Any questions for Shocker Toys we are here to help

ShockerToysHelp

That's fair enough to point out the cutthroat nature of the industry or business in general really, but the rube is that any other company using 'underhanded tactics' actually does release something. I totally agree that people will, or at least should buy these based upon coolness, but the internet community has become so disenchanted with them being nothing but lip-service.

Should these come out I think people will change their tune. Unfortunately there is no evidence that these will ever see release and people have paid money on pre-orders for something they'll likely never receive. That goes beyond tactics and into criminal behavior. I do think though that many of us will be happy to eat our words should they come through. The line looks like it could be cool.

I'm talking about collectors, who are WELL aware of their lies, and childishness.

I for one would rather hammer carpet tacks into my scrotum than to give any of my hard earned money to such infantile thieves.

I would've been happy to eat my words two months ago.

I would've been happy to eat my words a month ago.

I will not eat my words. I stand victorious in my rightness. Even if they released something now, I'd STILL be right. Because they lied about the release dates, and delayed this for three long years.

Well, 1/3 of the Shocker Toys's comic line is going to be released as exclusives for SDCC. Not shockingly(no pun intended,) that the exclusives are non painted figs:

NYCC09ShockMaxx.jpg

NYCC09ShockScud.jpg

January 2009 - NY - Comic-Con returns to New York Febuary 6-8th and Shocker Toys LLP will be in full force at Booth# 1051 with new products showcasing and bringing two big show exclusives to the event.

Very pleased will be the fans of Rob Schrab’s Scud and Sam Keith’s The Maxx. Shocker Toys LLP will have on hand SCUD the Disposable Assassin and MTV’s the Maxx in a translucent fully poseable action figure form. Each figure will come packaged with their regular Indie Spotlight accessories. Scud will be featured in a smokey translucent yellow with a translucent yellow Isz and interchangeable hands with 11mm guns. The Maxx will be featured in smokey translucent purple and come with 2 heads and 3 translucent purple Isz. These are limited edition figures with only 300 of each produced and once gone will only become a highly sought after collectible.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/

Guess they are bein released though non painted, like their other figures.

These are limited edition figures with only 300 of each produced and once gone will only become a highly sought after collectible.

Not 'well-liked'.

Not 'high-quality'.

Not 'praise-worthy'.

Only 'highly sought'.

Which would have EVERYTHING to do with the minuscule production numbers, rather than actual demand.

Because you're just not going to find thousands of fans of Scud and Maxx out there who want the figures in unpainted, feature-negating transparent plastic (coincidence? I think not) to represent them as they have never appeared. @hmmm@

These are limited edition figures with only 300 of each produced and once gone will only become a highly sought after collectible.

Not 'well-liked'.

Not 'high-quality'.

Not 'praise-worthy'.

Only 'highly sought'.

Which would have EVERYTHING to do with the minuscule production numbers, rather than actual demand.

Because you're just not going to find thousands of fans of Scud and Maxx out there who want the figures in unpainted, feature-negating transparent plastic (coincidence? I think not) to represent them as they have never appeared. @hmmm@

The figures not being unpainted is not suprising since all of Shocker's products, save for the statues and the poorly painted DEathlok figures(the latter being painted in house,) were released non-painted. I think ST is releasing these since these are the ones they can afford and it would give them an excuse that they did release some toys and are not a scam despite they are releassing only a limited run of toys, much like the GWAR figures.

The figures not being unpainted is not suprising since all of Shocker's products, save for the statues and the poorly painted DEathlok figures(the latter being painted in house,) were released non-painted. I think ST is releasing these since these are the ones they can afford and it would give them an excuse that they did release some toys and are not a scam despite they are releassing only a limited run of toys, much like the GWAR figures.

Absolutely agreed. The "Coincidence? I think not" comment was meant to point out that the unpainted nature (which in itself brings down cost) combined with transparent plastic will 'wash out' a lot of detail, making it harder to judge sculpt quality. So basically, Shocker's popping out some low-cost, bad-quality figures at ridiculously low production numbers so that they can gush about how they made something special and so many people wanted it, when the complete opposite will be true.

Absolutely agreed. The "Coincidence? I think not" comment was meant to point out that the unpainted nature (which in itself brings down cost) combined with transparent plastic will 'wash out' a lot of detail, making it harder to judge sculpt quality. So basically, Shocker's popping out some low-cost, bad-quality figures at ridiculously low production numbers so that they can gush about how they made something special and so many people wanted it, when the complete opposite will be true.

Never thought about the unpainted toy with the transparent plasic would make it harder to see the details, which I do agree on. I mean it does seem logical since transparent plastic is more expensive than regular plastic (or so I was told) so there is a good reason why they went with see through plastic on figures that doesn't have cloakin powers in the comic. You're right since why else would shocker toys make it transparent unless they want to cover something else up. I think months from now, the company will cnacel the toyline and if somebody questions about them not being a toy company and have no intentions of bringin the indie figs out, they can just simply point to the exclusives as a cop out.

I wonder if anyone will buy them. Limited run of the figures we recently saw pictured? I'd buy them, but this exclusive is a slap in the face. I think they said the figures shipped from factory on 1/12 though so if they really are in transit we'll know when? By the first week of the month? Maybe they really are coming.

How could they claim product was shipping? They'd be done if they didn't deliver, no excuse will make up for that! Oh well, we'll see, but releasing translucent figures is dumb. Especially when before the actual figure.

Geoff Becket is now saying that IS1 will be arriving in March. Obviously to give himself extra time to get more pre-orders at NYCC. Clearly these can't even be made yet, since that's 3 months from now. Shipping wouldn't take that long.

It proves he was lying when he said they shipped in December, since there's no way it would take 3 months for them to arrive in the US if they left in December. So since he lied about that, and on top of all the previous dates he's promised they'd be ready by, there is absolutely no reason to believe that they will be ready by March either.

Don't believe the fact that he has new, nicer looking figures, since he's been showing off prototypes for years now. He's obviously just got some nicer ones made this time. But since we can all see that he has lied, time after time, about these being made... there is absolutely no reason to believe him this time.

Given their track record ( or lack thereof, Shocker has even gotten out of the locker room, much less onto the "track". I doubt they've even arrived at the stadium, or left their mom's basement to get to the bus station to get to the stadium....but I digress.) what kind of customer service and satisfaction policy do they have in place? Y'know, in case their quality control is severly lacking and the inferior product breaks the moment it's out of the packaging and you move one of the limbs? Will they refund and/or replace the defective merchandise? Or is it a case of 'caveat emptor'? Because I know a majority of outlets where these will be availible are strictly "no refund" types of places like Convention dealers and comic shops. They can't afford to be eating the cost of defective merch being returned in droves. I'd be extremely leery of purchasing these without knowing there was some company mandated recourse for custumer satisfaction.

I don't know does this help give people any confidence but here's some packaged pics.

http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/viewtopic...f=19&t=2959

That should not give people any confidence at all.

Because of the fact Shocker are now saying these will be "shipping to the US" in March, that means the actual, finished figures are not already manufactured. Once again we have proof Shocker was lying. They said that these were going to be in stores in December. That became "shipping to the US" in December. Now they won't be available until March. So that is PROOF they were lying about the December date all together. So, why should anyone have confidence in these being available in March? They were lying when they said only recently that these were made, and on the boat to the US. Why would anyone believe anything Shocker says now?

If they were finished, it wouldn't take until March for them to reach the US. So, since they won't finish making these until March, that can't be a finished product. That means these packaged pics are merely mock-ups and prototypes, and in no way an indication of finished products. And if we look at the past 3 years, the ONLY thing Shocker have ever done is show prototypes. So, the fact that they're showing some new prototypes should not give people even the slightest bit of confidence that they're any closer to these being made. It's still the same old story.

The delay until March is because Gwooof used his millitary connections to board the boat and order the captain to turn back to China. When they arrived, they were forced to open the container and take pics of the products to "silence the bias trolls once and for all".

I missed it, when did he announce March?? Indeed it was said many times they shipped in December, so you guys hit the nail on the head about them lying. At least now it's beyond speculation. That's terrible.

The packaged pics at least look nice and usually that means they will see release. Maybe, just maybe, it'll come to pass. At what point do they have to answer for this? It still seems criminal, but I guess if they make the right excuses they can avoid any real recourse. Caveat emptor is right

Actually at Toy Fair last year they were saying the figures would be on the shelves in 90 days. Which would have been May. But then they said they meant July. Which would of course be more than 90 days. May & July both came & went without any sign of anything at all, except the crappy SDCC exclusives that were horribly overpriced & woefully inadequate in appearance. Finally around Spetember or October they said the figures would be on the shelves by December, definitely for certain. And then in December they said they were "shipping" to the States in December.

So yeah, packaged samples don't mean squat.

Actually at Toy Fair last year they were saying the figures would be on the shelves in 90 days. Which would have been May. But then they said they meant July. Which would of course be more than 90 days. May & July both came & went without any sign of anything at all, except the crappy SDCC exclusives that were horribly overpriced & woefully inadequate in appearance. Finally around Spetember or October they said the figures would be on the shelves by December, definitely for certain. And then in December they said they were "shipping" to the States in December.

So yeah, packaged samples don't mean squat.

@grumpy@ Man. I've only loosely followed this line's history and thought Shocker to be dubious at best, but will now wait and see what their excuse is in March. If they aren't out then I'd like to see someone make these guys answer for their ripoff practices. They picked up 2 new distributors, probably b/c they don't know their track record and are the only ones who will do business now. Why else would Diamond drop them? That's gotta be a red flag.

At least they've made it to packaging stages. Ugh...I'd laugh if I didn't want these.

Given their track record ( or lack thereof, Shocker has even gotten out of the locker room, much less onto the "track". I doubt they've even arrived at the stadium, or left their mom's basement to get to the bus station to get to the stadium....but I digress.) what kind of customer service and satisfaction policy do they have in place? Y'know, in case their quality control is severly lacking and the inferior product breaks the moment it's out of the packaging and you move one of the limbs? Will they refund and/or replace the defective merchandise? Or is it a case of 'caveat emptor'? Because I know a majority of outlets where these will be availible are strictly "no refund" types of places like Convention dealers and comic shops. They can't afford to be eating the cost of defective merch being returned in droves. I'd be extremely leery of purchasing these without knowing there was some company mandated recourse for custumer satisfaction.

Look back a couple of pages to see how they respond to genuine customer enquiries, when a customer asks about the Deathklok package a friend bought for him.

Geoff's response says it all.

No tact, no courtesy, just a basic 'screw you, we haz your moneyz'

how can they call them NYCC Exclusives if they aren't even attending or selling them at NYCC?

Re: Scud, Maxx Store Exclusives up for pre-order!

Postby ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Shocker Toys will not be attending NYCC. We will be offering free shipping to those who have opted for show pick up of the exclusives. Due to the chinese new year causing gov restrictions on factory we will not be able to get the exclusives in time. All exclusive orders will ship to customers on March 2nd. We apoligize for the mix up and have offered the free shipping to anyone who has already ordered for pick up at NYCC.

We will have IS1 and the smokey versions at Toy fair for coverage and as mentioned in the IS1 shipping thread customers will start getting their IS1 products as of March 2009.

http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/viewtopic...?p=38821#p38821

And they're not even on the exibitor list for NYCC 09.

Either:

1) NYCC already edited their name out, or

2) they never had a booth to begin with.

http://nycc09.mapyourshow.com/2_1/search.c...3e04d253b?let=S

HA! "Chinese New Year Govt restrictions on factory" WTF?!? Seriously, I can't stop laughing.

"Yeah, man, like, the Chinese Govt is having their new year and shutting down JUST our factory and also JUST our shipping boats. All the other manufacturers like Hasbro, Mattel, Nike, etc (basically EVERY other vendor) will be getting their stuff to America despite the Chinese New Year. But we're, like, pretty much screwed 'n stuff. Dude. Ohhhh, also? We've decided we're gonna, like, bring in everything on trucks cause it's, like, cheaper n' stuff? So we gotta wait until, like the northpole freezes up and drive 'em over that way. Cause, like, our trucks don't wanna drive on the water in the Pacific. Bummer. Anyway, it's gonna be, like March before the trucks get there. And by March, I mean November. But if you wanna, like send me money for, like pre-orders n' stuff, that'd be cool, man. Send Cash."

WOW!! So, how come other companies are getting product out now? The Chinese New Year isn't affecting them. At least this is entertaining. Do the creators of these characters follow all the delays and excuses? I'm sure they'll pull out soon and that will be the reason for the next cancellation/postponement.

Shocker wasn't even on the NYCC list?? These guys don't do bad marketing though. Wizard and Toyfare as well another toy publication were hyping the line. I'm sure people planned on or already ordered and exclusive. If these guys were just honest and competent they would've delivered and had been profitable. They could've been respectable and earned repeat business as well to grow their company.

I wonder what their overall goal is, b/c it isn't toy business. Must be a front for something or way to earn capital for something else. I mean, people actually knew about IS, they won't forget this. Oh, and they really should get an editor who can spell correctly.

how can they call them NYCC Exclusives if they aren't even attending or selling them at NYCC?

Re: Scud, Maxx Store Exclusives up for pre-order!

Postby ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Shocker Toys will not be attending NYCC. We will be offering free shipping to those who have opted for show pick up of the exclusives. Due to the chinese new year causing gov restrictions on factory we will not be able to get the exclusives in time. All exclusive orders will ship to customers on March 2nd. We apoligize for the mix up and have offered the free shipping to anyone who has already ordered for pick up at NYCC.

We will have IS1 and the smokey versions at Toy fair for coverage and as mentioned in the IS1 shipping thread customers will start getting their IS1 products as of March 2009.

http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/viewtopic...?p=38821#p38821

And they're not even on the exibitor list for NYCC 09.

Either:

1) NYCC already edited their name out, or

2) they never had a booth to begin with.

http://nycc09.mapyourshow.com/2_1/search.c...3e04d253b?let=S

SMH at the Chinese New Year excuse........ @loll@