Any questions for Shocker Toys we are here to help

ShockerToysHelp

SOTA didn't take anyone's money for pre-orders, unlike Shocker.

They have. However, unlike Shocker, it was logicial because they had preorders for the SDCC two packs, which was a month away. They took the money but realized they couldn't get all the units in time. As a result, they sent an extra SF toy to the ppl who have had their preorders delayed.

Quite true, I do stand slightly corrected there. Though if I remember correctly, they didn't take pre-orders until a month before SDCC, which is quite normal to begin pre-orders a month before the expected delivery date. They obviously had all intentions of having them ready by that date. And SOME product had been made, just not all of them. Subsequently all orders were filled.

Shocker have clearly had no intention of having anything ready by the dates they have stated, since they always come out with a new excuse that pushes the release back by about another 3 or so months only when the previous date is not met. And still nothing remotely close to a finished product has been shown. There is a huge price difference between getting a few casts made (you can actually do that in your backyard with some relatively cheap equipment, and a lot of people do) and doing an entire production run, with factory paints, packaged in full color packaging and shipped to the US. Obviously Shocker don't have the ability to get it done.

I haven't been following the Indie Comics line so I only assume their production started last year. Sometimes after Legendary Comic Book Heroes got canceled. But I wouldn't say it's a scam. I didn't order any Indie figures and don't know anyone ordering so I'm not sure how the process works and do you need to pre-pay or not.

I haven't been following the Indie Comics line so I only assume their production started last year. Sometimes after Legendary Comic Book Heroes got canceled. But I wouldn't say it's a scam. I didn't order any Indie figures and don't know anyone ordering so I'm not sure how the process works and do you need to pre-pay or not.

Well the line was announced 3 years ago, and this process has been playing out over and over the entire time, so it's quite clear to anyone who has been following it that it is indeed a scam.

Shocker have been taking pre-orders for months, while evidently being completely aware that these would not be ready in December. They charge people right away through PayPal. Now through PayPal, you only have 45 days to file a complaint and get a refund. By stalling and "delaying" the line, Shocker is ensuring that they can keep people's money without having to deliver anything. Go sign up to their official forum and ask them why they do that... you'll get banned, and your question will be deleted. It's happened to plenty of others.

They also had another email scam recently that was uncovered, where they were contacting comic stores all over the US, pretending to be a customer "in the area", and asking the store to order a full set of the figures. So scamming stores into ordering products people aren't interested in, and which haven't been made.

Hey let's not forget that Shocker claims that LCBH stole the idea from them.....

I think too, that Jesse was able to get the rights to many characters b/c he informed the creators and retailers that Shocker would be unable to put these out. I say informed rather than said b/c after this time he right. December, the third release date has come and gone. And the author of this thread has gone missing.

I can't believe they continue to insult us by telling us we're "haters" or "trolls." And they even had press at NYCC last year and preorders on sites. I'd say it's funny if it weren't sad. With the standard heroes at Marvel and DC guaranteed to get toys even if delayed or a wave is cancelled, lesser known indie comics don't have many fighting for them. I wish Image had an Image Direct or something. If the substance isn't always best, the visuals of non-DC and non-Marvel characters are often very striking and toyetic.

I wish they could just push out Series 1 and 2 at least.

I think too, that Jesse was able to get the rights to many characters b/c he informed the creators and retailers that Shocker would be unable to put these out. I say informed rather than said b/c after this time he right. December, the third release date has come and gone. And the author of this thread has gone missing.

I can't believe they continue to insult us by telling us we're "haters" or "trolls." And they even had press at NYCC last year and preorders on sites. I'd say it's funny if it weren't sad. With the standard heroes at Marvel and DC guaranteed to get toys even if delayed or a wave is cancelled, lesser known indie comics don't have many fighting for them. I wish Image had an Image Direct or something. If the substance isn't always best, the visuals of non-DC and non-Marvel characters are often very striking and toyetic.

l think that the rumor about Falcon tellin ppl not to license with Shocker is a rumor that Shockertoys created. A lie because that is so unporfessional of a toy company, especially one that has been around for a time. 2nd, the email that was goin around the net written by Toybiz, sayin how retrailers shouldn't carry the indy spotlight toys. However, the email was written poorly, as if it was written by Geoff. It is also not the last time emails with bad grammar went around the net. Recently, shockertoys wrote an email, claimin to be a customer who wants to buy shockertoys at his local comicbook store.

Also, it was discovered that shockertoys did not get all the licenses they said they have gotten; I mean, this claim seems right since it explains why Marveltoys were able to have madman license even though ST said they had it first.

They have. However, unlike Shocker, it was logicial because they had preorders for the SDCC two packs, which was a month away. They took the money but realized they couldn't get all the units in time. As a result, they sent an extra SF toy to the ppl who have had their preorders delayed.

Well, SOTA actually delivered product, what Shocker is doing is larceny. Especially since you cannot cancel once they have your money (but then, they need it, to fuel their hype machine).

goddamn thieves.

l think that the rumor about Falcon tellin ppl not to license with Shocker is a rumor that Shockertoys created. A lie because that is so unporfessional of a toy company, especially one that has been around for a time. 2nd, the email that was goin around the net written by Toybiz, sayin how retrailers shouldn't carry the indy spotlight toys. However, the email was written poorly, as if it was written by Geoff. It is also not the last time emails with bad grammar went around the net. Recently, shockertoys wrote an email, claimin to be a customer who wants to buy shockertoys at his local comicbook store.

Also, it was discovered that shockertoys did not get all the licenses they said they have gotten; I mean, this claim seems right since it explains why Marveltoys were able to have madman license even though ST said they had it first.

It was Shocker Toys (Geoff Beckett) own stupidity in regards to the early licensing deals, they've got no-one to blame but themselves.

They didn't want to pay to get the full rights to properties, so they went for cheaper non-exclusive licenses, IE Shocker cannot claim exclusive use of the property.

Said creators then got a better deal with Marvel Toys, and went for it.

Shocker's own fault.

And well, that Toy Biz email WAS right. Shocker STILL has not bought product to market, the email was 100% correct. How dare retailers know the truth!

Well, SOTA actually delivered product, what Shocker is doing is larceny. Especially since you cannot cancel once they have your money (but then, they need it, to fuel their hype machine).

goddamn thieves.

l know, but my point was that Sota handed out a free Street fighter figure with the delayed two pack for the consumers whose money was taken by Sota before the 2 packs were delayed. Sayin that Sota went through with the delayed preorders and gave free toys to say as a sorry for the wave being delayed. l do not think ST will do that.

hell, I don't think Shocker will give them the toys they paid for, let alone incentive for having preordered.

I think if you preordered and are expecting anything at this point other than disappointment, then you're dreaming.

Shocker stole that money, there's no other way to say it.

Could legal action be pursued? They're boasting now on their site how Maxx and Scud are in Top 20 toys according to some press and pre-orders are hot! Could they possibly think us any dumber? How dare they brag and strut when they haven't delivered a thing? I wish they did push these out, but since I know that won't happen and they seem more and more like scam artists with sophomoric intelligence at best, I want them to answer for what they've done. I was on their side until time revealed them to be what their biggest detractors claimed all along.

I'm glad Kirkman and Liefeld told them no though. I just wish someone could produce toys of these characters.

from the shockertoy forums:

shocker_web.jpg

NightHawk and Katchoo looks awsome, but I doubt we will see these at retail

Me believes that these protypes are only for display purposes for Comicon next month, hence why the figs are professionally painted.

They are probably used to lure more customers into preorderin their stuff so they can get more money for free.

See that pisses me off. I won't say the figs look 4 Horsemen awesome but they do look good. Really all I want is Scud but still whoever did these did a pretty good job. The kicker though is Shocker's attitude and the bitter fact that these are STILL not released. I remember over at Fwoosh Shocker kept saying they wanted to make the best figs possible. I can understand that but sometimes you have to just release the stuff listen to the complaints and adjust your later waves to coorect want you can/want to. Why these are still held up somewhere amazes me.

it doesn't amaze me.

he didn't have the money to make them, so he turned on the hype machine, STOLE the money to make 'em and is now teasing people with something they'll never get.

and he's gonna steal more money at the freaking con. If I ran SDCC, I would tell them not to come unless they had some actual freaking product.

It would be really neat if "Katchoo" actually resembled the character in some vague way. It's a really terrible likeness. Not only does it not resemble her, but she looks like she's going to cry.

Don't be sad, Katchoo! Someday a company that knows what it means to manufacture product will actually get a decent figure of you out there!

Those look really nice. I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat and forgive this long game of delays and deception. Just release them. Hell I don't care if they short run it, Mattel, world's biggest toymaker, only manufactured half of DCUC Wave 2 and is notorious for poor distribution so a limited Series 1 would meet industry standards.

Just put your money where your mouth is shocker!! Those look good, get them to us and just watch and see how people start to change their tune about you and possibly opens doors to other licenses you'd like.

from the shockertoy forums:

shocker_web.jpg

NightHawk and Katchoo looks awsome, but I doubt we will see these at retail

Me believes that these protypes are only for display purposes for Comicon next month, hence why the figs are professionally painted.

They are probably used to lure more customers into preorderin their stuff so they can get more money for free.

THese are what I was talking about earlier, paint masters.

But of course, that still doesn't prove that the figures are being made. I'm guessing that you will see more of the scam in March-April where a lot of stores are joining Shocker TOys and put out these fake action figures out on pegs to scam people.

Oh, very funny Cloud.

Yes, how silly of anyone to doubt Shocker, because they have NEW photo's of prototypes.

You might have a valid point if it weren't for the fact that these CON-ARTISTS have already done this trick 3 times already... show new prototypes, claim they're coming soon... AND THEY NEVER CAME OUT THEN!

Even if these do end up coming out, it's hardly unreasonable for people to doubt Shocker given their history of promising that these have been about to be released "soon" for the last 3 years.

However, if you didn't hear, Diamond has canceled all orders for these, because they're not coming out. Looks like you might be wrong Cloud.

It's not crazy to doubt them obviously, trusting them is crazy. They were due last summer after a lot of reworking and marketing that actually did look to create a better product and Wizard and ToyFare even hyped them. Boy did that come to a halt. Then they'd be out in December, which quickly shifted to be 'shipping from factory' in December and it was Diamond's error there was confusion....... @loll@ Ok, sure.

Well, it'd be great to buy these and I hope at least these guys aren't scammers and can get over the hump. I think even Shocker's biggest haters would buy the figures shown above and be willing to give them a chance if they could produce anything.

I will say that this is probably the biggest 'scam' they've pulled if that's what it is. Not sure who gets into Shockinis really or their other licenses, but a lot of people were into this line including Wizard, newsarama, ToyFare and other press and fans at cons. They can't get away with this one b/c it'll have burned too many. If this is all bulls%$^ then I think charges should be brought up. Seriously.

I think 2 years of Shocker saying "wave 1 will be released later this month" and then never owning up to their promise is a good reason why a lot of people on the forums and several licensors and toy designers are callin the company's bluff.

Also, it is a bit odd that no toy sculptors will work with the company, hence why the Indie figs are handled by a Singapore outside party who takes 3d models of the character and then have their machines make a 3d copy of the toys.

Shocker promised these figures way back in May, Not certain if Shockertoys gave an earilar date, but it is unprofessional for a company to give out fake release dates, knowingly that they can't deliver on time.

ln my opinion, Shocker most likely have found a prototype painter to paint these figures for Comicom. Most likely, the proto painter either got paid or never heard of Shocker, hence why these look good rather than lookin like crap like they did in the prototypes or like customs painted by a customizer.

first of all, even if these do come out, that doesn't change the fact that Shocker is a pack of liars and thieves.

second, even if these do come out, the childish way Shocker has acted, I expect the line to fail miserably.

oh sure, some people will buy Scud and Maxx. And if it were anybody else, I'd be right beside them. But I don't want Scud and Maxx enough to actually encourage Shocker.

I'd rather see them go out of business, and for Geoff to die penniless, personally.

second, even if these do come out, the childish way Shocker has acted, I expect the line to fail miserably.

Sorry, this one has me scratching my head.....

Most of the buying public at large has no clue how "Shocker toys has acted" and they'd buy these toys based solely on their merits as toys and characters. They'd succeed or fail based on that.

The other thing is that the toy industry is so cutthroat that Shocker Toys is certainly not the first company to use.......shall we say.......underhanded tactics to do business by. This might be something Shocker's detractors have overlooked. Its worth mentioning and reminding because because this thread has long gone past the point of being any kind of useful dog-pile otherwise.