With MK v. DC, is it likely we will see new MK figures?

3Lephant

With the new videogame coming out, can we expect that someone will pick up the Mortal Kombat license and make new figures? I really hope so, I think MK is the most underutilized license. When you look at the WWE figures, you see how they do classic superstars for the classics, and ruthless aggression for the current wrestlers. I think something like that could be just as good for MK as long as it is done in a limited quantity we can see all characters made. No line has made a complete line of MK, nothing even close.

PS- I will be posting my Mortal Kombat collection here soon..Prepare for your minds to be blown!

Its hard to say if they are going to bring any new figs out especially since there wasnt any mortal kombat related stuff shown at SDCC at all. And the fact that it seems jazzwares has went off the map. Maybe a new company may pick up the license but right now it looks very doomed.

• 4 weeks later...

Unless the figures are GREAT the line wouldn't last long, MK means nothing to today's kids and adult collectors of action figures have a lot on their plates already so unless they were truly outstanding figures only the die hard MK fans would likely support the line.....I just don't see too many companies would want to take the risk. That being said, you never know DCD might do a DC vs MK wave (or two).

Ya know, Mattel, or the 4Horsemen could have AT LEAST grabbed the MK license just for the game. Making several two-packs to be released with the game. I grow VERY tired of seeing a new MK game with good designs and NO figures to boost my MK mood. IMO, I think the 4Horsemen missed a GREAT opportunity to give some BAD ASS MK figures with great detail and extensive POA. IT would have been a masterpiece.

Here's hoping NECA does something about it.