Last Crusade Figures Found

indyjones101

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ResidentCriticCollector,

I am sorry if I sounded like a dick, really I don't know the rules. I started buying figures in 2000 but never even thought of looking for any forum or site that was based on toys. I didn't know that HIDING TOYS was bad. I started with MARVEL LEGENDS then jumped to POC movies toys, mighty muggs and now Indy!!!!! But I really only would hide a figure for about 15 mins till I went to the bank and then came back to it. But now I will just use my credit card to buy it, I really do not want to be the villain. Can you really give me a few tips so I don't become a dick. really I don't know the rules, I don't want to step on toes.

I live in South Dakota and took a trip to the east coast and hit up 15 stores so far. No new indy figures at all. All the stores had so much ROTLA and SKULL FIGURES. No new MIGHTY MUGGS or MARVEL LEGENDS. One wal-mart didn't even have the new star wars line. But I did go to comic shop and found an X-men toy and Marvel Legends Youngf Avengers boxset. That was worth the trip alone.

ResidentCriticCollector,

I am sorry if I sounded like a dick, really I don't know the rules. I started buying figures in 2000 but never even thought of looking for any forum or site that was based on toys. I didn't know that HIDING TOYS was bad. I started with MARVEL LEGENDS then jumped to POC movies toys, mighty muggs and now Indy!!!!! But I really only would hide a figure for about 15 mins till I went to the bank and then came back to it. But now I will just use my credit card to buy it, I really do not want to be the villain. Can you really give me a few tips so I don't become a dick. really I don't know the rules, I don't want to step on toes.

I live in South Dakota and took a trip to the east coast and hit up 15 stores so far. No new indy figures at all. All the stores had so much ROTLA and SKULL FIGURES. No new MIGHTY MUGGS or MARVEL LEGENDS. One wal-mart didn't even have the new star wars line. But I did go to comic shop and found an X-men toy and Marvel Legends Youngf Avengers boxset. That was worth the trip alone.

I know that some stores ( such as Wal*Mart ) will actually hold onto the figures for you, but only for up to 24 hours. Thats what I usually end up doing if I don't have the money right at that very moment. It also doesn't make me feel like a complete dick by stashing. I hate it when others stash. It is always a pleasure to find someone else's stashed goodies though. Speaking of Indy figures I finally found a lone LC young Indy figure at a local Wal*Mart but didn't have the money to buy him @grumpy@ . However, maybe that is a good sign that they will now start showing up. I'm really not that dissapointed because the packaging and the actual figure itself weren't in very good condition. It was the only new figure along with 1 LC Indiana Jones ( sub machine gun/ German MP-40 ) on the shelf amongst the horde of wave 1 and 2 still sitting there. Which leads me to believe that the employees may be nabbing the new wave of Indy figures for themselves first. @indy@

Bah, I hide all I want and I always will. But I always will buy said item when I get paid or I hide it for a friend that will come and get it. I feel no shame and all of my collector friends do it. No one should feel bad about doing it. I am one of the most generous collectors I know when it comes to helping my friends, so if I want to hide something till I get paid, so be it.

As far as these figs. Saw them at K mart and the paint jobs suck bad.

Draven

Finally found half the wave at WM today. Pegs were crammed as usual with the old waves, but I flipped through them any way and found 2 Henry's, Young Indy and Indy w/tie, then went to Target and found the Cairo Thug 2-pack.

Finally found half the wave at WM today. Pegs were crammed as usual with the old waves, but I flipped through them any way and found 2 Henry's, Young Indy and Indy w/tie, then went to Target and found the Cairo Thug 2-pack.

I assume that the Thugs are repackaged thugs from the 2-pack with Marion? What other figures are advertised on the back of th package?

Found Every Last Crusade Figure Today at my Local K-Mart.

Elsa x1

Henry x1

Vogel x1

Young Indy x4

Indy with Sub Machine Gun x3

Grail Knight x3

Bought Elsa

Henry was tempting so I hid it. I aint supposed to buy these things. He kinda had a bad paint job...

Great find! I'm still looking for Dr Henry Jones myself and even checked a KMart I rarely check. No luck.

And don't worry about these guys giving you grief for hiding a toy. I've done it and there's nothing wrong with it.

Welcome to the boards too!

Thanks. My K-Mart still has the OTC Star Wars Figures from a couple years ago! Their toy selection is sad. I can't beleive that they actually got the LC waves before my 2 Wal-Marts around here!

Sometimes K-Mart will surprise you like that ~lol!

You still have OTC figures?! Where do you live and incidentally, what figures do they still have?

Yeah. The ones inVintage Style Packaging! Leia, Han, and Greedo.

I live in the sad town of La Crosse, Wisconsin. I finally found the 3 3/4 inch Indy figures 2 months after they were released.

Found Henry at my local wal-mart with a superb paint job. Wow. I love this figure. It even comes with an umbrella lol.

I will hide a figure if I don't have enough cash on hand, but then i run to my bank then come right back to get it. Its a hunt, and I will get what I want.

Just because you don't have the cash on hand doesn't give you the right to "hide" (aka deprive another collector/kid/person from purchasing it). That is absolutely childish-behavior and something that is just as bad, if not worse than scalping figures. If you don't have the money, don't hide the figure. This type of selfishness "It's a hunt, and I will get what I want" should not be tolerated. I don't want to sound preachy (if I haven't already), but people like that should learn some manners, even when it comes to purchasing items. Please don't try to justify your selfish actions.

First of off, i don't know YOUR rules, This is the first time I even knew that collectors had a forum. The last past 10 years that I have been collecting toys, people hide figures, some times I find what they hide and they find what I hide. I didn't know there was rules, or that hiding a toy was wrong. What i know is that I want a toy, I will get that toy without paying ebay prices. Everyday I hit up 7 different stores. Every night I go to wal-mart at 3am to find what I am looking for. My selfish actions? its not my fault that you don't try hard enough to find what you are looking for. Turn over every box, look in the shipment, it is a hunt and that is one part that makes it fun. And then you compare may actions to scalping figures? I don't collect for other people or to make a profit, so how does this compare? I take each toy out of the box too, does this make me bad too?

So is it also bad when I open Wal-mart shipments to get they toys I want? you might think so, since it did not sit on a peg for other to have a chance to buy it? You should print out the Does and Don'ts of toy collecting for me. You did come off as preachy and rude and that is a turn off, next time you should notice that I am new here and try to talk to me instead talking down to me.

I agree with you Zachblaze. Totally.

Sometimes I 'hide' bad figures that I don't even want just so someone else can find them in a different aisle-- like a Teddy Bear stuck in the Vortex Chamber of a bag-less vacuum cleaner, or a rubber squid stuffed into the pouch of an underwear manikin, or one of those Creepy-looking Sleepy-eyed baby dolls pearing out at you in the Preparation H aisle. Is that wrong?

Oh, found the Last Crusade guys at the Wallyworld in Bellingham, WA. Tons of 'em. Henry Sr. is awesome and all of them look better than the goofy, cross-eyed Indys that we got in the first wave.

You could hide it in the 'refrigerator section' at your local Wal Mart. :D

Or behind all the High School Musical stuff.

True..... I know nobody will look there :P

or behind all the hannah montana crap. i have tooo much of it here. a whole aisle full!

Yeah, you won't get a whole LC wave in a single case. They're split, half in a case. I've only found the Henry Jones, Young Indy, and Indy w/tie in a case, so far at WM. But I finally got Mutt w/motorcycle from Target ove r the weekend.

Yeah, you won't get a whole LC wave in a single case. They're split, half in a case. I've only found the Henry Jones, Young Indy, and Indy w/tie in a case, so far at WM. But I finally got Mutt w/motorcycle from Target ove r the weekend.

I too, finally found half of the new wave ( young Indy and Dr. Henry Jones ) at one of my local Wal*Marts 2 day's ago. All I can say is it's about time these things started showing up. There were about 6 young Indy's and 5 Henry's on the shelf mixed in with all of the first two, i am tired of seeing waves. I was able to compare paint apps. on both and believe that I got the pick of the litter. Didn't care for the new Indy with tie and machine gun. I will get him eventually just to complete the wave. His face app. looks just as abismal as the first two waves. Now, where in the action figure purgatory are Vogel, Elsa and the Grail Knight? Happy Hunting. @indy@

I wonder if people hate me becaue i already bought the entire wave off Amazon the day they were officially released in the US? AND got them all, although in 2 shipments.

The first box had Indy w/SMG, Grail Knight and Young Indy, the second had Henry Sr, Elsa and Vogel

Not really sure why you would think people would hate you for ordering from Amazon.com. I don't. I really don't blame you for going that route. I probably would have too but I have learned through the experience of collecting to be patient. You will eventually, at some point find that hard to find figure you have been searching so long and hard for sitting on a store shelf somewhere ( once the initial buzz dies down). Just gotta keep on searchin'. I simply refuse to pay those ridiculous scalper prices for newly released action figures. @lol@

I guess it was the initial reaction of people finding out that I got a complete set about 2 weeks AFTER they first came out and well, living in the UK too. Its been a case of people being more annoyed that I'm up to date with the basic figures and most collectors are still fighting tooth and nail to get em at a decent enough price.

Although I did pay close to $100 overall for em. It was like $80 for the set and the rest was shipping to the UK. Then customs tax ontop of that, which was a #$#@#.

Although, I am wondering if there's a way I can get the new Cairo Henchmen and Bike Mutt deluxes, since they;'e not out here yet and people are saying they're already out

I guess it was the initial reaction of people finding out that I got a complete set about 2 weeks AFTER they first came out and well, living in the UK too. Its been a case of people being more annoyed that I'm up to date with the basic figures and most collectors are still fighting tooth and nail to get em at a decent enough price.

Although I did pay close to $100 overall for em. It was like $80 for the set and the rest was shipping to the UK. Then customs tax ontop of that, which was a #$#@#.

Although, I am wondering if there's a way I can get the new Cairo Henchmen and Bike Mutt deluxes, since they;'e not out here yet and people are saying they're already out

I will search for them as well. If I come across any of the new deluxes ( which I am sure that I will at some point ) I will keep you posted. If you haven't found them yet I will try to acquire a couple of extras and sell them to you at retail cost ( plus S&H of course ). One question: Is it harder for you to find these figures over in the UK than it is over here in the states? I would figure since you are closer to China and Australlia ( where I believe Hasbro's headquarters is stationed ) that you would receive shipments first before the U.S. <_<

I found nearly all of Wave 1 and 2 basics in stores pretty easily. With the exception of a couple, like wave 1 Sallah and Cairo Swordsman, along with wave 2 Jacket Mutt. I found them eventually in TRU.

The Deluxes have been the most limited, I had alot of trouble getting em, although the easiest ones to get were the German Biker, Raiders Pitfall, Indy on Horse and Temple Trap. I had no end of trouble finding Indy With Ark, German Troops and Marion.

So yeah, and there's alot of pegwarmers. Main one for Raiders is Basic Marion. For Crystal Skull, its Iriana, RPG Indy and T-shirt Mutt

At the moment you can order the Cairo Thugs at Hasbro's site