Any questions for Shocker Toys we are here to help

ShockerToysHelp

To remind you that you can take the high road--but you are clearly too wrapped up to realize what that is.

This thread does now violate the user terms agreement for TNI, and should, by such right, be locked, and I'll report it as such.

There's no public service or value in character assassination, deserved or not, so just what is the point of it all now?

This thread has become a vendetta, and more than few posters have made that clear.

Thanks, hall monitor. I would have sworn that I saw a moderator respond just a few posts before yours, but have fun writing your report.

Nice job forgoing any discussion and jumping to the conclusion that everything said here is character assassination. Of course there is no point in character assassination. Pointing out the crimes of a criminal isn't character assassination.

You disagree with my assessment of things. Fine. We disagree. I trust others enough to make that decision on their own. Why do you feel that you need to make judgments for others instead of letting them make them for themselves?

I explained the "point of it all." You seemed to have ignored that in your rush to try to silence the exchange of ideas.

Then why don't you strive to be? Its not hard, and you probably have the smarts to do it.

Being smart means simply knowing when to let it go.

Read more carefully. I never claimed to be better or smarter ;)

Here's some advice back at you; try not to being so smug and judgmental. You may enjoy life a little more.

Actually, my statements aren't so much character assassination as they are trying to get a legitimate response to very vaild allegations of shady business practices (i.e. promising product, taking money for product & then mysteriously not having product on multiple occasions). Also, trying to ge some sort of actual proof that some of the other statements made in this thread in regards to the product that has finally been delivered are potentially false. wwh has stated that his figures are "fine & dandy" (RIP Mr. Carlin), yet he refuses to put up the evidence of such. Thus, his statements can be construed as "character assassination" as well.

And I'm not actually a mod in this particular section. I'm also being very civil about all of this.

I will however make an executive decision here. Back off the personal attacks & language. Start behaving in a civil manner or there will be reprecussions. This goes for all of you in this little "discussion". If you can't post without profanity, personal attacks or (really) just being a rude jerk, then don't post until you've cooled off. 'Kay-thanks-bye.

It's my opinion that Shocker do a lot of things worthy of being negative about; telling lies, insulting people, not paying for work, producing substandard toys. No other toy company I know does all that to the degree Shocker does.

This. This is what I was talking about, no matter what they screw up (and to be clear, i'm not saying they don't screw up, they definitely do), you always go back to your default response. Yes they lied, yes they insulted people, etc etc, but we've heard it all ad nauseum.

Anyway, i'll leave it at that, and stick to commenting about the figures themselves.

On that note, where are all these reviews people are talking about?

SWH and Domu does this at the comicbookresources board to the point where I said a few ppl are overdoing it. Since apaprently, Geoff uses "you guys" and I used it twice on my post, it was implied but not stated that I was a shockpuppet from domu. It was said that I may have asslimilated Geoff's thoughts and words as my own simply I said "you" guys" kept bashing geoff for whatever he does. So l gave up since it is too much of a headache. I know my comment will be questioned by the few ppl I have addressed in my quote, but at this point, I don't care and no, I am not Geoff even though I have used the word" you guys" a few times.

I will however make an executive decision here. Back off the personal attacks & language. Start behaving in a civil manner or there will be reprecussions. This goes for all of you in this little "discussion". If you can't post without profanity, personal attacks or (really) just being a rude jerk, then don't post until you've cooled off. 'Kay-thanks-bye.

When a poster says this:

I do want to hurt Geoff and his company.

I have made no secret of this.

It takes this discussion from just talking about a bad company, its scummy practices and letting people know about it , to turning a decidedly disturbing corner.

There's people that have NO personal stake in this, all of a sudden taking it personally and making it personal ( and even defending their own behaviour when confronted).

For me, as a contributor to these forums, I think that goes far beyond the pale.

Geoff Beckett will ruin himself.

If someone wants to buy his products, nothing anyone here says or dies will stop them.

If Beckett has broken the law, its up to those that have been injured by him to report the crime.

Trust me though, if you contact a district attorney, or even a regular lawyer with any of this stuff.....they will laugh at you and tell you to take your ball and go home.

Beckett behaves like a scumbag, but until he breaks the law and is charged, tried and convicted for a actual crime.....there's no law against being a scumbag.

And being a scumbag isn't grounds to actively seek to ruin a person and/or their livelihood.

Stuff like what Alvatron wrote paints him ( and anyone thinking similar thoughts) in as bad a brush as Beckett, because Alvatron has NO IDEA who else could be affected by "hurting Beckett and his company".

That is not only irresponsible, but bloody scary as well.

When a poster says this:

It takes this discussion from just talking about a bad company, its scummy practices and letting people know about it , to turning a decidedly disturbing corner.

There's people that have NO personal stake in this, all of a sudden taking it personally and making it personal ( and even defending their own behaviour when confronted).

For me, as a contributor to these forums, I think that goes far beyond the pale.

If someone wants to buy his products, nothing anyone here says or dies will stop them.

If Beckett has broken the law, its up to those that have been injured by him to report the crime.

Trust me though, if you contact a district attorney, or even a regular lawyer with any of this stuff.....they will laugh at you and tell you to take your ball and go home.

Beckett behaves like a scumbag, but until he breaks the law and is charged, tried and convicted for a actual crime.....there's no law against being a scumbag.

And being a scumbag isn't grounds to actively seek to ruin a person and/or their livelihood.

Stuff like what Alvatron wrote paints him ( and anyone thinking similar thoughts) in as bad a brush as Beckett, because Alvatron has NO IDEA who else could be affected by "hurting Beckett and his company".

pquote=domu=

Originally Posted by doom saber

I know it was a joke but it got the point where you guys were bashing Geoff for everythin he does. It being a joke or not isn't the point, but just that you bash him for whatever he does. I understand it doesn't make up for what he did with excuses and delays, but lately, a lot of people just seems to post here just to rip on Geoff because it is so easy to do so. I understand if one rips him because they personally got money taking from him, but otherwise, it just been overkill unless he makes up another big major lie like why the figures aren't comming. If he ever releases indie spotlight, I can pretty much guess that the ripping would eventually stop since he would no longer be easy to rip upon and they would probably get replaced by "zombies" like WWHulk. I, for one is probably not buying the toys since 20 dollars per fig is a lot for characters I am not into. Sure, he lies, but you guys bashing him for whatever he does is no different than him banning people on his forums for whatever.

So we have a difference of opinion?

I think it should be noted again how your argument is framed. You appear to have assimilated Geoff's wording and thinking into your thoughts on the matter.

I am referring, in this instance, to your use of "you guys." You've done this before; referring to anyone that posts anything about Geoff as simply part of a larger, hive-minded group. There is no "you guys." There is no conspiracy against Geoff, no concerted, coordinated effort to make him look bad.

We are all individuals, coming at this from unique points of view. I do not bash Geoff for whatever he does. (If I did, I surely would have posted something about the no-boxes-to-ship-stuff thing.) I doubt any one person has bashed Geoff for whatever he does. (Is it even possible?) But it is easier for Geoff, and apparently you, to make blanket statements about any criticism directed at him, to categorize all critics as being of one mind, instead of dealing substantively with any particular criticism.

Person A says this about Geoff. Person B says something entirely different about Geoff. What A is saying may not have merit, but what B says clearly does. Geoff dismisses all criticism as coming from the "bias trolls," his imaginary enemies that huddle together to plan attacks on him. In that way, he dismisses the valid criticism of someone like B along with the questionable criticism of A without addressing any of the real concerns of B.

And you have apparently bought into this way of thinking. You refer to anyone critical of Geoff as a troll, as he does, conveniently excluding yourself, of course. You group any criticism, coming from whatever source, together into coming from "you guys."

Well, that's bullshit. I'm not SWH. I'm not KJ_81. I'm not doom saber. If you want to address a point that was made, then please address that point.

I've already said that it has never been about "excuses and delays" for me. (I certainly wouldn't blame you for ignoring the lengthy post in which I did so.) Yet you still seem to want to ascribe that to me and others. That's what Geoff has been doing for years.

Here's what Geoff does: He claims that X is completed and ready to ship. It doesn't. He clearly lied. I call him a liar. He claims that I don't understand that delays happen, that I'm ignorant about the intricacies of the manufacturing process.

And you fall for for it. It's settled in your mind. You know that delays happen to even the biggest and best companies. To complain about delays shows that I am ignorant or acting out of malicious intent. I must be a "bias troll."

But, I'm not talking about delays. I'm talking about lies.

When Geoff said that Indie Spotlight was shipping last Summer, he was lying. He claimed that they were ready to go. They clearly didn't ship last Summer. What reason did he give? Diamond messed up his listing. Okay, fine; assume he is telling the truth. So what caused Geoff not to make the next announced release date? And the next, and the next, and the next? Diamond messing up your listing does not/can not/will not somehow un-make product. Geoff lied to generate orders to raise money. He misled retailers and customers.

I bash Geoff for this very specific reason. (I make fun of him for other reasons, which I think I've addressed here before, which I do feel are valid reasons and not just "trolling.")

As to cutting Geoff some slack now, I'm okay with that.

To a degree.

Using the excuse of his blinding incompetence to account for why he takes people's money for things he says are done, or always very close to it, and not producing anything for a year, if ever, only goes so far with me.

Geoff's intent has been discussed before. I don't believe that he woke up and decided he would try to defraud anyone. So points to him for that. But, he is so incompetent, to the point of being unable to recognize any shortcomings, that the end result is often the same. I'm sure he intended to make GWAR toys when he took people's money for them. But that doesn't put that money, or any product, into anyone's hands.

And yes, he did get the Indie Spotlight stuff out. But not when he said he would, not when he promised he could. I know it isn't as big a "crime" as not getting product out at all. But the way he did business was still wrong. In my line of work, companies sometimes don't pay me in the agreed upon time. 30 days is normal. If someone pays me in 90 days, yeah it's way better than being stiffed, but it is still wrong and still pisses me off. I'm not in the business of providing what amounts to interest free loans to companies. Neither, I imagine, are the customers who financed Geoff getting these toys made.

Now, if Geoff had been upfront about this, I'd have no problem with it. But he wasn't. He lied to get what he wanted.

I agree. I said on the other board I said you guys(I was implyin to two ppl here and there) are going to far and should do something about Geoff maturally rather than stoopin to his level. Apparently, l was attacked for that comment by the same ppl. I never called people as trolls for delays and I am not stupid enough to buy the excuses from Geoff that they are true. IF you. DOMU) read my comments here, you know that isn't the case. I call you a troll for bashing him on whatever, not because of the delays.

Now I am waiting for you to turn around and comment on how that I have asslimilated to GEoff's thoughts as my own and that the two of them never implied that one of them implied I was Geoff; in otherwords, they are goin to twisted it against me

True, on the other forum I broke and apologize, think I was mistaken that you two are takin it too far. However, seein that you two are doin the same thing here and ppl are again callin you guys out on it, but I now realize that isn't the case and shouldn't apologize for my bad habbit of me using "you guys."

No interest in the discussion? It's unproductive, immature, petty, meaningless? Then why are you in it?

To remind you that you can take the high road--but you are clearly too wrapped up to realize what that is.

This thread does now violate the user terms agreement for TNI, and should, by such right, be locked, and I'll report it as such.

There's no public service or value in character assassination, deserved or not, so just what is the point of it all now?

This thread has become a vendetta, and more than few posters have made that clear.

And I never claimed to be better or smarter than anyone else posting here.

Then why don't you strive to be? Its not hard, and you probably have the smarts to do it.

Being smart means simply knowing when to let it go.

The few "newbies" here just only come here and comicbookresources to talk about Geoff and doesn't contribute to other topics or whatever, Arrow.

SWH and Domu does this at the comicbookresources board to the point where I said a few ppl are overdoing it. Since apaprently, Geoff uses "you guys" and I used it twice on my post, it was implied but not stated that I was a shockpuppet from domu. It was said that I may have asslimilated Geoff's thoughts and words as my own simply I said "you" guys" kept bashing geoff for whatever he does. So l gave up since it is too much of a headache. I know my comment will be questioned by the few ppl I have addressed in my quote, but at this point, I don't care and no, I am not Geoff even though I have used the word" you guys" a few times.

I never implied that you were a shockpuppet, Doom Saber. You misunderstood what I wrote. Maybe clean up what you sloppily posted and others can read for themselves what I did indeed post.

Doom Saber, Domu never "attacked" you over the use of the term "you guys". It was already explained to you that you totally misinterpreted what he said, and at the time you even agreed. So why are you now going back to feeling sorry for yourself as if you're a victim. Nobody ever accused you of being Geoff Beckett, or a sockpuppet.

After it was clarified, you agreed you had never been accused of being Geoff or a sockpuppet, and that you had misread what was said. You said:

I read Domu's posting again and I now agree that I have misread it.

The problem is that I was just heated up and have only read the postings briefly. When that happens, I only take in the words that stands out. for instance, I read the above quote the wrong way. I do apologize for that and see what you and Domu (edit: I used you guys before I changed it to "you and Domu") are saying.

So thank you, SWH for letting me realize that.

Domu was addressing an statement you made, and was addressing some underlying assumptions you had made. What Domu was saying is that you had assimilated assumptions into what you were saying, which Geoff himself often uses in formulating his arguments. Geoff implies that there is some sort of organized conspiracy against him, where the likes of myself, Domu, Alvatron and others all must share the same opinion and mission. We do not, we are all individuals, and a statement from one of us does not reflect upon others who may share some other similar opinions.

If you feel one person has gone too far, then state exactly what that one person has done, and address that person in particular. Don't make broad generalizations that anyone who has the opinion that Geoff Becket is a liar, must be "taking it too far" by simply sharing that opinion. Also don't make vague, unsubstantiated accusations about peoples conduct or behaviour, because that is also another Geoff Becket tactic you appear to have fallen for; "they tell lies", "they make stuff up", "they go too far", "they take it personally".

By combining everyone who dislikes Geoff into one single minded "group", people like yourself, WWH and Geoff himself can then ignore the individual points people have made and speak in broad, sweeping general terms. It makes it easier to try discredit any argument against Geoff by lumping it all as part of a "smear campaign" or a large "vendetta" against him.

If you feel I've told lies, gone too far or anything else, feel free to question anything in particular I may have said. As seen, I gladly produced evidence to back up what I said when WWH questioned my honesty. I'm only more than happy to do that if anyone doubts anything I might have said.

If anyone here feels that they've heard all of this before, can I ask why you're still reading threads like this? Geoff's own forum would be a great place to talk about the toys without negative comments or people highlighting his shady conduct, if that is what you want. If this thread and the posts I or anyone else make upset you, then don't read them. Real simple.

You are mixing the posts and points of different people to make your argument. That is just silly. Would it be appropriate for me to intertwine wwh quotes with yours to make a point against what you are trying to get across? The progression of your argument is fundamentally flawed because of this.

I have never said that I was attempting to get anyone to not buy Geoff's product. You've conflated what I posted with what another person posted. I said I wanted to present information that would allow people to make their own decision. But you've lumped in what I have said with what others have said because to you it's all sort of, kind of, similar. It's then an easy jump for you to label all of "us" as a "bloody scary" hive mind with a nefarious, single minded purpose.

How about instead, address the people you disagree with as individuals? We aren't all saying the same thing. If you have a problem with a poster(s), why indict the whole thread?

You are incorrect to say that only the direct victim of a crime can point out that a crime has happened. That is silly too.

Whether or not Geoff will actually be held criminally liable for anything, does not mean that what he has done isn't immoral, unethical, or just plain wrong.

Say a group of people are going to a party. Bill says he is getting a ride home with Tom. Jack says Tom has a history of drinking and driving. No, Tom has never been arrested for it. Bobby says he has seen Tom do the same thing. Are Jack and Booby participating in character assassination? Does Tom not having been arrested excuse his behavior? Jack telling the cops about Tom's past won't get Tom arrested. Tom may not ever drink and drive again. But, telling Bill about it may get Bill to find a safer ride home, or maybe even a safer ride for himself and Tom. Telling Bill about it allows him to make an informed decision.

Like I said before; I am not trying to ruin anyone. Geoff being a scumbag is absolutely sound grounds for what I am doing here.

The few "newbies" here just only come here and comicbookresources to talk about Geoff and doesn't contribute to other topics or whatever, Arrow.

Classic. Don't address any actual point I bring up. Just attack my argument by questioning my motives.

And you are calling me a troll? Instead of name calling, why not point out things in particular that I posted that you have an issue with. Then, we can have a discussion about issues.

Like, I don't think it's cool to sign up at the Shocker forum under different names to post things just to stir up trouble, just to hide insults of Geoff within the first letters of each word of a post or whatever. You know, like you have done ,Doom Saber, aka Gen Officious Suxorz. What's your justification for doing that?

This is you, isn't it?

I like bashing him every now and then, hell, who do you think Gen officious suxorz at the ST forum is? Hmmmmm....

From here, for context:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showt...1&page=3294

Post # 49405

Going by other posts of yours at CBR talking about Gen officious suxorz' posts, you were once sort of proud of what you were doing. It seems that you now feel guilty for it. And now, you seem to be projecting that guilt onto others, like myself.

Since no one asked, or probably cares, here is my completely biased, but attempting to be fair, assessment of the state of Shocker Toys.

The Good:

Geoff finally put out some product, and people are generally pleased with it. That's all most anyone is going to care about.

Geoff has mostly stayed off the internet. He hasn't resorted to the spamming of his past. He hasn't engaged in any epic arguments lately. That's a definite improvement. His non-presence is a much larger asset than his presence. He seems to have finally learned to let his product speak for itself.

The Bad:

Geoff still needs to pay off prior debts. This is a big one.

Geoff needs to announce the cancellation of the Gwar, WWTBASH, and other lines that have been on the shelf forever, or he needs to get them out soon. He needs to refund any preorder money he got for his announced and super delayed lines now, even if he still has plans to make them. It's been too long. Do it as a sign of good faith.

Geoff is still promising more than he can deliver. Why talk about series 3 of Indie Spotlight when series 1 has just barely made it out? Why keep stringing along posters at his forum with promises of making figures of characters they create for over three years now? Accept growth at a reality based pace. Don't promise what can't be delivered in any sort of reasonable time frame. Don't say you are working on acquiring a license just because someone asks about it (e.g. LoEG).

Geoff is still lying. So there may be a problem with some Scuds breaking. Don't try to hide it. Don't try to cover it up. Just deal with it.

Geoff hasn't apologized for some terrible things he has said about a lot of people and some terrible things he has done. He owes Robert Kirkman, Gail Simone, Jonah Weiland, Bobbi Boyd, comic shop owners across America, and probably others, public and sincere apologies.

Some free advice for Geoff:

Don't start taking pre-orders for product until it's on a boat on it's way to you. Doing so in the past has contributed greatly to your reputation as a liar.

Stay off message boards. You come off as a jerk.

Use whatever money you are making off of Indie Spotlight series 1 to pay the people you've used, in the worst sense of the word, to get them made. This includes your web designers. This includes the "interns" and others you've failed to compensate. If this means that you don't have enough money to start manufacturing series 2, so be it. Raise the money through other means. If it is through pre-orders, be upfront about it. People have a right to know if they are helping to finance your company through their preorder money. Otherwise, you are scamming them.

You don't need to be a Hasbro or Mattel to be successful, so stop pretending like you're bigger and more influential than you are. Your stuff doesn't need to be in Toys R Us stores. Stop posing. Respect is earned over time, not something that you can simply demand.

No more threats and phony legal notices in an attempt to squash any and all negative publicity. It makes you look stupid when you threaten internet posters with calling the FTC because they think a toy of yours is ugly. Grow thicker skin.

No more scams. No sending out mass emails to comic shops pretending to be customers wanting your product. You've finally got something to sell. Let it sell on its merits rather than your fishy marketing.

Not even getting involved with the he said she said on board...lol.

But as for fixing your figure, this is what I have done in the past to a few ML. I drill a small hole in each side of the pieces to attach and put a rod in there. The rod will help hold the two pieces together, I super glue the rod into place and then use a little (read very little) epoxy and your done. Now on small joint, this is quite tricky to get right. Its a pain but sometimes it has to be done on older figs (my figures like to swan dive off of the highest shelf from time to time).

The technique you're talking about DOES work, up to a point. I have used it before many times. The problem comes in when the part that is glued is tight. Then when you go to move the arm or leg, the glue breaks instead of the ball-socket or whatever type it is, budging.

Totally true, but its about the best method short of rebuying a figure that I know of. But it is not any good if you want to mess around alot with the figure, with this method you really have to be careful or it will become loose and break again. I have at least 6 ML that ive had to do this with, and two more (Ghost Ridder and Scorpion) that this just disnt work and had to be rebought.

Yeah this needs to be locked. These bad faith motives to end Shocker just seem childish and pretty lame. We get that haters don't like them, I might not either when I see their toys, so in that case just walk away. Focus on something to like. Feel positive.

Or, if one really has an issue with these guys, go face-to-face with this guy. If that's not possible, get a lawyer and if that doesn't work then there probably isn't a legitimate claim against them. That's it. There is a high road here, but the incessant hate-spewing here is old and this is the one time Shocker did actually release something. I think everyone can form our own opinions. Get over it haters, the world out there has something fun for you to help forget about the past. Everyomne will be happier. Frankly, I'm kinda sick of reading these arguments from either end.

Then Ditko, you know what you can do if you're sick of reading the arguments?

Stop clicking on this thread and reading them.

Yep. That simple.

How many people here have claimed they want to "end" Shocker toys? Why should a whole thread, with arguments on both sides be locked, because of what maybe one person has said? Again, don't group EVERYONE into a single group and try to say that we're all sharing the same motives and opinions. We're not all the same. Respond to what an individual has said, not making up broad assumptions about the motives of anyone who doesn't like Shocker.

What do you even think the issue is here? What would I go to a lawyer for? Because Geoff made a Shaddowhawk with a crooked mask and lopsided eyes? But because I can't sue him for that, I shouldn't be entitled to a complaint about their poor product? What, we don't have complaints about every other toy line on this board too?

Seriously. Stop reading this thread if you hate it so much.

Yeah this needs to be locked. These bad faith motives to end Shocker just seem childish and pretty lame. We get that haters don't like them, I might not either when I see their toys, so in that case just walk away. Focus on something to like. Feel positive.

Or, if one really has an issue with these guys, go face-to-face with this guy. If that's not possible, get a lawyer and if that doesn't work then there probably isn't a legitimate claim against them. That's it. There is a high road here, but the incessant hate-spewing here is old and this is the one time Shocker did actually release something. I think everyone can form our own opinions. Get over it haters, the world out there has something fun for you to help forget about the past. Everyomne will be happier. Frankly, I'm kinda sick of reading these arguments from either end.

The thing you said about suggestin' the haters to go against Shocker face to face has been said multiple times on both forums, Ditko. I apologize if that came out wrong, Ditko. What I mean is that it has been said a bunch of times, but apparently the haters do not find any fun in actually trying to stop Shocker. They seem to enjoy expressin their disgust over Shocker and would keep on bashing him over and over again as oppose to actually doing anything productive. It gets old fast, but they love it.

P.S. I am sick of the arguments too so I reading and replying to them since it is such an energy waster. I will also stop postin all together in this thread after the comment below since there is no point beatin an already bloody mess of a horse in tryin to reason with these guys in toning it done. I agree this thread should be locked since it served its purpose; I mean the regulars who onced posted here, whether they are against or for the products, already left.

But as for fixing your figure, this is what I have done in the past to a few ML. I drill a small hole in each side of the pieces to attach and put a rod in there. The rod will help hold the two pieces together, I super glue the rod into place and then use a little (read very little) epoxy and your done. Now on small joint, this is quite tricky to get right. Its a pain but sometimes it has to be done on older figs (my figures like to swan dive off of the highest shelf from time to time).

The technique you're talking about DOES work, up to a point. I have used it before many times. The problem comes in when the part that is glued is tight. Then when you go to move the arm or leg, the glue breaks instead of the ball-socket or whatever type it is, budging.

Totally true, but its about the best method short of rebuying a figure that I know of. But it is not any good if you want to mess around alot with the figure, with this method you really have to be careful or it will become loose and break again. I have at least 6 ML that ive had to do this with, and two more (Ghost Ridder and Scorpion) that this just disnt work and had to be rebought.

If you try the rod technique on a toy that is made of see-through parts, it would probably look bad.

Another thing one can do is try to recast the broken part, but it be too much work and probably be better to buy a new one. Doesn't shocker toys have some sort of return policy?

Then Ditko, you know what you can do if you're sick of reading the arguments?

Stop clicking on this thread and reading them.

Yep. That simple.

Seriously. Stop reading this thread if you hate it so much.

Fine I'll stop reading. I'm not defending Shocker and I'm not a fan of generalizations b/c there is likely an exception, but I don't see anything constructive in just bitching about a guy and essentially not having anything new to say. I would think at this point people might be positive, but we have resolute negativity and that's a loss. So you carry on with whatever your issue about Shocker and while it's not identical to every other scathing post there is a common denomnator there. I don't even own these, but I don't get how someone can hate a toy maker like he was Hitler or Mengel or someone. I'm not sure why the hell I'm on these boards so much any way.

When a poster says this:

If I brought down Beckett, it would be through his own actions, and his own practices, and therefore, my bringing problems to light, would only be pulling the cover back on something he tried to hide.

and therefore my involvement wouldn't be the cause, Geoff's own problems would be.

he's gonna screw up, or already has.

I'm gonna find it when it happens, and expose it. That's the plan.

as for other people it affects, that's not my doing, that's Geoff's doing. And if they lose their jobs because of his poor decisions, that's their fault for working for such a douche. And his fault for being one.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep if Geoff impales himself, and I'm there to catch it. Nor am I gonna lose any sleep over anybody losing their job as a result.

the way I see it, if Geoff breaks a law, and loses his ass as a result (and that's all I'm doing, looking for what he's already done, or is gonna do), and everything goes down, he deserves it.

I'm not gonna do anything but find the crack in his facade. There's a fatal flaw, and I'm gonna discover it. I want him to fail, and I hope he fails. I'm not gonna do anything to change anything, but if I find something, you better believe I'm gonna throw it back at him, and press it as far as I can, in an effort to bankrupt him.

for instance, lead paint.

I'm not gonna manufacture anything, nor am I going to attempt any kind of physical harm against him or his company, but never assume I'm not working within the system.

Wow, you've clearly thought about it alot. I'm inclined to say a little too much, perhaps.

Once most people start getting the toys, maybe we should start a new thread limited to just figure talk....cause this thread is going downhill, fast. Oh, a big 'Thanks!' to Doom & Arrow for trying to bring some logic and sense to the thread.

If you try the rod technique on a toy that is made of see-through parts, it would probably look bad.

Another thing one can do is try to recast the broken part, but it be too much work and probably be better to buy a new one. Doesn't shocker toys have some sort of return policy?

Yeah on a clear figure your basicly SOL, no way is that ever going to look right. I have luckily never had a breakage on a clear fig.

I have no idea what Shockers return policy is. I suppose if one has a problem with their figures and bought from a store like Bigbad then your okay either way. I have personally never delt with them so I cant say either way.

All I know is that the Skud I have is great, he is how I have always imagined the character. I will post a review here by Mon. because he really is quite cool. Now sure their are some minor flaws, but I have yet to get a perfect figure. There are a few things I wish were different, but again its minor compared to the positives. And really, I never thought when I was getting Skud back in the day I would ever see a figure. And I sure as hell never thought he would be to scale with my legends. Again though I cannot judge the entire line on this one figure, but all in all im quite happy. Based on this I will probally get Maxx and see how he is.

Although I do have to add the Izz, while cool, is not as cool as McFarlanes Izzes were, those were perfect. Glad I got the bag of izzes back then

so, out of curiosity... i've seen a few reviews up now for one figure at a time (guess none of those brave reviewers were willing to acquire the whole wave?) and every one of them has been "eh, not bad toys after all," but each has caveated at the beginning of the review that they were sent a free toy to review... any one know anything constructive about this?

i'm not trying to enflame the situation around here, i'm trying to ask legitimate questions... 1) why were these places singled out and sent samples? 2) do we know if these were actual production samples, or studio crafted models made specifically for the reviews? 3) have any reputable sites done reviews yet? not to imply that these folks doing the reviews are in any way not reputable, but none of them are the more renowned and noted objective reviewers.

and again, these questions would not ordinarily be asked, but we're talking about shocker... all but the most obtuse observer would have to admit it's at least prudent to ASK if they're being upfront and honest here.

so, out of curiosity... i've seen a few reviews up now for one figure at a time (guess none of those brave reviewers were willing to acquire the whole wave?) and every one of them has been "eh, not bad toys after all," but each has caveated at the beginning of the review that they were sent a free toy to review... any one know anything constructive about this?

i'm not trying to enflame the situation around here, i'm trying to ask legitimate questions... 1) why were these places singled out and sent samples? 2) do we know if these were actual production samples, or studio crafted models made specifically for the reviews? 3) have any reputable sites done reviews yet? not to imply that these folks doing the reviews are in any way not reputable, but none of them are the more renowned and noted objective reviewers.

and again, these questions would not ordinarily be asked, but we're talking about shocker... all but the most obtuse observer would have to admit it's at least prudent to ASK if they're being upfront and honest here.

OAFE wrote a review of Kabuki.

I think Shocker toys sent out free toys for review to generate some positive press for the figures since they got delayed and have been flamed for quite a while.

But so far these figures have been gettign some nice comments. I'm thinking of getting a Maxx as well.

I bought Sol (ie/ paid for it) and i'm very happy with my purchase. If this figure is any indication of the quality of the line as a whole, i'd say get em. Didnt get any of the other figures since i only collect DCUC....except Scud is my favourite book ever, and i've been waiting for Scud figures since i read my first issue.

• 3 weeks later...