Should Playmates Do Updated Storage Shell Turtles Figures.

This was something I've been meaning to post for quite a while now. The recent posting about the old Storage Turtles figures kind of made me figure that now might be a good time to post it(Plus, I currently have the time to ask the question). Back when Playmates was re-launching the TMNT toyline in 2003 in connection to the 2K3 cartoon series, I heard and saw that they re-release and remodify some of the Mutation Turtles figures but in 2K3 style. 1 of the things I was hoping that Playmates was going to do was use the Storage Shell Turtles figure concept but for the 2K3 style. I think they would of been better variants of the Turtles themselves than some of the few wacky varients we've seen of the Turtles in the 2K3 toyline(Espeically better choices than the M.E.S.S. Turtles and Extreme Sports Turtles. Of course, 1 of the good things about the 2K3 toyline was that there weren't that many wacky variants of the Turtles themselves).

I mean, I think it would of been cool to have see them do this concept for the 2K3 line, what with the Turtles coming with their signature weapons(Which could still fit in their belts just like the old toyline), and then some other extra weapons/accessories that could be stored in their shells, such as ninja stars, knifes, some other accessory or 2(Each Turtle having a different accessory or 2), and something personal for each Turtle, such as a tech gizmo for Don, a snack or 2 for Mikey, a book for Leo(Maybe something like The Art Of War), and for Ralph, either something to take out his aggression on(Like a small punching bag of some sort or a Mike doll) or some small dumbell weights to workout with.

Maybe in the upcoming Back To The Sewer or other future toylines, Playmates may want to try out the storage Turtles concept again. What you do you guys think? If Playmates were to re-do the Storage Shell Turtles concept for either the 2K3 or any future Turtles lines, would you consider it? Yeah, yeah, I know, NECA is better. But still, would you be okay with Storage Turtles being another variant of the Turtles to get for any of the Playmates lines or not?

The Storage Shell turtles was one of the variant turtles that I really like besides the under cover turtles. It's not realistic for a turtle to have an open shell but it's a really cool toy concept.

And that's what I liked about them Cloud. It was a cool concept, to have the Turtles come with some accessories/weapons, and be able to store them all inside the shell, instead of just their main weapons on their belts and putting the rest of the weapons somewhere else where you've forgotten them or lose them, say something like your pockets or a bag. With these, you could put all their weapons/accessories inside their shells(And from the looks of it, their belts could hold their main weapons too), and you can quickly get the weapons out of their storage shells, without worry about where their other weapons are. This is why a part of me was really disappointed with Playmates for not trying out this concept for the 2K3 line, since that's still my favourite design of the Turtles themselves.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE