would think it would be better to hire Jin instead or preferrable an actual proto painter. Guess Geoff wanted to save a few bucks. Here are the prototypes at Robinson's site: http://www.kylerobinsoncustoms.com/links/proto.htm

l think Geoff is probably some semi rich dude who could not afford producin mass market 6 inch figs but can with shocktinis. I wouldn't be shocked (pun intended?) if shocktinis are actually generic sculpts made by china and that the dude just put his logo on it.

l realisze that this is a problem with CEOs or whatever who uses toy boards to promote their toys. This can create a problem since some psoters will have a fake sense of friendship with the CEO or preisdent of the company, thereby followin and believing everything they say. The fanboys would even go out of their way to bash ppl who say the toy isn't perfect. IF something goes wrong (which commonly does with companies like this,) they would blame China or the licensors. The fans would even go and be bias towards a rival company to try to get other ppl in buyin thir "friend's" toys. Sota was in the same situation.

The old CEO at Sota had a rockstar attitude and apparently a rockstar lifem which I was told was the reason why he was let go of the company.

After hearing on what happened behind the scenes with Sota, I can now understand why Blizzard distance away from Sota after wave 1 of WOW and why DC didn't want the company to make some toys for them. It is also the reason why there were so many bootleg figures of Sota products.

Just sayin that I think there is a reason why companies like Shockertoys uses forums as their primary way to promote their toys. It is not to be friendly, but rather to gain sales by way of being "friends" to the community. Those who are suckered in to this will be loyal to the commpany and would believe any bs they say if a delay happens; I mean, the company can say terrorist have hijacked the cargo ship that had the products and because of that, the figures are delayed; the sad thing is that those who are fanboys will believe that.

Unlike Shockertoys, Sota or rather, old Sota was sucessful in doing this.

After readin the comments here, l have to wonder if the rumors that Marveltoys really stoled Shocker's licensors are true? Also, the email of them sendin to online shops, tellin them not buy shockertoys and instead, LCBHs. Just that the toy community have receive such news by emails claimmin to be MArvel tellin toy retailers to carry there own toys over shockers, which strangely read like the email written by the annonymous collector about wantin to buy shocker toys. I wonder..............

I love the SOTA Street Fighter figures, and I have waves one and two.

that's the difference.

I HAVE waves one and two. I have them. Which means they made them, which means they exist.

something Shocker wouldn't know word one about.

oh, and LCBH are better, because they, too exist.

if they stole Shocker's licenses away, more power to them. I'd rather Marvel had gotten ALL of the licenses, at least then I'd HAVE a Scud and a Maxx.

Shocker Toys' latest scam:

http://www.unscrewedcomic.com/article.php?...081205105907312

Comic shops have it tough enough without phony customers purposefully ordering product they don't plan on buying.

This is really a new low.

This is getting posted everywhere.

The latest on this apparently has some random low-count poster on the ST boards claiming HE sent the emails because he is "checking to see if Indie Spotlight is in your area". Presumably, he means "if it will be", since it's well-established that no IS product currently exists in anyone's area... Kabuki's area being the only possible exception. ;)

The guy claims to be doing this to help out Shocker. Thing is that this guy is supposedly an intern that was let go. Doesn't add up.

Also, the claims that he is simply checking to see if they'll carry the product conflict with the actual email which suggests he will buy the product from said retailer.

Conceivably, Shocker could claim that the guy is out for revenge or something, but the thing is, if he was an intern, Shocker should have all his info, and there's a questionable legality involved here. Being smart enough to pull the 'revenge', then talking about it (even in CYA fashion) on Shocker's own board is the height of stupidity. Further, Shocker is somehow trying to claim it's okay because AFTimes has a vendetta/campaign against them. LIKE IT MATTERS. Understandably, AFT finds that claim laughable.

Read it here. The whole page pretty much covers it.

This post contains a response relayed from AFT.

"Less talk, more toys." I like the way they think!

EDIT: This is just too rich! Apparently, many of the comic shop owners solicited by the email, realizing it was a mass email by someone who never intended to shop in their store, asked for the money upfront to preorder.

That led to This response followed quickly by this response.

The highlight is the COMPLETE CONTRADICTION.

And what is the big deal about a guy looking for products? He is pinned as a Shocker employee?

Then

There is a guy finding out for people on our forums who is carrying them and where they can get them.

Remember that 'the guy' has taken full credit for sending the email. They are then well aware that he is not actually, physically looking for the product with intent to buy from all those retailers. By crediting with performing this act, they are at least endorsing and employing his results, if not the person.

How dare those comic store take money upfront for pre-orders

This one is destined to become a classic. Others have taken issue with ST taking money for pre-orders, so it's possible this is a sarcastic joke. However, since it clearly notes that these are stores, and ST is the company (supposedly) making the product that the stores are supposed to sell... one can see the difference here, right? Companies do not take money upfront for product that is not yet deliverable. That is shady of the company. Stores can and do take money if the product is not in hand if the 'customer' seems shady. What exactly is NOT shady about stores getting a mass email that offers to physically buy the product, which the company endorses on their own boards and claims is only meant to gauge interest?

A later post (next page) says

And if a guy is looking around for toys for other people so what!

which again contradicts both the first statement AND the email in question, which both make it pretty clear the intent is to find/buy the product personally. It starts with "I am in the area...", for the luvva Mike!

I haven't even bothered with the 'this is not Geoff' nonsense! @loll@

Y'know, something just occurred to me. Geoff claims that Toy Biz/Marvel Toys 'stole' the idea of Indie Spotlight, which then became LCBH. Now, I could be remembering incorrectly, but I'm recalling that the first protos of IS were not that articulated. They went back to do new protos to get them up to the level of articulation commonly attributed to Marvel Legends.

Further, the 'build a figure' idea was most definitely put onto the line later. And where, exactly, does the phrase come from? While it's commonly bandied about by toy collectors to refer to the concept in any form, the actual phrase was in fact coined by TB/MT.

He says the idea all along was to make IS as a clone to ML (what ICBH turned out to be). Of course, it's a completely original idea, even though it follows every single convention of the form established by TB/MT. Whatever. The point is that what I seem to recall is a toyline that started more akin to Spawn or DC Direct and turned, over the course of several years and many prototypes, into what he says it always was.

I'll again admit my memory may be faulty. Does anyone else recall it like this? Is there proof (perhaps some original proto pics and press releases from 2006)?

Y'know, something just occurred to me. Geoff claims that Toy Biz/Marvel Toys 'stole' the idea of Indie Spotlight, which then became LCBH. Now, I could be remembering incorrectly, but I'm recalling that the first protos of IS were not that articulated. They went back to do new protos to get them up to the level of articulation commonly attributed to Marvel Legends.

Further, the 'build a figure' idea was most definitely put onto the line later. And where, exactly, does the phrase come from? While it's commonly bandied about by toy collectors to refer to the concept in any form, the actual phrase was in fact coined by TB/MT.

He says the idea all along was to make IS as a clone to ML (what ICBH turned out to be). Of course, it's a completely original idea, even though it follows every single convention of the form established by TB/MT. Whatever. The point is that what I seem to recall is a toyline that started more akin to Spawn or DC Direct and turned, over the course of several years and many prototypes, into what he says it always was.

I'll again admit my memory may be faulty. Does anyone else recall it like this? Is there proof (perhaps some original proto pics and press releases from 2006)?

The BAf idea is not completely correct. The MAxx is no longer a BAF though I am not sure if he was ever considered to be a BAF fig since if I remember, the pics of him they showeed were him unfinish rather than been protos of his parts separated.

The lastest news were that the toys didn't came with BAF parts but rather accessories[/n] that related to a certain superhero in the wave. In wave 1 it was the MAx where each character came with several isz pvcs.

The first photos were not that unarticulated though I believe they said it was like this because it cost money to add extra. Of course when lbsh came around, they added more. However, I do not recall if it was their original intention to add articulation to their old toys though it may not be the case, seein that they're previous toys in the same scale have limited articulation.