Any questions for Shocker Toys we are here to help

ShockerToysHelp

OMG, where the heck do I start.I'm not a huge supporter of Shocker and in the past have been pretty hard on them, but they have those licenses and that is that. Marvel Toys did not go out of business and the LCBH line sold well for them. They just decided that it would be better for them long term to quite making toys. Once they Marvel Inc sold gave the rights to making Marvel characters to Hasbro it really put MT in a bind, but they still had the rights to produce other things and that made them money too. They had the world wide right to Curious George and if you think that the LCBH line sold anywhere near what Curious George does worldwide then your out of your mind (I have a four and five year old and they love CG.

As for figure of the Crow, Faust or the Rocketeer. Well those wouldn't have happened. The Crow I could see, but there is just no way to market Faust to Walmart or TRU. The Rocketter was just something they did o get Disney interested and Disney said OK but we want 3 million up front. MT couldn't afford that and passed. They was a great presentation from SDCC on TB/MT and what might have bee. Go to youtube or AFI to check it out.

I guess that's it. Like I said I don't really care for how Shocker has handled itself so far, two year and counting (they announced this line in May 2006). But if we get them cool. And to all the posters there's a lot of information out there, look for it.

Well I went back and watched the panel (here's link: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/feature...yBizPanel.shtml . It's the seventh video at about the 3 and a half minute mark) again and Jesse Falcon said that it took him six months to get a meeting with Disney and when he did they wanted a "3 million dollar MINIMUM" for the rights because that what they were getting on Pirates of the Caribeen and they thought that was a fair price across the board for their properties. As for the Medicom figure, I believe the high price range and lower production run helped them as it was more of a "collectable" than an action figure in a toyline would be. Hell just to break even with that 3 mil fee Marvel Toys would have had to sel 300000 Rockteer figures alone.

As for figure of the Crow, Faust or the Rocketeer. Well those wouldn't have happened. The Crow I could see, but there is just no way to market Faust to Walmart or TRU.

I agree with everything you said except this one bit. If they just made the figure look accurate and totally fudged the backstory it would be pretty easy. After all, WM, TRU and all the other retail chains let figures with claws on their shelves all the time. And the name Faust doesn't really resonate with bible thumpers as much as say, Son of Satan or Mephisto would. If they really wanted to fudge it, they could always call the figure "John Jaspers" on the packaging and say that he's a crazy guy who thinks he sees monsters instead of mafia guys and runs around fighting them in a costume.

Not to mention they could have made him a website exclusive or send-away if the line really did well...

• 2 weeks later...
If I cross my fingers and toes, will we ever get an Invincible figure?
Correction: If I cross my fingers and toes, will we ever get a figure?

ROFL

Shoot. It's looking close these days. The latest prototypes look great. All I'm sayin' is throw us a bone. Let Invincible sneak into wave 2 (or 3?).

Can I send my DethKlock set back for a refund?

I thought it was going to be closer to $15-20 bucks, but he paid $80 for this and I don't feel it's worth that at all.

If I was there to see this in person I would never of let him buy it.

And what happened to Gwar, It's still up for pre-order on your website and says it was supposed to be released fall 2006?

ROFL

Shoot. It's looking close these days. The latest prototypes look great. All I'm sayin' is throw us a bone. Let Invincible sneak into wave 2 (or 3?).

You will never see Invincible figures made by Shocker Toys.

Check out this thread from the image comics board: http://tinyurl.com/4qrr7e

It's a little hard to follow, as Shocker went back and deleted all of his posts, as he often does when even he realizes what a fool he has been. But what happened can be pieced together. Basically, Kirkman puts Shocker in his place for hinting that he had the license to produce Invincible figures when he clearly did not.

ROFL

You will never see Invincible figures made by Shocker Toys.

Check out this thread from the image comics board: http://tinyurl.com/4qrr7e

It's a little hard to follow, as Shocker went back and deleted all of his posts, as he often does when even he realizes what a fool he has been. But what happened can be pieced together. Basically, Kirkman puts Shocker in his place for hinting that he had the license to produce Invincible figures when he clearly did not.

Domu buddy you are like my little dog following me around. Is your leash to tight? As far as saying we had invincible that never happened and a fan of his and hater of us started that rumor. You people seem to love to do that to cause problems and screw yourself out of toys. Series1 hits in December see ya then!

As far as a refund for Dethklok you saw what the price was when you bought them pal. They were limited to 500pcs and numbered and will never have that look on them again. The retail figs are 13.95 each if you wanted to wait and get those you could have. Also this is a thread for Indie Spotlight go post about Dethklok in the General thread if you feel that wronged by an exclusive that was very well priced compared to some of the other stuff that was at SDCC.

Can I send my DethKlock set back for a refund?

I thought it was going to be closer to $15-20 bucks, but he paid $80 for this and I don't feel it's worth that at all.

If I was there to see this in person I would never of let him buy it.

As far as a refund for Dethklok you saw what the price was when you bought them pal. They were limited to 500pcs and numbered and will never have that look on them again. The retail figs are 13.95 each if you wanted to wait and get those you could have. Also this is a thread for Indie Spotlight go post about Dethklok in the General thread if you feel that wronged by an exclusive that was very well priced compared to some of the other stuff that was at SDCC.
I think what demonsight was trying to say was that he didn't want his friend to spend so much money on a gift for him. If that's the case, then he didn't see the price when they were bought. It was a legitimate question and I would have suggested he re-sell the set elsewhere. Also, you encouraged questions about all of your products in this thread.
Hello, if you have any questions about the Indie Spotlight comic book heroes Series1 action figures or any of our other products please ask here.
Not to mention the fact the thread clearly states at the top: "Indie Spotlight, Shockinis, Dethklok."

Domu buddy you are like my little dog following me around. Is your leash to tight?

Umm, who are you? And where am I supposed to have followed you from? Is the leash thing your way of trying to hit on me? Is ShockerToysHelp the same person as ShockerToys and about five other similar names here and elsewhere on the net?

As far as saying we had invincible that never happened and a fan of his and hater of us started that rumor. You people seem to love to do that to cause problems and screw yourself out of toys.

Even in this post, you are implying that if "you people" hadn't caused problems, we would be getting Invincible toys from you. How could anyone have screwed themselves out of toys that you never, ever had a chance of making? Are you delusional? Or can you just not stop lying?

As for figure of the Crow, Faust or the Rocketeer. Well those wouldn't have happened. The Crow I could see, but there is just no way to market Faust to Walmart or TRU.

I disagree. If Wal-Mart sold the Body Bags set, not to mention Marv and Judge Death, Faust is nothing. We're not dealing with Included comics or things of that nature, so I think ICBH actually could have gotten away with a lot of things that ML has been told no about or been too nervous to try. In this case, the characters not being well-known actually works in the favor of the toymaker.

Domu buddy you are like my little dog following me around. Is your leash to tight? As far as saying we had invincible that never happened and a fan of his and hater of us started that rumor. You people seem to love to do that to cause problems and screw yourself out of toys. Series1 hits in December see ya then!

Hey, tell off your potential customers. That's always a good idea!

Seriously man, this is basic promotion/customer service here: explain the situation civilly. If he doesn't like/agree with the answer, that's his problem, not yours.

When you get into internet fandoms (especially comic book and toy-related ones), you're going to run into some of the same people in different places. There's really only a few hundred sites that truly cater to the tens of thousands of fans. On top of that, fanboys have search engines and time on their hands, and as a general rule, they tend to over-analyze (that's what keeping up with today's comics will do to you), so if you've said something they think they can hang you on, someone will point it out. It's the nature of the beast- they don't necessarily think ill of you, but they won't hesitate to point out when they think you're wrong/lying/backtracking.

That's one of the reasons why it's so hard to get straight answers from a lot of comic and toy people- they don't want to get bitten by their own words. You have to learn to take the "you said this on the other board/before" stuff in stride, because it's going to keep happening.

There are so many things wrong with this. How can you be functioning in a customer/public relations capacity and seem to have so little idea what it means?

I know that sounds harsh, but let me pose a hypothetical: If a company is plagued with delays due to their attempts to deliver the highest possible quality product, and a customer says point-blank to a representative of that company that they are not happy with the product that is out... shouldn't that rep want to know WHY?

Your answer can EASILY be read as "we have your money, take the whining somewhere else." Additionally, I'd like to note that for the five figures, $70+tax for the regular figures vs. the $80 for the SDCC figures that he claims to have paid is not a bargain, so I have no idea what you're trying to get at by quoting the retail price.

Something along the lines of "I'd like to hear more about what made you unhappy with these figures. Please send me a PM/email" would have been much, much more appropriate and at least hinted that you cared- not just to that particular customer, but all of the potential customers that read the rude response you actually left and wondered why they should give you their business.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to actually talking about the toys for a moment, it looks like they changed the proto's again. I saw pics yesterday and I swear that Shadowhawk looks a lot less bulky then he did. He looks almost too skinny for me now and I'm not really a fan of the Maxx's head dress. On a side note I see that Arthur is the mail away figure for wave two? That's interesting and if I wanted any of the other figure besides the Tick I might go for it.

• 1 month later...
Just to clarify Shadowhawk is a teenager this is not the version McFarlane did. He is a boy who adopts the Shadowhawk costume and later has his own version of the costume henceforth the Variant.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=450636900

Thanks for clarifying the Shadowhawk situation.

I haven't read Kabuki lately, so could you catch me up on that character too?

(I was quite surprised by your pics that apparently Mack has made some BIG changes in the character since last I read an issue.)

So are these still scheduled for a December release? Given that you are still showing unfinished figures this close to December, it doesn't seem possible to me. With shipping times from China and distribution once they are here, even if the figures were 100% complete right now, it seems highly improbable that they could reach store shelves in December.

Have they already shipped from China? If so, how about some finished product pics?

Good pun on the BIG part, hate to rain on your parade but it was lighting that caused that and if anything was there it was squashed since hearing comments on Fwoosh as these are older pics. As far as Dec as we said product ships to U.S. in December. Glad we could clarify for you Domu.

You are lying.

You have been claiming for months that people would be able to get these in December. Your own website has "Shipping Decemeber 2008" after each of these figures. (Maybe "Decemeber" is some new month you created.)

There is no clarification. No shipping from China to the US in December. Just "shipping in December" in a pre-order listing. No reasonable person would come to the new interpretation you are trying to push.

You are deliberately misleading potential customers.

This is a perfect example of how you lie.

When the release date is missed yet again, you'll claim that you never said anything different, that it was always "ships to the U.S. in December". You're just punting things down the road like always. Remember when you were claiming that these would be out in 2007? Then a few months after Toy Fair? Then August? Then October? But you keep insisting that they are just around the corner to try to get money out of people through pre-orders.

Good pun on the BIG part, hate to rain on your parade but it was lighting that caused that and if anything was there it was squashed since hearing comments on Fwoosh as these are older pics.

Then why are you posting old pics of product that is supposed to be out in weeks as if they were something new?

We can safely say that Series1 Indie Spotlight will be out before 2009.

Boy, how did anybody manage to misinterpret that as meaning that these WILL be AVAILABLE in December? Oh... maybe because THAT'S WHAT YOU SAID.

It should be abundantly clear to even the most optimistic of Shocker supporters at this point, that this "toy line" and all of the pre-orders are nothing but a scam.

And no, I won't look silly for ever doubting Shocker if these somehow ever get made after 3+ years of pure lies and deception from this company.

We can safely say that Series1 Indie Spotlight will be out before 2009.

Translation: You will be able to buy the product before the end of the year.

Series1 hits in December see ya then!

Translation: You will be able to buy the product before the end of the year.

As far as Dec as we said product ships to U.S. in December.

Translation: As we've said before, we'll have the figures before the end of the year, so you will be able to buy the products eventually.

One of these things is not like the others. @grumpy@

This is EXACTLY the sort of thing I told you would happen above. You're telling everyone you've been saying one thing, and it is crystal clear to anyone with five minutes to browse this very thread that that you said and what you claim you said are two very different things.

It's almost like you're daring people to call you on it... which isn't really much of a dare. When dealing with fanboys on the internet, the challenge generally lasts only seconds.

But I want to thank you. It was almost a sure bet that I would have bought every figure in this line a couple years back. Now the trend is shifting to 3 3/4" again, and so am I. Even if you DO make these figures, I'm not in the market for them anymore... and I'm not alone here. It's taken you so long to get product out that you're now left catering to a fanbase that's growing smaller every single day, and STILL don't have product out for them.