Meow

Wheeljack35

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=13684

Angelina Jolie Tipped For Catwoman Role

posted by JayC

Hollywood beauty ANGELINA JOLIE has been tipped to play CATWOMAN in a future BATMAN movie - by the actress who made the role famous, JULIE NEWMAR.

Newmar, 74, prowled across the small screen, playing the feline villain in the 1960s Batman television series. And she would love Jolie to take on the role - if The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan decides to resurrect the character in a future sequel.

Newmar tells the New York Daily News, "Angelina would own the part. My industry friends tell me (she) has made inquiries about the role. I can

understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love. She's tremendously popular with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess."

Since Newmar, the Catwoman role has been played by Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriwether,and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Michelle Pfeiffer was Catwoman....it wasn't just a part she was playing. After she did the Catwoman role in the Batman movie I wanted her to get a Catwoman movie, but too much time went by and she got too old for the part. Granted when they did get around to making a Catwoman movie it turned out to be total and complete junk so I'm sure Michelle was happy she wasn't in it.

catwoman is one of my all time least fav dc characters but it they simply MUST put her in live action (although i think nolan would never do that) she should be portrayed as a slutty,gothic batgirl wannabe with a competitive crush on bats and it should be played by fairuza balk

181.jpg

I love how Newmar's quote from the NY Daily News doesn't mention Halle Berry as one of the actresses who played Catwoman! Probably has something to do with the fact that the movie REALLY sucked (so I heard, I never saw it)!

Catwoman bores me I kind of hope they don't use the character.

i would have to agree...catwoman is kinda boring. her and bats have some of the lamest fights ive ever seen.(imo)

catwoman is one of my all time least fav dc characters but it they simply MUST put her in live action (although i think nolan would never do that) she should be portrayed as a slutty,gothic batgirl wannabe with a competitive crush on bats and it should be played by fairuza balk

181.jpg

Every time I see her I remember her first movie where she played Dorothy in Return to Oz

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not a fan of Catwoman when it comes to the Batman universe.

The guy who runs Batman-on-Film thinks she's the character for the next Christopher Nolan Batman film (assuming it happens), as do a lot of other people, and I couldn't disagree more.

I think one of the only reasons she's popular now is because sex sells, plain and simple. People see the boobs and tight costume, and they suddenly think she's a great character and needs to be on-screen. If Nolan uses her, I hope she barely resembles what we see in the comic or saw in Batman Returns.

As for Angelina Jolie wanting to play the role, she seems like the arrogant type who would deem herself perfect for a role (not saying that's what she's done, but she's made inquiries, so it wouldn't surprise me). Anyway, she's not a great actor, and that's the highlight of Christopher Nolan's films: outstanding acting.

Ok, 1st thing i'd like to point out is I think none of you would be so damn anti cat woman if you hadn't seen TDK & experianced how grounded in "reality" it is, & how it incorperates mindless mayhem (something that has a tendancy to appeal to men any way), & terroisium (somthing that our world has begun to accecpt as "the norm").

I personaly would LOVE to see Cat Woman again. I can see so much potential for the chacter. You guys are all gripping about how she & all the rest of the bat verse villians will come off & being to cartoony & not live up to TDK level of quality. Well for all of you who are bashing the Holly Berry Cat Woman with out ever having seen it. the film wasn't that bad & didn't deserve the back lash that it got.

True, I don't know what the hell the writer & director were smokeing when they desided to take the franchise compleatly out of Gothem & I don't know who gave her a new name. But other than that the film was great. ok ok the film was good. But if thoes lil items I just mentioned were fix (oh yeah & also up than ante in terms of who she was fighting against, I mean a cosmetic co. was kinda lame), & the flick would have been a hit.

Any way back to TDK. I said all that about Berry's Cat Woman because in the special section of the dvd they realy get in to it on how CW has been reinvented in all manner of way over the decades. So don't be so sceptical of the idea of a CW. With the chacter being SOOOOO versitile (curse my spelling to hell! God I hope the new 800w Tréo comes with spell check), Nolan has limitless optians at his feet as to what he could do with her ( ya know if you read that the wrong way it almost sounds dirty hehehe).

Oh yeah & one more thing. So why is it the only person who wants to see a truly leathel wicked fem fatal take center stage along side Bats & crack a mean wip hard enough to make you pee your pants just a little, a total fairy??? tisk tisk tisk guys. Pyco sex kitten with a pention for distructon & ur not down with that? & I'm the homo?

Ok, 1st thing i'd like to point out is I think none of you would be so damn anti cat woman if you hadn't seen TDK & experianced how grounded in "reality" it is, & how it incorperates mindless mayhem (something that has a tendancy to appeal to men any way), & terroisium (somthing that our world has begun to accecpt as "the norm").

I personaly would LOVE to see Cat Woman again. I can see so much potential for the chacter. You guys are all gripping about how she & all the rest of the bat verse villians will come off & being to cartoony & not live up to TDK level of quality. Well for all of you who are bashing the Holly Berry Cat Woman with out ever having seen it. the film wasn't that bad & didn't deserve the back lash that it got.

True, I don't know what the hell the writer & director were smokeing when they desided to take the franchise compleatly out of Gothem & I don't know who gave her a new name. But other than that the film was great. ok ok the film was good. But if thoes lil items I just mentioned were fix (oh yeah & also up than ante in terms of who she was fighting against, I mean a cosmetic co. was kinda lame), & the flick would have been a hit.

Any way back to TDK. I said all that about Berry's Cat Woman because in the special section of the dvd they realy get in to it on how CW has been reinvented in all manner of way over the decades. So don't be so sceptical of the idea of a CW. With the chacter being SOOOOO versitile (curse my spelling to hell! God I hope the new 800w Tréo comes with spell check), Nolan has limitless optians at his feet as to what he could do with her ( ya know if you read that the wrong way it almost sounds dirty hehehe).

Oh yeah & one more thing. So why is it the only person who wants to see a truly leathel wicked fem fatal take center stage along side Bats & crack a mean wip hard enough to make you pee your pants just a little, a total fairy??? tisk tisk tisk guys. Pyco sex kitten with a pention for distructon & ur not down with that? & I'm the homo?

to you SQ......YOU JUST WANNA CATWOMAN SUIT!(lol) to CATWOMAN.....the finger!

the bats i seen in the movie would kick the crap outta a damn catwoman.....

Are people actually implying that Catwoman isn’t realistic…when we’ve got a guy running around in a bat suit? Pssh! Now there’s hypocrisy if I’ve ever seen it. If you don’t want Catwoman, that’s your opinion, but come up with a better excuse then that.

I'm not sure who said she's unrealistic, and I'm too lazy to go back and read all the posts again. But that's not my gripe.

The empowered woman thing is the craze now, and that's why every drama on television has just that as the lead character. My problem with this is that it seems more about sex (an easy way to sell a show) than about empowering women, which we need to see more of. That's why I hope that if Nolan uses Catwoman in his film, she doesn't resemble her comic book self.

Catwoman is the ultimate empowered woman, and they shouldn't cheapen that by giving her a huge chest and skin-tight clothing. It should be about her character, not her image.

I don't think Catwoman would be the only and main villain. She would be more like Bruce Wayne's new love interest and be revealed to be some minor bad guy/girl later while most of the film would focus more on the main bad guy, whoever that would be.

I have nothing against Catwoman being in a movie, but I'd much prefer to see Talia (Head) al Ghul in the third installment. It would tie in nicely with "Batman Begins".

I'd like to see one of the following three in the role:

Rena Sofer; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0812133/ (She looks almost exactly like how Talia was rendered in "Batman: The Animated Series": )

Yancy Butler; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000319/

Kristen Cloke; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0167028/

I know they would go with someone younger, though. But, older women make better lovers.

Are people actually implying that Catwoman isn’t realistic…when we’ve got a guy running around in a bat suit? Pssh! Now there’s hypocrisy if I’ve ever seen it. If you don’t want Catwoman, that’s your opinion, but come up with a better excuse then that.

Hahaha. @loll@

I kinda think Jolie would be too distracting (!), in that I wouldn't see Selina Kyle as much as I would see Angelina Jolie. I definitely think a lesser-known actress would be better if they do use Catwoman.

I'm one of those who think Catwoman isn't realistic. Batman is Batman because Bruce Wayne created it as a symbol. But why would Selina Kyle dressed up as a Cat? Wouldn't work in Nolan's film.

I have nothing against Catwoman being in a movie, but I'd much prefer to see Talia (Head) al Ghul in the third installment. It would tie in nicely with "Batman Begins".

I'd like to see one of the following three in the role:

Rena Sofer; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0812133/ (She looks almost exactly like how Talia was rendered in "Batman: The Animated Series": </a>)

Yancy Butler; <a href="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000319/" target="_blank">http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000319/

Kristen Cloke; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0167028/

I know they would go with someone younger, though. But, older women make better lovers.

I'm not a fan of Yancy Butler, but you're dead-on about Rena Sofer. If they were trying to draw her as Talia they couldn't have done a better job.

I'm one of those who think Catwoman isn't realistic. Batman is Batman because Bruce Wayne created it as a symbol. But why would Selina Kyle dressed up as a Cat? Wouldn't work in Nolan's film.

Yep, you're a hypocrite.

She could dress up as a Cat because she's inspired by Batman's example (That's pretty much straight out of "Batman: Year One" for that matter).

She could dress up like a Cat because she's a little messed up in the head (See: That guy that dresses up like a clown or that guy that dresses up like a Scarecrow, both of which also exist in Nolan's Bat-verse).

She could dress up like a Cat just for kicks (fits perfectly well with a thrill-seeker outlook).

She could dress up like a Cat because she's trying to get Batman's attention (probably tied to the first one above).

Catwoman is one of the most "realistically" possible villains in Nolan's Bat-verse. She's not a freak of nature or some mutated mess, she's just an attractive, athletic woman that dresses up like a cat and causes mischief of varying shades. It's no more inherently "unrealistic" than a billionaire dressing up like a Bat and beating up muggers every night.

Or say, any less realistic than a dude with half of his face burned down to the bone being remotely functional, much less being able to speak without any impediment and his eyeball not being dried up and useless. Yet people hail that as "genius" while claiming that Catwoman's "unrealistic."

If you don't like Catwoman, just say you don't like Catwoman, it's fine. Don't try to conjure up baloney excuses for why she wouldn't work in Nolan's bat-verse. If Nolan wants her to work in his bat-verse, she will, and far more easily than many of Batman's other rogues.

I vote for Poison Ivy! I saw her Joker's Asylum rendition and that plant-gal is C-R-A-Z-Y! ^_^

Just to point out. The Catwoman movie isn't as bad as people say. Shame on those who dissed it without even seeing it. I saw it 3 times in the theatre (not because I got 'em free passes) but it was actually watchable. I even bought the DVD. The story was well-written pointed, that this is NOT the Selena Kyle: Ctawoman, but Patience Phillips: Catwoman. It's not also in Gotham City. I think it's somewhere in California, but I can't really remember. :mellow:

The ONLY thing they used from the Batman Returns movie is where the cats revive the heroine/villainess persona. They even show the oh so many catwomen in history thus giving solidity to a different Catwoman story. The whole cosmetic villainess was actually a good touch, since Catwoman did had a run-in with some dastardly cosmetic heiress before. The whole marble-skin was a good touch too. ;)

Just to point out again, Michele Pfeiffer's Catwoman was actually IN the movie, even if it's only as a picture in the background! :P