Any questions for Shocker Toys we are here to help

ShockerToysHelp

Okay check this out...I CALLED Shocker Toys and asked when the Indy Spotlight was gonna come out. The person (it sounded like I was calling someone's house) told me March. I asked available to buy in March and she said yes. Intrigued I asked where they would be available (expecting to hear y'know LCS, FYE, Hot Topic, Spencers, TRU) but got a cryptic "everywhere". So there it is guys......Indy Spotlight WILL be available in March "everywhere". I'm sure Geoff will be around trying to drum up a buzz for his soon to be arriving line in March.......3309.

Another Shocker Rip-off Product.

20090207-151502-1.jpg

Since your little sign asks, here's some feedback, Geoff, so listen!

Get yourself a good lawyer to deal with the forth coming lawsuit from Hasbro regarding these Mighty Mug rip offs.

Notice the order form on the bottom right.:

NYCC exclusives that aren't available at NYCC! How much more exclusive can you get?

Pay now! Cash or Credit! Maybe get something later!

Is that the "sold out," SDCC exclusive Maxx figure pictured on the right?! Still available!

I wonder if they had any signs stating they don't actually sell anything. If this line was ever gonna come out I think they would've had them there this weekend. Did anyone get into it with them? About time they face up to not making figures.

20090207-151502-1.jpg

Get yourself a good lawyer to deal with the forth coming lawsuit from Hasbro regarding these Mighty Mug rip offs.

NYCC exclusives that aren't available at NYCC! How much more exclusive can you get?

Is that the "sold out," SDCC exclusive Maxx figure pictured on the right?! Still available!

You do know that Hasbro ripped the idea off first from Kid Robot's Munny/Dunny Urban figs?? @smilepunch@

buy_munny.jpg

http://www.kidrobot.com/2008/munny/

Since Munny are a popular series of urban vinyl PVCs, a lot of companies like Hasbro, Jakk Pacific, etc.. soon followed with their own imitations. Heck, even Cartoon Network have their own virtual versions of munny-like figures runnin around the cartoon's ad breaks.

From what l have heard, the artist who sculpted the MM, also sculpted the Munny's, even though Munny's came out several years ago.

You do know that Hasbro ripped the idea off first from Kid Robot's Munny/Dunny Urban figs?? @smilepunch@

Uh, yeah. But thanks for the history lesson anyways. ;)

Mallows = a rip-off of a rip-off. Geoff Beckett is behind the curve again.

20090207-151502-1.jpg

How in the hell can these guys try to start ANOTHER line when like the last 3 never even came out!!!! This is just insane. PS I been wondering does ANYONE have any of those Shockinis?

PS I been wondering does ANYONE have any of those Shockinis?

I have one...it was a blank one that they gave away for free (by request) when they were first starting them. You were supposed to customize one and send them a pic, i guess they wanted to promote the idea that you could make anything you wanted with them. I made a BtVS Spike, i remember it was up on the website with all the others for a while.

What's wrong with these two pictures?

From NYCC:

Picture2-16.png

From the Shocker website:

Picture1-23.png

Price creep is another thing that Geoff works into his pre-ordering schemes. Watch as later the shipping and handling included will get dropped from the online store prices. Then the price will rise again. Someone will mention it, and Geoff will explain that the extra cost is to cover included shipping and handling. Then later, the included S&H will disappear again. And on and on and on. By the time the regular line comes out, if it ever does, the figures are going to cost over $20 each. easy.

There are many smaller companies out there that we don't have to feel bad about supporting.

Onell Design

Suckadelic

Atomic Mushroom

3A Toys

There are probably a hundred more that I can't remember or don't know about.

Cool. I'll keep them in mind. Didn't know about them and like seeing the smaller companies trying make a name.

How'd I forget these guys?

Four Horsemen

I just reread this "interview" from November 20th.

Geoff Beckett uncategorically states that the Indie Spotlight series 1 figures would ship from Diamond in December.

That is correct - the line is set to ship in December. Diamond Comics will be stocking [local comic shops], Big Bad Toy Store and Toys ‘R’ Us. Oh, and yes, we have made sure this is it

Then in the comments, the "interviewer," Collin David, posts on November 22nd:

Geoff’s most recent Facebook update indicated that the Indie Spotlight stuff has arrived and is being packed up for customers.

So no excuse of some production delay. No excuse of a shipping delay. Geoff Beckett stated that the figures were done and he had received them. He LIED.

Always remember; the more certain of anything that Geoff Beckett appears, the more certain you can be that he is lying.

UPDATE

Case in point, March has now become April.

From Figures.com(emphasis mine):

Shocker Toys was at New York Comic-Con showing fans several planned action figure projects. First was their oft-delayed Indie Spotlight Series 1. Last slated for release this winter, the wave, according to Shocker Toys, will now see release in April. Series 1 is to consist of Scud, SOL (Scud Variant), Kabuki, Katchoo, ShadowHawk, ShadowHawk (Variant Black Costume), and The Maxx. Each will come packed with an Isz. Unavailable for the show, previously revealed unpainted prototypes were on display as well as photos of the figures in packaging. Shocker Toys said they plan to have production figures on display at Toy Fair.

Also shown were their "NYCC exclusives" - a translucent purple Maxx and translucent SCUD. Due to production delays (as with Series 1), these were only available for pre-order at NYCC. They are scheduled to ship in March, a month before Series 1. I played around with the two figures on display - production samples according to Shocker - and was actually impressed with their articulation. Maxx had some odd pop-off limb issues, but Scud was pretty tight.

Shocker Toys also revealed plans for a new line of designer figures called Mallow-Men. Like marshmallows, the puffy headed figures will don the likeness of animated characters. Shocker showed off concept art for two licenses they say they have, including Mad Balls and Sushi Pack.

Liars. I'm sick of them. Liars are losersin my book. Stringing people along and not holding themselves accountable is despicable. Perhaps they're not high-minded enough to even know this is wrong. I guess there are still a lot of people who don't know about them. They probably ripped off people at NYCC too.

christ, if this weren't more in the long line of bull, you'd think it was a comedy of errors.

Stop waiting for these figures.

honestly. If they do come out, no matter HOW MUCH you want Scud and Maxx, DON'T buy them. Show these assholes what their lies cost them.

tell everybody you know not to support them.

you think his toys quality will be any better than his honesty?

• 3 weeks later...

looks like they shipped their variants. http://www.shockertoys.com/news.php?articl...ns-have-shipped i really do hope this line comes out. i want that max. even if it dosnt i'll probably just buy the variant and paint it myself. its just too bad geoff is such a doushe. IF these do eventually come out i'll end up buying one of each. can never have too much iszs. plus a mail-away mr gone sounds pretty good too. the figures dont really look too bad, i just hope they get their painting down.

i have hope, but very little.

Well, it's March.

what excuse has Geoff cooked up for this month?

and if these do come out, I'm gonna hafta get a lead test kit, so that I can report him to the government if they test for high concentration.

Apparently the frighter with all the figures got stopped in the middle of the Pacific Ocean because of an obscure Fiji island holiday called N'tuk'kut!

But figures will definitely be in stores by August! For real yo!

The problem here is elementary. The release date is always in the future. We keep expecting it to be the future, but it's always the present. As soon as it's the future, and not the present, we'll see these toys.

Naturally, I'll eat my words if and when I see them and they merit a purchase.

and if these do come out, I'm gonna hafta get a lead test kit, so that I can report him to the government if they test for high concentration.
If he doesn't get these figures to stores by next NYCC, he's gonna experience a NEW American Holiday called M'nuts'hurtt.

@loll@ I love this thread @loll@ .

In their defense we might actually hit 10 pages of complaining before a new excuse. Shocker still has a few weeks to think up why they aren't coming in April. I don't think anyone's paying attention any longer; not for the purpose of wanting the toys at least.