Ric Flair parting ways with WWE

BeautifulDisaster

According to a number of independent promoters, they were told today by representatives of Ric Flair that he has decided to part ways with World Wrestling Entertainment and that he is now available to take independent bookings.

The split is said to be an amicable parting of the ways related to the company not allowing him to take outside offers he wanted to accept. Over the past few months, Flair has been forced to back out of a number of previously scheduled outside bookings because WWE didn't approve of them.

More details on the story are coming, so stay tuned.

Source: f4wonline.com

As long as Ric Flair and WWE stay on good terms, I don't see why this would be a big deal. However, if Flair follows money and does something with TNA (especially with the lure of an appearance with Sting out there as bait), I wonder how long before the Flair bashing were to begin on WWE programming. I have a feeling TNA will make a big push to get Flair to do something with them, especially with Sting being there and being a friend of Flair's.

Did the NWA Hall of Fame happen yet? The WWE wouldn't allow Flair to be present for it and Flair probably really wanted to be. With Flair now out of his contract he'd be able to appear.

I gotta wonder if it was maybe the lure of the ring and Flair found being in the WWE and not wrestling a little too much.

According to the brief story, representatives of The Nature Boy contacted independent promotions with the information that Flair will be available for bookings due to a departure from WWE.

Inside details on the situation are scarce, but early reports indicate that the severance is being portrayed as amicable. Flair's WWE contract had apparently been preventing him from accepting offers of interest, so the two sides agreed to end their relationship.

The following is from WWE.com:

Flair and WWE Part Ways

Written: August 3, 2008

WWE and Hall of Famer Ric Flair have mutually agreed to contractually part ways. After an extraordinary career Ric has chosen to pursue opportunities outside of WWE.

Now that Ric Flair and World Wrestling Entertainment have parted ways, the door is now open for TNA to step in and book Flair. His WWE release does have the 90 day clause so unless things change, he will not be able to do certain bookings until the 90 days are up.

If Flair is to ever have a true last match, at this point in time it should be with Sting. And I would love to actually see them tag team wrestle a little too. Sting/Flair is the rivaly I most associate with wrestling.

Draven

I agree with everything Eric Bischoff said in his most recent blog. If Ric comes back and wrestles again... he will lose soooo much stock in my eyes (and in the eyes of many others I believe). The emotion and the memory of March 29th-31st will be ruined.

But I cant help to wonder about Ric Flair’s motivation to leave WWE. In some ways, Ric Flair is in a simalar position to Brett Favre. In May I wrote in my blog “Finally” about how happy I was for Ric, that he could retire on a grand stage like Wrestlemania with the love, support, and respect from the people around him. To have the opportunity to retire in a way that put a proud period at the end of the last sentence of a great book that was Ric’s career is rare and should be appreciated.

If Ric asked for his release from WWE in order to pursue a career as a public/corporate speaker, I wish him the best. Ric is great in front of a crowd, and if charm and charisma were publicly traded commodities on the New York Stock Exchange, Ric would be a walking Fortune 500 company.

But if Ric is being driven by his “sense of self”, and is contemplating a return to the ring as a result, I fear,that the special moment that was Ric’s retirement and in many repects his legacy, will be diluted forever in the process.

Courtesy: Ericbischoff.com

I don't think Flair would have been as emotional with his match with Michaels or at the HOF if he was going to ever wrestle again. I think he just wants more time to pursue things outside of wrestling.

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE