Any questions for Shocker Toys we are here to help

ShockerToysHelp

I can't really say too much about it but the prototypes are ready it's at the painting stage. Once that is complete they should be able to start production and expecting that to start around January and CHinese New Year in Febuary I would bet that March-APril will be the release date.

You mean March-April 3011?? I could see that.......

I can't really say too much about it but the prototypes are ready it's at the painting stage. Once that is complete they should be able to start production and expecting that to start around January and CHinese New Year in Febuary I would bet that March-APril will be the release date.

No.

They're supposed to be on shelves already. He said so.

then he came back and said that they were supposed to SHIP in December.

SO WHAT THE HELL IS IT?, ARE THEY COMING, OR ARE THEY STILL IN THE PROTO-GODDAMN-TYPE PHASE?

No.

SO WHAT THE HELL IS IT?, ARE THEY COMING, OR ARE THEY STILL IN THE PROTO-GODDAMN-TYPE PHASE?

They aren't in production yet.......... but we are guessing some time in March- April and yes 2009. Just my prediction though since they are in the step to finalize the paint control.

No.

They aren't in production yet.......... but we are guessing some time in March- April and yes 2009. Just my prediction though since they are in the step to finalize the paint control.

See that's what I'm talking about......if you go back a few pages (and to other websites) the on shelf date was DECEMBER. Not being painted, or retooled, or in production; ON SHELF. To act like that was never said is an insult to anyone who can comprehend who to page back in the history of any website that Shocker has advertised in. Tell you what....how about Shocker shut the hell up and instead of arguing and insulting people and busting date after date just focus on getting these damn things on the shelf because I would like to have a Scud before the Rapture.

it would seem Valentino and Schram(? the Scud guy) would just opt to pull out and find a diffrent company to work with who could show results in less than four years.

I'm not going to bash Shocker or try to make them out to be something other than what they have shown themselves to be. I think csome people have taken this whole thing way too personally. But to answer the quote above, what toy company is gonna step up and do this? While I would love to see many of the characters that are out there be made into plastic figures and actually miss the mid 90's explosion when a whole lot of companies came out and created many different independent toys, there just isn't a place for it today. Marvel and DC are locked up and I really don't see any of the larger companies wanting to do this. Most of these characters are such niche characters that finding a way to promote them is really hard. For example the characters in Shockers wave one. Scud, Maxx, and Katchoo aren't being published right now and have no game, TV or movie tie in coming out. Shadowhawk and Kabuki are published really infrequently. McFarlanes not doing anything except sports and "major" video game toys. I can't see Neca doing any of these characters and Marvel Toys is closed down. So who's gonna step up?

Now I hope that these eventually come out and I hope thet they are as good as I would want they to be. That be said I'm not counting on seeing them anytime soon, but I could hope.

If these crap toys ever make it to shelves, it'll be a miracle.

but I guarantee that I won't be buying them, and I encourage all of you to do likewise.

first off, WHO IN THE HELL paints all of their toys themselves?, nobody, that's who. This should've been done at the factory.

guys, just stop holding your breath for this garbage, or you're always going to be disappointed. I can't tell you what to do with your own money, but if you buy these (should they ever come out), not only are you gonna be disappointed, and not only will you be wasting your money, but you'll also be encouraging these thieves.

the only way we're gonna put this douchebag out of business is by not buying his crappy toys. You want a Scud figure?, then you shouldn't take what you can get and be happy, you should wait until this license expires, and demand a GOOD Scud figure.

the problem with this fandom is that we want instant gratification, even at the expense of quality.

would you rather have ANY Scud Figure, or a GOOD Scud figure?, because if they're painting these themselves (as it appears they are), then we know what to expect, because we've seen reviews of their 'crap splattered' Metalocalypse exclusives.

but I guarantee that I won't be buying them, and I encourage all of you to do likewise.

first off, WHO IN THE HELL paints all of their toys themselves?, nobody, that's who. This should've been done at the factory.

guys, just stop holding your breath for this garbage, or you're always going to be disappointed. I can't tell you what to do with your own money, but if you buy these (should they ever come out), not only are you gonna be disappointed, and not only will you be wasting your money, but you'll also be encouraging these thieves.

the only way we're gonna put this douchebag out of business is by not buying his crappy toys. You want a Scud figure?, then you shouldn't take what you can get and be happy, you should wait until this license expires, and demand a GOOD Scud figure.

the problem with this fandom is that we want instant gratification, even at the expense of quality.

would you rather have ANY Scud Figure, or a GOOD Scud figure?, because if they're painting these themselves (as it appears they are), then we know what to expect, because we've seen reviews of their 'crap splattered' Metalocalypse exclusives.

I dont understand what do you mean by painting the figures themselves. It's still in the stage for paint reference. I dont know how to better explain it but the factory needs a sample for how the painted product should look like.

I dont understand what do you mean by painting the figures themselves. It's still in the stage for paint reference. I dont know how to better explain it but the factory needs a sample for how the painted product should look like.

The metalpocalypse sdcc sets were hand painted by shocker, hence why they are so bad; rather than havin the factory paint them, they get the unpainted set and paint it themselves. They said they painted them "in house" to rush out the product. More than likely, they did this so that they can save money.

I understand what you're sayin, but how can it still be in the painting reference stage especially how Kyle Robinson did all the proto paints and posted it on his webpage since the beginning of summer? I am sure they probably shipped those off to China or had Kyle do more than one paint master per guy.

Unless we get something (yeah right) soon I'm also wishing to see them disappear. This is an insult and embarrassment. These have been delayed how many times? 5? And over 2 years? They look ok enough to buy, but they are a scam it seems. All the things people said about them over this time are looking to be true. I just wish somebody could make action figures of Indy Comics. LCBH was awesome.

I understand what you're sayin, but how can it still be in the painting reference stage especially how Kyle Robinson did all the proto paints and posted it on his webpage since the beginning of summer? I am sure they probably shipped those off to China or had Kyle do more than one paint master per guy.

I don't know about this. When was this news posted? Can you give me the link ?

http://www.kylerobinsoncustoms.com/links/king.htm

There's Kyle's site, showing that he did the paint masters for Series 2 back before SDCC.

It's painfully obvious at this point that Shocker Toys is not in the toy business, they're just a scam. They have barely made anything, and their main business seems to come from taking pre-orders for things that never get made.

They have never made a fully painted, fully poseable action figure. They've done a few limited run statues or unpainted block people. The few things they've made are simplistic enough that anyone with a small amount of cash could pay to have done. But Shocker is pretending they're a big time toy company, when clearly they're not. "They" are just one man, who is not nearly as smart as he likes to think he is, and won't admit that the entire world has caught on to his con.

These are NEVER getting made. They're supposed to have been released several times already according to Geoff himself.

I hope he hurries up and closes his crappy company officially. It would mean that someone legit might try to take some of the licences and actually make some cool figures of indie comics. At the very least, it COULD happen. As long as the license is tied up by this stupid jerk, nothing is getting made.

http://www.kylerobinsoncustoms.com/links/king.htm

There's Kyle's site, showing that he did the paint masters for Series 2 back before SDCC.

It's painfully obvious at this point that Shocker Toys is not in the toy business, they're just a scam. They have barely made anything, and their main business seems to come from taking pre-orders for things that never get made.

They have never made a fully painted, fully poseable action figure. They've done a few limited run statues or unpainted block people. The few things they've made are simplistic enough that anyone with a small amount of cash could pay to have done. But Shocker is pretending they're a big time toy company, when clearly they're not. "They" are just one man, who is not nearly as smart as he likes to think he is, and won't admit that the entire world has caught on to his con.

These are NEVER getting made. They're supposed to have been released several times already according to Geoff himself.

I hope he hurries up and closes his crappy company officially. It would mean that someone legit might try to take some of the licences and actually make some cool figures of indie comics. At the very least, it COULD happen. As long as the license is tied up by this stupid jerk, nothing is getting made.

I wonder what would Stan Lee do if he finds out that the WWTBASH figs cannot be made.

That sounds logical if their GWAR (I know their metaloclypse are of vinyl) 6 inch figures are vinyl or pvc, which I think were. I mean, if you think about it, all the stuff that they made were things any joe schmo can have hk to make. The shocktinis are little knick knack toys, which can be found in novety stores and for their vinyl deathlok toys, which is the same type of stuff urban figs are made from. Urban figures are fashion figs that any joe schemo can make, which is why they are called underground toys.

Curious, I can no longer locate the metalocalypse review on the first two painted vinyls. I could have sworn l seen the review on oafe years ago, but I do not see it there anymore. If the review were from that site, perhaps Geoff had the review taken down.

I just have one question.

Why the hell can't we get a straight answer out of Shocker?

I don't expect an answer to the above question, mostly because, much like Shocker's toys, I don't expect anything from them anymore.

except more comedy gold when he tries to defend himself, or backtrack on his multiple lies.

l think we scared him away since the ST forums has a lot of updates in regards to clear protoypes of scud and the maxx, as well as upcomming figs like a rough head proto of mr. gone and a new proto of a wave 3 figure.

It is also said that more mass market shops other than tru will carry the line.

I think st is makin up the mass market part though.

As for the testshots of wave 1, I bet that Geoff probably bought a limited number plastic injected parts with spurs and build them up.

I got the answer, Kyle did the work for series2. And Shocker toys is repainting the series 1 figures because the first painted version looks bad.

If that's the case Cloud, why were they lying and saying Series 1 would be shipping in December? They would have been aware of the fact that they were only up to commissioning paint masters, which means they are still ages away from being made. Certainly not shipping last month.

And why are they only re-doing paint masters NOW? People told them the last ones looked crap MONTHS ago when they first showed them. They should have had new ones done THEN. Why were series 2 done before series 1?? If what you're saying is true Cloud, then it shows how absolutely incompetent this company is.

As far as I'm concerned, these aren't getting made. That's obvious. No real company, with any real intention of releasing a product would be messing around and delaying things this much. 3 years. This has got beyond a joke now. Why should people give them ANOTHER chance. At the start of last year they were complaining that people should give them a chance and just wait, because these would be coming out soon. Shocker are just scammers, trying to get money from gullible people for a product they clearly have no intention or ability to produce.

If that's the case Cloud, why were they lying and saying Series 1 would be shipping in December? They would have been aware of the fact that they were only up to commissioning paint masters, which means they are still ages away from being made. Certainly not shipping last month.

And why are they only re-doing paint masters NOW? People told them the last ones looked crap MONTHS ago when they first showed them. They should have had new ones done THEN. Why were series 2 done before series 1?? If what you're saying is true Cloud, then it shows how absolutely incompetent this company is.

As far as I'm concerned, these aren't getting made. That's obvious. No real company, with any real intention of releasing a product would be messing around and delaying things this much. 3 years. This has got beyond a joke now. Why should people give them ANOTHER chance. At the start of last year they were complaining that people should give them a chance and just wait, because these would be coming out soon. Shocker are just scammers, trying to get money from gullible people for a product they clearly have no intention or ability to produce.

It is hard to say, but I don't think we will see these out till they have more money to spend or if pressured. I mean, sure Shockertoys tease us of new testshots and of the parts in plastic spurs, but for all we know, these could be a limited run they ordered just to tease us.

If that is true, then shockertoys threw a bunch of money out the window.

To be honest I don't know but it I wouldn't say that the Indie figure will never be released. The process is just getting delayed. This reminds me of "Neo-SOTA" Street Fighter Revolution series1. People keep saying that these will never be made. Slow process doesn't mean it will never be made. It just takes time. Don't need to bash anything, chill out and have some patience man. There's no single toy in this world that would make you die if it's not made. Get anything if you like it and no biggy if you don't see it. It's just a toy afterall.

Sorry Cloud, but this is no comparison to the SOTA Street Fighter Revolution series. Those figures were delayed by about a year. Compared to 3 years for Shocker's Indie Spotlight. And right now we're no closer to seeing these made than we were 12 months ago. The pictures being shown now of unpainted test shots are the same figures that were painted and shown at SDCC, Geoff even admitted that on the Shocker forum. And SOTA didn't take anyone's money for pre-orders, unlike Shocker.

Shocker are just con artists, trying to get money for something they haven't made, and clearly don't have the ability to make. Right now, their website is taking "pre-orders" still, and taking money off people, for something they aren't even close to having made. You don't take people's money for something like this if you haven't even started making it.

There is a VERY valid reason for people to be vocal about what Shocker are doing, to make sure as many people as possible are aware what a filthy rotten scam Shocker are trying to pull. Because otherwise people like yourself, Cloud, will make this seem completely legitimate, as if these "delays" are perfectly acceptable. You shouldn't defend these scammers, or you're only helping them rip people off.

Yes, delays happen all the time in the toy business. Plenty of good toys I've wanted over the years have had delays. But 3 years of delays, is unprecedented. This does not compare to any other companies legitimate delays. Right up until the middle of December Shocker were insisting these were still on their way. If they're at the stage you say they are, then they should have known MONTHS ago they wouldn't be ready now, and should have stopped taking pre-orders, instead of continuing to lie to people about them still coming in December.

If Shocker were just quietly working away on this line, taking their own sweet time, I wouldn't care less right now. My interest in owning figures like these has died off months ago, like it probably has for many people by now. But they're not doing that, are they? They're out spamming every message board they can find, telling people to come pay them money for something they aren't even close to making.

I'd trust SOTA's promises over Shocker's any day.

SOTA delivered several waves of SF figures, AND when they DID come, they were quality. If they're saying they're coming, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.

Shocker, on the other hand is all lies, and no substance.

I'm w/ Avatron here. Regardless of new or old Sota, both regimes had their toys available.

As for Shocker, they seem slow despite now that they have test pics of series 1. However, we do not know if these test shots are authentic or homemade.

I have read several liceners are mad at SW for bein so slow and therefore cancel their licenses.

SOTA didn't take anyone's money for pre-orders, unlike Shocker.

They have. However, unlike Shocker, it was logicial because they had preorders for the SDCC two packs, which was a month away. They took the money but realized they couldn't get all the units in time. As a result, they sent an extra SF toy to the ppl who have had their preorders delayed.