Batman 3

Darth Vehmic

I heard a few weeks ago that since the Tumbler was destroyed in The Dark Knight, that Bruce Wayne's Lamborghini Murcielago, that was introduced in TDK, may very well be the batmobile in the third Batman movie. Many fans complained about the Tumbler not looking sporty enough in Batman Begins and since it has been destroyed, it seems like the perfect time to introduce a very sporty looking batmobile more in line with the comics. So, what are your thoughts on this and anything else relating to the third Batman movie?

As for the Batmobile: I was kinda ticked that they blew it up. I liked that ride. It was a tank. Perfect for the new Batman movies. When they blew it up I couldn't help but think of the first movies' gimmick of blowing up the Batmobile every time so that there's a new toy to sell for the next movie. I was hoping these movies would rise above that. But actually, it's really not a huge deal.

As for the villians: I read an article that threw around Jonny Depp's name for the Riddler and Phillip Seymore Hoffman as the Penguin. Never seen a movie with PSH in it, but I hear he's good. Depp would be a great *anything*, so I'd take him as Riddler.

As for the Batmobile: I was kinda ticked that they blew it up. I liked that ride. It was a tank. Perfect for the new Batman movies. When they blew it up I couldn't help but think of the first movies' gimmick of blowing up the Batmobile every time so that there's a new toy to sell for the next movie. I was hoping these movies would rise above that. But actually, it's really not a huge deal.

As for the villians: I read an article that threw around Jonny Depp's name for the Riddler and Phillip Seymore Hoffman as the Penguin. Never seen a movie with PSH in it, but I hear he's good. Depp would be a great *anything*, so I'd take him as Riddler.

PSH is a great actor. Just like Ledger, u see the character he is playing. Some movies I remember PSH got involved were:

1. Capote (he won an oscar for that one)

2. Flawless (with DeNiro)

3. MI:3

4. Charlie`s War

About the batmobile, I hope they keep it a tank, with a more stylized line. I can´t see a sport car breaking through walls and flying over rooftops without getting any damage. The tumbler was perfect for the hard work.

A Lamborghini styled Batmobile would fit within Nolan's movie series, you see, in TDK his new suit was designed to give him more speed at the cost of armor, so it would seem reasonable that his ride will follow that same trend.

Also, the rumor mills are saying that Angelina Jolie is being considered for the role of Catwoman, and I really hope that's not true. Sure, she's attractive but she's distracting in many of the movies I've seen her in and I just can't see her as Selina Kyle.

The Riddler would be an awesome villian for the 3rd movie, I can't wait!!

A friend said maybe they should bring in Superman in the next movie as an opponent later friend/ally.

He said since Batman is a wanted fugitive now, maybe Superman will fly from Metropolis to help Gotham City not knowing that Batman is on the side of good.

The story will go like... Batman is in the process of apprehending a criminal (maybe a known or just a thug) but Superman step in allowing the forementioned criminal to escape. Batman and Superman got into one of thier classics tumble and Batman did he's escape thingie 'cuz he can't really beat Superman one on one. Research Superman and finds out how to defeat him via kryptonite courtesy of Lucius Fox's help. They tumble again, Superman got defeated with the said krytonite, tried to escape but got caught by one of Superman's villain (Metallo or Braniac). Batman ended up saving him and they join forces. Superman realizes Batman's not a bad guy after all. Batman gave Superman he's kryptonite as a show of good faith. Superman said to keep it in case he might use it again. They went thier seperate ways as friends forever in the name of justice. The End!

Well, that's how he said it should go! ;)

Don't forget that in Batman Begins, Fox tells Bruce that TWO Tumblers were made. He could simply use the other one in the next movie.

As much as I wish there will be a full blown Batman 3, I keep hearing that Christian Bale only signed on to do a "tie-in" movie as the third one. In other words, something where he isn't the main character, like a JLA or World's Finest, maybe. I wouldn't mind a World's Finest movie to come out after "The Man of Steel".

Bale said he would come back if Nolan would come back. And Nolan said he wanted to a trilogy. As for who the next villain(s) or what the next Batmobile would be is most likely not even seriously being considered right now. They prolly won't settle down to write the next movie for another year or so. BB came out in 05, TDK came out in 08, so im sure B3 will out in 2011. The crew is either taking a break and riding high on the wave TDK is bringing in or working on another movie (Bale is doing Terminator Salvation).

This link sort of explains it: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/02/the-tr...casting-rumors/

I think we all know WB is'nt ready to have Batman & Superman in the same movie,even though we are. The only way a 3rd movie could work is to continue where DK left off,with Batman on the run.

He could be hunted by 2nd & 3rd rate characters like Killer Croc & Deadshot (and GCPD) ,meanwhile thwarting Riddlers latest scheme (maybe with the help of Catwoman,but that's kind of lame) and gaining back the respect of Gotham.Or would that be too Batman & Robinish to have all those characters?

As for Penguin?He sucks.Leave it with Devito.

Don't forget that in Batman Begins, Fox tells Bruce that TWO Tumblers were made. He could simply use the other one in the next movie.

As much as I wish there will be a full blown Batman 3, I keep hearing that Christian Bale only signed on to do a "tie-in" movie as the third one. In other words, something where he isn't the main character, like a JLA or World's Finest, maybe. I wouldn't mind a World's Finest movie to come out after "The Man of Steel".

I completely forgot that there were two tumblers made, I suppose he could use the other one. I would love to see a super sporty Batmobile, though. Chris Nolan said that TDK would show Batman as being more of a detective than in Batman Begins, but he didn't seem like much of a detective to me. If anyone could challenge Batman to become a true detective, it's The Riddler.

I think we all know WB is'nt ready to have Batman & Superman in the same movie,

I don't think WB is ready to do anything with Superman period.

The thought of Bale's Batman running around with Superman or any of the other JLA just doesn't really appeal to me. The first to movies are too grounded in reality, I'm just afraid you're inviting camp if you throw him in with a league of flashy super heroes.

This goes for his enemies too. For these movies, I'd have to say guys like Killer Crock, Clayface, OUT! Guys like Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, (maybe!) Poinson Ivy, IN!

I think we all know WB is'nt ready to have Batman & Superman in the same movie,

I don't think WB is ready to do anything with Superman period.

The thought of Bale's Batman running around with Superman or any of the other JLA just doesn't really appeal to me. The first to movies are too grounded in reality, I'm just afraid you're inviting camp if you throw him in with a league of flashy super heroes.

This goes for his enemies too. For these movies, I'd have to say guys like Killer Crock, Clayface, OUT! Guys like Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, (maybe!) Poinson Ivy, IN!

I don't think we will see any of those villains, with the exception of maybe Riddler. I think Nolan will do someone like Talia al Ghul, Holiday, Hangman, maybe Red Hood, or even Hush. Someone who has not been done before in a Batman movie. Batman has a huge rogue's gallery and it would be really cool to see him take on someone like way way from the comic's past. Of course updating it and grounding it in reality.

I would really like to see the third film as a chess game. The Riddler trying to outwit Batman and find out his secret identity by staging elaborate crimes. You can really showcase Batman as the Dark Knight DETECTIVE.

I like the Johnny Depp rumor. But seriously, what fanboy WOULDN'T want to see Depp in a Nolan/Bale Batman film?

And I personally am more partial to Paul Giamatti playing the Penguin, rather then PSH.

And in the "too soon to talk about" category, I suggest Joaqin Phoenix putting on the clown suit as the next Joker.

And in the "too soon to talk about" category, I suggest Joaqin Phoenix putting on the clown suit as the next Joker.

I seriously hope they do not replace the Joker with anyone else. Ledger did that character to the 9s. I hope Nolan just says hey we leave him be. I just don't think the public would go for it.

I would really like to see the third film as a chess game. The Riddler trying to outwit Batman and find out his secret identity by staging elaborate crimes. You can really showcase Batman as the Dark Knight DETECTIVE.

I like the Johnny Depp rumor. But seriously, what fanboy WOULDN'T want to see Depp in a Nolan/Bale Batman film?

And I personally am more partial to Paul Giamatti playing the Penguin, rather then PSH.

A chess game sort of challenge between Batman and the Riddler would be fantastic to see, but I don't agree with Joaquin Pheonix or Paul Giamatti, though.

I think its cool Riddler is in the next one. I guess its a rumor but whatever. Penguin is also a rumor but I hate him and hope hes not. But I really wish they would put some one who was never in a movie before like Killercroc. And Catwoman would be nice...

I don't see why if Scarecrow is presented similarly to how he was in TDK that he can't show up again. As far as villains go, I'm terrified something will go wrong and the realism will go out the window with the studios pushing for something over the top. I don't think Catwoman could work at all.

Riddler and Penguin could work if they're criminals and not interested in dressing up in suits, or anything like that. Other than that, who knows...

You know all the rumors are that Riddler will be in the next one but I seriously don't think that they have even decided yet. But on the front of the Penguin I read that Nolan said that he would not the do that character. It is too hard to present on the screen without making it campy. I personally like to see one of Batman's lesser known villains. I think like someone who is not a major repeat character, Red Hood, Holiday, or even Hush would be cool. I think Hush would be really cool. Someone who just wants to kill Batman. I would like to see that, someone a little less out there. We had the Joker and Two-Face, now someone who is more reserved and methodical.