Any questions for Shocker Toys we are here to help

ShockerToysHelp

Being somebody who celebrates the Lunar New Year(a more broad term of CNY because other asian countries celebrate it too,) I don't believe the factory closes because of the holiday. They might close early or closed on the first day of holiday, but it is laughable to believe that the factory closed for the entire holiday; that is if an american company closed its doors during the winter break as oppose to just Christmas. Even if the factory is on break for a day or a week, how would this affect the delivery time? I mean, lets say it is only one day, which is Monday. Couldn't they just make it and deliver it to the states for comicon? Also, it takes months for a shipment of toys to come from China, therefore, they should already be here by now for Comicon, which is like in two weeks.

This reminds me of another toy company that kept blaming the Chinese factories for delays. It is funny that if a toy company is at fault for something, tjhey blame the chinese factories. I bet if any of the st toys end up with bad sculptin or ugly lookin' mugs, ST will blame the factories.

Ok, for those that don't understand the CHinese Culture. During the Chinese New Year period, that's a 10 day holiday and because there's no workers all the factories are closed. Hasbro and Mattel aren't shipping out anything right now as far as I know. I havent seen any new Marvel Legends for a while and DCUC wave 6 are shipped to Mattel's storage already as far as I know. It' just that the single figure cases are all screwed because Mattel didn't give enough instructions to the factory so there's no variants in the single cases.

Usually the companies are aware of the CNY holiday and asks the factory to finish off the products before Feb. CNY is not a lame excuse for delay but rather late production or pre-production. I don't think the factories are to be blamed. They should be aware of China's local holidays.

Ok, for those that don't understand the CHinese Culture. During the Chinese New Year period, that's a 10 day holiday and because there's no workers all the factories are closed. Hasbro and Mattel aren't shipping out anything right now as far as I know.

That's all understood. But Geoff claimed that the figures had left the factory on the 12th of January. It's still says that on the front page of the Shocker website. If the figures were made then, why would the Chinese New Year period, which didn't start for another 2 weeks, delay their shipment? Did he decide to pay to have the completed figures stored for several weeks so that he could try to have them shipped during the Chinese New Year period? That simply doesn't make sense. Geoff Beckett lied. Again.

Chinese New Year doesn't explain why these won't be available at least until March (when they probably still won't anyway... but I won't get ahead of myself)

How does a 10 day holiday at the factory, which takes place AFTER these were allegedly manufactured and shipped to the US by December 31, cause these to not arrive in the US until March?? 3 MONTHS LATER! It doesn't make any sense. It looks more like these are only now being manufactured (which is why the delay at the factory comes into play), and won't plan to ship until March.

However...

Shocker said these were made.

Shocker said they had shipped.

So, clearly... Shocker lied. Again.

So after how many lies they've told, what reason is there to believe that they will now come in March?

Ok, for those that don't understand the CHinese Culture. During the Chinese New Year period, that's a 10 day holiday and because there's no workers all the factories are closed. Hasbro and Mattel aren't shipping out anything right now as far as I know.

That's all understood. But Geoff claimed that the figures had left the factory on the 12th of January. It's still says that on the front page of the Shocker website. If the figures were made then, why would the Chinese New Year period, which didn't start for another 2 weeks, delay their shipment? Did he decide to pay to have the completed figures stored for several weeks so that he could try to have them shipped during the Chinese New Year period? That simply doesn't make sense. Geoff Beckett lied. Again.

As I said in my previous comment, even if the factories closed for more than one day, it is not logical to have the the lunar new year affect the toy productions especially how comicom is on Feb 6-8. Shocker toys have to be either completely moronic or lazy to believe that the productions of exclusive action figures can be done and shipped to their warehouse in a week!

I mean, toys are made several months before hitting retail because of production and shipping times.

Ok, for those that don't understand the CHinese Culture. During the Chinese New Year period, that's a 10 day holiday and because there's no workers all the factories are closed. Hasbro and Mattel aren't shipping out anything right now as far as I know. I havent seen any new Marvel Legends for a while and DCUC wave 6 are shipped to Mattel's storage already as far as I know. It' just that the single figure cases are all screwed because Mattel didn't give enough instructions to the factory so there's no variants in the single cases.

Usually the companies are aware of the CNY holiday and asks the factory to finish off the products before Feb. CNY is not a lame excuse for delay but rather late production or pre-production. I don't think the factories are to be blamed. They should be aware of China's local holidays.

Of course you haven't seen any ML for a while. Outside of the Holocaust wave & the 2-packs, there aren't any being released.

And the DCUC wave 6 is already hitting stores, complete with variants in the cases. I should know as I bought a full set plus Dr. Impossible & the regular Supes for my buddy Sunday night.

And as many have pointed out, Shocker has claimed to have these already produced & on the way. Yet now the holiday is somehow affecting figures that have been finished & shipped. Which is blatantly impossible any way you try to spin it. Of course, you still haven't come up with an excuse for the fact that the figures were promised, by ST, to be in stores last month. They lied. Period.

I assume the comicom figs will be out eventually since ST always release their SDCC figs maybe because to let fans believe that they are a legitimate toy company, so as they can preorder the normal series.

As for the normal indie figures, I doubt it if they are releaased at retail as oppose to comicon.

Of course you haven't seen any ML for a while. Outside of the Holocaust wave & the 2-packs, there aren't any being released.

And the DCUC wave 6 is already hitting stores, complete with variants in the cases. I should know as I bought a full set plus Dr. Impossible & the regular Supes for my buddy Sunday night.

And as many have pointed out, Shocker has claimed to have these already produced & on the way. Yet now the holiday is somehow affecting figures that have been finished & shipped. Which is blatantly impossible any way you try to spin it. Of course, you still haven't come up with an excuse for the fact that the figures were promised, by ST, to be in stores last month. They lied. Period.

True since some ppl have already gotten wave 7 of DCUC

Haven't posted here in a while, but I thought this was kinda funny:

http://www.robschrab.com/new-scud-action-f.../#comment-11537

Specifically, I just LOVE this quote:

Here is an interesting fact though if you keep calling out a company when they are trying their hardest and call the lyers and scammers and quoting FTC rules that cause stores to cancel orders and customers not to order You cannot demand something then rip apart the company making it less likely for them to be able to produce toys.

Hmm. Yeah, that does sound reasonable on the surface. But wait, let's look at what Geoff is actually saying:

quoting FTC rules that cause stores to cancel orders and customers not to order

Oh, yes, how dreadful of anyone to insist that you follow the law. How terrible it must be to be forced into complying with the same rules and regulations as everyone else. It must be hell to have someone trying to ensure that you don't rip anyone off. How dare people insist that you live up to your claims of being able to make these toys after you screwed yourself.

My heart bleeds for you Geoff. No, really. I think I might cry at your pain or something.

They really lose credibility using The Chinese New Year as an excuse, especially since it occurs after they claimed the series shipped. And then we're to blame for retailers cancelling?? Oh well. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what's up in March, but we've been down that road, what now, 5 times already? Still, it's only 4-5 weeks from now. Curious what will happen then...

I think that when Wizard and ToyFare, 2 well read mags in our genre both promoted this line, Shocker should have went overtime to get these out on time. No excuses. Other toy companies get product out. Why not them? I'm not totally convinced these guys are scammers. I don't who's left to buy what they are selling, literally and figuratively. They just seem incapable of closing the deal and I'm saying that in the nicest possible way. Too bad. Maybe we'll all be in for a surprise next month!

Haven't posted here in a while, but I thought this was kinda funny:

http://www.robschrab.com/new-scud-action-f.../#comment-11537

Specifically, I just LOVE this quote:

Here is an interesting fact though if you keep calling out a company when they are trying their hardest and call the lyers and scammers and quoting FTC rules that cause stores to cancel orders and customers not to order You cannot demand something then rip apart the company making it less likely for them to be able to produce toys.

Hmm. Yeah, that does sound reasonable on the surface. But wait, let's look at what Geoff is actually saying:

quoting FTC rules that cause stores to cancel orders and customers not to order

Oh, yes, how dreadful of anyone to insist that you follow the law. How terrible it must be to be forced into complying with the same rules and regulations as everyone else. It must be hell to have someone trying to ensure that you don't rip anyone off. How dare people insist that you live up to your claims of being able to make these toys after you screwed yourself.

My heart bleeds for you Geoff. No, really. I think I might cry at your pain or something.

I am sorry to ask 8 ball, but can you translate for me Geoff's quote? I can't understand what Geoff have written since the grammar is really bad. What I got was that Geoff is saying that if ppl are calling his company liars and scammers, stores will cancel their orders, therefore it is the customers'' fault for demanding a product while flamming the company at the same time, making it harder to produce? I think I get it after rewritting it, but damn it was tough to understand what Geoff has written.

Imo, I think Geoff is makin excuses and if retail really cancelled their orders because of the Federal Trade Commision, Shocker toys cannot really blame anyone since they took a very very long time in making their products and at the same time, taking preorder payments for years w/o refunds

I am sorry to ask 8 ball, but can you translate for me Geoff's quote? I can't understand what Geoff have written since the grammar is really bad. What I got was that Geoff is saying that if ppl are calling his company liars and scammers, stores will cancel their orders, therefore it is the customers'' fault for demanding a product while flamming the company at the same time, making it harder to produce? I think I get it after rewritting it, but damn it was tough to understand what Geoff has written.

That's the gist of it... but the part that's so incredibly ridiculous is that he's saying that the people claiming his company are liars and scam "artists" are to blame because they brought in the law and are trying to get him to obey it, yet still make the toys he promised.

It's the darnedest thing... I just can't feel bad that following the law makes it harder for him to operate his "toy company". It's called accountability, and he needs to be held to it just like anyone else.

The CBR LitG Shocker thread has been closed and will be deleted soon.

Here's the final post:

Gentlemen,

I'm going to shut down this thread. After repeated calls and e-mails and threats from Geoff about this thread, of which I don't believe any of it is actionable, I have decided to shut this thread down. This does not mean I am supporting Shocker Toys work in any way, just that I don't want to deal with any further calls of the level of which I received yesterday. This would be the second call I've received from him and while the first last year was unprofessional, his call on Tuesday was completely out of bounds. His call has been logged and his actions noted with my attorney.

Shocker Toys is no longer welcome on the CBR Forums and their accounts will be banned. If any users who are familiar with their account names could get in touch with me via PM, I'll add them to the list.

In 12 - 24 hours I will soft delete this thread -- that means that while the posts will not be publicly readable, I'll still have access to them should there be that need.

I do this if only to avoid further interaction with Shocker or its employees. While I will not go into details, the call yesterday was the last straw and once again I will reiterate that there is no belief on my or my lawyer's part that any legal action can take place as a result of this thread.

-- Jonah Weiland

Executive Producer, CBR

- CBR - Blog -

I am so disappointed. As an archive of Geoff's shady practices, it's invaluable.

Geoff's on a internet scrubbing tear lately. Must be needing to convince some investors to cough up some money.

First, two threads from the DC boards were deleted yesterday. Then came the announcement concerning the LitG thread. Now, I just noticed that the A-F.com article that was being discussed over in the LitG thread has had its comments deleted.

Is this thread next?

Geoff's on a internet scrubbing tear lately. Must be needing to convince some investors to cough up some money.

First, two threads from the DC boards were deleted yesterday. Then came the announcement concerning the LitG thread. Now, I just noticed that the A-F.com article that was being discussed over in the LitG thread has had its comments deleted.

Is this thread next?

It what ST doin' legal? I mean the main purpose of havin' people reviewing their toys and givin' them feedback is to help the company learn from its mistakes, somethin' that shockertoys wanted, which is why they are as open as Sota when it comes to consumers communicatin' with them. However, ST deletes all the feedback they don't like, which is virtually anythin that questions or critizes them; basically, them deletin comments makes the whole concept of them listenin to the fans who buy their crap moot.

I also notice that reviews are deleted as well since I remember there was a detailed and unbias review about the Deathlok metapolypse figs on OAFE, which l cannot find on the site anymore. Either I remembered wrong or that it was deleted because of Geoff; maybe he didn't like how the reviewer said the paint, which were painted in someone's house btw, were sloppy.

Here's a brief description of the threatening phone call made by Geoff Beckett to Jonah Weiland at CBR:

Geoff Beckett is nucking futs. Screaming like a lunatic and swearing nonstop while Jonah tells him to calm down and explain what this is all about. The guy is certifiable.

It what ST doin' legal? I mean the main purpose of havin' people reviewing their toys and givin' them feedback is to help the company learn from its mistakes, somethin' that shockertoys wanted, which is why they are as open as Sota when it comes to consumers communicatin' with them. However, ST deletes all the feedback they don't like, which is virtually anythin that questions or critizes them; basically, them deletin comments makes the whole concept of them listenin to the fans who buy their crap moot.

Well, it depends on how you look at it. It's not illegal for them to determine what goes on on their own boards, but it is very impolite to delete and ban people for expressing views that disagree with your ego. It is, however, illegal to threaten people elsewhere with legal and physical harm for exercising first-amendment rights, especially after the threatening party has gone out of their way to solicit opinion. Most people just don't have the time, patience, and most importantly, the money to deal with something like that, and just find it's less hassle to get rid of the "offense" altogether. Yes, this is in effect giving into a bully, but it's the most readily-available option to get said bully to back off.

I highlight something that I feel is a bit of an inaccuracy in your statement... there is an underlying assumption that Shocker has MADE something to buy, and that people HAVE bought it. More importantly, it alludes to a fandom that simply doesn't exist. Geoff's several dozen internet aliases and half-a-dozen blind/rabid supporters doesn't constitute a large enough group to be referred to collectively as "fans". ;)

Well, it depends on how you look at it. It's not illegal for them to determine what goes on on their own boards, but it is very impolite to delete and ban people for expressing views that disagree with your ego. It is, however, illegal to threaten people elsewhere with legal and physical harm for exercising first-amendment rights, especially after the threatening party has gone out of their way to solicit opinion. Most people just don't have the time, patience, and most importantly, the money to deal with something like that, and just find it's less hassle to get rid of the "offense" altogether. Yes, this is in effect giving into a bully, but it's the most readily-available option to get said bully to back off.

I highlight something that I feel is a bit of an inaccuracy in your statement... there is an underlying assumption that Shocker has MADE something to buy, and that people HAVE bought it. More importantly, it alludes to a fandom that simply doesn't exist. Geoff's several dozen internet aliases and half-a-dozen blind/rabid supporters doesn't constitute a large enough group to be referred to collectively as "fans". ;)

I was aware of the statement I have made at the time of writing actually since I was referring to the metalpocalypse and shockini figures, which were deemed crap by ppl, yet for some odd reason has a fan following. There is no contradiction to my statement since Shocker Toys indeed made something to buy, which people have in the past. However, the critisms people had with the shocktinis and the metalpoclypse figures were usually met with harassment or ban on the a-f.com forums.

We can pretend Shocker Toys never made and sell a toy that people actually bought during their existence, but I don't see what the point of doing that, imo. I am not defending Shocker Toys, but they have fans and supportors, though most of them are blind fanboys like WWIIhulk or whatever his name is. We may not like shocker toys, but there are some people who are more into comics, have never heard of Shocker toys reputation and are supporting them just so they can get a toy of scud or whatever; one of my friends since 3rd grade is a fan of shocker toys despite never buyin one of their toys; he likes Shocker toy's attitude and cannot wait to get ahold of a scud and maxx figure.

Threads screaming for Shocker's head are being deleted? I like the idea of 'soft deletion' since evidence will still exist if needed that Shocker has a history of burning people. I wish they could be an honest company and just make some toys. Otherwise I guess they will fade away; these threads are really all there is to remind us of them sadly.

I also don't like how everything I read about them is so juvenile and unprofessional. I'm not sure I understand how they are even a company. grrr. I feel bad saying negative things b/c they are the little guy and I did want them to suceed, but enough is enough.

I feel bad saying negative things b/c they are the little guy and I did want them to suceed, but enough is enough.

There are many smaller companies out there that we don't have to feel bad about supporting.

Onell Design

Suckadelic

Atomic Mushroom

3A Toys

There are probably a hundred more that I can't remember or don't know about.

Cool. I'll keep them in mind. Didn't know about them and like seeing the smaller companies trying make a name.

If I even believed it was true that these are being made, I think it might be funny to hire some international sea pirates to sink the cargo ship with all the toys on it.

of course that's just a fantasy, but it would be hilarious, and serve them right.

but then, that's assuming they even plan on making these, which they don't.

If I even believed it was true that these are being made, I think it might be funny to hire some international sea pirates to sink the cargo ship with all the toys on it.

of course that's just a fantasy, but it would be hilarious, and serve them right.

but then, that's assuming they even plan on making these, which they don't.

LMAO

I also dun think these are bein produced other than the "SDCC" figs. if ya want to be complete dicks, show this Copyright infringment commercial around: