What is up with Wal Mart?

Cyber Bishop

I snagged the figs I wanted from TRU at 12:01 (we trooped it in costume per invitation from TRU http://public.fotki.com/lasquad501st/clone-wars-toy-rele/ ) but Saturday morn I drove to 3 Wal Marts and none of them had ANY clone wars toys out.

I have read other reports of this happening on a couple other boards.

Anyone else have their Wal Mart pull a "big blank" with these?

The 3 WM's I checked Saturday morning had some stuff out(1 store only had a single aisle dispaly of single carded figures). But other people who's WM had notinhg were basically told, "WM doesn't really care about the SW Promotion" which explains why some store were well stocked, while other stores had nothing.

I too went to the Star Wars Event at TRU. Good times. Snagged 2 holographic Generals.

Target had a TON of singles out and a few of the bigger vehicles.

The Walmart I went to today isn't in the best neighborhood. The shelves had around 10 singles up. Then I looked in the isle and they had an entire cardboard display with singles and lightsabers. Managed to snag a Leektar and Nippet which they didn't have at TRU.

Question: These none Clone Warsish figures. Are they like the next wave of 30th Anniversary? Girlfriend collected the coined ones but those are finished. Then they started releasing them with stands. And now these?

The legacy figures as ther known here have peices of an astromech droid in each package.This is the build a droid promotion that will be happening for the next year

So will the figures with stands continue? Or are they concentrating on these at the moment. I just found it weird they were putting the Clone Wars figures in the same box.

The cards for the Clone Wars figures have a Clone Trooper helmet on them. The Legacy figures have a Stormtrooper helmet on them.

The Clone Wars figures also have a black tab that sticks out on the top left connected to the hole where they hang on the pegs.

Those are the best ways to tell the two collections apart.

My 24 hour Wal-Mart put there stuff out about 15 minutes after midnight. Three pallets with giant cardboard displays. One was the Falcon. Another was other vehicles. and the third was two sides lightsabers, two sides single figures. Another Wal-Mart by me had the same stuff out when they opened at 8am. Target had everything out at 9am. Some single figures, vehicles, evolutions (Padme, Fett, and Sith) and the Target Exclusive Commander Fox.

My Wal-Mart just cleared off one side of an aisle and moved the regular ction figures to that aisle. Now the other aisle is emosty empty with just Hulk and Iron Man toys left on it.

The added three rows of pegs to the Star Wars section. Now there is 3 pegs for old Saga figures, 3 for new Saga Legends, 3 for Clone Wars and 3 for Legacy. They have the 3 Battle Packs and the regular sized vehicles and that is it.

The rest of the aisle is just the same action figures as before.

The toy mangaer asked if she could help me and I asked if they were getting anymore or going to get displays and she said what they had was it and they did not get any planners for anything else.

Funny little story about the SW Release.

I went to my Walmart on the 19th and they had all of the singles up on the selves. I was like sweet. Took a bunch to the register and they denied me. So I told them that they better put the rest away or they may get more guys like me, but not as nice. So I went back on the 20th and they still had all the other singles out. They only put away the ones that I grabbed. This Time I picked up a bunch and went to a register and told the cashier that if these do not ring up, I want a manager. Again they did not ring up and she calls over a manager. Just a CSM, but this time I told her these are not supposed to be out until the 26th and that they better pull them all or they might have some problems on their hands. Okay, so I go back on the 21st and all of the SW Singles were gone. They literally pulled all of the SW figures for the entire week until the 26th release date. I went early in the morning on the 26th and found all the figs that I wanted and more. Like most of you said, just pallets on the floor, but what do you expect from Wal Mart. They are not going to go all out like TRU. I wish I was near a TRU, that would have been fun. But alas, I am not going to drive 2 hours to go to a Midnight event and then have to drive back. Besides, I was having too much fun watching the SDCC coverage on TNI.

About two weeks ago I was in Walmart and they had the cardboard disply out of the figures so I grabbed the Scuba Trooper and of course they said it couldn't be sold and when I told the girl that hey they better put back the whole display she moaned like she was in pain

How does things like this happen when the cases clearly state DO NOT PUT OUT UNTIL JULY 26

My friends and I ran into this Friday night/Saturday morning. One WM we hit at midnight put almost everything out, and the other WM across town was waiting until 8 AM Saturday to put their stuff out.

I guess WM just doesn't see this Clone Wars thing being as big as the movies, but it could have been that the people they have to do resets were all working that Saturday morning instead of Friday night.

So will the figures with stands continue? Or are they concentrating on these at the moment. I just found it weird they were putting the Clone Wars figures in the same box.

The "30th Anniversary" is done, Hasbro will not ship anymore figures in the packaging style or that feature the coins or figure stands. All future releases until next year will feature the "Build a Droid" piece.

Legacy figures (the realistic ones with the droid part) ship by themselves, no cases shipped from Hasbro will feature the animated Clone Wars figures.

Keep in mind that Hasbro has a THIRD assortment of single figure: the Saga Collection. These are all reissues of previous figures on Legacy cardbacks that feature little cardboard containters of extra blaster accessories.

Each of these 3 assortments are standalone entities, you will not find them in mixed cases. However, Hasbro is mixing the realistic and animated Battlepacks in that assortment.